AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

13 hours ago, That Guy said:

Good day to you dear bone people!

I just stepped into the OBR with Horrek’s Dreadlance as my first box and I am planning to buy the battleforce box. Now i’m looking for some advice on the faction. Should i make the Immortis guard or Stalkers? When it comes to loadouts friends told me to always go for blades. On the big abbomination monster the bludgeons for mortal output. I do love the look of the 2 mortarchs and out of the legions, i really like the Petrifex, Praetorians or Ivory host, although the ivory host has some strange negatives to it. For a bigger army would you advice any of the mortarchs? I know Nagash is popular, but i think i like the idea of a bigger army a bit more. Looking forward to all your suggestions! Thank you.

Howdy, a few weeks back I also picked up the Horrek's Dreadlance box! My post and questions I asked should be on this last page since you have some similar questions to me. 

Stalkers have a better defined role in the army and more potential synergy than the Guard, IMO. With the former's ability to change stances towards one that gives +1 rend, +1 damage on all attacks, Stalkers are a premiere melee damage dealer for the army, on average doing 10.41 damage on a 4+ save. Their command ability let's them reroll run and charge rolls, so if you run them in Stalliarch Lords (gives you run and charge), these guys can mulch in combat. Guard on the other hand have a command ability that buffs the damage output of their shields and are a 12 wound meat shield for your foot Mortisans at 190 points. 

On the point of the Mortarchs, Arkhan the Black IMO is pretty viable if you don't want to take Nagash. He's a hero monster with a good move, bonuses to cast, triple cast wizard, access to all spells in the OBR lore. He can be shot down by a volley of Lumineth Sentinels but honestly all non-god characters get shot down right now. 

Edited by PrussianWarfare

7 hours ago, PrussianWarfare said:

Howdy, a few weeks back I also picked up the Horrek's Dreadlance box! My post and questions I asked should be on this last page since you have some similar questions to me. 

Stalkers have a better defined role in the army and more potential synergy than the Guard, IMO. With the former's ability to change stances towards one that gives +1 rend, +1 damage on all attacks, Stalkers are a premiere melee damage dealer for the army, on average doing 10.41 damage on a 4+ save. Their command ability let's them reroll run and charge rolls, so if you run them in Stalliarch Lords (gives you run and charge), these guys can mulch in combat. Guard on the other hand have a command ability that buffs the damage output of their shields and are a 12 wound meat shield for your foot Mortisans at 190 points. 

On the point of the Mortarchs, Arkhan the Black IMO is pretty viable if you don't want to take Nagash. He's a hero monster with a good move, bonuses to cast, triple cast wizard, access to all spells in the OBR lore. He can be shot down by a volley of Lumineth Sentinels but honestly all non-god characters get shot down right now. 

I see, thank you for the feedback! I also read the previous pages and the opinions on things are pretty clear.
I made a few lists myself and I find myself shift out the Stalkers for the Immortis, the moment I add a Mortarch to the list. It just feels right to have them protect someone like Arkhan, or even better Katakros. With Katakros they first have to get through Katakros his defense and afterwards 5/6th of the wounds gets passed to the Immortis Guard, which I think makes Katakros terrifying to deal with. What is the general opinion about including Falchions and Soulreaper Greatblades to Stalkers / Immortis? I don't see it being mentioned a lot. Are they just the worse options?

Few Lists I made: 
Added a few additional units that I will buy as well

1K Beginning Test list:

Spoiler

++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2021** 1,000 (Death - Ossiarch Bonereapers) [990pts] ++

+ Core Battalion +

Core Battalion: Battle Regiment

Core Battalion: Hunters of the Heartlands

+ Leader +

Mortisan Boneshaper [135pts]: Empower Nadirite Weapons, Battle Regiment - 1 Commander, General, Godbone Armour, Mighty Archaeossian

Mortisan Soulmason [140pts]: Mortal Contract, Battle Regiment - 0-2 Sub-Commander

+ Battleline +

Kavalos Deathriders [190pts]:
5 Kavalos Deathriders, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops, Nadirite Blade and Shield

Mortek Guard [140pts]:
10 Mortek Guard, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops, Nadirite Blade and Shield

