The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, novakai said:

They probably release a roadmap during the later part of this year.

it could just be very battletome release heavy like what happen infamously to AoS in 2022 with few to no big releases.

As messed up as they have the production right now I doubt we will see a roadmap to avoid getting forced into any commitment.

40 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

As messed up as they have the production right now I doubt we will see a roadmap to avoid getting forced into any commitment.

Eh they manage to get one for 40K last year and it has largely gone by without a hitch.

IMG_1523.png.71a1655262a364190fe5be32892cb101.png

they be force to get Battletomes out regardless of issues.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Chikout said:

Ventilation and space is the reason 3d printing will never become mainstream. It's the same reason I don't own an airbrush. 

I deal with the pricing issue by having an annual budget. It means I just end up buying 3-5 % less stuff each year. After buying cursed city  in 2021, I was only able to afford dominion because gw put it on sale. It's something I wish they'd do more often but they've managed to clear all the old Stormcast and Skaven stock without it. Of about 50 items from the recent purge there are only 9 left in stock in the UK and 4 in America. Who is buying this stuff? 

It always astounds me how many people's entire hobby is just buying boxes and shoving them in a closet.  I guess they just get some kind of sense of pride in ownership? 

We have two guys at my FLGS who have everything GW makes on a standing order. One of them has literally never played a game at the store. 

I guess its a net positive for the hobby and just letting them sit in a garage. 

5 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Allies is always one of those interesting concepts that doesn't really work that well in practice.

One one hand, you have a nice way to integrate a cool unit/model into your army if you like the look.

On the other hand, allies usually don't matter rules wise unless they generate a broken combination. 

I really enjoy allies/coalition bc I am always getting bored playing the same lists so its sometimes fun to branch out and take a unit from an allied faction. Sometimes they can even shore up a weakness in your army. 

The problem is that the coalition rules have always been a mess. They are either exploited like Fulminators in Living city or Tzeentch Archaons or cause confusing interactions with keywords like when the Incarnate was using Lumineth allegiance abilities because they weren't keyword locked. 

I think they should maybe let coalition rules die and just keep traditional simple allies rules. 

Also of note, they included allies in The Old World and 40K 10th to various degrees so they are probably going to stick around in some way in AOS 4th. Maybe its just Regiments of Reknown but I think it will be more than that. 

Edited by Landohammer

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Anyone got a clue to what weird things could be? 

I think Whitefang “weird/challenge to logic”  hints we’re referred both to GW politics ( cutting 60+ kits from AoS range including few years old kits ) and miniatures ( beastie weirdy faction)

There are also rumours ( not from Whitefang) about delete of Underworlds and change Warcry setting/ set of rule. 

Edited by cyrus

13 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think Whitefang “weird/challenge to logic”  hints we’re referred both to GW politics ( cutting 60+ kits from AoS range including few years old kits ) and miniatures ( beastie weirdy faction)

There are also rumours ( not from Whitefang) about delete of Underworlds and change Warcry setting/ set of rule. 

Didn't he/she say that after the purge?

The underworld and warcry came from a 4chan "rumor" that contradict themselves twice in on post

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, novakai said:

Eh they manage to get one for 40K last year and it has largely gone by without a hitch.

Btw, Warcom has also heavily implied there may be a new roadmap (on 40k) dropping for next week's preview

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, novakai said:

I genuinely feel like a road map for their two tentpole games should not be outside of their capabilities; this is perfect and I get that 40k is what GW relies on but occasionally things remind me of how GW dropped support for Fantasy and were shocked that it didn't compete with the constantly-updated 40k

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, Warcom has also heavily implied there may be a new roadmap (on 40k) dropping for next week's preview

Crazy how they're not working to put out a roadmap for the game that is getting a new edition this summer when they're trying to build hype by... talking about cutting armies and ramping up costs again

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yeah, but it is also rumoured that they are having massive problems because of that roadmap. I hope we get a roadmap, honestly.

5 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

Crazy how they're not working to put out a roadmap for the game that is getting a new edition this summer when they're trying to build hype by... talking about cutting armies and ramping up costs again

I mean any possible Roadmap was not going to be release until after the  New edition physically launches in June/July. It’s possible that the reason why this news cycle seems lacking compare to Leviathan is probably because Warhammer Fest didn’t happen this year since last year around this time in May, Leviathan was already fully revealed and they went into faction focus already.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean any possible Roadmap was not going to be release until after the  New edition physically launches in June/July. It’s possible that the reason why this news cycle seems lacking compare to Leviathan is probably because Warhammer Fest didn’t happen this year since last year around this time in May, Leviathan was already fully revealed and they went into faction focus already.

