Lore what happened to the Sisters of Twilight

Osprey07

So I started collecting the old wood elves before age of sigmar launched and I absolutely love the lore for the Sisters of Twilight. Unfortunately I never found out what happened to them when the world ended. Did Slaanesh eat them or what happened. I'd very much like to know if they might have survived and could possibly show up in age of sigmar.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, novakai said:

yeah they are in the same camp as Skarsnik, Wurrzogg, and Araloth where their fate was left unknown during the Endtime. mostly because the writer left them out of the story

they are presumed dead though because the old world blew up.

Araloth had a pretty defined 'ending' in End Times: Khaine, it was just never followed up on

1 hour ago, Lord of the Isle said:

This is HUGE. I haven't seen any sign of this before, any chance of direct quote?

Here you go, from page 10 of the epub:

It was once thought by the God-King Sigmar that Slaanesh had consumed the aelven race whole, and devoured their ancestral gods alongside. There is much truth to this, for during the cosmos-racking cataclysm that ended the World Before Time, the aelven race was cut down to a fraction of its former majesty. If their empires were once vast golden paradises, after the desolation only a scorched patch of grass remained. That once puissant race would never be the same, reduced to a tattered memory of its former grandeur. But there were those of that ancient people who, via the works of their former pantheon, had found a safe haven. They escaped the doom that awaited them in the gullet of Slaanesh, and reached the realmspheres intact. Through enchantments, miracles and sorcerous artifice, these aelves had made their way into the Mortal Realms without being changed or diminished in spirit. These determined survivors propagated in the hidden places of the realms, keeping away from the prying eyes of those they saw as lesser beings, and teaching their children the values, skills and cultures of their lost world. They might never have rejoined the wider civilisations of the age were it not for the coming of Sigmar, and his uniting of the deities of man, duardin and aelf in a single cause.

:)

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Araloth had a pretty defined 'ending' in End Times: Khaine, it was just never followed up on

The Novel or the Campaign book?  

2 hours ago, BlooDeck said:

The Slaanesh book reveals what happened to Araloth: the elves that did survive into the Mortal Realms were his descendants. 

He got lucky eh?  several times over.

I apparently have a Mandala effect memory of Araloth where I thought he went into the Warp then somewhere else and the ending thoughts of End Times (which turned into Sigmar), for a while I understood to be that Araloth ascended to god-status for the Elf pantheon and he would play a significant role in AoS.  Guess not..  I blame that ancient aliens guy (not that I've watched the show).

@Double Misfire, kind thanks for that.  Sounds almost like a method they could rationalize Fantasy Elves into AoS Aelves.  "oh these Sisters of the WAtch exist cause they snuck away" ?

Edited by Popisdead

4 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

The campaign book. I never read the novel, not sure if it's mentioned in there too, but iirc it's supposed to be about Malekith.

K thanks.  I think in the novels every hero dies. 

EVERY HERO.  Even 5th ed Fantasy heroes who didn't have one-off PDFs rules had a death in the novels.  Arbal the destroyer, Dechala, etc.  

My guess also is Naestra and Arahan have perhaps a paragraph devoted to their death in a novel.  And maybe Araloth's story as well.  

• Like 1

Just now, Popisdead said:

K thanks.  I think in the novels every hero dies. 

EVERY HERO.  Even 5th ed Fantasy heroes who didn't have one-off PDFs rules had a death in the novels.  Arbal the destroyer, Dechala, etc.  

My guess also is Naestra and Arahan have perhaps a paragraph devoted to their death in a novel.  And maybe Araloth's story as well.  

Oh that's the End Times: Archaon tie in novel. It's full of weird Easter eggs that don't serve the story very much, and feel like forced fanservice that nobody really wanted or asked for. The main story with the Empire soldier with a bit of Ulric stuck in him, and Kanto the Unsworn, the Chaos Warrior from Road of Skulls is pretty good though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

There's an Ian Watson reference?

