Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Primes

Skyborne Slayers - The Thread

Recommended Posts

So... I went with List 1 in the end and went 3-2, including playing Changehost twice!

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Lord-Castellant (120)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
Lord-Celestant (100)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Divine Light
Battlemage (90)
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Liberators (520)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 1x Thunderbolt Crossbows

Units
5 x Decimators (180)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
5 x Protectors (180)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
10 x Arkanaut Company (90)
- Allies

Battalions
Skyborne Slayers (190)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 180 / 400
Wounds: 151

 

Game 1 was Scorched Earth in Chamon vs Big Waaaaagh, and it was a hell of a game to start with. Ended up getting a major win 21-20!

Highlight for me was one shotting his mawcrusha with the Celestant!

89359509_game1.jpg.7d20da844b248ef1bebed66d19cb50f8.jpg

 

Game 2 was Relocation Orb vs Ravagers Slaves to Darkness in Ghur. I'd never played in ghur before!

He took quite a varied list, including a Khorne Daemon Prince, which I was quite worried about as it could turn my 5" charges into 10 " charges.
As it turned out, I out dropped him and went second, then proceeded to win all the turn priorities and kept going second, scoring 3 pt's per turn. As I won the 4th priority he could no longer catch up, so we called it there. Major Win! (Although I forgot to take any pics)

Game 3, and it was Changehost time! Battle for the Pass in Ulgu.

Host Duplicitous, 1 drop, you all know the score... Started my Liberator phalanx on the board to deny him my objective, but then they were pinned there all game as I FORGOT ABOUT BRIDGE OF SHADOWS!!!
Had some real bad rolls at clutch moments (so much so, that my opponent gave me some dice...). took a turn longer than it should have to kill his Keeper. Had most of my army left at the end (opponent got 200 kp...), but he'd outscored me a by a lot early on. Although Changehost is strong for sure, this was by no means unwinnable. It was the first time I'd ever played them, so with a little more practice and a little less bad luck, I reckon its 50/50!
Anyway... Major Loss :(!

78739312_game3a.jpg.2f2aa1a1645363a0754daba7ece8d86b.jpg1178980829_game3b.jpg.2a0886f2a2d08e0b3b198e13e9fcce83.jpg

 

Game 4 - Shifting Objectives in Aqshy vs Lords of the Lodge Hermdar Fyreslayers.

Lets get it out there - I lost. Playing catch up after turn 3, but it just went downhill. No idea what happened... I think my decision making faculties were still asleep in the hotel. I play against Hermdar almost every week dammit! It's the main reason I have a Divine Light Relictor in the list. Eventually the lib blob was ground away, doing very little damage in return :( - Major Loss

1279059944_game4.jpg.b5a686f0c990e417baf96eb6a2c515d1.jpg

 

Game 5 - Focal Points in Ghyran... vs Changehost!

I had a bit more of an idea of what the army could do this time. My set up was a little better, as was my rolling. Mostly. Obviously it whiffed  when starsoul macing/sword of judgementing his keeper in the face, leaving it on 3 wounds. However, the situation was saved by the Malevolent Maelstrom on it's only successful cast of the weekend. The death of an exalted flamer plus a unit of flamers giving it +2 on it's explodes roll, it duly did in a 7" radius, inflicting the final 3 mortals on the keeper (and killing a decimator and a liberator, but we wont mention that...) 10 points well spent.

The next 4 turns were spent essentially mopping up his units. Major Victory!

637546148_game5.jpg.cac33c823aa36f9c3dbf395226215e5b.jpg

 

All in all a great weekend. 5 great opponents. Two things I took away - 1 I need to practice more, and against more varied opponents. And 2 - pay attention to the hidden agenda's dammit!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

So, what's the consensus on the judicators from the Warscroll. Longbows ? Arbalests ? How many of them ?

In Slayers? I ran 5 of each.
Crossbows for clearing screening chaff, and Skybolt's in case I wanted to start them on the board and the could contribute from further away. 
Although if I had the models, I would consider 2x 5 Crossbows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Crossbows for clearing screening chaff, and Skybolt's in case I wanted to start them on the board and the could contribute from further away.

Why would  you start with them onboard ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Why would  you start with them onboard ?

If I have other Heroes in my list outside of the battalion, that I may want to deploy with Scions.

Or maybe I want to (try to) keep deep striking enemy units away from an objective. Basically using 5 Libs and 5 Judicators for board control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AdamR said:

If I have other Heroes in my list outside of the battalion, that I may want to deploy with Scions.

