The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Didn't he say well see dwarves and o&g by the end of the month?

I also took it to mean they'll be released. It's not a big leap to guess GW would show something coming up on their launch day event. 

And didn't Whitefang laugh at the rumours? 

He said we would see new stuff before the end of the month. That's all.

On 1/7/2024 at 4:34 PM, Whitefang back me up said:

I await your apology in June then! 

Also Old World Stuff, we’ll be seeing some Dwarf and Orks And Goblin stuff before the months end. 

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

He said we would see new stuff before the end of the month. That's all.

They did specifically say Dwarf stuff before the end of the month. No Dwarf stuff yet but we still have over a week before the end of January 🤞

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, EntMan said:

They did specifically say Dwarf stuff before the end of the month. No Dwarf stuff yet but we still have over a week before the end of January 🤞

I don’t think the dwarfs will be revealed now. I heard that they would both be shown off at the open day but obviously that didn’t happen, hopefully they’ll be soon as the release schedule is going to be very aggressive as the main factions should be released completely  over the next year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

I don’t think the dwarfs will be revealed now. I heard that they would both be shown off at the open day but obviously that didn’t happen, hopefully they’ll be soon as the release schedule is going to be very aggressive as the main factions should be released completely  over the next year. 

Do you know if any of the other Forgeworld kits will be coming back, aside from the Troll Hag? I would love to pick up a Merwyrm and am crossing my fingers that it might drop with the High Elves, who used to have a named one in their lore. 🤞🏻 

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros

1 hour ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Will chorfs be before or after the new Dark Elves, if either are even in production.

1 hour ago, Fellman said:

What do we get for pre order today Dawnbringer im dying to read more of the lore!

Me too!! Hopefully there isnt a knock on effect and Book V comes out next month.

I absolutely love the narrative and cannot wait to see what mysteries are teased for 4.0.

At this point we are only halfway through the Crusade and so much has been teased and has happened!!

• LOVE IT! 3

54 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont know if this has been shared before. I have seen this go around a few times, thought it to be fake news to be honest. 

IMG-20240117-WA0017.jpg.f4ca93f9e466f658bce4c381534eeda9.jpg

It's from a youtube video, og youtuber was just wishlisting

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

*I could see the Mancrusher being the kit for 4.0 for the Sons. 

You know what ? I have a similar opinion. With TOW out, I think they're going to slowly phase out all WFB kits from the 9 launch factions to TOW and replace them with dedicated AoS counterparts. They already did it with the Ardboyz/Black Orcs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Garrac said:

Now that @Whitefang back me uphas more credibility thanks to him predicting greenskins for TOW this month, I think its a good time to remember this rumour he brought up

Sorry, but his rumours are too vague for me to trust him completely. Anyone could have said the same thing based on what Whitefang (4th Stormcast box vs. Skavens) and Valrak (TOW O&G/Dwarfs as next army) have said or implied.

I'm waiting for more specific details (unit names, descriptions, etc) to gain credibility. GW will probably release new concepts with 4th edition, for skavens and/or stormcast, and there's none of that in all these rumours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just another opinion about Idoneth since we talked about them on this thread : their roster is small, but quite well rounded and balanced. You have your basic melee troops, basic ranged troops, cavalry, small sized monster, big sized monster, a bunch of foot heroes, and 2 named characters. And as far as I know Deepkin, the studio did a decent enough job at balancing that the vast majority of the roster is usable.

I think that for the time being, all Idoneth need is a Warcry band, and in the mid term future (so next edition) a new named character, and either a mid sized monster (think Arkanaut Frigate size) or 2 new units like Sylvaneth and NH got this edition.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Just another opinion about Idoneth since we talked about them on this thread : their roster is small, but quite well rounded and balanced. You have your basic melee troops, basic ranged troops, cavalry, small sized monster, big sized monster, a bunch of foot heroes, and 2 named characters. And as far as I know Deepkin, the studio did a decent enough job at balancing that the vast majority of the roster is usable.

I think that for the time being, all Idoneth need is a Warcry band, and in the mid term future (so next edition) a new named character, and either a mid sized monster (think Arkanaut Frigate size) or 2 new units like Sylvaneth and NH got this edition.

My friend who plays Idoneth (we don't do tournaments, so don't really care about the meta) has a fully painted 3000 points army. We only play 2000 points battle. It's not about a balanced or useable roster. It's about getting excited about new additions to the roster. We don't really care if Idoneth has a balanced roster. He wants new sea monsters, new units. Not a Warcry or Underworls band. Or another named character and certainly not a new foot character.