That could be it- hopefully GW can figure itself out

18 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

I genuinely feel like a road map for their two tentpole games should not be outside of their capabilities; this is perfect and I get that 40k is what GW relies on but occasionally things remind me of how GW dropped support for Fantasy and were shocked that it didn't compete with the constantly-updated 40k

If we get a roadmap it will be definitely after the box is revealed or even launched. It is less risky to drop a roadmap during a running edition rather than before a new one is going to be launched.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Darkseed said:

Hello guys, 

Can someone confirm for me if the dark elves will be removed from the future CoS battletome ? 

No confirmation as of yet, but I think it is fair to say that the Dark Elves range is on borrowed time. It may stick around for a while longer or could be dropped when the AoS 4 CoS Battletome comes around.

13 minutes ago, Hollow said:

No confirmation as of yet, but I think it is fair to say that the Dark Elves range is on borrowed time. It may stick around for a while longer or could be dropped when the AoS 4 CoS Battletome comes around.

IMO it will depend on how big the next wave is. If we get another 9-12 kits, then both Duardins and DE would disappear. If it is smaller, just Dawis and then once Malerion is released the DE.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO it will depend on how big the next wave is. If we get another 9-12 kits, then both Duardins and DE would disappear. If it is smaller, just Dawis and then once Malerion is released the DE.

I think if we were gonna see Malerion in the first half of the edition then old DE kits would've left with sacrosanct and beasts. If cities are around the midpoint of the edition then maybe DE kits get cut?

41 minutes ago, Darkseed said:

Hello guys, 

Can someone confirm for me if the dark elves will be removed from the future CoS battletome ? 

Personally, I'd be surprised if they were. It feels like the time for cuts was the start of the edition. There is no old world army competing for models. I think you're safe until at least 5th edition. They only way they get removed before then is if we have new Aelves to replace them. 

Posted (edited)

I think its safe to assume that there wont be any cuts before bonesplitterz and beasts get removed from the game. (Dont remember exact date) I think it was around the 1,5 year into the edition mark. Maybe some units dont make it into new tome, but i dont see them remove another subfaction at the moment.

Edited by Gitzdee

34 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I think if we were gonna see Malerion in the first half of the edition then old DE kits would've left with sacrosanct and beasts. If cities are around the midpoint of the edition then maybe DE kits get cut?

We know Malerion won't come in the first half basically because that's when Chorfs are coming. I meant Malerion by the next edition.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We know Malerion won't come in the first half basically because that's when Chorfs are coming. I meant Malerion by the next edition.

I would hope to see them year 3, maybe we should readjust expectations though.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Personally, I'd be surprised if they were. It feels like the time for cuts was the start of the edition. There is no old world army competing for models. I think you're safe until at least 5th edition. They only way they get removed before then is if we have new Aelves to replace them. 

"It feels like the time for cuts was 2nd edition"

Sounds familiar.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Cutting the last units when a new Battletome comes out seems more of a possibility than not.

of course I am expecting that every resin model be cut in this edition regardless if they are replace with a new version or not. (Looking at Ogors) 

Edit: the argument that they finish cutting models already until next edition feels false as there are ranges like Ogors, Spiderfangs, or ranges with lingering resin heroes that are still endanger this edition.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

of course I am expecting that every resin model be cut in this edition regardless if they are replace with a new version or not. (Looking at Ogors) 

I mean 

• Frost Sabre
  • Icebrow Hunter
  • Icefall Yhetee
  • Firebelly
  • Butcher
  • Slaughtermaster
  • Maneater

just 7 resin kits the thing with Ogres is that they have a bunch of aged infantry models like the Gluttons and Irongut. If we're being generous something like Maneater or Firebelly can just slotted for a Warband like Gorgers were while Icebrow Hunter is kind of redundant with the bloodpelt hunter

Ogre definitely will be getting that Slaves/Seraphon update at one point in 4th edition it like 1 of 3/4 armies that requires a "refresh" level update

59 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I mean 

• Frost Sabre
  • Icebrow Hunter
  • Icefall Yhetee
  • Firebelly
  • Butcher
  • Slaughtermaster
  • Maneater

just 7 resin kits the thing with Ogres is that they have a bunch of aged infantry models like the Gluttons and Irongut. If we're being generous something like Maneater or Firebelly can just slotted for a Warband like Gorgers were while Icebrow Hunter is kind of redundant with the bloodpelt hunter

Ogre definitely will be getting that Slaves/Seraphon update at one point in 4th edition it like 1 of 3/4 armies that requires a "refresh" level update

Well we shouldn’t be banking that they will get a refresh this edition either way. But it already a big task just to redo Gluttons, Leadbelcher, and Ironguts while also having room to redo every single resin unit (especially since most of them are on the BCR side)

there also a possibility they sunset the whole range and reimagined them into a new range like what happen to Freeguild , High elves to LRL, or TK to OBR.