Mortek Guard [140pts]:
10 Mortek Guard, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops, Nadirite Blade and Shield

+ Other +

Necropolis Stalkers [180pts]:
3 Necropolis Stalkers, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

+ Scenery +

Bone-Tithe Nexus

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: The Ossiarch Empire:
Legion: Petrifex Elite

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 1000 Points - Vanguard

Grand Strategy:
Hold the Line

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Horrorghast [65pts]

++ Total: [990pts] ++

2K Horrek + Battleforce List:

Spoiler

++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2021** 2,000 (Death - Ossiarch Bonereapers) [1,985pts] ++

+ Core Battalion +

Core Battalion: Command Entourage: Extra Enhancement: Artefacts of Power, Magnificent

+ Leader +

Liege-Kavalos [185pts]:
Battle Regiment - 1 Commander, General, Godbone Armour, Mighty Archaeossian

Mortisan Boneshaper [135pts]: Drain Vitality, Command Entourage - 1 Commander

Mortisan Soulmason [140pts]: Gothizzar Cartouche, Empower Nadirite Weapons, Command Entourage - 2-3 Sub-Commanders

Mortisan Soulreaper [115pts]: Mortal Contract, Command Entourage - 2-3 Sub-Commanders

+ Behemoth +

Gothizzar Harvester [215pts]: Soulcrusher Bludgeons

+ Battleline +

Mortek Guard [140pts]:

Mortek Guard [280pts]:
20 Mortek Guard, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops, Nadirite Blade and Shield, Reinforced

+ Other +

Necropolis Stalkers [180pts]:
3 Necropolis Stalkers, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops

+ Artillery +

Mortek Crawler [215pts]: Battle Regiment - 0-1 Monster or Artillery

+ Scenery +

Bone-Tithe Nexus

+ Allegiance +

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Grand Strategy: Hold the Line

++ Total: [1,985pts] ++

2K Arkhan List:

Spoiler

++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2021** 2,000 (Death - Ossiarch Bonereapers) [1,995pts] ++

+ Core Battalion +

Core Battalion: Command Entourage: Extra Enhancement: Artefacts of Power, Magnificent

+ Leader +

Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament [360pts]: Arcane Command, Empower Nadirite Weapons, Protection of Nagash, Reinforce Battle-shields, Drain Vitality,  Mortal Contract, Battle Regiment - 1 Commander

Liege-Kavalos [185pts]: Command Entourage - 1 Commander, General, Godbone Armour, Mighty Archaeossian

Mortisan Boneshaper [135pts]: Drain Vitality, Command Entourage - 2-3 Sub-Commanders

Mortisan Soulmason [140pts]: Gothizzar Cartouche, 2. Empower Nadirite Weapons, Command Entourage - 2-3 Sub-Commanders

+ Behemoth +

Gothizzar Harvester [215pts]: Battle Regiment - 0-1 Monster or Artillery, Soulcrusher Bludgeons

+ Battleline +

Mortek Guard [280pts]: 
20 Mortek Guard, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops, Nadirite Blade and Shield, Reinforced

Mortek Guard [140pts]:

Mortek Guard [140pts]:

+ Other +

Immortis Guard [190pts]:
3 Immortis Guard, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

+ Scenery +

Bone-Tithe Nexus

+ Allegiance +

+ Game Options +

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: The Burning Head [20pts]

++ Total: [1,995pts] ++

2K Arkhan + Katakros list. This one in particular has a crazy amount of healing. The Mortarchs together can heal over 21 wounds per turn an together with the Gothizzar You'll lose even less(perhaps a Crawler instead of the Gothizzar is better in place this time around? I do find the Praetorians Legion the better choice here because of including Katakros:

Spoiler

++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2021** 2,000 (Death - Ossiarch Bonereapers) [2,000pts] ++

+ Core Battalion +

+ Leader +

Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament [360pts]: Arcane Command, Empower Nadirite Weapons, Protection of Nagash, Reinforce Battle-shields, Drain Vitality, Mortal Contract, Battle Regiment - 1 Commander

Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis [470pts]

Mortisan Soulmason [140pts]: Empower Nadirite Weapons, Battle Regiment - 0-2 Sub-Commander, Artificer's Blade, General, Katakros' Chosen

