The Rumour Thread

New rat leak could be another engineer from the starter set, rather than a weapon team?  Though it doesn't look totally like a hero model, it is on its own separate sprue, which is kinda interesting.

If we do see any sort of roadmap I'd expect it to be very light, aside from whatever production issues are ongoing, the back half of a new edition year is typically not very heavy on additional releases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

That, I think, is the key issue for whether or not an army returning to TOW affects AoS factions. Soulblight have had new models for most of their core units, and said new models wouldn’t work ranked up on square bases and have their own design language distinct to AoS - a Soulblight Vampire doesn’t look like a Van Carstein of old - so even if Vampire Counts return to TOW they should be relatively safe bar Graveguard and Black Knights.

Compare that to our sadly departed armies, who never had an AoS refresh and so still had their WHFB aesthetic. If GW want to keep the two ranges from crossing over, then removing Beasts of Chaos was the only option. 

Seraphon are the faction my friends are currently discussing. They, and Gloomspite, differ from Soulblight because they have had new models but the WHFB aesthetic is pretty much unchanged from their Lizardmen and Night Goblin origins. If Lustria ever becomes part of the plans, i do wonder what their fate will be.

Seraphon is more high-tech like that they were before. That's the distinction in the army, even if they still look something similar.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, woolf said:

BoC lore of "destroying civilisation" kinda fits Destruction GA better than Chaos, and it would allow them to flesh out GA Destruction a bit more - so more balance between GAs 

No, Destruction is not about "bringing the civilisation and whole reality to a primordial sludge". Destruction is about "destroy the castle, let them rebuild, repeat".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

New rat leak could be another engineer from the starter set, rather than a weapon team?  Though it doesn't look totally like a hero model, it is on its own separate sprue, which is kinda interesting.

If we do see any sort of roadmap I'd expect it to be very light, aside from whatever production issues are ongoing, the back half of a new edition year is typically not very heavy on additional releases.

I think this one is not from the big box, but from the follow-up releases.

Ok guys, new Sherlock Holmes post!!!!

image.png.da55759588dd183dcbb197b3c0c986ee.png

Seems like there's a new leaked skaven sprue!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!

So, as usual, it's time for some deduction and cold analysis, and trying to guess what the heck is this

WHAT IS ON THE SPRUE?

1) A sprue of 10 parts

2) A singular body, divided on 2 parts, one with the tail

3) Tactical rock for left foot

4) Two arms, one holding a spheric weapon, the other with a tunneler thing

5) A backpack (confirmed by Op after building the mini)

6) The tunneler thing (5) goes inside the cannon-thing

7) This is a complete sprue, no more models atached (confirmed by Op after building the mini)

😎 Helmet doesnt look very heroic

9) It doesnt look too much push-to-fit

10) Not multimodular

GW PATTERNS

a) Character sprues tend to have between 10-15 parts on their sprues (8 on the rocket engineer, f.e.)

b) There was a weapon on a dawnbringers short story similar to this thing

c) Weapon teams tend to be wielded by 2 crew, but this could change on a concept level

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS THEN

A) It can be a new engineer model, because of 3) and 2).

B) It could be a new weapon team. 7) is a big contender against it, but c) and 😎 are good advocators for the contrary

C) New thing, neither a character nor weapon team, something that comes out in singular models.

CONCLUSION

If I had to guess, this seems to me like it could be either B) or C), or maybe a new unsuspected A). What makes me think that I'm wrong on C) is that there are no precedents for singular non-character units on the skaven army, at least. And 10) makes the weapon-team thing more doubtish.

So, Im torn up between A) and B). And I'd say, it's possibly? a mix of the two: weapon teams are going to be converted onto "engineers". But, just to let it written, Im not 100% about this statement. Not even 50%...

Alltho, Im more certain it's either the plasmancer or the galvaneer that SG Warhound talked about.

Also, cool to see skaven leaks, give me more. Can't never have enough of them.

Edited by Garrac

@SG Warhound earlier mentioned there's a new warlock galvaneer with warpvolt obliterators. I think the leaked mini is that. Also is it push fit? That would confirm more models in the box than we saw in the trailer. 

