The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

Because the models are old and unatractive to new players compared to gg, ij and kb

I dunno, they fit pretty well with the ironjawz range.

kb kinda feel like the faction that doesn’t really fit i to the warhammer ork faction in total.

but they could make some awesome chaos dwarf hobgoblins, if gw ever chooses to change things up

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I dunno, they fit pretty well with the ironjawz range.

kb kinda feel like the faction that doesn’t really fit i to the warhammer ork faction in total.

but they could make some awesome chaos dwarf hobgoblins, if gw ever chooses to change things up

Idk I like kruleboyz being a bit more realistically proportioned, a lot of the other orcs/orks GW makes look a little silly to me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Idk I like kruleboyz being a bit more realistically proportioned, a lot of the other orcs/orks GW makes look a little silly to me.

Each to their own.

I mean I’m a skaven and goblin player with me favoring randomness and risk and reward system the skaven had (I consider the current book they have as a bad example for what skaven are meant to be)

so Me liking the silliness of the warhammer orks probably comes from those aspect

6 hours ago, Grunbag said:

It just based on the gobbapalooza model isn’t it ? 

IMG_6821.jpeg

I think you misunderstood, its not fanart, these are some of the concepts for the range. So the gobbapalooza (and everything else) are based on those instead of the other way around. ( not on that page as it seems to focus on those concepts that didnt make it.)

I take it from the comment you also dont know the older scutlings? ( from silver tower) 

In short, intent obviously was ( but maybe still is) to fully integrate spider with night goblin/squig elements ( and the one spidery troll concept) instead of the native+actual spiders theme.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TheMawr said:

There are blanche concepts around for the gloomspite gitz. And the Spider elements are more in line with the rest of the range, spidersquigs/squigspiders instead of normal spiders, this actually goes back to their roots as thats what they used to be ( also lots of scutlings  style goblin/spider crossovers. ) 

Concepts being in the open likely equally means they are not coming in that form. But you'd never know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gothicpunk.tumblr.com/post/182732496880/gloomspite-gits-concepts-for-age-of-sigmar-sneaky/amp

Bit disappointed that we didn't get some of those wackier/overtly mushroomy concepts. Great conversion inspiration though.

In terms of Spiderfang imho they either get straight booted or redone in a more Moonclan style, maybe keeping some regular spider imagery alongside spider-squigs and scuttlings. I could see merging with Bonesplitterz, but not really likely.

• Like 2

Just read the latest Dawnbringers short story. It's nice to see the Skaven represented, but I feel like there's more to it. Obviously we all know they're gonna be the main bad guys of the launch of 4th edition, but there's something else in that story. The Skaven engineer with the rocket is obviously supposed to represent the warlock bombardier model, but the other engineer with a warpstone powered mechsuit ? Feels strange that they're mentioning this, isn't it ?

Feels like this is a bit of a Chekov's gun. Except it's not literally a gun, it's a Skaven mechsuit. Wouldn't shock me at all if this ends up being a new miniature. After all, apparently we'll be getting a lot of upgrades to existing Skaven kits, but there also needs to be a little bit of novelty in the Skaven range refresh, and we've never seen a Skaven in a big mechsuit. Closest we have is Ikit and his power armour. 

And for the secret plan of the Verminlord (I think he's Skreech Verminking ? Matches the description of his model anyway) ? The same thing Skaven do every edition... Try and take over the world !

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Just read the latest Dawnbringers short story. It's nice to see the Skaven represented, but I feel like there's more to it. Obviously we all know they're gonna be the main bad guys of the launch of 4th edition, but there's something else in that story. The Skaven engineer with the rocket is obviously supposed to represent the warlock bombardier model, but the other engineer with a warpstone powered mechsuit ? Feels strange that they're mentioning this, isn't it ?

