New HeroQuest

Sharkbelly

was kind of interested, but they're not shipping outside US&canada. Also I'm not that fond that companies as big as Hasbro crowdfund their products.

I'm thinking if the inclusion of fishmen replacing the fimir is kind of a joke about the always rumored warhammer fantasy fishmen 

besides all of that looks neat. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 10:18 AM, Gotz said:

was kind of interested, but they're not shipping outside US&canada.

They are shipping to Australia now (but only if you want the expansions too), so Europe may be a possibility in the future ...

General speculation about the restricted availability seems to centre around rights (given that the original was a collaboration between GW and Milton Bradley [now owned by Hasbro via Avalon Hill]), although that could be nonsense!

30 minutes ago, Cordova said:

They are shipping to Australia now (but only if you want the expansions too), so Europe may be a possibility in the future ...

General speculation about the restricted availability seems to centre around rights (given that the original was a collaboration between GW and Milton Bradley [now owned by Hasbro via Avalon Hill]), although that could be nonsense!

at this point I think I have zero hype for the game XD. I'm more interested in building myself a board and putting together some rules than waiting for this one.

The thing is, Warhammer Quest and Hero Quest are two different things.

Heroquest was basicly the father of Warhammer Quest

Hero Quest was invented 1989 (from Hasbro and GW) and Warhammer Quest as a successor came 1995 with GW as Publisher.

It is basicly the second attempt for a Heroquest revival. 2013, Gamezone Miniatures made a Kickstarter that was planned for 25 Years Heroquest (so the plan was 2014), they had the money but the costumers never got the product. So let's hope that this second attempt will have a product as result.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve booked myself for two mythic level pledges (the second is for one of my kids who wants her own copy) but I highly doubt they’ll hit all their stretch goals (especially these last five which were added earlier this week). I’m mostly buying for the nostalgia factor and the great looking 3D renders and hope the physical products look as great as those renders. Like many/most others, Heroquest was my gateway drug into gaming and the root cause of my wallets’ repeated plastic induced beatings. 

I still have the original (the original box fell apart a couple of years ago) with the three expansions that were released in Australia. All the minis apart from the Barbarian (don't know where he went, got lost in a move at some stage). I reckon I got it in 1990 or there abouts. Play it with my kids occasionally. Still fun but I prefer WHQ. Would be nice if GW would put some effort back into Hammerhal or Silver Tower.

• 7 months later...
17 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

That's technically also Europe, geographically speaking.

I've read that some boardgames website was contacted by hasbro announcing that heroquest was going to be translated into spanish and have standard brick & mortar shop distribution. 

I assume that this also could mean translation to other european languages and distribution there

15 hours ago, Gotz said:

I've read that some boardgames website was contacted by hasbro announcing that heroquest was going to be translated into spanish and have standard brick & mortar shop distribution. 

I assume that this also could mean translation to other european languages and distribution there

Well, English and distribution to the less stubborn part of Europe would be enough for me.