Misthavn wish list / guesses / discussion

Lord of the Isle

3 hours ago, Lord of the Isle said:

There may be further refinements as yet unseen? I hope so

Absolutely, we got 1/3 of one ability so far. No command traits, artefacts or spells. Id say we wait and see. No use moaing about "useless rules" before we even get the full picture. 

Edited by Gecktron

I know it,but dont matter what gonna be the others drugs,even if it is a inmune to damage(that wont happen) all is useless if it is only for one use in all the game and only for the hero(no mount)

And so it is useless the rules,because anvilgard have bad alegiance but the spells and mount traits are great,if this new alegiance is allready worse than anvilguard then it is pretty 100% for sure that gonna be worse because it havent mount traits and it is hard have a better spell than anvilguard have

Getting back to the topic of wishlist/guesses/discussion, I am hoping for some teleporting shennanigans.  The new warcry DoK band's warscroll gives me hope as they are from Ulgu.  It could be the city command ability, so CP dependant.  

The battletome gave us one battalion for each city, so I'm hoping that will continue and that the Drusa battalion is a bonus.

I also hope that there will be some way of generating CP, either through an artifact or spell.

12 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Getting back to the topic of wishlist/guesses/discussion, I am hoping for some teleporting shennanigans.  The new warcry DoK band's warscroll gives me hope as they are from Ulgu.  It could be the city command ability, so CP dependant.  

The battletome gave us one battalion for each city, so I'm hoping that will continue and that the Drusa battalion is a bonus.

I also hope that there will be some way of generating CP, either through an artifact or spell.

The fact that the Misthavn Narcotics rules mentions that you can equip another Friendly hero with a Dark Temptations when you take a Battalion makes it look like we might be getting a new battalion for the two new cities. Or that the new Battalion won’t be locked to a city like we’ve seen with the others.

15 hours ago, Doko said:

I know it,but dont matter what gonna be the others drugs,even if it is a inmune to damage(that wont happen) all is useless if it is only for one use in all the game and only for the hero(no mount)

And Hallowheart is bad because pauldrons of living flame are unreliable! Yeah, maybe if we could wait for more rules before we start mourning? ;)

Also, one turn ethereal drug can be very good if timed correctly (keeping, say, hurricanum alive one turn longer can change the game) , I wonder what the rest will look like.

The thing I wait for the most concerns battalions, though. Namely, do the new cities get them? Is Shadowhost tied to a single city or will it be availible to all? Is Har Kuron even a new city or is it Anvilgard renamed after Morathi takes it over (hey, it's a possibility!)?

• Like 1

First stab (ha!) at adapted Misthavn list -

Freeguild General on foot

Assassin

Sorceress on Dragon

Fleetmaster

1-2 Sorceresses on foot

Battlemage on Luminark

10 Darkshards

10 Corsairs w Handbows

20 Handgunners x 2

40 Corsairs w blades

5 Pistoliers x 2

10 Shadow Warriors

10 Executioners

20 Greatswords

Scourgerunner Chariot / Hydra / Kharybdyss

5 Drakespawn Knights

If I've calculated right this lot would contain six units of deep striking lunacy 

EDIT - may maximise insanity still further by making big block of Corsairs three more groups of 10 instead?!

Edited by Lord of the Isle

2 hours ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Do people reckon Freeguild Guard and deep striking Dark Riders, or Pistoliers and deep striking Corsairs?

Deep striking a full horde of 20 dark riders is something that needs to be done. A lot of shots, a lot of attacks, reasonable price. With bonus move making their charge reliable it might be a pretty viable thing to do.

• Like 1

True, missed that part. Well, no horde discount then, but still sounds viable.

Usually, they're outcompeted by outriders and or pistoliers, because to be more effective they need to both shoot and charge, but here they're given a way to reliably do both.

Also, with their range they can avoid the thing where you shoot and your opponent removes the first rank, making your charge harder. If you roll badly for the extra move you can always shoot something else before charging into the primary target. 

Latest version -

Freeguild General on foot (general)

Assassin (may deep strike instead of hiding him? Thoughts?)

Dreadlord on Dragon (deep striking)

Fleetmaster (deep striking)

2 Sorceresses on foot

(this has ended up a bit wizard light so might make general a wizard via command ability?)

10 Darkshards

10 Corsairs w Handbows (deep striking)

10 Corsairs w Blades (deep striking)

20 Handgunners

20 Crossbowmen (these are actually pretty cool human models, some of them Marksmen of Miragliano others Mordheim, and I can't quite bring myself to make them Handgunners or Darkshards despite benefits...)

10 Freeguild Guard x 2

10 Dark Riders (deep striking)

10 Shadow Warriors (deep striking)

10 Executioners

10 or 20 Greatswords depending on other decisions (Freeguild General probably goes here)

Hydra (deep striking)

5 Drakespawn Knights (deep striking)

Edited by Lord of the Isle