Spoiled for anyone who's not read the Inquisition War trilogy yet (if you haven't you really should):

Spoiler

Slishy, the Daemonette who Googol, Jaq Draco's Navigator crushes on in Inquisitor/Draco, and then goes crazy thinking about while in stasis for a centaury in Harlequin is profiled on page 37, apparently having been promoted to a Herald:

The strange tale of Slishy Gheistbane is told along the coastlines of Shyish’s Prime Innerlands.
Though the Bladebringer and their cavalcade of riders are vicious and sadistic killers, it
was their intervention over the course of the necroquake that saved the wider region
of Charrbone. When the great ritual of Nagash’s Black Pyramid sent processions of
Nighthaunts cascading across the lands, the ghostly riders known as the Souldrinker
Hunt were at the fore. Buoyed by roiling waves of necromantic magic, the gheists
moved as a hurricane – and in that speed, Slishy saw a challenge. The Godseekers
charged pell-mell alongside the Nighthaunt spirits, racing to outpace the
newcomers in a running battle as they hurtled towards the cliff-side villages that
were their prey. As the hunt accelerated, Slishy got to the villages first, for the Herald’s
daring and swiftness were unmatched. Every living soul found there was slain. When the
Souldrinker Hunt descended to feed upon the mortal souls, they discovered only cooling
corpses – robbed of their spirit-fodder, they began to dissipate and fade. The Nighthaunt
invasion was over before it had truly started, and Slishy proved supreme.

Slishy was previously briefly namechecked in The Realmgate Wars :Balance of Power back in 2016, so someone in the modern studio must quite like Ian Watson.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I apparently have a Mandala effect memory of Araloth where I thought he went into the Warp then somewhere else and the ending thoughts of End Times (which turned into Sigmar), for a while I understood to be that Araloth ascended to god-status for the Elf pantheon and he would play a significant role in AoS.  Guess not..  I blame that ancient aliens guy (not that I've watched the show)

I think, but could be wrong, Lileath's original intention was that Araloth would become the Asuryan of the new setting and his daughter with her the new Lileath. But that never made it through. It could well be he is the Ur-Phoenix now, or maybe instead of taking up the mantle of Asuryan he became Kurnoth. Or the plot thread was kind of forgotten and the writer of Hedonites of Slaanesh threw it a plot bone without getting into specifics.

Edited by BlooDeck
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlooDeck said:

I think, but could be wrong, Lileath's original intention was that Araloth would become the Asuryan of the new setting and his daughter with her the new Lileath. But that never made it through. It could well be he is the Ur-Phoenix now, or maybe instead of taking up the mantle of Asuryan he became Kurnoth. Or the plot thread was kind of forgotten and the writer of Hedonites of Slaanesh threw it a plot bone without getting into specifics.

that was it!  haha i knew I recalled something.  Actually him becoming the new Kurnothi lord would be neat.  

1 hour ago, Lord of the Isle said:

But what about the Grail Knights tho???

Sadly you cannot copyright a Grail Knight so they died.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Oh that's the End Times: Archaon tie in novel. It's full of weird Easter eggs that don't serve the story very much, and feel like forced fanservice that nobody really wanted or asked for. The main story with the Empire soldier with a bit of Ulric stuck in him, and Kanto the Unsworn, the Chaos Warrior from Road of Skulls is pretty good though.

Weird sidebar, if that's the one written by Josh Reynolds he got death threats about "ending Warhammer Fantasy" about that novel.  Also the guy who threatened him, sent the email from his work email :D

People are dumb.  Also having a hard time validating he wrote that novel cause Amazon is listing it as from the year 1605.  Mmm okay Black Library lists it as a JR novel.  

A lot of these old End Times novels are cheap on iBooks or ePub or whatever so if people had that much an interest they were a fun read at least.  

45 minutes ago, Leemer said:

Sidenote (and not sure if this is allowed) but I'm selling a boxed unbuilt metal Sisters of Twilight set atm. DM for details.

There is a buy/sell section, post there for premium sales.  With Cities of Sigmar using dragons they should be a sought-after device.  

I use my 5th ed WE dragon as a Black Dragon and the Sisters of Twilight as a second Black Dragon.