The Rumour Thread

Just now, Tonhel said:

I could be wrong, but I don't see GW release for AoS Chaos dwarfs, new CoS dwarfs and a much needed second wave to FS and KO in one edition. 

Well this edition we get kruelboyz, S2D, seraphons, CoS, stormcasts, FeC, Darkoath, Orruks, and i'm sure that I miss some.

FS, KO and idoneth should get the same release in term of size as orruks and darkoath, skaven like kruelboyz and stormcast same as every new edition. 

Still plenty of space for dispossessed, chaos dwarves and many more 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I could be wrong, but I don't see GW release for AoS Chaos dwarfs, new CoS dwarfs and a much needed second wave for FS and KO in one edition. 

Unless that edition is based in Chamon and it is called the Era of the Dwarf/ Era of the not-so-tall people.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yes, what we have not seen are the new StD Chaos Warriors in WoC.

image.png.d783a6ff0f5cd253386a775dd55cb58d.png

This changes everything. Now that we know 8th edition dwarfs are in TOW it means the current dispossessed minis have a timer over their head. I don’t see them being dual use when GW wants to really differentiate AoS and TOW.

I don’t see Cities dwarfs going out either, especially after being name dropped some times in Dawnbringers. I hope they get a range refresh as soon as possible. Something Darkoath size would be nice.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

This changes everything. Now that we know 8th edition dwarfs are in TOW it means the current dispossessed minis have a timer over their head. I don’t see them being dual use when GW wants to really differentiate AoS and TOW.

I don’t see Cities dwarfs going out either, especially after being name dropped some times in Dawnbringers. I hope they get a range refresh as soon as possible. Something Darkoath size would be nice.

And the named hero of the box is Grombrindal? But also playable cross-dawi factions.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say here at all.

Are you not aware that people are buying both new and old models for TOW? Do you think thats not happening? Do you think the only people playing are old player with old armies. Because thats certainly not the case.

The point is very simple, Fantasy was a game that GW killed due to low sales and profits.

To think that in a massive way and the majority of TOW or old Fantasy players are going to renew their armies with more expensive miniatures is to be very optimistic or oblivious to reality. And of course Fantasy players buy AoS miniatures, from the beginning it happened with the Blood Warriors/Reavers.

But a minority and this will continue to be the case, the majority will do the same thing they did 15 years ago, buy cheaper alternatives or continue with their already closed army with some specific purchase.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don’t see Cities dwarfs going out either, especially after being name dropped some times in Dawnbringers.

I may be wrong, but I still think that GW will let COS gradually become human-centred. It may not happen in a single edition, but I'd say at most during the 5th it will be done. They won't mind not following what they've written in previous books (referring to the Dispossessed Dawnbringers content).

The 8th edition WHB dwarves are already visible in TOW stuff and dark aelfs already have the ground prepared by lore to disappear (tensions between humans and aelfs following Morathi's machinations).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Cities dwarfs… *snip* Something Darkoath size would be nice.

Not gonna happen.

They certainly hope for it, but they‘ll never be Darkoath sized!  🫶

Go write another haiku in your little diary, you overgrown stumps! 🥴

Edited by MitGas
  • Confused 1

I know it was stated, but is the Darkoath expansion maybe a glimpse of what we could get with COS? We could easily get a dwarf expansion of like 5 warscrolls that could be used alongside COS or as their own subfaction. We have seen 40K do this with the new Kroot, even though it's a much larger expansion. From a gameplay standpoint many of the armies are fleshed out and while many just want models as cool concepts to add to an army there has to be a balance between the two. COS seems like it was left completely open from a design space so that it could continually add things to it over time. Look at all the extra units Nighthaunt has gotten since it's original release. I could see a similar pattern for COS. Unfortunately, from a logistics and business perspective the process to give us what we want is very slow!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

Sorry, someone has the post with the suppossed skaven miniatures renovations? That whitefang likes. I cant find It.

From @SG Warhound

New 4th edition rumours

DANGER:

Plague Censer

Rat Swarms

Giant Rats

Gutter Runners

Refresh:

seer、warlock、moulder

clanrats、stormvermin

ALL WEAPONTEAMS

Jezzails、Globadiers

Rat Ogors

NEW:

new warlock

new warlord

new verminlord

new artillery

new behemoth

new wolfrats

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Not gonna happen.

They certainly hope for it, but they‘ll never be Darkoath sized!  🫶

Go write another haiku in your little diary, you overgrown stumps! 🥴

Why not ?

A named character or named character hero squad (like they love doing now), at least one hero (dwarfs are short *ahem* the right size so the sprue should be smaller than a mounted hero so you can have 2 for 1), a basic melee unit, a basic ranged unit, a modest centerpiece like a war machine. Maybe an elite unit if you’re feeling fancy.

