Shadowcortax

Wondering how to run a Grand Alliance of Death Army with FEC, LoN, NH, and OBR. 

Is there anything out there that has rules for that? I'm mainly asking because most death factions have their own mechanics and rules that they need to be able to run, and those are highly dependent on their allegiance abilities. Like OBR relentless discipline points. So I'm trying to figure out how to run an army made up of all death.  I mean they have similar mechanics for the most part but just called different abilities. Also what would be used for battleline? Just the LoN battleline? Or battle line from any of them? 

If anyone has any suggestions or can direct me where to find rules for this it would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Shadowcortax said:

Also what would be used for battleline? Just the LoN battleline? Or battle line from any of them? 

If your army would be Grand Alliance Death (not Legions of Nagash), your Battleline Options would everything that has the Role "Battleline" without being "Battleline if", so:

• Crypt Ghouls
  • Dire Wolves
  • Skeleton Warriors
  • Zombies
  • Chainrasp Horde
  • Kavalos Deathriders
  • Mortek Guard

The mainproblem should be that the Death Allegiance Abilites should be quite weak.

You only have Deathless Minions as Battletrait, 6 Command Traits and 6 Artefacts. So no special Lores for example.

And Command Points should be a problem as well. It is stated in the Ossiarch Bonereapers FAQ that they use command Points for the Abilities if they don't use the Ossiarch Bonereapers Allegiance:

Q: If I take Ossiarch Bonereapers units in a Grand Alliance:
Death army, can the Ossiarch Bonereapers units use command
points and their unit command abilities (e.g. ‘Shieldwall’)?
A: Yes.

The problem is, that command Points are far more restricted.

Edited by EMMachine
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shadowcortax said:

Wondering how to run a Grand Alliance of Death Army with FEC, LoN, NH, and OBR. 

That’s quite brave... maybe write up two armylists of 1k, because as @EMMachine stated: no abilities, no lore, no bueno.

With rumors about something Vampirelike, I fear for the relativly broad approach of the LoNagash book. GDubs seems to split all the factions (elves, dwarves, undead) into almost minimal sets of 10 units max + heroes, just look at FEC (3units, 2monsters, 7heroes).
The Legions book has 18 units (4Bl), 3monsters and 19 heroes to choose from...

• Like 1

Long time ago i had an nasty idea for a Grand Alliance Death List.  Core of this list is crippling your enemy down with -1 to Hit debuffs. you could use something like that list: 

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Command Trait: Red Fury
- Artefact: Tomb Blade
Neferata Mortarch of Blood (340)
Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief (200)

Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
40 x Chainrasp Horde (280)

Behemoths
Mourngul (270)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132

-1 to Hit in 3" from the Tombblade

-1 to Hit in 6" form the Mourngul,

-1 to Hit in (up to 18") form Neferate (Command Ability)

-1 to Hit for a single Unit casted by Olynder

-1 to Hit for all units affeced by the (white) Gemininds

2 of your Heros can replace dead summonable units VLoZD, Neferate and Mourngul hit quiet hard.

• Like 2

Love minuses to hit combos.

When it was still viable in the way back when I used to run Nef, Naggy, a Wight with a -1 to hit relic (can't remember what it was), and a Mourngul. Naggy would use Nef's spell and the lot would run forward as a blob with -3 to hit. Good times. 

14 hours ago, EMMachine said:

If your army would be Grand Alliance Death (not Legions of Nagash), your Battleline Options would everything that has the Role "Battleline" without being "Battleline if", so:

• Crypt Ghouls
  • Dire Wolves
  • Skeleton Warriors
  • Zombies
  • Chainrasp Horde
  • Kavalos Deathriders
  • Mortek Guard

The mainproblem should be that the Death Allegiance Abilites should be quite weak.

You only have Deathless Minions as Battletrait, 6 Command Traits and 6 Artefacts. So no special Lores for example.

And Command Points should be a problem as well. It is stated in the Ossiarch Bonereapers FAQ that they use command Points for the Abilities if they don't use the Ossiarch Bonereapers Allegiance:

The problem is, that command Points are far more restricted.

So they would use command points and not replace it with the RDP for the army?

The trade off being the same as running a OBR list, have RDP but no CP, so they could use the command abilities on warscroll but not the generic or scenario or realm of battle specific ones?

12 hours ago, Shadowcortax said:

So they would use command points and not replace it with the RDP for the army?

The trade off being the same as running a OBR list, have RDP but no CP, so they could use the command abilities on warscroll but not the generic or scenario or realm of battle specific ones?

The "Ranks unbroken by Dissent" Rules only exist if the army has Ossiarch Bonereapers Allegiance which includes relentless discipline points. If you use the Death Allegiance you get nothing of the specific Allegiances only the stuff you find in the Corebook on 252-253.

If you don't use the Ossiarch Bonereaper Rules your Ossiarch Bonereaper units use the same rules as all other armies. They have to take Braverychecks and they use Command Points and use Command Abilites the same way a Ghulking, Vampirelord or Wight King would do.

Not using the generic Command Abilities is only a Ossiarch Bonereapers Allegiance thing because they are basicly creating about 5-10x the Points with Ranks unbroken by Dissent compared to the regular Command Points.

Edited by EMMachine
  • Thanks 1

Probably not in the least bit viable but i toyed about with this for a while:

Leaders
- General
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
Necromancer (130)
Scarab Prince (80)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
- Ancient Spears
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
3 x Tomb Scorpions (240)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
- Unholy Lodestone

Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 169

Basic idea is to put a huge number of regenerating bodies on the table and then a few heroes to buff them. Tomb Scorpions and Scarab Prince sitting in reserve for ambush shenanigans if things start to go south or if you need to kill a priority target

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Michealmas said:

Probably not in the least bit viable but i toyed about with this for a while:

Leaders
- General
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
Necromancer (130)
Scarab Prince (80)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
- Ancient Spears
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
3 x Tomb Scorpions (240)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
- Unholy Lodestone

Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 169

Basic idea is to put a huge number of regenerating bodies on the table and then a few heroes to buff them. Tomb Scorpions and Scarab Prince sitting in reserve for ambush shenanigans if things start to go south or if you need to kill a priority target

Unfortunately I don't have access to any way t ok acquire tomb kings models