+ Behemoth +

Gothizzar Harvester [215pts]: Battle Regiment - 0-1 Monster or Artillery, Soulcrusher Bludgeons

+ Battleline +

Mortek Guard [280pts]:
20 Mortek Guard, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops, Nadirite Blade and Shield, Reinforced

Mortek Guard [140pts]:

Mortek Guard [140pts]:
10 Mortek Guard, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops, Nadirite Blade and Shield

+ Other +

Immortis Guard [190pts]:
3 Immortis Guard, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

+ Scenery +

Bone-Tithe Nexus

+ Allegiance +

Legion: Mortis Praetorians

+ Game Options +

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Nightmare Predator [65pts]

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

Edited by That Guy

Isn't there something to be said about Morghast Harbingers with Halberds as well? I reckon the faction is suffering under not being able to use the universal command abilities. Harbingers come with Fly, meaning they can skip some screens. They also can charge 3d6, meaning you can charge just outside of 9", which means your opponent can't redeploy. I would prefer the Halberds on them, because of the increased rend. With all the save stacking that armies can do, you can bring these to a -3 rend and get some hard hitting hits in. To top it off, they also have 6 wounds, which means that they count as 2 models around objectives. 

There's a bunch of tricks in the OBR sandbox that now make certain units shine and it's facinating to see that when you just dive deeper in (because frankly you have to without having access to the universal command abilities) how much you can still adept with an army as condensed as this one. I've seen the Nagash lists and a lot of the teleporting tricks that he can come with, stalkers being valuable for the Hero phase command ability, Katakros with Arkhan super heals, crawler comps. Even the endless spells have some great shenanigans to them. I start to love the faction more and more, the more I delve into the strategy behind it, but I also see where it struggles and I hope with a tome update in 2022 perhaps they will keep their fundamental uniqueness, but gain some more adaptability to strike at the level that most 3rd edition armies do now. Although by any means correct me if i'm wrong on anythign or please share your knowledge about the faction with me, I am new to the faction. 

Sorry for the double post!

• Like 1

Isn't there something to be said about Morghast Harbingers with Halberds as well? I reckon the faction is suffering under not being able to use the universal command abilities. Harbingers come with Fly, meaning they can skip some screens. They also can charge 3d6, meaning you can charge just outside of 9", which means your opponent can't redeploy. I would prefer the Halberds on them, because of the increased rend. With all the save stacking that armies can do, you can bring these to a -3 rend and get some hard hitting hits in. To top it off, they also have 6 wounds, which means that they count as 2 models around objectives. 

Agreed, however i vant decide if the 5+ ward is better than the 3d6 for the charge. In any case, the halberd seems stronger, especially with some buffs (+1 / reroll 1 for hit / etc...). Plus the models looks terrifics. I have started to think to an army with several of these, and i came with this list in 1000 pts:

Soulmason (140)

Mortek guard (reinforced, so x20) (280)

Kavalos Deathrider x5 (190)

Morghast Archai x2 (190)

Morghast Archai x2 (190

Total 990 pts.

The idea is to put the soulmason in the blob of mortek guard to protect him, so he can cast Empower Nadirite Weapons and Soul-guide safely. The kavalos are there to grab objectives and the morghast to kill the biggest threat, maybe by flying over the morteks or by following the kavalos.

On 11/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, rattila said:

Agreed, however i vant decide if the 5+ ward is better than the 3d6 for the charge. In any case, the halberd seems stronger, especially with some buffs (+1 / reroll 1 for hit / etc...). Plus the models looks terrifics.

Remember that it is not a true 5+ ward, it is a ward only for mortal wounds.

For an army that does not have access to the command ability to reroll charges, the Harbinger's ability to roll 3D6 gives them greater utility IMO in pining down key units for the enemy. With the additional rend, the halberds do more damage despite doing less attacks. 

On 11/21/2021 at 10:13 PM, That Guy said:

Good day to you dear bone people!

