The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

It's good to have a break, honestly. Miniature wargames aren't video games, we need time to build and paint our armies. Having constant new stuff every week is really not helping.

It is not like everyone gets every single release. If they slow the speed those that have less "loved" armies won't get a release in years!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Lol, I just want one game with the new varanguard army of renown. At this point, we'll get 4th ed before abraxia box

immagine if Abraxia and varanguards are poor to play in 4th 

1 minute ago, follywolf said:

Exactly! Varanguard are currently one of the most smashy units in the game. I want to buy cheap varanguard, build an army of them, and run them with the 3rd edition rules. Fed up with being c.*ck blocked by GW.

• Thanks 1

I'm curious if we will see any changes regarding the edition launch. If it follows precedent, there will be a large FOMO "Launch Box" and 3 Tiers of Starter Set. It will be a real vote of confidence in this method if they do it again, I always thought that having 3 different starter sets was product bloat and they would have been better with a standard starter set and a cheaper introductory set and that's it. 

I also think we are going to see multiple Spearhead boxes for factions. 

To me, it just shows that GW's release schedule can't work on a weekly basis in the long term with the troubles.

I feel like it's just a matter of time before they have to adjust to a new way, IMHO.

The last several investor reports have all stated in one way or another that the company is essentially experiencing growing pains. The business world is littered with examples of companies that faltered when trying to harness significant growth. GW is expanding and the management and company are coming to terms with a new dynamic but it takes time. I don't think a weekly schedule is problematic at all, the range of offerings is large and diverse enough to easily support it, in fact I expect to see an increase in the release schedules. 

This is a PLC remember. This train doesn't stop. 

15 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

To me, it just shows that GW's release schedule can't work on a weekly basis in the long term with the troubles.

I feel like it's just a matter of time before they have to adjust to a new way, IMHO.

Or maybe they can produce enough with the 4th warehouse?

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, follywolf said:

It wouldn't be as bad as if either Stormcast or Skaven were terrible right out of the gate. At least S2D would have a chance at redemption with a fresh 4.0 book. Let us never forget how screwed Kruelboyz were for the entirety of 3rd. There isn't a good track record for edition-opening factions.

Edited by Mutton

6 minutes ago, Mutton said:

It wouldn't be as bad as if either Stormcast or Skaven were terrible right out of the gate. At least S2D would have a chance at redemption with a fresh 4.0 book. Let us never forget how screwed Kruelboyz were for the entirety of 3rd. There isn't a good track record for edition-opening factions.

Or for the antagonists in the starter set. Khorne sucked for two editions, as did nighthaunt, and kruelboyz sucked in third. Poor skaven.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Or for the antagonists in the starter set. Khorne sucked for two editions, as did nighthaunt, and kruelboyz sucked in third. Poor skaven.

But at least they have new minis. Imagine being bad and not having new minis.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Chinise plastic strikes back.

People wants Faction Terrain or own Endless. I get PTDS flashbacks everytime I see a new piece of that.

Dok coming with endless -> delayed

Lumineth coming with scenery -> delayed

Slaves coming with scenery -> delayed

4th launching box coming with scenery -> … oh my

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Wait, since when did Kruelboyz "suck" in 3rd? I thought they were distinctly middle of the pack. 

I mean their own Warcom metawatch articles out them in last place for most of third edition

Edit: granted the early Andtor meta, there was a few list that did well like in LVO, but for the most part Kruleboyz where really bad in 3rd

Edited by novakai

21 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Wait, since when did Kruelboyz "suck" in 3rd? I thought they were distinctly middle of the pack. 

Pretty sure Kruelboyz have been persistently one of the lowest rated armies for some time. They've sometimes done alright, but it's a general indication that they needed major help that one of their core heroes got battle scroll updated to be about twice as good. Some of their stuff has got to the point where it's good, but with frankly nuts points values. The killaboss on great gnarltooth is 110.

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But at least they have new minis. Imagine being bad and not having new minis.

Imagine your an actual army and not Bad, Old, and going to be squated (Cough Bonesplitterz cough) 

Bit disappointing to see no DB 6 this week.

Oh well, looking forward to the previews! On a side note give LI is getting something on Saturday, does anyone know what happened to the promised Titan and Knight Battle-boxes? They were announced at the end of August last year, and we have already had a supplement dedicated to Titans for the game system....

4 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Bit disappointing to see no DB 6 this week.

Oh well, looking forward to the previews! On a side note give LI is getting something on Saturday, does anyone know what happened to the promised Titan and Knight Battle-boxes? They were announced at the end of August last year, and we have already had a supplement dedicated to Titans for the game system....

With the "leak" from the Facebook banner at least we know it gotta be the next week.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Danaork said:

hey dear rumor thread, i'm not regulary here, so what the rumors of the moment and some leaks appears about V4 ?

More reliable:

- The Launch box could come with Scenery, a cardboard mat and everything needed to play Spearhead.
- GW trademarked "Moss Cairn". We think it could be a new UW season.
- Chaos Dwarf for 4th edition.
- Cogfort hinted for CoS by Whitefang Jr.

Less reliable:

- UW could disappear and turn into something similar from 40k.
- Warcry could change as a game or just its setting into something like Mordheim.

I could miss something, I am running out of fuel.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

More reliable:

- The Launch box could come with Scenery, a cardboard mat and everything needed to play Spearhead.
- GW trademarked "Moss Cairn". We think it could be a new UW season.
- Chaos Dwarf for 4th edition.
- Cogfort hinted for CoS by Whitefang Jr.

Less reliable:

- UW could disappear and turn into something similar from 40k.
- Warcry could change as a game or just its setting into something like Mordheim.

I could miss something, I am running out of fuel.

forgot Gitmob/Goblin wave & the "Big a thing that will challenge logic" but that pretty much it

Edited by Dragon-knight77