The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Finally! Sad you lost your source :(

agreed, it'll be interesting to see if the final db has any hints at the skaven narrative. If the abraxia box is reasonably priced I might be tempted too, varanguard are such an expensive box on their own and if abraxia is worth as much as ionus solo then the db box might be a huge bargain.

15 minutes ago, Luperci said:

agreed, it'll be interesting to see if the final db has any hints at the skaven narrative. If the abraxia box is reasonably priced I might be tempted too, varanguard are such an expensive box on their own and if abraxia is worth as much as ionus solo then the db box might be a huge bargain.

Yeah, I am expecting this one and the Ionus one to be the best 2 in terms of pricing. In fact I expect this one to have a bit less discount than the Ionus one cause the price rises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Because AoS sells less than 40k.

Sure but at least get some different style in beside just Hammer and bolter animation cartoon that looks very cheap sometimes. 

more you know put some work on your other setting for a change

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

Sure but at least get some different style in beside just Hammer and bolter animation cartoon that looks very cheap sometimes. 

It is the cheaper option. If it is either that or nothing... I get it is better than nothing.

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

I'm still sceptical regarding a translation of 40k to "live-action" I think the OTT nature of the settings fits animation better, although I would like to be convinced by something live-action (Most likely 40k based).

As for AoS, a decent-quality animated series runs at a production budget of around $1 million a 20/25min episode. However, you could go to town and do something like Arcane which ran around 50 min per episode and cost $10 million an episode. I really hope the Amazon deal goes through and we see a bunch of Warhammer shows. If the 40k stuff is successful I don't see why they wouldn't explore the Mortal Realms as a setting as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is the cheaper option. If it is either that or nothing... I get it is better than nothing.

Yeah but it show they not really trying or they are disinterested with the setting .

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yeah but it show they not really trying or they are disinterested with the setting .

That's a bit of a stretch. I personally prefer 2D animation to 3D so I don't mind, both are a significant investment from GW's side. In terms of the live action thing yeah it's gonna be 40k because brand recognition, also as an art form, animation is still seen by a lot of people as a lower form ot media than live action so that's why it's LA. Ie. If someone hears about a Warhammer animation, a lot of people will think "oh like a cartoon for kids". And animation projects don't get featured on the same stage as LA projects when it comes to big film and television awards, stuff like that.

39 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I'm still sceptical regarding a translation of 40k to "live-action" I think the OTT nature of the settings fits animation better, although I would like to be convinced by something live-action (Most likely 40k based).

As for AoS, a decent-quality animated series runs at a production budget of around $1 million a 20/25min episode. However, you could go to town and do something like Arcane which ran around 50 min per episode and cost $10 million an episode. I really hope the Amazon deal goes through and we see a bunch of Warhammer shows. If the 40k stuff is successful I don't see why they wouldn't explore the Mortal Realms as a setting as well. 

I have the feeling that a videogame would be the one opening the game. The setting is more in line with gamers, and with a successful videogame, they will try the series.

36 minutes ago, novakai said:

If putting more money means we get a 1 episode series like the Broken Lance one, I prefer a bit less quality "graphic-wise" but with more screen time so we get more narrative.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Luperci said:

That's a bit of a stretch. I personally prefer 2D animation to 3D so I don't mind, both are a significant investment from GW's side. In terms of the live action thing yeah it's gonna be 40k because brand recognition, also as an art form, animation is still seen by a lot of people as a lower form ot media than live action so that's why it's LA. Ie. If someone hears about a Warhammer animation, a lot of people will think "oh like a cartoon for kids". And animation projects don't get featured on the same stage as LA projects when it comes to big film and television awards, stuff like that.

It the perception of it by the general audience, like it fine that AoS get less stuff on Warhammer + then 40K but the ratio is not 1 in 3 or even 1 to 4. It’s like 1.5 out of 10. So in a way it feel like more neglect then an actual attempt on Sigmar content.

it like we not asking much but a sense they trying to build up animation for sigmar not just be an afterthought on their App

edit: also my argument is not really with live action show or Amazon but rather the quality of stuff on Warhammer +

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

It the perception of it by the general audience, like it fine that AoS get less stuff on Warhammer + then 40K but the ratio is not 1 in 3 or even 1 to 4. It’s like 1.5 out of 10. So in a way it feel like more neglect then an actual attempt on Sigmar content.

it like we not asking much but a sense they trying to build up animation for sigmar not just be an afterthought on their App

edit: also my argument is not really with live action show or Amazon but rather the quality of stuff on Warhammer +

Btw, on the topic of AoS being neglected vs 40k (in general, not just W+). I added yesterday a counter to the RE Tracker site so we know how many REs are being shown all the time and it is interesting that AoS got more solved REs than 40k.

Posted (edited)

I totally forgot I had the interview with @Chikout scheduled for this morning!

If you want something exclusive from Japan (like some 40k heroes series) you know who to contact ;) :P 

EDIT: If someone wants to participate in the interviews just drop me a private message.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 10

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, on the topic of AoS being neglected vs 40k (in general, not just W+). I added yesterday a counter to the RE Tracker site so we know how many REs are being shown all the time and it is interesting that AoS got more solved REs than 40k.

not surprise because AOS modeling team seem to be the more involved and favorite child of the two. Not to mention 40k models don't...........innovate (there a better word that i can't think rn) as much so whenever they need to tease something it defeat the purpose to show off a bolter that people know for sure going to be part of the Space marine codex or the Aeldari looking sword to be part of a phoenix lord or whatever

• Like 2

I hope your source didn't get into any trouble on account of the rumors we've been getting.

