The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

But AoS Starter boxes usually have more models and smaller than 40k Starter boxes. I mean, it is more reliable we are gonna get 1 Clawlord mounted, 1 armoured Warlock, 20 clanrats, 10 vermins, 3 rat ogors and 3 jezzails

I dont think we should use AoS boxes for reference on this one, but 40k and 30k. GW seems to want to big on this one.

Also, again: we know that, acording to Whitefang, there are both a grey seer and a clawlord on this box. This is goign to get BIG. Alltho, I reckon it didnt occur to me that the clawlord could be riding a rat ogre, which would be an alternative for the avatar-thing.

This is going to be a 200 euros box, guys, clashy, gold, that goes to-to-toe with Leviathan patterns. Mark my words.

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I dont think we should use AoS boxes for reference on this one, but 40k and 30k. GW seems to want to big on this one.

Also, again: we know that, acording to Whitefang, there are both a grey seer and a clawlord on this box. This is goign to get BIG. Alltho, I reckon it didnt occur to me that the clawlord could be riding a rat ogre, which would be an alternative for the avatar-thing.

This is going to be a 200 euros box, guys, clashy, gold, that goes to-to-toe with Leviathan patterns. Mark my words.

Why is big this one? How do you know it is different to Dominion?

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about Vandus being part of the box? Seems a pretty obvious inclusion to me.

From Whitefang hints Vandus is going to die !

Sigmar lied ! Stormcast are not eternal ! not even Vandus ! 

Ruination chamber incoming ! 💀

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Why is big this one? How do you know it is different to Dominion?

Because GW had ridiculous high expectations for Leviathan and not only did it overcame them, but also reached new levels in a matter of hours.

Because GW will most likely not expect Vermintide to sell like Dominion (however it did) but will want it to reach a mere fraction of that success. And same did 30k on 2022. If GW's is managed by business people, they must know that AoS has room to grow, and they must have learned one lesson from all of this: if you want a starter box to sell bonkers, you must go bonkers.

And you don't do that by doing a simple and humble box...

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Yeah. I agree it would be a 200 € box (same pricing as Leviathan for those that don't use €), but I would still look at Dominion as the reference box for the new one.

Not Vandus, no, but it could still be a generic Lord Celestant on Dracolith like Vandus was as part of the updated Warrior chamber with the chance of Vandus returning in a new manner later similar Ionus going from Relictor to Goth icon on fire beast. Not necessarily with a new dragon friend but maybe something else.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Because GW had ridiculous high expectations for Leviathan and not only did it overcame them, but also reached new levels in a matter of hours.

Because GW will most likely not expect Vermintide to sell like Dominion (however it did) but will want it to reach a mere fraction of that success. And same did 30k on 2022. If GW's is managed by business people, they must have learned one lesson from all of this: if you want a starter box to sell bonkers, you must go bonkers.

And you don't do that by doing a simple and humble box...

Dominion was a 200€ box too

• Sad 1

A few thoughts on a few things. 

Encouraged to see a continuation of the £85 price point for the Vanguard > Spearhead transition. With a 20% discount that is £68, which is a decent entry point to a faction. (If Spearhead does in fact become an AoS Combat Patrol game type

I'm a little torn on the rumours that AoS will launch in Aqshy. Whilst I would like to see another realm explored more deeply, I also don't think it is necessary to "theme" an edition around a particular realm. I would actually like to see updates and goings-on from all the different realms across an edition. 

I think having a narrative (Dawnbringers) spread across 6 books is too many. I would prefer to see 3 shorter narrative campaigns with a beginning middle and end spread throughout an edition. Say,

Narrative one - Summer 2025 June, July, August

Narrative two - Summer 2026 June, July, August

Narrative three - Spring 2027 March, April, May 

It would allow for an expansion of the number of publications (to make lovely monies) you could set each one in a different realm and I just feel that having three (thicker) books with a more concise narrative would work better than what they currently have going. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

Dominion was a 200€ box too

It is, but, after 9th and 10th, does it look like one tho?

Granted, I may just be coping. But I keep thinking GW will want to go bonkers on this one.

tenor.png

1 minute ago, Hollow said:

A few thoughts on a few things. 

Encouraged to see a continuation of the £85 price point for the Vanguard > Spearhead transition. With a 20% discount that is £68, which is a decent entry point to a faction. (If Spearhead does in fact become an AoS Combat Patrol game type

I'm a little torn on the rumours that AoS will launch in Aqshy. Whilst I would like to see another realm explored more deeply, I also don't think it is necessary to "theme" an edition around a particular realm. I would actually like to see updates and goings-on from all the different realms across an edition. 

I think having a narrative (Dawnbringers) spread across 6 books is too many. I would prefer to see 3 shorter narrative campaigns with a beginning middle and end spread throughout an edition. Say,

Narrative one - Summer 2025 June, July, August

Narrative two - Summer 2026 June, July, August

Narrative three - Spring 2027 March, April, May 

It would allow for an expansion of the number of publications (to make lovely monies) you could set each one in a different realm and I just feel that having three (thicker) books with a more concise narrative would work better than what they currently have going. 

The problem with this is that we got the cancelled Gallet book, so we cannot say that something on those lines was not the initial plan, and who knows if there were even plans for more Book + Incarnate.

• Like 2

Just now, Garrac said:

It is, but, after 9th and 10th, does it look like one tho?

Granted, I may just be coping. But I keep thinking GW will want to go bonkers on this one.

tenor.png

They thought that Dominion box was bonkers too

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

The problem with this is that we got the cancelled Gallet book, so we cannot say that something on those lines was not the initial plan, and who knows if there were even plans for more Book + Incarnate.

Gallet could have been pushed for several reasons. GW logistics were majorly screwed at the time. We might see it reworked in AoS 4. GW tends to come back to things. 

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, Im gonna clearify Im going to talk about this box as Vermintide, but it may end up getting another name.

Hope it's Vermintide tho.

I was going to say it probably won't due to Fat Shark having the trademark but then I remembered it's a licence from GW so they own it! I think it's unlikely though to remove any confusion with the game. (would be really cool though!!!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Gallet could have been pushed for several reasons. GW logistics were majorly screwed at the time. We might see it reworked in AoS 4. GW tends to come back to things. 

If GW comes back to the idea of Season of War books we would have the approach that you mentioned, but extended.

Initial: Core book with its lore update.

Midway: Seasons of war.

End: Dawnbringer's like campaigns.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I was going to say it probably won't due to Fat Shark having the trademark but then I remembered it's a licence from GW so they own it! I think it's unlikely though to remove any confusion with the game. (would be really cool though!!!)

If it's not then it may probably be "*something* Great Horned Rat/Sigmar *something*", mostly after how the lore on the skaven battletome ended

Im gonna add that given how many Vermintide and TWHWH skaven fans are out there in the wild, calling the box Vermintide if possible would be a very good marketing decission.

Edited by Garrac

39 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I think it will be big as Leviathan too : so roughly 25 Stormcast and 47 Skaven !

Spoiler

WFwIeQkRxiaIHWd4.jpg

I really hope Stormcast contain at least a ruination chamber unit and not "just boring" refresh of liberators/retributors/prosecutors in thunderstrike armour.

Sigmar lied ! 💀

Spoiler

99120218078_QuestorSoulswornWarband1.jpg

• Like 1