The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

or maybe already this Thursday?

That would be ace. There are plenty of FEC players waiting for it for the biggest Spanish tournament (some would even argue that it is the biggest worldwide) that would say thanks as the organizers gave extra time for the lists due to this FAQ "delay".

• Like 2

Just in case nobody has seen this but Warhammer World is doing a store birthday. It’s a store birthday and NOT an open day or preview event but means people will be able to get hold of stuff. (Or an excuse to visit if you are in the area). Anyway read on……

“Warhammer World is throwing open our gates for our annual Anniversary on March 2nd and 3rd!

You will need a ticket to join us, and this year we have 1,400 free tickets split equally across four slots over two days:
Saturday 2nd March: 10am - 2.30pm and 3pm - 7.30pm
Sunday 3rd March: 10am - 2.30pm and 3pm - 7.30pm

You'll find a host of events focusing on different aspects of the Warhammer hobby including the Legends of Paint competition, plus you'll be able to shop including exclusive items, stroll around the exhibition, and enjoy Bugman's Bar for a drink or a bite to eat. More on all this soon...

We also have 40 tickets available for the Hobby Challenge each day, which include access to the Anniversary activities too. The Hobby Challenge allows you to immerse yourself in the Warhammer hobby by diving into our huge bits pile and using all of our paints to create a one-of-a-kind Warhammer World project. Use a free miniature as the canvas with which to create your perfect work of art, and at the end of each day, we'll award a prize to our favourite finished version of the provided model – so have fun!

Free tickets and tickets for the Hobby Challenge will go live at 7.00pm on the 5th Feb over at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/warhammer-events-11407030152, and if you have any questions, drop a line to the team at whworldevents@gwplc.com”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

They did 40k 10E at Adepticon last year, and HH the year before. So I think Adepticon is a solid guess for Age of Sigmar 4E.

Specifically they got the Lion, the final Arks of Omen book, the trailer for 10th ed and the first look at the new Terminators and Termagants, so a bumper set of reveals at Adepticon is probably not hoping for too much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

- GW Black Library Preview - 5th Feb to 9th Feb (next week!)

Oooh, now that is exciting! Maybe finally the new Gotrek book will be announced? Or the next Grombrindal novel. Or even finally the rumoured proper AoS Grombrindal model?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Oooh, now that is exciting! Maybe finally the new Gotrek book will be announced? Or the next Grombrindal novel. Or even finally the rumoured proper AoS Grombrindal model?

Maybe we get some RE solved ! Last Black Library one we got just an Ork... so I am not expecting much for AoS.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe we get some RE solved ! Last Black Library one we got just an Ork... so I am not expecting much for AoS.

More AoS BL characters is always a great thing! Maleneth, (Thunderstrike) Hamilcar, Grombrindal, Heldanarr Fall, etc. are all still deserving of a model.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

35 minutes ago, EonChao said:

They're spring releases, seeming to come in between Dark Angels and T'au according to the roadmap, so they could well be an April release

The kroot box may come in february/may, but the ork boxset should definetely be around the corner, that's why I find it so weird having them changed at all

warhammer-40000-codex-roadmap.webp.2ee8c3ca0cfb5a3c894ab30866380e67.webp

14 minutes ago, Garrac said:

The kroot box may come in february/may, but the ork boxset should definetely be around the corner, that's why I find it so weird having them changed at all

I think the Kroot box set is either end of February or beginning of March with the actual release of the rest of the range and the T'au codex being in late April/early May.

Personally I don't think there will be an Ork or Custodes box set but if there is then it'll release alongside the codex as a separate thing and not an early release like the Deathwing and Kroot boxes have been.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I think the Kroot box set is either end of February or beginning of March with the actual release of the rest of the range and the T'au codex being in late April/early May.

Personally I don't think there will be an Ork or Custodes box set but if there is then it'll release alongside the codex as a separate thing and not an early release like the Deathwing and Kroot boxes have been.

Acording to Valrak, every1 is getting box sets from here and on. He already told that the orks box will be full of all the available mechas as possible.

Edited by Garrac

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe they are not so imminent then.

They will most likely do a repeat of FEC with the Tau when they release half the faction early. Like other people have said the Kroot box could be out sometime February, but the official release could be deep into March.

Pretty smart to split up everything so more people can afford those crazy prices.

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Surprised again to see orks, custodes and taus having pints changed at all. I thought it was GW's strategy to not touch the rules for inminent releases?

Can't speak for orks or custodes, but the Tau changes are close to a non factor in most list.

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Speaking of roadmaps, we don't really have any left for AoS right? The AoS roadmap was fully revealed since Dawnbringers IV, the Underworlds roadmap is complete since the Kruleboyz warband and the Warcry roadmap only has 2 TBC warbands this spring left.

9080p39zkwwa1.jpg.ec55cba0fb82ea428bf181dce585ecfc.jpg

When would we be due for a new roadmap? Probably Adepticon, or could that be focused on AoS 4 already?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

When would we be due for a new roadmap? Probably Adepticon, or could that be focused on AoS 4 already?

I suspect we won’t see roadmaps for a while. They are having production issues getting stuff out to customers, so I think they will stop roadmaps now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Kroot box will come around adepticon same as Seraphon box did. They won’t release it before showing the rest of the range. If I remember correctly Seraphon box was announced first weekend after adepticon and I would assume same release window for Kroot. 

37 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Speaking of roadmaps, we don't really have any left for AoS right? The AoS roadmap was fully revealed since Dawnbringers IV, the Underworlds roadmap is complete since the Kruleboyz warband and the Warcry roadmap only has 2 TBC warbands this spring left.

Apart from the production issues that Gaz mentioned, I think we won't have a main game roadmap until we reach the equivalent point that 40k currently has, where we would see a similar roadmap with new BTs order.

3 hours ago, Garrac said:

Acording to Valrak, every1 is getting box sets from here and on. He already told that the orks box will be full of all the available mechas as possible.

IIRC it was 'just' the silhouetted exoskeleton Ork, Boyz, and a Stompa. Other than that -- yeah.

Edited by Preppikoma

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

Road maps usually get revealed at Warhammer Fest. The only one that got an update at Adepticon alst year was the AoS one to show where Seraphon and Cities were getting released.

4 hours ago, Garrac said:

Yeah that's the only thing causing me to put any credit to the idea. But it still feels weird to do that way. Although I guess others are effected by FOMO more than me

2 hours ago, DeLewko said:

Kroot box will come around adepticon same as Seraphon box did. They won’t release it before showing the rest of the range. If I remember correctly Seraphon box was announced first weekend after adepticon and I would assume same release window for Kroot. 

The Kroot box is a weird one. The Seraphon one went up for preorder at the end of April with the full range coming in Summer. The Kroot on the other hand are part of a spring release for T'au which means the box has to be released in a way that both allows enough lead time on the main release, but also not too early that it spoils whatever is getting previewed at Adepticon.

6 hours ago, Preppikoma said:

The RE reminds me of the Nurgle antagonist from the animation Blacktalon. Hives are different, but the fly design is Nurglesque (not sure if exclusively).

Not the first Nurgle rumour engine either. This was from December last year

3wqplOyJYjeY1ITT.png

• Like 1