Edit Great minds and all that. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Magnusaur said:

Lovely looking new Skaven! I hope GW doesn't catch wind and changes today's reveal to be this instead!

IMO it would depend if this is part of the big box or not. If it is part of the box, we could see this happening. If it is from the follow-up waves, it is not likely.

5 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Lovely looking new Skaven! I hope GW doesn't catch wind and changes today's reveal to be this instead!

If they didnt show the artillery thing leaked (confirmed 100000% to be on the box) they wont care about this

1 minute ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Can confrm it is Galvolt obliterators

Source?

20 minutes ago, woolf said:

Tbh I think there is some merit in a Kragnos-army theory. 

If we assume the design team was working on a revamped BoC line and as part of that discovery work realized that the updated line would fit more into Destruction, they would solve a number of things (which I believe would make the decision logical). A few observations:

- BoC lore of "destroying civilisation" kinda fits Destruction GA better than Chaos, and it would allow them to flesh out GA Destruction a bit more - so more balance between GAs 

- Removing current BoC from AoS, gives them the opportunity to place it in TOW, breathing more energy into that system which would make the Forgeworld profit center and stakeholders happy. A revamp within AoS and re-placing them into destruction would mean retcon the lore which is kinda bad

- Adding a "new" Kragnos lead line on top might have been too close to BoC look and feel to co-exist

- The different <ChaosGod>-gors would naturally fold into those battletomes respectively, Chaos monsters would have to be removed, replaced by new stuff probably along same lines in terms of visual identity but very different lore as not Chaos but Destruction instead

The good thing is if that would hold true, we would probably be looking at BoC descendant faction in a couple of years (although I suppose more like 4-5yrs than 1-2...)

Yes, and honestly, I would find it weird that they lead the  lore of the Beastmen so close to a new release (or at least to somwhere) during Broken Realms, just to scrap everything because of old world. I would understand why they would want to change the beasts as we know them to destruction, and I find that they fit at least as well in this role as in chaos. But I do not think that they would scrap the WHOLE assets and the design (and probably the minis that got designed to), they would or will at least reuse them or a part of those (be it just the base assets) to some degree in another fraction, at least if the lore really seemed to lead to a refresh!

The lore is changeable (as we have already seen because of financial reasons), but the effort of the design team and everything behind such a big release? I wouldn't be so sure!

Also, there have been some intriguing lore entries in the white dwarf #498 as a reddit user posted here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/1bbntk5/galletian_bestiary_from_new_wd/

Here are the images: We do see some more lore and wildlife, not to mention the silent ones who got also already posted here if I remember correctly. What is even more intriguing, ist that we have a mention of a non-chaotic cockatrice, so this would still be a hint about a future possibilty! Here are the images again:

Spoiler

Warhammer1.webp.bd4e9f5bd43044468b6219cddb17ac95.webp

Warhammer2.webp.82af2d3bfe08b6d002d0535c04204f3f.webp

Warhammer3.webp.c53395354d402596b39ad91bc70e18e0.webp

Warhammer4.webp.361731be3e6f75f75ac3688fbbd560b5.webp

Warhammer5.webp.7b1522aff83a193ff34c4253eb070593.webp

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Son Of Morghur said:

Yes, and honestly, I would find it weird that they lead the  lore of the Beastmen so close to a new release (or at least to somwhere) during Broken Realms, just to scrap everything because of old world. I would understand why they would want to change the beasts as we know them to destruction, and I find that they fit at least as well in this role as in chaos. But I do not think that they would scrap the WHOLE assets and the design (and probably the minis that got designed to), they would or will at least reuse them or a part of those (be it just the base assets) to some degree in another fraction, at least if the lore really seemed to lead to a refresh!

The lore is changeable (as we have already seen because of financial reasons), but the effort of the design team and everything behind such a big release? I wouldn't be so sure!

