The Rumour Thread

57 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

So analyzing the vision from the short story:

The phoenix chicks obviously represent Phonecium itself. I think the lizard actually represents Abraxia's reptilian mount. They did state in order to cure the Flesh Eater Delusion she has to conquer a "certain place", but didn't tell us where. Maybe she has to conquer Phoenicium in order to get like some Aelven magics or something.

So Phonecium gets destroyed by Abraxia. 

Makes complete sense from a business perspective. Destroying that means that GW can write them out and put Phoenix Guard firmly in the old world, and open up the Lumineth for Phoenixes and some more Tyrionic units. Plus it means Lumineth will probably have some rules in DB6. 

Lore wise? Idk yeah why not. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

This looks like cash grab mobile game art. I know it's not but geez is that a step-down in art quality.

It reminds me a lot to the first edition art. Especially to the first ed big box.

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

of course he'll be missed... he was the bomb after all :')

everyone needs to chill out about the trailer IMHO.

we've seen the most stable veterans of the Ruination Chamber, coming out of retirement from monasteries. We have not seen the Stormcast being kept inside those Black Towers that Ionus is helping with.

the properly F'd up Ruination Chamber may only come after the launch box, which I'm fine with waiting for.

Maybe the Black Tower was just what we've called 'Monasteries'?

1 hour ago, Mcm6495 said:

I'm a loyal follower of Nagash and I was wondering if there were rumors about which might be the first death faction to receive his battletome.

Nothing from the 4th ed Battletomes so far.

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It reminds me a lot to the first edition art. Especially to the first ed big box.

I think it's the same artist, Raymond Swanland.  For what it's worth, I think it it looks good and matches his style.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sealven said:

I just got an email from Warhammer with some art I hadn't seen before.

Screenshot_20240322-094032.png.7000ec5a5d07e76ef2c7028df2517f9f.pngScreenshot_20240322-094058.png.9813b5342d32e65ae70c8fba50d6326d.pngScreenshot_20240322-094114.png.d71779ed0f2e541cb23cfb6dc80e2a3b.png

Looks like new Stormvermin are on the way

Wish I got these. I tried to subscribe to the Stormcast/ Skaven newsletters but just get "Oops something went wrong"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danaork said:

You too ?

I am wondering if it is a browser issue. It wasn't working on Chrome on PC or mobile so I used... Edge. I know, I know, don't look at me like that. It may have worked however. Only time will tell.

As a side note I really do hope we have Warcry pre orders this weekend. It's been a while now but we have now had spooky candle boys in a Dawnbringers short and pictured for the new 4 player mode and now we have just had a Lumineth story. I can't think what else could really be up for grabs next weekend. The River Temple needs to show their grave on the battlefield and it is time that Aelves get a time to shine in Warcry.

35 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe the Black Tower was just what we've called 'Monasteries'?

I doubt it, as there's already text that talks about the off-duty places Stormcast use for rest and relaxation?

I'm thinking tall and ominous Black Tower, probably with that obsidian-sheen to it, that just releases a swarm of lightning gheists out of all sides when needed.

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

So, instead of a 20 clanrats + 10 stormvermin box seems like we're looking at a 40 clanrats box.

I mean, clanrats on the leaks, clanrats on the trailer, clanrats on the artwork... I think the sooner we accept clanrats will get a refresh, the better.

No  , I am sticking with 20 clan rats + 10 stormvermin ( as 20 hobgrots + 10 gutrippaz in Dominion)

Do clanrats use spear ? In the background of the artwork maybe are storvermin ?

59 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

open up the Lumineth for Phoenixes and some more Tyrionic units. Plus it means Lumineth will probably have some rules in DB6. 

dearly hoping it puts some aelven units in COS too!!!

20 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Wish I got these. I tried to subscribe to the Stormcast/ Skaven newsletters but just get "Oops something went wrong"

i got a confirmation that my Stormcast sign up worked, but i've received zero Warhammer emails today... not sure why this would only be skaven?

56 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Lore wise? Idk yeah why not. 

I remember in AoS1 when there was the Seeds of Hope mini campaign. Order ended up winning that (of course) and it ended up with the founding of 3 Order cities - Greywater Fastness, Living City and Phoenicium. Now one of them is going down. It's a big deal for people who participated in the campaign (I did, one game, and I lost it) that they're using that material for new lore.
And it's not a small deal lore wise if the city goes down. My badly painted teenage minis (on square bases at the time) didn't lose my first ever AoS game for this !

