The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Quick thought:

So we know the Ruination chamber is coming and we also know that we are going to be getting updated Warrior chamber stuff.

What if Gardus is getting a Ruination chamber model?

Gardus has died several times now and the current Ruination Chamber that first arrived are from the Hallowed Knights. What if he has died a bit one too many times and returns in Updated Ruination armour to lead?

Would be weird. If we have a candidate is Vandus. We didn't have clues about this happening to Gardus.

4 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Quick thought:

So we know the Ruination chamber is coming and we also know that we are going to be getting updated Warrior chamber stuff.

What if Gardus is getting a Ruination chamber model?

Gardus has died several times now and the current Ruination Chamber that first arrived are from the Hallowed Knights. What if he has died a bit one too many times and returns in Updated Ruination armour to lead?

Not a chance, he has died twice now and has been reforged once (unless you count when he died as a mortal). He has just died for the 2nd time as a stormcast against Brodd so he's due to be remodeled into something new. 

really genuinely believe he will be getting a Lord-Commander model now with this wave. 

5 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Not a chance, he has died twice now and has been reforged once (unless you count when he died as a mortal). He has just died for the 2nd time as a stormcast against Brodd so he's due to be remodeled into something new. 

really genuinely believe he will be getting a Lord-Commander model now with this wave. 

From what I remember about Gardus:

*He dies once during the Realmgate Wars.

*He dies again during Broken Realms: Be'lakor.

*He dies another time against Brodd in Dawnbringers.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BarakUrbaz said:

From what I remember about Gardus:

*He dies once during the Realmgate Wars.

*He dies again during Broken Realms: Be'lakor.

*He dies another time against Brodd in Dawnbringers.

Thank you, wasnt sure if it was twice or thrice :D 

Just now, Cdance93 said:

Does The Black Pyramid take place post broken realms? Because he's very much with it in that one and also in the Dawnbringers chronicles. 

Black Pyramid actually takes place before the Necroquake I believe. 

12 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Lord Commander Gardus does sound awesome

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Black Pyramid actually takes place before the Necroquake I believe. 

Yeah. The Black Pyramid being skavened is what caused the Necroquake.

Edited by Ejecutor

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There were doubts between him and Gavriel.

Whitefang's Seal of Approval.

EDIT: And he put a confused reaction on this one, so it gotta be Gavriel:

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord Kroak said:

So the whole "Sigmar lied" thing that was built up, that was just the fact that Stormcast lose a little part of themselves every time they reforge? In other words, the thing that we've known about Stormcast since they were first released a decade ago, because GW's writers saw Game of Thrones season 3 episode 2 and thought Beric Dondarrion's statement about becoming a little less every time he resurrects was pretty cool?

Meh, I would've preferred an actual twist of some kind, like Sigmar turning out to be dyslexic and accidentally opening the Urination Chamber, leading to floods of sewage in Azyrheim and a reason for the skaven to feel right at home. 

Im kind off miff the Ruination chamber is basically of now this meme

Of course they only shown off just 4 models (and 2 leaked) so maybe there still something  in the work 

1711075339660940.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

So long Gavriel, I don't know if you will be missed?

AoS characters seem to me to be struggling to gain popularity, so a secondary character like Gavriel... I think that, apart from the enthusiasts like here, a lot of people won't even realise that he doesn't exist any more. 

Even though I'm keen to see the AoS lore develop, I think Stormcast BT needs to thin out (SM syndrome). If "useless" entries can disappear without being replaced, that seems to me to be going in the right direction for this army.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Draznak said:

AoS characters seem to me to be struggling to gain popularity, so a secondary character like Gavriel... I think that, apart from the enthusiasts like here, a lot of people won't even realise that he doesn't exist any more. 

Even though I'm keen to see the AoS lore develop, I think Stormcast BT needs to thin out (SM syndrome). If "useless" entries can disappear without being replaced, that seems to me to be going in the right direction for this army.

It's just gonna take time for these characters to have some staying power in the minds of us consumers of the content, doesn't help that a lot of factions outside of SCE only have 1 named character mini or none at all. With the SCE, a lot of them just look kinda same-ey even with how cool the new neave model is, she is just a stormcast with different weapons and a cloak. If more named characters were like abraxia or krethusa I reckon they'd be more iconic.

• Like 4

I do find Black Library books have done a much better job over time to flesh out very good and interesting characters compared to some earlier entries and named units having more story to them is always going to be a massive help and, for me, more willingness to buy a character even if they aren't good on the table.

Tbh I don't even collect DoK but the later loremasters on Krethusa makes me want her and if they ever release Heldannar Fall...

