AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm going to be playing with only my OBR for the forseeable future. 

What do we think are out most compeitiive builds right now? Not sure how good Nagash right now, a couple of our new battle tactics seem very achievable. 

With the recursion built of our new CA, Mortek blob + harvester seems a good core to build from? 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, AaronWilson said:

First go at writing a OBR list for #AoS. You could drop the mason and run 2x20 Mortek, or you can drop the mason & play lifeswarm & a soulreaper. Doesn't feel like there's a great deal of variation to be had!

I wouldn't play two units of deathriders. They never do anything for me (last time they failed a 3 inch charge, which failed me the new battle tactic).

You could think about Mir Kainan, he is quite strong, looks super cool and has an extra screening unit.:)

And you could add some endless spells for fun. Burning head is good to trigger Arkhans teleport or block an area for 20 points. Maybe the portals?

On 3/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, AaronWilson said:

With the recursion built of our new CA, Mortek blob + harvester seems a good core to build from? 

Do you mean the healing ability? Be aware of the restriction, that you have to be stationary in the movement phase. Which is quite bad...

25 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I wouldn't play two units of deathriders. They never do anything for me (last time they failed a 3 inch charge, which failed me the new battle tactic).

You could think about Mir Kainan, he is quite strong, looks super cool and has an extra screening unit.:)

And you could add some endless spells for fun. Burning head is good to trigger Arkhans teleport or block an area for 20 points. Maybe the portals?

Deathriders cannot fail a 3" charge...they have +1 to charge 😅

• LOVE IT! 1

I will give Nagash another chance with this list:

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Petrifex Elite
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: 
Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (955)*
Mortisan Soulreaper (115)*
- General
- Command Trait: Mighty Archaeossian 
- Artefact: Godbone Armour 
- Lore of Mortisans: Reinforce Battle-shields
10 x Mortek Guard (140)*
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
10 x Mortek Guard (140)*
10 x Mortek Guard (140)*
3 x Immortis Guard (190)*
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
*Battle Regiment

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 75
Drops: 1

The goal is to keep him alive until he killed a lot.😅

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 3:31 AM, Archibald said:

I will give Nagash another chance with this list:

Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (955)*

The goal is to keep him alive until he killed a lot.😅

Does Immortis Guard even take wounds for Nagash after the most recent change? Does he still gain the OBR keyword?

On 3/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, Archibald said:

I think so, he just doesn't benefit from alligiance abilities.

Did some digging, he used to gain the keyword (like Arkhan) but now Arkhan has been updated to have it on his warscroll and Nagash doesn't get it. So he can't heal himself nor will Immortis Guard bodyguard for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Archibald said:

Harbringers with two handed weapon for extra rend and damage

Thank you. I've seen a few people swear by that configuration, so your experience with them helps nuance the choice a bit. I know it's under-powered, but I've been thinking about building around Mortis Praetorian's -1 bravery aura, which would require a unit of Morghasts, Vokmortian, and Bone-Tithe Shrieker.