The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Are u saying this could be a setup for chaos sigmarines? Just checking XD.

Whilst it would never happen the short story and what we have been hearing did make me think of someone being corrupted by Khorne. It would be very Warhammer for the first hero of the Realmgate Wars to become so obsessed with killing a Khornate champion, and so full of hatred for him, that he himself falls to Khorne.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Shiro Kabocha said:

Reminds me of how Blood Angels in 40k have the Death Company. They even get sealed in a tower of their own (Tower of the Lost) after going crazy. Occasionally, they get sent out to fight and make use of their rage-fueled bloodthirst. Maybe the Ruination chamber will be similar, at least in concept, but I'm hoping there's more depth to it.

I always felt that SCE were hard to connect with because they didn't face the same stakes as the other factions and were effectively immortal. Now that there's multiple ways to prevent their return to Azyr and now that the consequences of excessive soul reforging are being explored, I'm starting to look at my Stormcast minis with more appreciation. I'm hoping the 4th ed launch box or even a  reforged (Ruined?) Vandus mini will give us an early peek at what the Ruination Chamber will look like so I can start adjusting my army scheme accordingly.

I love 40K, but come on. Taking idea's from Space Marines to Stormcast is really not necessary to give them a unique identity.

Stormcast during 1st edition were bland, they became a lot cooler with with 2nd edition and with 3th edition they nailed it. this combined with dragons made a very cool army. They should expand on that, instead of just putting the souls of Stormcasts in bigger stormcast golemlike stuff aka Dreadnoughts in 40K.

The only thing I want to see taken from Space Marines is the unique aesthetics for mini's from each major chamber. In the same way we have Blood Angels, Dark Angels and etc.

I would love to see more Stormcast units / aesthetics from differents realm / chambers. The same is true for CoS, give me wizards that aesthetics wise are influenced by the city/realm they hail from or stuff like the Games day Arch knight. The Stormcast featured in Blacktalons and saviours of Cinderfall are imo perfection. This is the way to expand Stormcast.

image.png.7e0aeb3dc8d957c7c91829fefbb39fa3.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, karbur said:

I would be sad if Vandus really vanished, even for his own good.

The concept of Stormcast 'Dreadnought' of pure storm is as old as the game I would like to see it now that they manage to avoid it for alomst ten years now.

He was the real deal for understanding Stormcasts and their troubles.

Do somebody think that his fight versus Archaon and a part of his soul being altered could be use in the narrative or everybody just forget that ? ^^

Well, it has already been used in the plot. It is partially what is causing him to drown in madness.

43 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Whilst it would never happen the short story and what we have been hearing did make me think of someone being corrupted by Khorne. It would be very Warhammer for the first hero of the Realmgate Wars to become so obsessed with killing a Khornate champion, and so full of hatred for him, that he himself falls to Khorne.

Eternus disagrees. He is basically a Chaos Stormcast.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Well, it has already been used in the plot. It is partially what is causing him to drown in madness.

Is it personnal speculation or you have a source ? I don't remember something written about that since.

3 minutes ago, karbur said:

Is it personnal speculation or you have a source ? I don't remember something written about that since.

It was mentioned that since he got hit by Archaon is when he started to see that mysterious man in his "dreams", which is partially the source of the problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Very likely. I’m thinking based on Poseidon’s Hippocampus(high five to people that remember that unit from Age of Mythology RTS) while their Eastern inspiration side nods that the Zodiac has the horse for the water elements.

Hippocampus_-_golden.jpg

image.jpeg.c7309418d7f7343a856ec15c8f9abe88.jpeg

Will be interesting to see how that translates to units since they opened up design room with “River Aelementals are the most numerous of the spirits” so they can throw in any kind of water units they can think of while the Pachyderm Sages give them a tanky ally.

Which does leave Deepkin fans envious but we all know the solution.

Battle crabs 🦀 ⚔️ 

WUV WOO.

Ok, here's my own take regarding the stormcast. I was originally not that fond of them, but with time, I started to kind of like them. Those artstation concept pieces are very nice, but despite this, I seriously don't want the Stormcast to get more units because I believe they already have enough. (Apart from perhaps thunderstrike remakes for the other units.) No, seriously, they have a unit for every archetype. Axe wielders, hammer wielders, spear wielders, great sword wielders—they have everything! So I seriously hope for most new releases. GeeDubs focuses on the other factions, which are in desperate need of new units in order to feel complete. Looking at you, DoK (or others that do feel mostly complete but won't be hurt by some expansion like CoS), (i am also not that fond of the Draconith)

I also love the Cogforts, but I hope that if they ever become represented on the tabletop, they'll have a better design because I am not particularly fond of their look from the artwork. Seriously, it just looks like a beefed-up, non-demonic defiler.

Edited by DD-Lord
  • Like 2

Regarding the Stormcasts range, I am wondering about the content of next starting box for 4th.

Start to think we are getting the first resculpts for Liberators/Judicators and Prosecutors. Same for Lord Celestant/Relictor.

