Shadespire warbands no longer available online.

Jackman

That's actually a bit of a shocker. Unless GW is going to release a combined card pack? Part of Underworlds attraction was surely building up to having each race having their own warband through the ages to play with. So hopefully we see the warbands re-released in some form! 

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

That's actually a bit of a shocker. Unless GW is going to release a combined card pack? Part of Underworlds attraction was surely building up to having each race having their own warband through the ages to play with. So hopefully we see the warbands re-released in some form! 

So it's a two year product.

That's a disappointment.

Still might buy some for the models, but I'm not going into it any further.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Overread said:

It might be reboxing for the cards. GW could keep the unit cards but remove the universal cards from the sets - esp if they are going to rotate those cards out of the game.

Ah, that is an option I did not think about.

Two year warband rotation sounds too fast, and they were falling behind a bit.

Copy pasted from Reddit:

The 6 Shadespire Warbands (Sepulchral Guard, Chosen Axes, Ironskull’s Boyz, Magore’s Fiends, Farstriders, Spiteclaw’s Swarm) are no longer available to order.

Some of your customers may have questions about what this means for their existing decks, warbands, and games. We will soon be publishing a Warhammer Community article about the future for Warhammer Underworlds. For now, be assured that all current warbands will be playable in Beastgrave!

Source: Email to retailers from GW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

What do you mean by that? Cards are physical, and so are models.

I mean that several other miniature game companies have apps that cover all the unit stats and cards, without a need to print physical copies (although they often offer those as well).

GW does this already with AoS, but not with its other games.

24 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

I mean that several other miniature game companies have apps that cover all the unit stats and cards, without a need to print physical copies (although they often offer those as well).

GW does this already with AoS, but not with its other games.

Ah, yes. That would be an option for unit cards. For the decks, not so much.

15 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Copy pasted from Reddit:

The 6 Shadespire Warbands (Sepulchral Guard, Chosen Axes, Ironskull’s Boyz, Magore’s Fiends, Farstriders, Spiteclaw’s Swarm) are no longer available to order.

Some of your customers may have questions about what this means for their existing decks, warbands, and games. We will soon be publishing a Warhammer Community article about the future for Warhammer Underworlds. For now, be assured that all current warbands will be playable in Beastgrave!

Source: Email to retailers from GW.

'For now' and 'current warbands' is very specific wording.  Looks like others have speculated they dont want to keep 3+ seasons of warbands running at the same time.  Expect for competitive play card ranges will be restricted. Doesnt affect me as just play with friends, but we all know how competitive rules drop into casual play against new people.

The sky is not falling.

There's been calls for universal card rotation for quite some time due to the limitation on design space and the cost of entry for the game.

If this is happening, there would be zero point in selling the current expansion packs and there will be some kind of season 1 warband pack without universals or something like echoes of glory.

Season 1 universal rotation is good for the health of the game. Although in the announcement the beastgrave neutral gambit is a reprint of pit trap, so expect some reprints, but its freed up a fair bit of design space which is excellent for meta freshness.

Let's see how they make season 1 war bands available again. It's probably too much to hope for reprinted fighter/faction cards.

I'm not sorry to see ready for action, escalation, superior tactician go.

I do think control play will be very solid in the new meta due to the lack of speed cards for aggro - spectral wings, hidden paths etc are gone.

I find it odd they are not going to carry on selling season 1 warbands. A reboxing removing the universals wouldn't be that difficult. Could be to free up shelf space but they could just make them online only. I suppose this way is the best way they can try to retire them, if they stop selling them, over time less and less people will use them and with no stat card update they will become weaker so they aren't used. 

Anyway I'm calling it a day for buying more underworlds. Have no issue with card rotation. I own everything and it is enough for me and the people I play with. I was already heading this way before Beastgrave was announced, and Beastgrave looks underwhelming to me, so it's made the descion a lot easier. If a new warband turns up I like I'll buy it, but not use the universals. 

• Like 1