I just stepped into the OBR with Horrek’s Dreadlance as my first box and I am planning to buy the battleforce box. Now i’m looking for some advice on the faction. Should i make the Immortis guard or Stalkers? When it comes to loadouts friends told me to always go for blades. On the big abbomination monster the bludgeons for mortal output. I do love the look of the 2 mortarchs and out of the legions, i really like the Petrifex, Praetorians or Ivory host, although the ivory host has some strange negatives to it. For a bigger army would you advice any of the mortarchs? I know Nagash is popular, but i think i like the idea of a bigger army a bit more. Looking forward to all your suggestions! Thank you.

I believe the most popular pick would be the Immortis due to people using math to find out which one is most effective ( I prefer the way Stalkers look), and the current meta really relies heavily on having at least some rend so spears are not the way to go especially since you can't get the big 40 guard blobs anymore due to reinforcements. 

I have heard that Nagash lists have been quite strong lately but that is most likely due to the current god dominance meta. If you want a strong caster you can always get arkhan he has a good points value.

13 hours ago, Montmorencey66 said:

I believe the most popular pick would be the Immortis due to people using math to find out which one is most effective ( I prefer the way Stalkers look), and the current meta really relies heavily on having at least some rend so spears are not the way to go especially since you can't get the big 40 guard blobs anymore due to reinforcements. 

I have heard that Nagash lists have been quite strong lately but that is most likely due to the current god dominance meta. If you want a strong caster you can always get arkhan he has a good points value.

Great! I’ll put swords on everything for the rend. I think i’ll go with Stalkers first though. I actually prefer the look of the Immortis as Feudal bodyguard, but the look of stalkers is really great too. I plan to magnetize their head so that their heads can rotate. I really like the defined job of glasscannon constructs in lower points lists for them and in lists with minor heroes only. I honestly start valuing Immortis more once you factor in Katakros, Arkhan and maybe even Nagash for than their bodyguard ability is used on a truelly powerful center pillar of your army. I am surprised mathematically the Immortis come out on top. Is it because of their better save and mortal output? The stalkers seem to be terrifying when it comes to the precision aspect, having the re-rolls on run and charge makes them adaptable and if you would use Stalliarch lords they can re-roll on both. Plus their command ability is a hero phase one, which is huge. 

I guess after assembling these boxes i will branch out to Arkhan, get myself an extra box of mortek, because most lists seem to run 40 total. I’ll also get myself a Soulmason which is a great minor hero platform for spells. Than eventually i’ll get myself a box of Immortis, Katakros, so that i have that flexibility between mortarchs, or combine them. Easy to play around with different legions(praetorians and petrifex at first) that way. After that I have a decent sized army already i would say and can start thinking of adding 1-2 boxes of Morghast Harbingers and  perhaps a Nagash who will already have an army waiting for him in that case… i’ve seen a few games on Nagash now within bonereapers and i do see the potential with the teleporting through damaging your nagash while having the protection of nagash and just nuke a unit up close with D3 mortal arcane bolts. I just personally like to have an army here first. (The super elite itch is already scratched for me with my Behemat and Beastclaw armies at the moment).

Edited by That Guy

Keep in mind that, long term, everything is subject to change.  It takes a long time to assemble and paint an army, if you base your choices on what's best in game then A- OBR maybe isn't the best faction right now to begin with.  We're a lot more playable since the RDP fix faq, but even so we're not exactly tearing up the tournament scene.  And B- by the time you finish your 2000 point army, a new faction book could easily have rendered all your previously optimal choices decidedly sub-optimal.

That said, GW's faction release schedule has been extremely slow recently, likely due to a combination of covid, brexit, & other global transportation stresses, and OBR at least theoretically aren't on the short list for updates, so the current OBR paradigm ~probably~ has a few years to stand.  Yeah, we might see some points updates, but they're unlikely to move the needle much for us.

So as it stands, Petrifex seems to be the overall best subfaction again - though Praetorians can make a case for themselves if you want to run Katakros.  Swords are better than spears on morteks & kavalos.  Both morteks and deathriders are solid battleline and I've seen successful (or at least as successful as OBR get right now) lists pushing either one or some of each.  If you run morghasts at all, consensus seems to be run harbingers with glaives, but they're kind of iffy altogether.  For characters, anything but vokmortion & reaper seems at least vaguely viable.  For other stuff - cralwers, harvesters, monstrous infantry?  honestly you could argue most of it has a place, but I'm not entirely convinced the place for any of it is 2k competitive lists.  There's just not a lot of room left after you've gotten your key heroes and battleline units in.