16 hours ago, Garrac said:

That's now how they managed Leviathan, but, granted, @EonChaois probably right and now they want to milk It more and avoid bad PR.

Id say tho the hype train for 10th was Great until It was revealed that whole points-are-now-power-levels drama 

Power level, or points how we have them in aos, were always better design. I was happy at this change but I don't play 40k much. Weird that good design was one of the things that pissed people off the most. Hopefully the AoS community gets upset at something that is bad rather than good if we do.

16 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Okay, so about the fate of Khul and Vandus in the last Dawnbringers book.

Reveal hidden contents

During the preview, the announcer said that we will also see an end to Khul's journey for the last skull he needs, namely Vandus', to ascend to Deamonhood. But he also said that their battle would end in an unexpected way, which leads me to believe that Vandus will kill Khul in the end.

But how have you come to this conclusion you might think, well here is my logic.

Khul has been on the path to Deamonhood for quite a while now. His tactical knowledge far outstrips that of even the most seasoned generals, he even had a Dawnbringers story about himself and the visions his chief shaman has, where he sees Khul with wings and a tail, typical Deamon stuff.

Vandus has also been losing his mind in the narrative, to the point where he has to be locked up in a basement when he isn't leading the hammers of Sigmar, also he has become obsessed with finding Khul and righting a wrong generations in the making.

Now, many of us thought that an Ascended Khul model would be coming with the last installment in the Dawnbringer narrative, but we are only getting Abraxia, kinda weird to be missing one of the more prominent chaos characters during a book all about chaos where they are also featured, right?

Now all of this information makes it seem like the deck is stacked against poor Vandus as if he is fated to fall and be little less than the sacrificial lamb for whom Khul can use for his triumph, but what if a certain someone were to interfere? "wink wink" nudge nudge"

So I guess that GW is pulling a fast one on us and making it look like Khul will win, but somehow Vandus triumphs in the end, Khul is killed and his model will be renamed to Mighty lord of Khorne for good and Vandus will get a shiny new Ruination chamber model.

Or maybe GW simply thinks that the audience by default thinks that the Stormcast will win, but Khul actually wins and gets a new model when BT: Blades of Khorne releases.

They said it had an unexpected ending. What if Khul wins, Khorne rejects him because he is still not devoted enough or something, and so khul rejects khorne and gets reforged and turned into a stormcast? Pretty much beat for beat like 

Spoiler

Kylo Ren

Maybe khorne doesn't trust him because he's devoted to himself instead of khorne, and just "using" khorne to get power.

15 hours ago, Mutton said:

Well somebody better become a cool Khorne Daemon Prince!

We have valkia to resculpt for that!

6 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

I do find Black Library books have done a much better job over time to flesh out very good and interesting characters compared to some earlier entries and named units having more story to them is always going to be a massive help and, for me, more willingness to buy a character even if they aren't good on the table.

I want to believe you, but unfortunately BL has decided to stop translating AoS novels into foreign languages.

I'm sure they can't see any further than "it's not selling, so we're stopping", but it's the worst decision they've made to prevent AoS lore from appealing (at least to people who don't speak English).

When you see that in 2024 BL celebration anthology, there are NO AoS short stories (is that the case with english version ? ... This is the first time I've seen this and it doesn't seem like a good sign. Especially in year with a new AoS edition.

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

There character that have gain traction like Skraggrott, Gorddak,  Khul, Olynder & Ionus as of late

But majority of the Aos characters that gain norarity among fans are Black library character who have their tales explore in death and usually play around with the concept rather then just existing to be the main faction leder/hero, character like Heldanarr Fall or Maleneth.

Like Hamilcar is one the popular SCE but he yet had a mini rather we got a bunch of who? Like Yndrasta and Carthlos not to say their bad just that why not first do the demanded characters then. They're sorta doing that now with Callis and Toll

There also an issue of just forgetting to flesh them out from their initial reveal ala Talhia Vedra & Trugg and hope the first impression with gain the character traction

Edited by Dragon-knight77
spelling
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Power level, or points how we have them in aos, were always better design. I was happy at this change but I don't play 40k much. Weird that good design was one of the things that pissed people off the most.

Oh yes it is good design to punish everyone who decided to build their guys with Bolt Pistols instead of Plasma Pistols.

2 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I want to believe you, but unfortunately BL has decided to stop translating AoS novels into foreign languages.

I'm sure they can't see any further than "it's not selling, so we're stopping", but it's the worst decision they've made to prevent AoS lore from appealing (at least to people who don't speak English).

When you see that in 2024 BL celebration anthology, there are NO AoS short stories (is that the case with english version ? ... This is the first time I've seen this and it doesn't seem like a good sign. Especially in year with a new AoS edition.

That really sucks