Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

9 hours ago, Gutlord said:

Nice one dude, a forest themed army of gargants would look awesome. I'm gonna be using one of my megas in my mawtribes and ironjawz lists as well as creating a 2000 point SOB army. Cant wait to see what's in the battletome.....wonder if we'll get any cheeky last minute new releases before it goes to pre order?.....I know we have our points in the GHB 2020 but those FAQs on warhammer community are changing all the time

Mate I'd love nothing more than a suprise second kit, a Leader. Able to be built as a Generic Tribe Leader or as King Brodd himself!! If not then I'd say when (in 2-4) years we get a 3.0 Battletome it would be almost madness to not include one then.

Mate that sounds awesome, are you going to convert him at all for the Ironjawz? 

4 hours ago, Riavan said:

Yeah I'm going swampy gargants so I can use them with my Nurgle dudes on the side. 

Fantastic idea mate, love to see one covered in Nurglings!! Theyd be pimple sized to the big lads.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I'd love nothing more than a suprise second kit, a Leader. Able to be built as a Generic Tribe Leader or as King Brodd himself!! If not then I'd say when (in 2-4) years we get a 3.0 Battletome it would be almost madness to not include one then.

Mate that sounds awesome, are you going to convert him at all for the Ironjawz? 

Fantastic idea mate, love to see one covered in Nurglings!! Theyd be pimple sized to the big lads.

My plan is to do a mawtribes one with light armor and lots of gory trophies, perhaps carrying a cauldron and lots of maw shaped brands burned into his skin. (Probably use gatebreaker as a base for this one)

The next one will be ironjawz themed with beaten heavy armor strapped or nailed to his body.....might have to step out of my comfort zone and make my first 40k purchase for the armor plates. (This will be the warstompa)

Then I'll have two megas and I'll fill the rest of the list with battle line mancrushers.

And of course if king brodd or a tribal leader is reliesed then that becomes the general.

Edited by Gutlord
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

My plan is to do a mawtribes one with light armor and lots of gory trophies, perhaps carrying a cauldron and lots of maw shaped brands burned into his skin. (Probably use gatebreaker as a base for this one)

The next one will be ironjawz themed with beaten heavy armor strapped or nailed to his body.....might have to step out of my comfort zone and make my first 40k purchase for the armor plates. (This will be the warstompa)

Then I'll have two megas and I'll fill the rest of the list with battle line mancrushers.

And of course if king brogg or a tribal leader is reliesed then that becomes the general.

Mate you could even attach a Maw Pot to the end of the Gatebreakers flail!!

• LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hahaha if anyone should be a master of slaughter it should be a Mega Gargant!!

Deffo mate, speaking of which, now we know the points value of these big boys do we have any guesses of how there warscrolls will look?

Using the one I think will have the least abilities (warstompa) I'd say we have to be looking at least 18 wounds, main weapon doing 4 attacks 3s and 3s minus 3 rend 3 damage a piece. Bravery 8? Movement 10 possibly. I'm not expecting a great armor save....prob 4+ if we're lucky

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gutlord said:

Deffo mate, speaking of which, now we know the points value of these big boys do we have any guesses of how there warscrolls will look?

Using the one I think will have the least abilities (warstompa) I'd say we have to be looking at least 18 wounds, main weapon doing 4 attacks 3s and 3s minus 3 rend 3 damage a piece. Bravery 8? Movement 10 possibly. I'm not expecting a great armor save....prob 4+ if we're lucky

I completely agree mate. 

On 8/1/2020 at 10:00 PM, Gutlord said:

I'd be surprised if they have allot of -3 rend or 4+ saves. 

My guess

20-25ish wounds, 5+ save and maybe an after save.  10-12 move (starting).  6 4+/3+ rend -1 attacks, d6 damage.

1 hour ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I'd be surprised if they have allot of -3 rend or 4+ saves. 

My guess

20-25ish wounds, 5+ save and maybe an after save.  10-12 move (starting).  6 4+/3+ rend -1 attacks, d6 damage.

Hi All,

Remember these are each 25% of your army.

In my opinion, they will have to be significantly better than that to see any play.