For example, while I'm far from the most competitive player myself, here's the list I'm currently noodling around with:

Arkhan (cuz he's my favorite, and I love my converted chariot version, but also he's our best magic platform)
Liege - for endless duty and RDP

30 morteks  - to have enough staple bodies to push forward, claim objectives, fight battles of attrition
30 morteks - in max size units to make spell and command buffs go as far as possible
5 kavalos - to have some faster / smaller units to go for objectives
5 kavalos - & if necessary use as sacrificial screens or to eat stand & shoot commands

Cogs - to help arkhan cast more and/or help the morteks charge.

For battalions I generally either take a battle regiment and put everything in that, or hunters of the heartlands for the morteks and put everything else in a battle regiment.

For legion - null myriad when I'm feeling fluffy, petrifex when I want to at least ~try~ to win games.

That above list has 190 points left over, and I waffle on how to use that last bit.  A squad of Immortis to insulate Arkhan and the liege from first turn sniping?  Another squad of kavalos for better board presence?  A pair of Harbingers for a spot of -2 rend?

If I could fit a harvester or crawler there I might, but that would mean dropping the cogs and I'm not completely convinced they'd be worth it.  Crawler is nice for the bit of pressure at range, but with as many sources of +1 save as the game has these days, the lack of rend really cuts into its output.  Harvester theoretically can add a ton of durability to the morteks, but with as much ranged firepower as exists in the game right now, it seems to mostly just die first, which negates its healing ability altogether.  Both are still solid options, and if I could take either without dropping the cogs I would, but I'm not convinced either is enough better than the 190 point options to be worth taking over them at the cost of the cogs.

Recently I'm actually leaning towards Kainan's reapers for the last 190 points.  An extra spell cast & decent melee beatstick AND a below-minimum sized mortek block to claim backfield objectives or speed-bump for the larger mortek squads seems like a steal at 190 points, even if they don't benefit from subfaction traits outside of praetorians.

but the main point is, I get my heroes in, I get a solid battleline in, and at 2k points that's it, I just don't have any room left for anything fancy.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Well you could also take a soulmason to babysit one of your mortek unit. Rerolll 1’s to hit + empower nadirite weapon seems great, as mystic shield and reroll all saves. And you can put all that every turn to the unit, as he is a two-cast spell+the throne and he gives a RDP. Plus the mini look awesome and its mini-arkhan, and that leaves you with 50pts for a triumph or an endless spell.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:45 AM, rattila said:

Well you could also take a soulmason to babysit one of your mortek unit. Rerolll 1’s to hit + empower nadirite weapon seems great, as mystic shield and reroll all saves. And you can put all that every turn to the unit, as he is a two-cast spell+the throne and he gives a RDP. Plus the mini look awesome and its mini-arkhan, and that leaves you with 50pts for a triumph or an endless spell.

Another fair alternative.

Honestly, I've not had much success with these battleline heavy lists either - though I blame myself more than the faction rules.  Just don't have the heart - or brain - of a competent competitive player, so I really shouldn't be on here giving advice like I've got the foggiest clue what I'm talking about.

A recent rumor has implied we'll be seeing a new book sooner rather than later, with some new rules, and a couple new units.  Frankly, I'm skeptical.  I didn't find the source particularly credible, and there are many factions who seem better positioned for it.  But I'd be happy if it did happen, something to shake things up a bit.

2 hours ago, SlyRebirth said:

I've played a few games of AoS3 with OBR, and I'm struggling for consistency. We play at 1500pts, and the last game was against a heavily shielded Idoneth eels list. I struggled to make any kind of dent, with general lack of rend of mortal wounds.

Any advice?

I did some brainstorming with an OBR playing friend of mine about how to create more pressure and being able to get a more consistent grip on the board. 

He is usually playing Katakros, Zandtos, Soulmason, 2x 20 Mortek Guards, 2x 5 Deathriders and a Harvester. 