Also, there have been some intriguing lore entries in the white dwarf #498 as a reddit user posted here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/1bbntk5/galletian_bestiary_from_new_wd/

Here are the images: We do see some more lore and wildlife, not to mention the silent ones who got also already posted here if I remember correctly. What is even more intriguing, ist that we have a mention of a non-chaotic cockatrice, so this would still be a hint about a future possibilty! Here are the images again:

Hide contents

Warhammer1.webp.bd4e9f5bd43044468b6219cddb17ac95.webp

Warhammer2.webp.82af2d3bfe08b6d002d0535c04204f3f.webp

Warhammer3.webp.c53395354d402596b39ad91bc70e18e0.webp

Warhammer4.webp.361731be3e6f75f75ac3688fbbd560b5.webp

Warhammer5.webp.7b1522aff83a193ff34c4253eb070593.webp

The problem with the content of the WD is that it is very likely discarded content from the Season of War: Gallet book, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO it would depend if this is part of the big box or not. If it is part of the box, we could see this happening. If it is from the follow-up waves, it is not likely.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

If they didnt show the artillery thing leaked (confirmed 100000% to be on the box) they wont care about this

Good point!

9 minutes ago, michu said:

No, Destruction is not about "bringing the civilisation and whole reality to a primordial sludge". Destruction is about "destroy the castle, let them rebuild, repeat".

Destruction is two kids each building a snowfort, throwing snowballs at eachother, and then smashing each other's fort to bits with shovels before doing the same thing again tomorrow.  Sometimes they instead crush another kid's fort, when that kid just wanted to trade cool looking icicles (Order).  Chaos is the volcano that melts all the forts and makes it so it can never snow again.

In other words, the point of the creation is that it's fun to knock it down.  It's the same reason people make lines of Dominos; it's kinetic energy just waiting to be unleashed!  Chaos wants there to be no creation and for nothing to ever be built up again.

• Thanks 1

Gotta say tho, this leaked sprue doesnt look like very multimodular to me, nor it leaves room for other sprues. I legit think if weapon teams come, on this way or the other, they wont be using this kit.

33 minutes ago, woolf said:

Tbh I think there is some merit in a Kragnos-army theory. 

If we assume the design team was working on a revamped BoC line and as part of that discovery work realized that the updated line would fit more into Destruction, they would solve a number of things (which I believe would make the decision logical). A few observations:

- BoC lore of "destroying civilisation" kinda fits Destruction GA better than Chaos, and it would allow them to flesh out GA Destruction a bit more - so more balance between GAs 

- Removing current BoC from AoS, gives them the opportunity to place it in TOW, breathing more energy into that system which would make the Forgeworld profit center and stakeholders happy. A revamp within AoS and re-placing them into destruction would mean retcon the lore which is kinda bad

- Adding a "new" Kragnos lead line on top might have been too close to BoC look and feel to co-exist

- The different <ChaosGod>-gors would naturally fold into those battletomes respectively, Chaos monsters would have to be removed, replaced by new stuff probably along same lines in terms of visual identity but very different lore as not Chaos but Destruction instead

The good thing is if that would hold true, we would probably be looking at BoC descendant faction in a couple of years (although I suppose more like 4-5yrs than 1-2...)

Very interesting reflection.
Look what happened to Tomb kings: the Ossiarchs are the tomb kings of Aos...now what? How will the beasts evolve? (or devolve, in this specific case 🙂

The non-deletion of the dedicated Bray herds (tzaangor and slaangor) portends two important things: 1) in the future we will see pestigor and khorngor 2) as was the case with the Ossiarchs in AOS 2E, I believe this edition will see a new narrative arc that will lead to a new Chaos faction.

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

The plastic skeletons that came before the Soublight skeletons and the graveguard (when AoS gets its proper AoS graveguard) are perfect to use again in TOW. A perfect range to come to TOW. But I think will see some Vampire Coast pirates before it. So still vampires, but less of a competition to Soulblight and easly trackable in sales.

I have a feeling they will explore this:Sartosan_Vampire_M01.jpg

🙂

Hell, I'd buy those old skeletons and this lord for aos lol.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, michu said:

The sprue suggests a single character

Or it could be model from a unit on an individual sprue for use as a miniature of the month like they did with a Votann and a Rotmire and probably others.