Maybe not for paladins as their aesthetic could stay the same : big armoured guys (and I'm a big fan of Retributors/Protectors).

But it's hard to imagine a new range of new basic units, half the battletome is already obsolete/duplicate stuff.

7 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I mean AoS4 starting with Skaven that could be the prevention of them pulling that with the tower as the new Chamber is unleashed to defend their strongpoint.

That said I don’t agree with that last bit. Skaven’s last major play was Malign Portents and that wasn’t even a resolution but just changed course on Nagash’s plans from sucking the life from the realms to flooding them with ghosts & undeath magic the hole in the UnderWorlds opened from the damaged pyramid.

Before and after that it’s been everything from Stormcast, Orruks, Daughters of Khaine, Lumineth, Kharadron and other resolving story arcs from the closing of the All-Gates to Archaon’s plans to invade Azyr foiled from his Varanite staches siphoned dry.

Skaven blew up the moon in the End Times.

They also fouled Nagash previously.

They are a great faction, but GW uses them as a Deus ex Artifact. :P

2 hours ago, DD-Lord said:

Ok, here's my own take regarding the stormcast. I was originally not that fond of them, but with time, I started to kind of like them. Those artstation concept pieces are very nice, but despite this, I seriously don't want the Stormcast to get more units because I believe they already have enough. (Apart from perhaps thunderstrike remakes for the other units.) No, seriously, they have a unit for every archetype. Axe wielders, hammer wielders, spear wielders, great sword wielders—they have everything! So I seriously hope for most new releases. GeeDubs focuses on the other factions, which are in desperate need of new units in order to feel complete. Looking at you, DoK (or others that do feel mostly complete but won't be hurt by some expansion like CoS), (i am also not that fond of the Draconith)

I also love the Cogforts, but I hope that if they ever become represented on the tabletop, they'll have a better design because I am not particularly fond of their look from the artwork. Seriously, it just looks like a beefed-up, non-demonic defiler.

The Cogfort pic is in the end something from the roleplay book, so imo it is very likely that it would end changing.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Cogforts have literally been around in the lore since Malign Portents and the whole Stormcast Dreadnought thing is nothing but idle speculation on this forum. 

And they are a key element from the biggest CoS city. Without them maybe Hammerhall wouldnt have grown so much.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, karbur said:

Regarding the Stormcasts range, I am wondering about the content of next starting box for 4th.

Start to think we are getting the first resculpts for Liberators/Judicators and Prosecutors. Same for Lord Celestant/Relictor.

Maybe not for paladins as their aesthetic could stay the same : big armoured guys (and I'm a big fan of Retributors/Protectors).

But it's hard to imagine a new range of new basic units, half the battletome is already obsolete/duplicate stuff.

I mean based on Indomitus, Dominion and Leviathan we can assumed 20-25 models, spread across 4-5 units (2 battleline ones (presumably update Liberators), and at least 2 more units) and 4-5 characters. One of the figures will likely be a larger more centerpiece one which I'd guess would be a Lord-Celestant on Dracoth update. Personally, if it's mainly updated stuff then I'd be hoping for:

1 Lord-Celestant on Dracoth, 1 Lord-Relictor, 1 Knight-Heraldor, 1 Knight-Arcanum, 1 Knight-medic (new unit), 10 Liberators, 5 Retributors, and either 3 cavalry models or update Prosecutors

38 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I mean based on Indomitus, Dominion and Leviathan we can assumed 20-25 models, spread across 4-5 units (2 battleline ones (presumably update Liberators), and at least 2 more units) and 4-5 characters. One of the figures will likely be a larger more centerpiece one which I'd guess would be a Lord-Celestant on Dracoth update. Personally, if it's mainly updated stuff then I'd be hoping for:

1 Lord-Celestant on Dracoth, 1 Lord-Relictor, 1 Knight-Heraldor, 1 Knight-Arcanum, 1 Knight-medic (new unit), 10 Liberators, 5 Retributors, and either 3 cavalry models or update Prosecutors

Quite the V1 box, I assume it would be bad for selling, even me who has the whole range would wonder if I take it.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Steam Tanks do not share the size of Cogforts. IMO if we end up having Cogforts it would be something like Imperial Knights.

Yeah that would be great 👍  perhaps have an intermediary "Cog-Keep" like:

- steam tank (gun hauler size)

- cog-keep (frigate size)

- cog-fort (Ironclad size)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

In this case I want maw grunta with hakkin krew and tuskboss being able to carry some ardboyz or brutes in da choppa subfaction 😂

Edited by Grunbag
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

Lore-wise there already is variants with smaller Sentry-Keeps & Border-Walkers which are smaller Cogforts than the walking fortresses/city ones.

I’d imagine Border-Walkers are what we’ll get as mobilized defenses for all the new settlements out there that succeeded and need a visible walking tank deterrent against stuff like Kruleboyz and BoC eyeing up the place as an otherwise easy mark.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1