The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Can we please not have the Custodes discussion here. I've seen how out of control and toxic it's got on 40k sites. We really don't need that here.

This is how the Era of Chaos started. Someone in a pretty nice City of Sigmar started talking about females in a distant future Marines army.

34 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Partial OT:female custodes were never implied to be impossible save for a line about "taken fron nobility of terra Sons".

Custodes creation is not extremely detailed as SM so there was room for details and innovation.

But in the HH Sanguinius mention women and men clad in gold as bodyguard of his father(people thought about sisters of silence but they're not his bodyguard,they're the astra telephatica chamber militant).

It's different from introducing female sm (that need the geneseed of their primarch)...maybe the lazyness of the introduction about them is "bad" (but they did the same with primaris to some extent)but they were never mentioned as "impossible to have".

Ok, thanks for shedding some light on it. I don‘t know a lot about Custodes, only the blurbs from HH before they became their own force in 40k, I roll with Chaos after all. Anyways, if they aren‘t as set in stone as marines then this feels much less like a betrayal in regards to the established lore, which is good. 

20 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Can we please not have the Custodes discussion here. I've seen how out of control and toxic it's got on 40k sites. We really don't need that here.

Whilst I agree, I also think we could have the discussion and not get crazy. I'd wager a 77% success rate. 

It's ok to discuss things that have a bearing on this forums particular subject. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This is how the Era of Chaos started. Someone in a pretty nice City of Sigmar started talking about females in a distant future Marines army.

Sorry, guys! I don‘t feel bad for it, I got promoted to Daemon Prince for sowing discord among the Sigmarites! Now I‘ve got a sexy beak and a third arm to scratch my butt! 👌🏻

• Haha 6

I think the general acceptance of female stormcast probably went some way to persuading GW that female Custodes would also be accepted. Would have been nice to see some model support alongside it, but stormcast heads can be swapped in with almost zero effort. 

Of course female stormcast were front and centre almost from the start, something GW probably should have done with Custodes.

16 minutes ago, IrlLordy said:

think the general acceptance of female stormcast

Fans screamed for it! I have a handful of those posts in my own forum history somewhere way down the line. 

16 minutes ago, IrlLordy said:

Of course female stormcast were front and centre almost from the start,

Iirc, outside of underworlds, it wasn't until 2nd edition. 🤔

Edited by Vasshpit

I'll ask this again to get back to rumors, but what the heck does the green fill color mean for the Save value? Does it mean anything at all?

Some people suggest it makes it "easier to read" but I disagree; it's not more legible than white on black. Why only the Save value? Why was no other stat colored? If you were to color a value green, the first instinct would be Health. Health is always green in games. From a purely visual aesthetic, it looks bad. None of the most common answers people have given make sense to me.

Either there is some hidden meaning we're not aware of yet, or it was a pointless, incohesive whim of graphic design. This is like my white whale of AoS 4th.

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'll ask this again to get back to rumors, but what the heck does the green fill color mean for the Save value? Does it mean anything at all?

Some people suggest it makes it "easier to read" but I disagree; it's not more legible than white on black. Why only the Save value? Why was no other stat colored? If you were to color a value green, the first instinct would be Health. Health is always green in games. From a purely visual aesthetic, it looks bad. None of the most common answers people have given make sense to me.

Either there is some hidden meaning we're not aware of yet, or it was a pointless, incohesive whim of graphic design. This is like my white whale of AoS 4th.

The only thing I can think is that the save stat may need to be accessed quickly in the other players turn, well mainly the shooting phase, as you will have your warscroll out in the combat phase anyway?

22 minutes ago, IrlLordy said:

I think the general acceptance of female stormcast probably went some way to persuading GW that female Custodes would also be accepted.

Not to disparage the entirety of the 40k fan base, but you've got to realise that a scenario where the heroic protagonists are strong, universally male and racially intolerant, has the potential to attract someone of a certain political persuasion...

Those people tend to be quite reactionary toward inclusion as a concept, which they see as an attempt to curb their freedom.

I think it's a difference in political demographics - the AoS community is generally much more mature, tolerant and friendly.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Mutton I believe it signals a change from 3rd scroll. 

How do you mean? If it's just an indicator of a 4th ed warscroll then why bother? 4th ed scrolls are significantly different in layout and color anyway. Why would a randomly filled in value with a random color be a marker for 4th edition?

3 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

The only thing I can think is that the save stat may need to be accessed quickly in the other players turn, well mainly the shooting phase, as you will have your warscroll out in the combat phase anyway?

But you also have to reference Health and OC in the enemy phases as well. What if you get spells cast on you? Health check. None of the other stats are colored. And like I mentioned, white text on green is much less readable than white on black.

12 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I think it's a difference in political demographics - the AoS community is generally much more mature, tolerant and friendly.

Let's be honest. The AoS fanbase is made up of like a 70% of 40k people as well  xD 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Mutton

If for example you mean the green on the new 4th edition weirdnob shaman armor save scroll then I think it's to show a change from 3rd where he had a 5+ ... 

may be wrong. 

Ah, that's an interesting theory I hadn't heard yet. Unfortunately it doesn't follow, because the Slaughterpriest has the same 5+ Save in 4th that he currently has in 3rd.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Let's be honest. The AoS fanbase is made up of like a 70% of 40k people as well  xD 

that's definitely true but also a lot of the more stubborn oldhead gamers we don't have in aos, since it's just a newer game. Either way most people in both communities are pretty chill I've found, like if you walk into a gamestore irl, odds are you'll find some awesome people

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Done with the kits count (doesn't includes stuff going out from the Warcom post).

It is surprising how many kits from WHFB we still have around. I doubt we will get rid of all of them in this ed:

image.png.eeee10caaaf41990288f48c1a7e96745.png

anything that came out in the end times I've seen people say are very aos in their design, possibly designed with aos in mind. Which I can agree with, doubt we'll see any of that stuff replaced for the foreseeable future, if ever.

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Ah, that's an interesting theory I hadn't heard yet. Unfortunately it doesn't follow, because the Slaughterpriest has the same 5+ Save in 4th that he currently has in 3rd.

The green fill is just to attract the eye. Saves are something very often referenced or checked so an added background helps differentiate the stat from the rest of the profile. 

I’d be surprised if it meant anything beyond that. You’d expect the rest of the values to be colored if they had some sort of coding related to it.

Edited by Fracas

18 minutes ago, Luperci said:

anything that came out in the end times I've seen people say are very aos in their design, possibly designed with aos in mind. Which I can agree with, doubt we'll see any of that stuff replaced for the foreseeable future, if ever.

I think only Nagash will stay.

So i wondering what name character are we going to getting soon

like we have a relative idea with SG warhound rumors with Nu-Queek & New Warlock Irkit please

r/skaven - So what everyone thoughts on the Skaven rumors + leak from SG Warhound

on the Stormcast  all we got is Poster guy but that more on the speculation side whether or not he character or just a unique hero unit

I think we might get a new Hallowed Knight character possibly their own Lord Commander? 

• Like 1