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, cyrus said:

No  , I am sticking with 20 clan rats + 10 stormvermin ( as 20 hobgrots + 10 gutrippaz in Dominion)

Do clanrats use spear ? In the background of the artwork maybe are storvermin ?

1) We can clearly see spears here

image.png.757da76e5bdee68ca34f7b5528e98401.png

2) Clanrats have allways know to use spears

3) These guys or the guys from the trailer don't really look like stormvermin at all. Again, stormvermin are heavily armoured (literally) and wear hallberds.

4) Liked by Whitefang

5) When stormvermins get an update, it most probably won't be to make them poorer, but to make them look more big and elite, like what GW has done with all their updates for elite units so far

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

dearly hoping it puts some aelven units in COS too!!!

i got a confirmation that my Stormcast sign up worked, but i've received zero Warhammer emails today... not sure why this would only be skaven?

I also now have a confirmation email for "Welcome to the Forces of Order!" so yeah if anyone else has issues trying to sign up to them it does seem to be a browser issue, try another one.

1 minute ago, Captaniser said:

Fun Adepticon fact:

Some cursed knowledge has been bestowed upon me.

If any of you play Killteam at Adepticon this year, you will be doing so in the exact spot where the Dashcon ball pit stood

Hide contents

Billede

Billede

Haha! Everyone in to the Adepticon dice jail!

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

3) These guys or the guys from the trailer don't really look like stormvermin at all. Again, stormvermin are heavily armoured (literally) and wear hallberds.

4) Liked by Whitefang

5) When stormvermins get an update, it most probably won't be to make them poorer, but to make them look more big and elite, like what GW has done with all their updates for elite units so far

i think we need to Occam's Razor this: new clanrat LEADERS have a Stormvermin-looking helmet.

whether these leaders become Stormvermin or whatever might be the better question? we know there's sword/board SV but you're right that this one isn't armored enough.

So it's probably just Clanrat unit leader.

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

i think we need to Occam's Razor this: new clanrat LEADERS have a Stormvermin-looking helmet.

whether these leaders become Stormvermin or whatever might be the better question? we know there's sword/board SV but you're right that this one isn't armored enough.

So it's probably just Clanrat unit leader.

Clawleaders have allways looked like that, helmet and all.

image.png.10680b895e0c3d1710ca6aa3d1d88a96.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Just enjoying the absolute awesomeness of Helldivers 2, and it just struck me, it is perfect as a template for an AoS game. Stormcast literally drop in in lightning like Heldivers in pods, and fight hordes of enemies, and there are vast realms for use in an equivalent to the galactic war.

Make this game GW you cowards!!

FOR LIBERTY AND DEMOCRACY!! Helldivers 2 is by far the best gaming experience Ive had in the past decade.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I see this for established players. But on the other hand, as someone who does not currently have a Stormcast army, I am closer to starting one than ever before.

Between Thunderstrike and Ruination, I am really into their aesthetic right now. If I can find a sub-30 model list that I like, I will probably be starting the army next edition,

We would get new models just not new units.

In other words, old 1st Ed Liberators get replaced by new 4oS Liberators using Thunderstrike armour. 

Rather than something like us having Retributors (big 1st Ed dudes with two handed weapons) and the. Annihilators (big Thunderstrike dudes with two handed weapons) Two really, really similar units.

That’s how we’ve ended up with - in my opinion - a bloated roster for SCE.  I think we have eight or nine different types of folks with bows…

I am sure we could par that down a bit.

I want shiny new Thunderstrike and Ruinination stuff…but there are plenty of old sculpts that can be replaced or updated rather than adding more units.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

I am wondering if it is a browser issue. It wasn't working on Chrome on PC or mobile so I used... Edge. I know, I know, don't look at me like that. It may have worked however. Only time will tell.

As a side note I really do hope we have Warcry pre orders this weekend. It's been a while now but we have now had spooky candle boys in a Dawnbringers short and pictured for the new 4 player mode and now we have just had a Lumineth story. I can't think what else could really be up for grabs next weekend. The River Temple needs to show their grave on the battlefield and it is time that Aelves get a time to shine in Warcry.

I used Edge as well and all worked without problem.

54 minutes ago, Garrac said:

image.png.757da76e5bdee68ca34f7b5528e98401.png

4) Liked by Whitefang

If I have to say spear or sword, those from the rounded area are swords.

• Confused 1