The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

It be most focus on AoS 4th hence  "Mortal Realm Reforged" obviously.

But there a chance they might tease the whole inquisition 4 boxes

It won't be, it's just going to be AoS 4th. Even Warcry and Underworlds are going to have to wait for previews to let the hype train focus on building up interest in 4th.

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

I has the Hope to see more things :(

There isnt a lot of things to be released in two months.

kt and warcry, dwarves for tow, chaos space marines, and dawbringers if im not wrong.

It depends on whether the 22nd June date we've had is the release date or the preorder date. If it's the release date then that's an 8th June preorder which fits with Leviathan's 10th June preorder date. If so then you've only got 11th, 18th and 25th May, plus the 1st June preorder windows to fill. Chaos Space Marines, TOW Dwarves, KT and Warcry, and then Dawnbringers nicely rounds that out. And last year GW did a Not 40k preview a few weeks after Leviathan launched so that could make sense for showing off things like the Inquisition, Mechanicum, Necromunda and the next season of Underworlds.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Yeah but that about it and everyone know they are comming.

in previous editions we only got maybe one small battletome release after a new edition is release and that about it for the year

Last year they did squeeze in two new codex for 10th before Christmas which was a surprise. So it's possible we get something, but it's mostly going to be Stormcast and Skaven this year (outside of Warcry and Underworlds)

Just now, novakai said:

They would need to release a Ironjawz box first for that to even happen 

They have been releasing alternate Combat Patrol lists through White Dwarf using regular releases (Vanguard Space Marines, Tyranid Lictors and Rogue Traders so far I believe) so Ironjawz could probably happen through that even if they don't get a box

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

They will be usable for Warcry still. Or do you mean they are the same size?

I mean the same size. Current AoS board is four Warcry boards together. So you can use for Spearhead any Warcry board you may already have.

Plus free rules and warbands of models we are all likely to have already.

There's a potential for success there, one would hope.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Spearhead is a game mode for playing buying only one box. That's not possible right now and a Spearhead before the new edition is almost impossible 

Why not possible ?

5 minutes ago, EonChao said:

It won't be, it's just going to be AoS 4th. Even Warcry and Underworlds are going to have to wait for previews to let the hype train focus on building up interest in 4th.

It depends on whether the 22nd June date we've had is the release date or the preorder date. If it's the release date then that's an 8th June preorder which fits with Leviathan's 10th June preorder date. If so then you've only got 11th, 18th and 25th May, plus the 1st June preorder windows to fill. Chaos Space Marines, TOW Dwarves, KT and Warcry, and then Dawnbringers nicely rounds that out. And last year GW did a Not 40k preview a few weeks after Leviathan launched so that could make sense for showing off things like the Inquisition, Mechanicum, Necromunda and the next season of Underworlds.

Last year they did squeeze in two new codex for 10th before Christmas which was a surprise. So it's possible we get something, but it's mostly going to be Stormcast and Skaven this year (outside of Warcry and Underworlds)

They have been releasing alternate Combat Patrol lists through White Dwarf using regular releases (Vanguard Space Marines, Tyranid Lictors and Rogue Traders so far I believe) so Ironjawz could probably happen through that even if they don't get a box

22nd is the announcement as far as we've been leaked.

I dont know what Mortal Realm Reforged is about: a new rule only, or new heroes and behemoth again?. If its about rules, then we will have a chance to get Malerion?

8 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I mean the same size. Current AoS board is four Warcry boards together. So you can use for Spearhead any Warcry board you may already have.

Plus free rules and warbands of models we are all likely to have already.

There's a potential for success there, one would hope.

Yeah. I see a lot of potential as well. Between it being quicker and simpler and using board and models we already have it looks very promising.

Just now, lele said:

I dont know what Mortal Realm Reforged is about: a new rule only, or new heroes and behemoth again?. If its about rules, then we will have a chance to get Malerion?

Yea, and i hope for new hybrid heroes too. Ionus Cryptborn and Twistweald are examples, they are hybrid things: between stormcast and death, sylvaneth and nurgle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lele said:

No Malerion. Is a preview to show the launch box and play the new edition for the first time.

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Well, that is the first aos launch box I'm going to skip.

Hope they make one without forcing scenery on me.

I am still thinking they are using the wrong words and they mean  the starter box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lele said:

Just a reveal of the entire AOS 4th ed. Launch Box : Stormcast Ruination vs Skaven. 

Just now, Ejecutor said:

No Malerion. Is a preview to show the launch box and play the new edition for the first time.

of course, its not DOK now, not a time

3 minutes ago, lele said:

Yea, and i hope for new hybrid heroes too. Ionus Cryptborn and Twistweald are examples, they are hybrid things: between stormcast and death, sylvaneth and nurgle

Anyone think so?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am still thinking they are using the wrong words and they mean  the starter box.

I'm pretty worried about it.

If they are talking about the starter box, with so many goodies, that means the price will be to the moon or the box will come pretty light on minis (and mybe that's why they are taking so long to show them)

Edited by Ragest

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

If they are talking about the starter box, with so many goodies, that means the price will be to the moon or the box will come pretty light on minis (and mybe that's why they are taking so long to show them)

Yeah... it's making me a little nervous too.

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Each faction’s Spearhead force is created from the contents of a single box – and all currently available Vanguard boxes will be rebranded as Spearhead boxes.

This is so good ! I hated how they gutted Combat Patrols in 10th - replacing all the 9th edition ones with new ones that offer less value for the exact same price. AoS won't suffer the same fate as 40k ! 

It looks like I will be playing a lot of Spearhead. This sounds so promising !

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Each faction’s Spearhead force is created from the contents of a single box – and all currently available Vanguard boxes will be rebranded as Spearhead boxes.

This is so good ! I hated how they gutted Combat Patrols in 10th - replacing all the 9th edition ones with new ones that offer less value for the exact same price. AoS won't suffer the same fate as 40k ! 

It looks like I will be playing a lot of Spearhead. This sounds so promising !

They may still replace them though when each battletome comes out.

at least we know the skaven one has to be a brand new one and not the current vanguard box

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Because doesn't exist a Vanguard Ironjawz to be reboxed and an Ironjawz Spearhead box was not announced either

They can announce it this month so it’s ready for V4 

we will see repacked if orruk warclan vanguard will be renamed kruleboyz spearhead  

Edited by Grunbag

20 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I was worried ad well because the trailer showed little few minis, but we saw the Warlock the last week, so my bet is just raising the price.