Feels like this is a bit of a Chekov's gun. Except it's not literally a gun, it's a Skaven mechsuit. Wouldn't shock me at all if this ends up being a new miniature. After all, apparently we'll be getting a lot of upgrades to existing Skaven kits, but there also needs to be a little bit of novelty in the Skaven range refresh, and we've never seen a Skaven in a big mechsuit. Closest we have is Ikit and his power armour. 

And for the secret plan of the Verminlord (I think he's Skreech Verminking ? Matches the description of his model anyway) ? The same thing Skaven do every edition... Try and take over the world !

Next ed focused on tech confirmed?

• LOVE IT! 3

19 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Hopefully the Skaven get a better campaign series than Dawnbringers because IMHO, this series has been kind of meandering. Hopefully Ushoran and Khorgos can actually get things moving. 

Well…. I mean the short story sounds awesome, but I’m not certain we’ll see much more then stories in that book.

although it’ll be awesome if skaven wasn’t the janitor having to clean the mess gw made again

4 hours ago, cyrus said:

Ya come on guys Bonesplitterz will be firmly in AoS : they were featured in broken Realms, they had a great Underworlds warband , if you want to gain faster waagh point one Bonesplitterz Shaman is compulsory. 

Orruk warclans had the starter brand new faction = Kruleboyz, they had a mid size wave in Dawnbringers = ironjawz 2.0 , so next are probably Bonesplitterz in AoS 4.

Wurrgog and Wardokk need surely a resculpt and maybe add a sort of Savage brutes.

SCE Liberators and Paladins are 1st Ed with WHU bands and now are a bit obsolete...

24 minutes ago, Someravella said:

SCE Liberators and Paladins are 1st Ed with WHU bands and now are a bit obsolete...

Stormcast are the posterboys: you can't compare them with any other faction in AoS.

Thunderstrike armour probably sold very well so they decided to redo 1st wavw/warrior chamber

2 hours ago, TheMawr said:

I think you misunderstood, its not fanart, these are some of the concepts for the range. So the gobbapalooza (and everything else) are based on those instead of the other way around. ( not on that page as it seems to focus on those concepts that didnt make it.)

I take it from the comment you also dont know the older scutlings? ( from silver tower) 

In short, intent obviously was ( but maybe still is) to fully integrate spider with night goblin/squig elements ( and the one spidery troll concept) instead of the native+actual spiders theme.

Alright I misunderstood. And I didn’t knew about the old scuttling , that’s a proof of concept . We will see if next edition is moving to Chamon , I just read these are from Chamon right ?

42 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Alright I misunderstood. And I didn’t knew about the old scuttling , that’s a proof of concept . We will see if next edition is moving to Chamon , I just read these are from Chamon right ?

I see it focused on Chamon more everyday. Chorfs, Rats (their city-universe is under Chamon), all the tech, maybe new dwarfs... it gotta be Chamon.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I see it focused on Chamon more everyday. Chorfs, Rats (their city-universe is under Chamon), all the tech, maybe new dwarfs... it gotta be Chamon.

The Gloomspite Gitz also have a rather large capital/Fortress in Ayadah which is located in Chamon, so we can also get ritz with everything mentioned above if we focus on Chamon.....

59 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

The Gloomspite Gitz also have a rather large capital/Fortress in Ayadah which is located in Chamon, so we can also get ritz with everything mentioned above if we focus on Chamon.....

Kruleboyz too 

• Like 1

For me, Chamon is mainly Kharadrons vs Tzeentch territory, with Vindicarum, Ironbark, the Iron Golems, some Skaven, the new White Dwarf KBs and a FEC kingdom to give some variety.

If Skaven become a big player like Tzeentch and Kharadrons in Chamon it's gonna be a big deal. A cool thing about an edition in Chamon would be the crazy scenery/basing we could get. I want a tutorial on how to make metal desert bases or other crazy alchemical environments !

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

Took a peak on the 40k slated releases and until adepticon it seems like we'll starve a little. All I've counted has been:

-orks (just a new HQ)

-Custodes (just a new HQ)

-The complete FEC release (I mean, how much can it be delayed?)

-Dawnbringers 4 (I mean, how much can it be delayed?)

