Scourgerunner Chariot, the most OP unit in the game?

Maddpainting

Got my Anvilgard start collecting boxes in...Its been mentioned but I just didn't realize how big their base is.  The thing is the same bloody base as the Stonehorn, 120mm oval. I the footprint of a unit of 3 is massive, possibly the biggest per point spent in the game. It makes me want to run a bunch even more for the lolz.

3 hours ago, Forrix said:

Got my Anvilgard start collecting boxes in...Its been mentioned but I just didn't realize how big their base is.  The thing is the same bloody base as the Stonehorn, 120mm oval. I the footprint of a unit of 3 is massive, possibly the biggest per point spent in the game. It makes me want to run a bunch even more for the lolz.

Use those guys for dual roles.  Shooting and blocking movement.

• Like 1

I played against 12 last night.  We had two patches of Overgrown terrain that hampered them a bit.  We had a close game that I lost.  Came down to a couple rolls.  Played Focal points and the ability to zip around to objectives certainly helped.

Edited by Deadkitten
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 9:41 PM, Deadkitten said:

I played against 12 last night.  We had two patches of Overgrown terrain that hampered them a bit.  We had a close game that I lost.  Came down to a couple rolls.  Played Focal points and the ability to zip around to objectives certainly helped.

Was it a 2k list? I'm 2k vs 1k will be crazy different, as in 2k you have to being some on from reserves so you dont get the TE buffs, but in 1k you can (I mean more than 12 of them in 2k)

9 hours ago, dekay said:

Wouldn't be hard to get a lot of cheaper, 3rd party chariots and supply them with elf crew, though. Way more viable economically ; )

I will order 3rd party, but only for resin/finecrap stuff, I am fully boycotting that ******. but GW plastics i'll buy, i also get a nice discount and my local is 24/7 so it doesn't bother me to support the business at all. I'd rather the lights stay on than go to the official GW store that has 2 tables and closes early.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:11 PM, Maddpainting said:

Was it a 2k list? I'm 2k vs 1k will be crazy different, as in 2k you have to being some on from reserves so you dont get the TE buffs, but in 1k you can (I mean more than 12 of them in 2k)

2K list.  

Opp ran CoS Hammerhall:  Stardrake, Luminarch, sorceress, cogsmith, chariots, 40 dreadspears and 10 random shooters.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Maddpainting said:

So, i ordered 15 scourgerunners, 2 Hurricanum's and 40 (4x10) Shadow warriors.

I am rushing to put it all together and at least base paint them will post pics in a few days.

I salute your insanity. Will you be posting progress from putting it all together?

12 hours ago, dekay said:

I salute your insanity. Will you be posting progress from putting it all together?

Here is a quick pic, my goal is to get the bases primed, bases, and the chariots glued to them, the horses will be on later. The silver will be washed with Cygor Brown to make them bronze. There are 2 chariots missing in this pic, 1 is being tested with the Cygor (looks good) but drying and the other.. is glued to the base, i need to cut it off now b.c i need to paint they in pieces.

The 2 Hurricanum's will be done by tomorrow (put together) they are fully magnetized to be both versions (Hurricanum and Luminark) and with a mage or not.

kVvPFjc.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

So... i forgot about the flags lol, cutting them out and getting them ready right now while the chariots are drying to the bases.

My process idea to make it quick and easy was;

Cut everything out and trim
Glue Horses together, prime black
Glue chariots together, prime black with zenithal highlight silver
Glue riders together, prime black with zenithal highlight white
Spray seal everything once
Complete bases fully
Glue chariots to bases
Paint chariots and Flags (each unit different color, Lead will have a symbol on the flag)
Paint riders, then glue to chariots
Paint horses, then glue to chariot
Spray seal everything last time

By doing it that way i can get the full army done in a week, i didn't get to do much today at all (only the bases) b.c my Heat pump went out and had to deal with that. I'm hoping tomorrow i can have pictures up of all the chariots on the bases and paint.

I'll also have some Shadow warriors posted tomorrow too.

Here is my list for now (Spells/relics are up in the air).

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Tempest's Eye

LEADERS
Black Ark Fleetmaster (60)
     - Genera
     - Command Trait : Hawk-eyed
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280)
     - Artefact : Seerstone Amulet
Battlemage (90)
     - City Role : General's Adjutant

UNITS
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
     - Swords and Shields
     - City Role : Honoured Retinue
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (150) - Red flags
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (150) - Blue flags
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (150) - Purple flags
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (150) - Green flags
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (150) - Orange flags

TOTAL: 1980/2000
WOUNDS: 172

Edited by Maddpainting

15 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

So... i forgot about the flags lol, cutting them out and getting them ready right now while the chariots are drying to the bases.

My process idea to make it quick and easy was;

Cut everything out and trim
Glue Horses together, prime black
Glue chariots together, prime black with zenithal highlight silver
Glue riders together, prime black with zenithal highlight white
Spray seal everything once
Complete bases fully
Glue chariots to bases
Paint chariots and Flags (each unit different color, Lead will have a symbol on the flag)
Paint riders, then glue to chariots
Paint horses, then glue to chariot
Spray seal everything last time

By doing it that way i can get the full army done in a week, i didn't get to do much today at all (only the bases) b.c my Heat pump went out and had to deal with that. I'm hoping tomorrow i can have pictures up of all the chariots on the bases and paint.

I'll also have some Shadow warriors posted tomorrow too.

Here is my list for now (Spells/relics are up in the air).

The shooting from your list is incredible. 

Have you practiced much with deployment? You have 17 large bases to deploy plus a smattering of smaller ones.

I have done a few  practice games with the bases, its really hard lol. Thats why i went 2 Hurricanum's, to get more buffs out easier and so i can split them up, its also why i want a Adjutant so i can hopefully get 2 more CPs over a few turns, there is a CP to run and shoot, and being TE i can spread out more turn 1, use 1-2 CP to run and shoot, with +3" movement turn 1 and +1" run, then D6", i can put 1 or 2 units way out of the way.

I first had 21 Scourgerunners as well, but there was NO WAY to fit them unless i took the Living city and brought them in later, but instead i decided to take 40 Shadow Warriors, they work great in TE and are also good at shooting, +1 to hit/wound if in cover (3+/2+/-1/1D) if i DS them into cover turn 1 they are 3+ saves. In a test game i was able to do this with 2 units.

I still do like Living City for them, and it played well, having the ability to move in the shooting phase is also really strong, so i set up 2 units off the table, move my units, bring them on and spend 2CP to move them again to get in range of shooting. But i just like TE better. The +1 to saves and +3" movement turn 1 helped me a lot actually.

Edited by Maddpainting
  • Like 1

They are really good and will ruin many people's days, but certanly not OP. They don't have that good threat range, they will always get dictated if they go first or second, once you get that one "Gotcha!" game on your opponent they will bring counters.  Also even though the math looks good, you won't be able to concentrate it first turn, nor you will be able to reach with every chariot first turn. 

Now this list looks much, much better. I'd like to hear how your games go and wish you happy painting all that.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:36 AM, Maddpainting said:

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Tempest's Eye

LEADERS
Black Ark Fleetmaster (60)
     - Genera
     - Command Trait : Hawk-eyed
     - Artefact : Seerstone Amulet
Battlemage (90)
     - City Role : General's Adjutant

UNITS
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
     - Swords and Shields
     - City Role : Honoured Retinue
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (150) - Red flags
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (150) - Blue flags