Where is all the wild stuff, a big octupus, chariots drawn by sea horses and etc. Lots of creative units/monster possible. So no, it's not about a "useable" roster, but about getting a long time Idoneth player excited again by his army / hobby and a Warcry band or a named character is not at all what he wants and I think I can speak for most of the Idoneth players.

Edit: I really don't like the excuse that Warcry or Underworlds add new stuff for AoS, as most of the AoS rules for those units are gimmicks.

Edit2: Idoneth, Fyreslayers, BoC, Skaven and KO deserve a huge update with lots of new kits.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

My friend who plays Idoneth (we don't do tournaments, so don't really care about the meta) has a fully painted 3000 points army. We only play 2000 points battle. It's not about a balanced or useable roster. It's about getting excited about new additions to the roster. We don't really care if Idoneth has a balanced roster. He wants new sea monsters, new units. Not a Warcry or Underworls band. Or another named character and certainly not a new foot character.

Where is all the wild stuff, a big octupus, chariots drawn by sea horses and etc. Lots of creative units/monster possible. So no, it's not about a "useable" roster, but about getting a long time Idoneth player excited again by his army / hobby and a Warcry band or a named character is not at all what he wants and I think I can speak for most of the Idoneth players.

Edit: I really don't like the excuse that Warcry or Underworlds add new stuff for AoS, as most of the AoS rules for those units are gimmicks.

Edit2: Idoneth, Fyreslayers and KO deserve a huge update with lots of new kits.

I get how some can feel this way. To me Idoneth are a new army that can be updated after ranges like BoC, Skaven and Ogors have had their turn. Some of those models are 20+ years old. I feel like a Warcry warband can be a great addidition to that range to be honest.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You know what ? I have a similar opinion. With TOW out, I think they're going to slowly phase out all WFB kits from the 9 launch factions to TOW and replace them with dedicated AoS counterparts. They already did it with the Ardboyz/Black Orcs. 

Absolutely mate.

27 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Im hoping for a Sylvaneth sized update this Edition. New Elite Infantry, a Monster and a new character.

19 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I get how some can feel this way. To me Idoneth are a new army that can be updated after ranges like BoC, Skaven and Ogors have had their turn. Some of those models are 20+ years old. I feel like a Warcry warband can be a great addidition to that range to be honest.

It's ofcourse subjective. If you or non of your friends play Idoneth you are less bothered about it being neglected.

Yes, a Warcry unit can be a nice addition for AoS, and some really are and they are sometimes nice to have one in your army, but not so interesting if you want to have more units of it or reinforce it to a bigger unit. Also the mix of bases is also not very helpfull. 25mm, 28,5 mm.

I.e Darkoath Savagers! Very cool unit aesthetic wise, with nice rules for AoS, but the Proven (the ones that have +1 damage are the mini's on a 28,5 base, while weaker ones AoS wise like the Wrathtouched is on a 32mm. Confusing imo.

Edit: It would have been much easier that they gave the Wrathtouched +1 attack / +1 damage (which would also reflect the mini better) and for AoS ignore the Proven, which would than just be gloryseekers on 28,5 mm base. So you have the three mini's that do something extra / stronger on 32mm and the rest on 28,5 mm.

Edited by Tonhel

Talking about ascended Khul and Vandus. I think ascended Khul is obviously easy to visualise, but what about Vandus? Just "another" Stormcast with Thunderstrike armour. How would you visualise a renewed Vandus that pops from the mass of the golden boys? Keeping his dracothian mount? Something else?

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about ascended Khul and Vandus. I think ascended Khul is obviously easy to visualise, but what about Vandus? Just "another" Stormcast with Thunderstrike armour. How would you visualise a renewed Vandus that pops from the mass of the golden boys? Keeping his dracothian mount? Something else?

I think he'll just go thunderstrike with a strong gothic vibe à la Ionus. The dracoth will stay, become leaner and meaner, and will be the test for the resculpt of the whole dracothian guard.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

12 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I think he'll just go thunderstrike with a strong gothic vibe à la Ionus. The dracoth will stay, become leaner and meaner, and will be the test for the resculpt of the whole dracothian guard.

I agree, we will see a new leaner Dracoth model, and a deeper dive into the Gothic look established with Ionus.

Im very very excited to see Liberators and the like get the Thunderstrike treatment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1