I think while having some kind of staying power there is no real threat on the board. 

I can easily make sure I get a charge with my 4 Fulminators into whatever I want which absolutely murders whatever it touches. 

I think you need a hammer unit of some sort. 

And the only viable hammer unit imo are Morghast Harbingers. 

They have fly, speed (3d6 charge) and -2 on the halberds. 

Maybe they could work in a Katakros list because of his buff aura, but I‘d go for a (fluffy) Petrifex List with 2x4 of them with some MSU Style Necropolis Stalkers and just min squads of Mortek Guard for some Objective Holding. 

Maybe 2x10 Mortek for screening and 1x5 Deathriders (to grab opponents objectives, they are pretty fast with 15 + d6+1 run movement)

What do you think? 

2 hours ago, Phasteon said:

What do you think? 

Yeah that's a fair point. With the models I have, I could make this list:

• Liege-Kavalos
  • Soulreaper
  • 10 x Mortek Guard
  • 10 x Mortek Guard
  • 5 x Kavalos Deathriders
  • 4 x Harbingers
  • 6 x Necropolis Stalkers

That comes to exactly 1500pts.

Currently i mostly see Nagash lists do well. He is a cool dude and i probably will eventually get him and mess around, but i would love to just run more of an army. I think in 2022 we might see a revival of some shooty heavy lists. There’s been whispers of a bow mortek kit coming out, which will have nadirite bows. combined with crawlers and our survivability, this might become nasty. Right now i think we are heavily dependent on our mortarchs and abusing units that can sort of deal with 3rd edition command abilities and massive save stacking. Stalkers with their re-rolls and precision stance. Harbingers with halberds that can charge 3d6. Who knows what the command ability on a bow mortek unit would be. While we don’t have redeploy. 1 of our strengths is having 1 of the most durable screen units. I think this defines the playstyle for the upcoming year.

So I enjoyed using Kakatros + double crawler. First time using Kakatros, hes ability to deny a command point each turn was fantastic. Really limited my opponents CA! 

Round one the crawlers dunked Skarbrand, round two they 1 shot a slaughter priest. By turn 3 I had only lost 3 Mortek due to Kakatros healing and I'd killed 70% of the Khorne army so my buddy called there.

Hitting on 2s with counter strike to re-roll hits is pretty mad, I often ended up with hits then I had attacks. 

• Like 3

On 12/8/2021 at 9:57 AM, AaronWilson said:

I've got a game lined up for Saturday, running Katakros for the first time with a old school double crawler build. Excited to roll some dice. 

image.png.ad1286ae9041b1afab3ee65bd6f33149.png

I like your list. It’s a nice defensive setup. 1 thing though. Katakros has the Warmaster ability. This opens you up to pick a second general and get the Mortis Praetorians Trait for them.

20 minutes ago, That Guy said:

I like your list. It’s a nice defensive setup. 1 thing though. Katakros has the Warmaster ability. This opens you up to pick a second general and get the Mortis Praetorians Trait for them.

Yeah my buddy did point that out, the only thing is if I make another model my general I don't want to give up a easy slay the warlord battle trait 

Can someone explain how the wound allocation core rule interacts with the Harvester, getting myself a bit confused, do I have to allocate and roll for each guy one at a time while allocating the wounds or do I remove all guys at once and roll for them together?

Would appreciate if someone could explain the process for this, thanks!

20 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Can someone explain how the wound allocation core rule interacts with the Harvester, getting myself a bit confused, do I have to allocate and roll for each guy one at a time while allocating the wounds or do I remove all guys at once and roll for them together?

Would appreciate if someone could explain the process for this, thanks!

Hey man! So the way I tend to do it is I do all my armour saves / ward saves in one go, and then I roll for as many models I have within 1" of a harvester, so say I have like 10 wounds remaining after saves, and 5 mortek within 1" of a havester, I'd roll all 5, and say I pass 3, I'd then roll two more as I'd have two models remaining within 1" of the harvester etc. 