I would expect them to be able to kill a 30 wound unit with a 4+ save and no after save on an average roll. (and assuming top profile) and they will also need to be able to survive a round or two in combat. I would put them in them in the ballpark of 30 wounds with a or 5+ save or 25 wounds with a 4+ save. Hopefully they'll also have a mechanic with a built in -1 to wound them so they might live through 1 round of fighting.

This is pure speculation but, GW will need rules to make sure everyone wants to buy the kit. Especially, since everyone can use one.

3 minutes ago, Mebig said:

Hi All,

Remember these are each 25% of your army.

In my opinion, they will have to be significantly better than that to see any play.

I would expect them to be able to kill a 30 wound unit with a 4+ save and no after save on an average roll. (and assuming top profile) and they will also need to be able to survive a round or two in combat. I would put them in them in the ballpark of 30 wounds with a or 5+ save or 25 wounds with a 4+ save. Hopefully they'll also have a mechanic with a built in -1 to wound them so they might live through 1 round of fighting.

This is pure speculation but, GW will need rules to make sure everyone wants to buy the kit. Especially, since everyone can use one.

I definitely hope they will have an after save or - to wound to up the survivability just trying to temper my expectations.  

Attacks wise I was definately a bit miserly, but I do think it'll be more attacks rather than more rend.  But that's pure guess work.

I just hope they have decent alligence abilities, so their is some motivation to have a pure force.  Not some Gloomspite Gitz "+1 to hit if it's a Thursday afternoon and your opponent has a ponytail' nonsense.

5 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I definitely hope they will have an after save or - to wound to up the survivability just trying to temper my expectations.  

Attacks wise I was definately a bit miserly, but I do think it'll be more attacks rather than more rend.  But that's pure guess work.

I just hope they have decent alligence abilities, so their is some motivation to have a pure force.  Not some Gloomspite Gitz "+1 to hit if it's a Thursday afternoon and your opponent has a ponytail' nonsense.

Oh god, I wholeheartedly agree that it would be a travesty if they got the gits treatment. (the poor gobos didn't deserve it)

Maybe, their allegiance ability will be the thing that increases their resilience. That way they could be powerhouses for whomever brings them but, have good reason to go all chonky boys. 

On 8/3/2020 at 2:32 PM, Magnus The Blue said:

We'll definitely need something built in to help with objectives, which I imagine will be alligence related, but hopefull we'll get some cool sub-factions too in order to provide variety.

I imagine our mancrushers will count as 5 or 6 models......megas probably about 12 to 15 for the purpose of holding objectives? (With such a low model count throughout the army i cant see how else they could do it)

With regards to sub-factions, I'm thinking there'll be 3.....each one suiting whichever mega gargant you have as your general

Well lads its confirmed that we wont be getting the Sons until after the Lumineth. Wether that means September itself? I doubt it as they wouldnt want to release 2 brand new Factions in 1 month. So unfortunately it looks like we're dropping in either October or November.

The annoying thing is, somewhere in a warehouse theres a mega gargant on his sprue, in a massive box, just waiting for us to build him, paint him and use him to squash teclis, slap archaon and heatbutt nagash in his nose (dose nagash have a nose 🤔). So if we all meet up at midnight, put our black GW t-shirts on, bring sausages so get past the dobermans and bring our "lock picking for dummies" books with us we may have a chance of getting one of these awesome models before 2021........who's with me? 🤪

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

The annoying thing is, somewhere in a warehouse theres a mega gargant on his sprue, in a massive box, just waiting for us to build him, paint him and use him to squash teclis, slap archaon and heatbutt nagash in his nose (dose nagash have a nose 🤔). So if we all meet up at midnight, put our black GW t-shirts on, bring sausages so get past the dobermans and bring our "lock picking for dummies" books with us we may have a chance of getting one of these awesome models before 2021........who's with me? 🤪

Hahaha mate good plan!! It is annoying to think that we could have had the big lads 3 months ago.

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hahaha mate good plan!! It is annoying to think that we could have had the big lads 3 months ago.

I know mate we're all having our patience tested........just imagine what this community thread is going to be like when we do get our hands on them ( you have 325 unread messages from the grand alliance community) heh heh

• Haha 1