Or maybe I want to (try to) keep deep striking enemy units away from an objective. Basically using 5 Libs and 5 Judicators for board control.

Oh yeah, I usually use aetherwings for that :). I find crossbows juds so valuable that I always keep them in reserve. I take the libs on board sometimes though.
Aetherwings have usually been my MVPs. Skyborne slayers is about surgical precision, but once you're done, you're stuck where you are (depends on the format though, you coukd have a traslocation priest). That's where aetherwings come in play with their 12" fly move ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally picked up my boys from the studio, can't wait to play them soonish :)

 

89706581_2529876027224506_940628134523305984_o.jpg

  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the sword of judgement is gone with ghb2020 do we feel its still worth to run this battalion? I did play this battalion for 1 year super intensive against every list i could. But the lord celestant on foot with maxed out commandpoints was my to go hero killer. Used him against katakros, stardrakes and mawcrushas. And then the rest of the pretty average warrscrollls of the battalion trying to deal with the rest. Im not sure i can keep running this without the hero/monsterkiller. What are we hoping for the slayers in ghb2020?  
 

i expected judicators to finely drop in points but not sure about other stuff right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, Juicy said:

If the sword of judgement is gone with ghb2020 do we feel its still worth to run this battalion?

In one word like in 100 : Nope

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Maturin said:

In one word like in 100 : Nope

 

I would say the sum of all changes will determine it’s future playability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

I would say the sum of all changes will determine it’s future playability. 

Unless paladins become 140 points, I don't see how it could be still playable. SoJ was the real powerhouse in the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Unless paladins become 140 points, I don't see how it could be still playable. SoJ was the real powerhouse in the list.

I cant agree more. With the judgement sword gone we miss a hero/monster killer. And protectors are a lot but not monster killers. That ability has never worked for me in so many matches i forget the number. I did try it with 10 and 15 and the starsoul maces are doing oke but the 6 to hit hardly passes the wound and armour save roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I cant agree more. With the judgement sword gone we miss a hero/monster killer. And protectors are a lot but not monster killers. That ability has never worked for me in so many matches i forget the number. I did try it with 10 and 15 and the starsoul maces are doing oke but the 6 to hit hardly passes the wound and armour save roll.

You're right. Even at 140 points they're still toi expensive xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord celestant -100

Lord relictor – 100

Lord castellant-120

Knight vexillor- 110

30 x Liberators – 480

5x Liberators – 90

5x Judicators – 140

5x Judicators – 140

10x Protectors – 340

5x Decimator – 170

Skyborne slayers -190

Total 1980

 

Im going to run this for fun and see if i can make 3-2 at the next tournament

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 11/11/2019 at 9:37 PM, Primes said:

With the possibility of dedicated discussions on everything stormcast I would like to start discussing one, if not the only, more or less viable low-drop Lists for Stormcast: The Skyborne Slayers.

At bare minimum it consists of:

 

Just to update the opening post that it is now (edited)1080 points instead of 1170 points minimum. Not bad, but not great either.

Lord-Celestant -100

5 x Liberators – 90

5 x Liberators – 90

5 x Judicators – 140

5 x Judicators – 140

5 x Protectors – 170

5 x Decimator – 170

Skyborne slayers -180 (edited)

 

Edited by Evantas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Evantas said:

Just to update the opening post that it is now 1090 points instead of 1170 points minimum. Not bad, but not great either.

Lord-Celestant -100

5 x Liberators – 90

5 x Liberators – 90

5 x Judicators – 140

5 x Judicators – 140

5 x Protectors – 170

5 x Decimator – 170

Skyborne slayers -190

 

The battalion also went down 10pts, so it's 1080 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, my Slayers list just went down by 110pts. But without the Sword of Judgement... echhh...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know for sure that the battalion dropped 10 points? Cant seem to find that any where just yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Juicy said:

We know for sure that the battalion dropped 10 points? Cant seem to find that any where just yet

There's heaps of French leaks all over Twitter, Facebook and Reddit. 180pts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Roark said:

Yeah, my Slayers list just went down by 110pts. But without the Sword of Judgement... echhh...

