So what's next for Stormcast?

Indecisive

21 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Another thing I really want to see with Stormcast is to make the Primes more impactful. They are a unique aspect of the Stormcast army and they are drastically underutilized, usually just a unit champion that gets +1 to hit or +1 attack.

My first thought is that they should be allowed to use Command Abilities as if they were a HERO unit, similar to the Ossiarch Bonereapers.

My second thought was to give them all unique once per battle "edicts"

image.png.60cc4c2044f0229eabcb3c42380297fa.png

image.png.0c7a28b66954bc7b36f521e08516947d.png

image.png.880527a567b8b76d6cfdb07bee496383.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, baiardo said:

@PJetskiIntersting idea but there's no point to choose between hammers or swords if the stats are the same, what about protectors, 3+ 3+ -1 1dmg?

Hammer vs Sword can just be a cosmetic option. It's already mostly a cosmetic option now. You could still add some special rules that interact with specific weapons, like a specific chamber of the Celestial Vindicators gives swords +1 attack.

I just did those 3 units as an example, I didn't intend to do the whole battletome - I already rewrote the battletome in this thread last year

Edited by PJetski
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Hammer vs Sword can just be a cosmetic option. It's already mostly a cosmetic option now.

I just did those 3 units as an example, I didn't intend to do the whole battletome - I already rewrote the battletome in this thread last year

Well, you anticipated some of the last changes, our battletome should hit this summer?

Edit: wow good job I noticed only now the 2020 updates!

Edited by baiardo

i really dont want another chamber or sigmar model.. We got already to much models to balance out. I just want chambers to function more like chambers and heroes to give that chamber a solid buff. Making battalions playing into the chambers so we stick to a themed kind of listbuilding. Atleast if you want that. 

for me our vanguard auxilairy chamber is in a way a strong representation of how a chamber should function. It has its strong points and its weak points. They are with a few units with a lot of buffs to make them stronger then normal and they synergise pretty well. Every unit in that battalion feels like how that unit should be. Yes we can tweak that a bit better but its pretty close. If i read a novel and read about a vanguard auxilairy chamber sniping and hunting stuff and playing this battalion i feel like its pretty close.

Now when i play my warrior chamber dudes that feeling is on another universe.. Liberators, paladins and prosecutors totaly feeling wrong. A liberator should be able to hold its on against a lot of elites out there and a retributor should be like a tank to get down. A prosecutor should be hard to get down because of the speed and agility. These units should work together like brothers who fought countless wars because thats how sigmar made them. Veterans and powerfull characters forged into sigmarite. Characters like a lord celestant should feel really strong. In my head they should feel 200 points of strong leaders.

I want my force to be small like in warcry and underworlds. I want my force to be outnumberd because if i want numbers i get some allies in. I want my opponent to think twice about charging into a 10 men paladin unit because he knows he needs to bring his elites to grind them down. Right now they die to everything that looks at them. I want a unit of stormcast eternals on an objective feel like they are in control instead of getting outnumberd by 6 puny humans. 

I dont want OP stuff but i want stronger then average stuff with the cost of higher points and mayb forcing a bit more into synergies overlapping to make the best out of these units. 

+ i feel like the new Lumineth got a lot of stuff that i would love on my stormcast.. Im a bit jealous about some of the rules i read. I think some rules would be a perfect fit for some of our own units.. 

i dont want a sigmar model because that would make our stormcast kind of pointless. We got his avatar the prime and his army the stormcast no need for this godmen to go to battle again.. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

How many points would you pay for a squad of 3 Prosecutors if their warscroll looked like this?

image.png.a0ee8bf7368b93fff0567fc803947a8f.png

With paired celestial hammers you could have 5 attacks per model on the charge, (with 6 on the prime).

this is more like it already because of that once per battle ability. i feel like EEL level of points would be solid atleast..
this unit should be glass canon for sure..

Edited by Juicy

43 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Let's hope whatever is next doesn't look like this :D

the dual weapon is a cool idea, but yet another Hammers hero with a lackluster skill? blech.

37 minutes ago, PJetski said:

How many points would you pay for a squad of 3 Prosecutors if their warscroll looked like this?

30-50 points more than what they are now probably? I'd love a unit of javelin prosecutors, but tbh the 74USD is a bigger problem

• Haha 1

Blades should be rendier, hammers should be damagier.  Seems like the opposite.  I would ask for a more sensible and decent battalion assortment, especially a Dracoth themed one perhaps like the Hammerhalian Lancers have.  Stardrake or Drakesworn Templar + 2-3 units of Dracothian Guard=AWESOME!  I really like their heavy cavalry models so a full zoo of them would please me greatly.

• Like 1