15 hours ago, Elarin said:

I expect Dawnbringers to be announced this or next Sunday as I know that the Gunnar's Oathbound have already been sent to some people. 

In other news: my source no longer works for GW; however, I don't expect the launch box to be available to pre-order on the 15th of June. Currently, the 29th is the most likely date.

• Like 2

So less then a week a ways for the 4th edition reveal and i for one believe they will show the roadmap in the same manner as 40k 10th (they got an entire stream to do so) since it obvious they doing much of the launch in a similar way

10th Edition Codex Roadmap : r/WarhammerCompetitive

so let make a little game out of it 

what you guys say would be the first 5 battletomes come out post Stormcast & Skaven.

I'll record the guess & let see who here can guess all/most of them correctly (order doesn't count)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So less then a week a ways for the 4th edition reveal and i for one believe they will show the roadmap in the same manner as 40k 10th (they got an entire stream to do so) since it obvious they doing much of the launch in a similar way

10th Edition Codex Roadmap : r/WarhammerCompetitive

so let make a little game out of it 

what you guys say would be the first 5 battletomes come out post Stormcast & Skaven.

I'll record the guess & let see who here can guess all/most of them correctly (order doesn't count)

Just 5? :P

They showed 9! I didn't remember they were that much. It will be nuts if they show us 9.

1. Slaves to Darkness.
2. Kruleboys (or Warclans if they are not split).
3. Silvaneth.
4. Nurgle.
5. Nighthaunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Asbestress said:

This one feels even more weird, because we have these Freeguild guard that look nothing like the minis, with the Hammerhal Aqsha transfer behind them that only appears on said minis.

Imho they were probably not given any proper Cities designs to work with (apart from Callis and Toll and city iconography) and probably just based these conquistadors on either earlier concept art or Callis (his equipment is kinda similar).

yeah good call tbh, i can definitely see it being a "made it generic, but not too generic" decision, like the armor only had to fit into high fantasy, not look like Old Empire, and not be overly specific.

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

yeah good call tbh, i can definitely see it being a "made it generic, but not too generic" decision, like the armor only had to fit into high fantasy, not look like Old Empire, and not be overly specific.

image.png.682d6ceb8950c88a355079b382ffa083.png

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They showed 9! I didn't remember they were that much. It will be nuts if they show us 9.

1. Slaves to Darkness.
3. Silvaneth.
4. Nurgle.
5. Nighthaunt.

1 and 2 are Skaven and Stormcast. 3 I predict Gloomspite or Kruleboyz. 4 will most likely be SBGL. 5 is a wildcard, but I predict Fyreslayers and the first major expansion and lore event. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Either way they have that design to go to if they ever want to use in the future just like those Emperor Children designs 

if they want to it can be the nu-haldert elite version of the Steehelms it sort has a closer design to them they they do with the empire

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

1. Slaves to Darkness.
3. Silvaneth.
4. Nurgle.
5. Nighthaunt.

got it first bet made

I'll respond with a thank you to show that i written thing down

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

1 and 2 are Skaven and Stormcast. 3 I predict Gloomspite or Kruleboyz. 4 will most likely be SBGL. 5 is a wildcard, but I predict Fyreslayers and the first major expansion and lore event. 

SCE and skaven are already a given you still got 2 more slots if you want to give then

Posted (edited)

1 Orruk Warclans

2 Fyreslayers

3 FEC 

4 Disciples of Tzeentch 

5 Maggotkin of Nurgle 

I expect a Daemons release in the big winter release slot. I think we will be getting Chorfs the year after that. I think Warclans,  FEC and Fyreslayers will get a early tome because they already have been part of Dawnbringers and they wont be involved in much lore the next edition. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

1 Orruk Warclans

2 Fyreslayers

3 FEC 

4 Disciples of Tzeentch 

5 Maggotkin of Nurgle 

I expect a Daemons release in the big winter release slot. I think we will be getting Chorfs the year after that. I think Warclans,  FEC and Fyreslayers will get a early tome because they already have been part of Dawnbringers and they wont be involved in much lore the next edition. 

Fyreslayers should logically be be getting a lot. They're in due for an update and live in Aqshy, which is the primary setting for this edition. And there's the old Dwarfs vs Skaven rivalry to capitalize on.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Fyreslayers should logically be be getting a lot. They're in due for an update and live in Aqshy, which is the primary setting for this edition. And there's the old Dwarfs vs Skaven rivalry to capitalize on.  

I expect Kharadron Overlords vs Chorfs. GSG vs Skaven as Skragrott declared war on them. I also hope for a Dispossesed update for a CoS 2nd wave. Just think GW wont be covering Fyreslayers for such a long period, maybe to the end of the edition but not so soon.

Edited by Gitzdee

First five books, four with just a hero and one bigger release if we follow the 40k model. 

1- slaves to darkness with chaos sorcerer hero

2- Nighthaunt with updated Banshee

3- Seraphon with  saurus hero. Sorry no new temple guard. 

4- gloomspite with 4 or 5 new kits, gitmob expansion and armoured troggoths. 

5- Soulblight Gravelords with new necromancer 

Next summer I'm hoping for a big update for Fyreslayers and/or IDK. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3