This is certainly enough to build a subfaction around. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And the named hero of the box is Grombrindal? But also playable cross-dawi factions.

Everything that has a faction in TOW disappears from AoS, example BOC.

Or disappear from TOW, example Skaven.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vagard said:

First step done, current Ironbreakers and irondrakes are in TOW, as well as the runelord. So if my theory of minis will not be present in both games at the same time, maybe a dispossessed wave is on the way

Personally, I think if they intend to keep elves and dwarves in Cities, then it makes sense to push out model updates soon. It would be much preferable compared to dragging the old Fantasy models along for another edition while humans get more and more developed. I really hope they decide to give Cities as much attention in 4th as Slaves to Darkness got in 3rd. If they do, we will have a fully developed, bespoke Cities range by the start of 5th.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Personally, I think if they intend to keep elves and dwarves in Cities, then it makes sense to push out model updates soon. It would be much preferable compared to dragging the old Fantasy models along for another edition while humans get more and more developed. I really hope they decide to give Cities as much attention in 4th as Slaves to Darkness got in 3rd. If they do, we will have a fully developed, bespoke Cities range by the start of 5th.

GW moves at a glacial pace for anything that isn’t more space marines, but if they’re to upgrade Cities to S2D levels, they can’t do it in one wave - they’ll need to be a mini wave during the end of edition campaign (which could definitely happen) or pump them up with Warcry bands and monsters (pretty unlikely).

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

GW moves at a glacial pace for anything that isn’t more space marines, but if they’re to upgrade Cities to S2D levels, they can’t do it in one wave - they’ll need to be a mini wave during the end of edition campaign (which could definitely happen) or pump them up with Warcry bands and monsters (pretty unlikely).

I don't think this scenario is impossible:

- Battletome update with a few kits for Ironweld and Devoted to Sigmar.

- Mini dwarf wave sometime, maybe as part of an event box or something. The whole subfaction is just two unit kits, two heroes and the Gyrocopter right now. They can be updates in one go if GW pushes for it.

- Another Underworlds warband or two.

- Another Warcry warband or two.

- Dark elves during the end of Edition campaign.

S2D and Soulblight updated all their old stuff over a few big releases. I don't see why this should be impossible to do with Cities as they currently are (mostly humans, some dwarves, some elves).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

- Mini dwarf wave sometime, maybe as part of an event box or something. The whole subfaction is just two unit kits, two heroes and the Gyrocopter right now. They can be updates in one go if GW pushes for it.

S2D and Soulblight updated all their old stuff over a few big releases. I don't see why this should be impossible to do with Cities as they currently are (mostly humans, some dwarves, some elves).

I also think most "future wave" Cities designs (at least looking into possible shortish term stuff) would probably have been designed with what we have already seen.

Not much of a reason to develop all sorts of iconography for new Cults Unberogen and then just do literally nothing with it.

And a surprise Dispossessed mini-wave would send me to an early grave from shock. It'd be glorious!!!

45 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Why not ?

A named character or named character hero squad (like they love doing now), at least one hero (dwarfs are short *ahem* the right size so the sprue should be smaller than a mounted hero so you can have 2 for 1), a basic melee unit, a basic ranged unit, a modest centerpiece like a war machine. Maybe an elite unit if you’re feeling fancy.

This is certainly enough to build a subfaction around. 

Naturally, due to your short stature, my joke flew right over your head! Read my last post again or it'll mutate and grow legs (chicken legs obviously).

I feel like there should be a whole short chapter about me in your self-help booklet! I deserve this and much more, perhaps a shiny golden crown!

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was more seeing :

- BT update with a human centric wave of kits - new flagellants, new warrior priest, bombardier-major ans sub-marshal. Maybe an elf or two just like we got the ogre.
- Mini dwarf wave during the end of edition campaign

- Sprinkle in some Underworlds and a Warcry band
- Get rid of Dark Elves to make room for Malerion & co saying "they were spies the whole time ! Now they fled to join the new Malerion faction !". 

I don't know if SBGL is a good example for updating old stuff, they still have many old kits that beg to be redone (grave guard, black knights, foot wight king, necromancer, even the corpse cart could use a glow up).

Seems like it isnt on anyones wishlist but i would love to see new Scourge Privateers. Dispossesed are great too. I cant wait to see what plans they have for CoS. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Seems like it isnt on anyones wishlist but i would love to see new Scourge Privateers. Dispossesed are great too. I cant wait to see what plans they have for CoS. 

I am on the line of those who think that Duardins have more chances to stay than Delfs. They have been mentioned way more lately. If Delfs go, who would you put for the Privateers? Humans?

• Like 2