Fit in a Knight Venator w/ Luckstone?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i do think there is something for us here. Mayb just mayb if we enter the long range mortal wound meta. Skyborne slayers are decent against that. I havent lost a match vs a shooting army so far with it. Most of the times i was just ahead on objectives. We can stay in the sky for a long time and if there is no decent screening we can do some damage. Its not meta breaking but i see some thing to be said for the slayers here. Hope 1 of the realms fit us well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Last few games im playtesting my  "new" skyborne slayers list for tournament play. Last 100 player tournament in Belgium i went place 32. Could easy be going 4-1 but lost unlucky on a run move to grab the last objective. On 17-18 October there is an 100 player tournament in Germany. Im going to take my Belgium list updated to the new points.

So far ive tested it against a few strong lists against players who i play al the time. Starhost is my opponent next game on friday. So far i did good and made no errors playing. This list is shown below. 

For the new battleplans i feel its nice to have an teleporting lord relictor and some more battleline body's thats why i updated the liberators. 

 

 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals - Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

LEADERS Lord-Celestant (100) - General - Command Trait : Single-minded Fury - Artefact : Stormrage Blade

Lord-Relictor (100) - Artefact : Mirrorshield - Prayer : Translocation

Celestant-Prime (300)

UNITS

10 x Liberators (180) - Warhammer & Shield - 2 x Grandhammers

10 x Liberators (180) - Warhammer & Shield - 2 x Grandhammers

5 x Judicators (140) - Boltstorm Crossbows - 1 x Thunderbolt Crossbows

5 x Judicators (140) - Boltstorm Crossbows - 1 x Thunderbolt Crossbows

10 x Protectors (340) - 4 x Starsoul Maces

10 x Decimators (340) - 4 x Starsoul Maces

BATTALIONS Skyborne Slayers (180)

Edited by Juicy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2020 at 12:34 PM, Juicy said:

Last few games im playtesting my  "new" skyborne slayers list for tournament play. Last 100 player tournament in Belgium i went place 32. Could easy be going 4-1 but lost unlucky on a run move to grab the last objective. On 17-18 October there is an 100 player tournament in Germany. Im going to take my Belgium list updated to the new points.

So far ive tested it against a few strong lists against players who i play al the time. Starhost is my opponent next game on friday. So far i did good and made no errors playing. This list is shown below. 

For the new battleplans i feel its nice to have an teleporting lord relictor and some more battleline body's thats why i updated the liberators. 

 

 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals - Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

LEADERS Lord-Celestant (100) - General - Command Trait : Single-minded Fury - Artefact : Stormrage Blade

Lord-Relictor (100) - Artefact : Mirrorshield - Prayer : Translocation

Celestant-Prime (300)

UNITS

10 x Liberators (180) - Warhammer & Shield - 2 x Grandhammers

10 x Liberators (180) - Warhammer & Shield - 2 x Grandhammers

5 x Judicators (140) - Boltstorm Crossbows - 1 x Thunderbolt Crossbows

5 x Judicators (140) - Boltstorm Crossbows - 1 x Thunderbolt Crossbows

10 x Protectors (340) - 4 x Starsoul Maces

10 x Decimators (340) - 4 x Starsoul Maces

BATTALIONS Skyborne Slayers (180)

What is the games plan here? Drop 20 paladins on face?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nizrah said:

What is the games plan here? Drop 20 paladins on face?

The way it works for me is dropping the lord celestant and 2x10 paladins on a target they can kill. While the liberators shieldwall protects them from counter charges. I use my 2x5 juds to soften up units that are anoying or hard to deal with. I sometimes only use the 10 protectors and the lord celestant to hammer an unit and the rest to stall the enemy of objectives. The prime is there for the turn 2/3 hammer blow against stuff i need gone. Like support characters or an lord kroak. Doesnt always work cause like the gav bomb people know what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys with experience, can I check, if I were to drop the Decimators onto MSU objective holders like skinks or ghouls, is 5 usually good enough to clear the objective? Not keen to drop 10 and be stuck there forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Evantas said:

Guys with experience, can I check, if I were to drop the Decimators onto MSU objective holders like skinks or ghouls, is 5 usually good enough to clear the objective? Not keen to drop 10 and be stuck there forever. 

I would say yes with low armour type of units. But against 10 mortek guard or 10 guys with a 4 up save its no where near enough. Decimators are great on paper but lack damage on the job. They only doing really well against 6+ armour save dudes on small bases. There isnt a lot of those in this meta to be honest. And the few that are out there you wanna hit hard because they going to hit like a glass cannon on you aswel;) The main damage still come from the starsoul maces from my experience.  I used to run skyborne with 5 decimators but i feel like 10 are doing a decent job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...