-The KT box? The eldars vs scouts was delayed, but this one may get delayed as well

-Bretonian knights on foot

Oh, yes, probably GW will release something else sooner, who knows if we'll get 3 dawnbringer books on 6 weeks. But it seems like there isn't much else being cooked during february? Kinda weird. Wouldn't be surprised if they release something shown on LVO a little bit sooner than expected.

(Alltho, I dunno if there is any preview scheduled before adepticon)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Took a peak on the 40k slated releases and until adepticon it seems like we'll starve a little. All I've counted has been:

-orks (just a new HQ)

-Custodes (just a new HQ)

-The complete FEC release (I mean, how much can it be delayed?)

-Dawnbringers 4 (I mean, how much can it be delayed?)

-The KT box? The eldars vs scouts was delayed, but this one may get delayed as well

-Bretonian knights on foot

Oh, yes, probably GW will release something else sooner, who knows if we'll get 3 dawnbringer books on 6 weeks. But it seems like there isn't much else being cooked during february? Kinda weird. Wouldn't be surprised if they release something shown on LVO a little bit sooner than expected.

(Alltho, I dunno if there is any preview scheduled before adepticon)

I think by having Dawnbringers V shown off weeks before we got IV means the schedule is out of whack again.

I get so so so excited at the Narrative and cannot wait for 4.0. New Edition, New Hype. Everyone crosses their fingers for their Faction to be next.

I have a very strong feeling in my Gut, which is a very good thing for an Ogor, that the following Factions are getting love next Edition.

Ogor Mawtribes.

Fyreslayers.

Idoneth Deepkin.

Skaven.

Tzeentch.

Beasts of Chaos.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think by having Dawnbringers V shown off weeks before we got IV means the schedule is out of whack again.

I get so so so excited at the Narrative and cannot wait for 4.0. New Edition, New Hype. Everyone crosses their fingers for their Faction to be next.

I have a very strong feeling in my Gut, which is a very good thing for an Ogor, that the following Factions are getting love next Edition.

Ogor Mawtribes.

Fyreslayers.

Idoneth Deepkin.

Skaven.

Tzeentch.

Beasts of Chaos.

From a Chamon POV, how do those factions fit in? Tzeentch and Skavens are pretty solid in Chamon, but what about the rest? Is there any major location/ narrative from any of them that happened in Chamon?

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

From a Chamon POV, how do those factions fit in? Tzeentch and Skavens are pretty solid in Chamon, but what about the rest? Is there any major location/ narrative from any of them that happened in Chamon?

I’m not sure the realm affect releases . We are in ghur and neither FEC , COS or seraphon are tied to ghur if I’m correct 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

Stormcast are the posterboys: you can't compare them with any other faction in AoS.

Thunderstrike armour probably sold very well so they decided to redo 1st wavw/warrior chamber

You are correct, they can’t be compared to any aos faction or warhammer fantasy in this matter…..

yet comparing them to a faction of a different setting (cough space marines cough cough)

might be easier then said.😂

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

For me, Chamon is mainly Kharadrons vs Tzeentch territory, with Vindicarum, Ironbark, the Iron Golems, some Skaven, the new White Dwarf KBs and a FEC kingdom to give some variety.

If Skaven become a big player like Tzeentch and Kharadrons in Chamon it's gonna be a big deal. A cool thing about an edition in Chamon would be the crazy scenery/basing we could get. I want a tutorial on how to make desert bases or other crazy alchemical environments !

You mean this picture ? It’s not from white dwarf it’s from stormbringer magazine 

IMG_6825.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I’m not sure the realm affect releases . We are in ghur and neither FEC , COS or seraphon are tied to ghur if I’m correct 

CoS is tied to Ghur with Excelsis and some minor cities, FEC with the Royal Beastflyers and Seraphon has some placements as well. It might not be the biggest realm for them, but they are there.

About my original question, I asked purely out of curiosity. To have an idea about how those factions are settled in Chamon.