Love how motivated the OBR group is to make the faction work. I'm really looking forwards to a new Battletome or white dwarf update. I got hyped so I went all in. Ordered a Nagash, Katakros and I got my hands on an older Skeleton Horde start collecting which contains a mortarch, 10 old skeletons and 5 black skeleton riders/hexwraiths. Dunno what i'm going to do with those skeleton guys, but it was like 10 bucks more for the box compared to getting the mortarch seperately. I finished up Horrek's Dreadlance Box and i'm now Building my battleforce box(decided to go stalkers instead of Immortis Guard) together with a box of Morghasts(Will be Harbingers). I also ordered a Soulmason since I love that little guy as well. The Bone-Tithe Nexus and Spells keep eluding me(it keeps getting sold out constantly, but i'll get them eventually). @AaronWilson I do wonder, how do you feel 2 Crawlers work compared to having 1 crawler and a harvester? Obviously I got 1 of both in my battleforce box, but I do wonder if it's worth to get a second crawler. 

old skeletons make good basing material. You also might be able to find veteran soulblight players willing to pick up spare skeletons that match their old models.  Black Knights aren't great right now, but you may be able to find Nighthaunt players interested in building them as hexwraiths.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, That Guy said:

Love how motivated the OBR group is to make the faction work. I'm really looking forwards to a new Battletome or white dwarf update. I got hyped so I went all in. Ordered a Nagash, Katakros and I got my hands on an older Skeleton Horde start collecting which contains a mortarch, 10 old skeletons and 5 black skeleton riders/hexwraiths. Dunno what i'm going to do with those skeleton guys, but it was like 10 bucks more for the box compared to getting the mortarch seperately. I finished up Horrek's Dreadlance Box and i'm now Building my battleforce box(decided to go stalkers instead of Immortis Guard) together with a box of Morghasts(Will be Harbingers). I also ordered a Soulmason since I love that little guy as well. The Bone-Tithe Nexus and Spells keep eluding me(it keeps getting sold out constantly, but i'll get them eventually). @AaronWilson I do wonder, how do you feel 2 Crawlers work compared to having 1 crawler and a harvester? Obviously I got 1 of both in my battleforce box, but I do wonder if it's worth to get a second crawler. 

One harvester is nice for a easy monstrous takeover, a roar to stop a key order and is quite killy. One of each would work, means you can endless duty your one crawler every turn as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AaronWilson said:

One harvester is nice for a easy monstrous takeover, a roar to stop a key order and is quite killy. One of each would work, means you can endless duty your one crawler every turn as well. 

Indeed, i might just run a list like that at first. I’ve had a list with Arkhan, Gothizzar and another wizard that can turn themselves in a Monster for an extra VP. I did get inspired by your list and decided to give a go at it. This is what i came up with:

Army Faction: Ossiarch Bonereapers
    - Army Subfaction: Mortis Praetorians
    - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
    - Triumps: Bloodthirsty

LEADER

Katakros (470)*

Liege-Kavalos (185)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Katakros’ Chosen
    - Artefacts: Artificer’s Blade

Mortisan Soulmason (140)*
    - Artefacts: Gothizzar Cartouche
    - Spells: Empower Nadirite Weapons

BATTLELINE

1 x Mortek Guard (280)**
    - Nadirite Blade and Shield

Mortek Guard (140)**

Mortek Guard (140)**

ARTILLERY

Mortek Crawler (215)***

Mortek Crawler (215)***

TERRAIN

Bone-tithe Nexus (0)

OTHER

Morghast Harbingers (185)*

CORE BATTALIONS:

Warlord*

Hunters of the Heartlands**

Alpha-Beast Pack***

TOTAL POINTS: (1970/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

In this list going first might actually be a nice idea. With Mortis Praetorians CA and Katakros’ Supreme Lord CA, this list is great at surviving a blow and perhaps even surviving a double turn. The idea here is to have the soulmason hug the block of 20 mortek to let them enjoy +1 to wound, while having the option to buff the crawlers. You can Soul Guide both crawlers and empower nadirite weapons, or Soul Guide 1 crawler and empower + mystic the mortek to prepare for an incoming charge. Both the Liege and Katakros can Endless Duty allowing you to buff both crawlers(per FAQ bonereapers are allowed to do the same CA as long as they are issued by different heroes and affect different units). The Harbingers are there for being a reliable charging hammer unit.