The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Doko said:

it isnt 8, you are forgetting that new kits are new warcrolls also.

so per example the new weird ogre thing is a new scroll that dont replace nothing old,so if we add this new scroll one old scroll must be deleted.

citys gonna get cut 8 scrolls yes,but in truth gonna be 8+ the new warscrolls that dont replace old scrolls.

per example if we get other 5 new kits with new scrolls that gonna be 5 old scrolls removed in top of the 8 

i dont know if i am explaining it well.

we had 62 old scrolls before now gonna have in total 54 but of these only (random number here) 30 are old scrolls and then 24 are the new humans scrolls.

so in total we got 32 scrolls removed and not 8

the numbers are random but i dont know if you get my point

Oh it's all good  and i get what you are saying lol.

I know it's a lot more being cut, but I was not counting the human stuff since I figured it was all gone anyway........

And it's really 69 warscrolls with the 6 cursed city models and 1 hexbane unit. So a net loss of 15 units for the faction.

So the question I think now is are we getting a lot of new units to cover for everything getting cut or the non human cuts are not as bad as we feared?

i mean it could be similar to the Firstborn marine situation where it a slow culling then doing it in one go.

i still of the opinion that eventually those old fantasy models will be gone eventually and not everything will be replace one for one or be in cities of sigmar by the end of it (wanderers rebranding to Kurnothi and being part of Sylvaneth)

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

i mean it could be similar to the Firstborn marine situation where it a slow culling then doing it in one go.

i still of the opinion that eventually those old fantasy models will be gone eventually and not everything will be replace one for one or be in cities of sigmar by the end of it (wanderers rebranding to Kurnothi and being part of Sylvaneth)

8 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I for one was hoping for an almost complete cut of all Old World Models from the line. 

If we are being honest it will probably be a slow cutting of all the old models from the faction.

Cities was a placeholder like a lot of people said. I just don't think anybody realized how many years it was gonna take before GW finally get to every unit. In theory dark elves could be next, but who knows when that faction will come out?

• Like 1

I know GW is GW and has kept selling those WHFB minis for Cities because older players who have invested so much money and time into their minis would be dissapointed in not being able to use them and GW loves making money from new players and there wasnt a replacement Faction for those minis but I think they shouldve gradually been phased out long ago to avoid such a stark cutting.

Its on GW really for not releasing a Faction like Cities sooner.*

I dont want any WHFB minis in AOS at some point.

Out with the Old, in with the New.

*I know of production timelines and such but come on we've waited 8 years for Mortals!!

not-kidding.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Was it ever hinted that there would be other non-human characters within the new Cities range? Ogors are kitted out to fit in with the rest of the army, it would be nice to see some Aelves or Duradin within the new units.

I know we all want new Elves and Dwarves within their own factions, but particularly with Cities, it'd be really awesome to see all the races share the same aesthetic. Was this ever hinted at?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I'd say Swamp Orcs and Ironjaws are safe. Bonesplitters a lot less so.

I don't know why some of you have gotten in their heads that Bonesplitters are somehow on the chopping block and that their days are numbered until their inevitable extinction. They've been around since early AoS and always been present in the lore, albeit a bit in the background. But if it was the case they're scheduled for dissapearance, they wouldn't have received an Underworlds warband...

• Like 1

So if the wanderers are going out, then I would assume they end up becoming the Kurnothi with the Sylvaneth. The Phoenix temple will probably become a part of the Lumineth with new kits for the bird and the guards since phoenixes are a motif the Lumineth hold. If the leftover dark elves stay, that could mean that Malerion is still far away and there is no point in priming the fanbase for their inevitable removal right now. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't know why some of you have gotten in their heads that Bonesplitters are somehow on the chopping block and that their days are numbered until their inevitable extinction. They've been around since early AoS and always been present in the lore, albeit a bit in the background. But if it was the case they're scheduled for dissapearance, they wouldn't have received an Underworlds warband...

i don't think having an underworld warbands means that they are save considering that even the underworld warbands themselves seem to be a rotable product that can disappear one day.

not saving that Bonesplitterz are in trouble but people said that about the old Orruks and old Gitmob having lore bits and they just disappear one day as well

Edited by novakai
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Also is anyone else thinking that the manticore kit is a dual kit ? You know, the kind of dual kit where you get a big named leader on his big named monster, and a generic leader on a similar mount. A bit like Gobbsprak/Killaboss on Vulcha, Aventis/Arcanum on Tauralon, Gordrakk/Boss on Mawkrusha, etc.

I hope that's true but wouldn't they have stated that during the preview? I don't remember if they did so when they announced Gobbsprak or not. I'd love for a version of that model without the gigantic wooden framework behind her.

35 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Was it ever hinted that there would be other non-human characters within the new Cities range? Ogors are kitted out to fit in with the rest of the army, it would be nice to see some Aelves or Duradin within the new units.

I know we all want new Elves and Dwarves within their own factions, but particularly with Cities, it'd be really awesome to see all the races share the same aesthetic. Was this ever hinted at?

pretty sure they said this was mostly going to be humans like back in their initial preview of Freeguild, the ogors is most likely them copying from Imperial Guards

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Underworlds warbands run out of rotation as well.

The other two types of orcs are incredibly safe, and there is a good chance Bonesplitters are as well, but it's different because it doesn't have AoS era kits.

I know people are expecting a big range refresh for FEC (bc honestly they deserve it) but the new Harbinger box makes that seem really confusing. In the promo pics for the box set, the elites all got brand new paint jobs to match the aesthetic of FEC (which is shocking that it hadn't happened already) and it would be weird to release so many core line troops if the box is going to be updated in 6-12 months. I hope this means that any kind of FEC update is just adding More Units, since the entire range is ~4 boxes and a champion. Maybe some more mutated ghouls into different creatures like the Warcry baboons

99120207146_FECJerrionsDelegation01~2.jpg

• Like 6

Just a quiet reminder that with the Cities of Sigmar book 35 warscrolls went away for good. There's a whole generation of players at this point, who'd never seen an Grand Alliance Order soup army on the table. The game moved on, we have moved on, it's fine.

If there's a non unique manticore marshall possible, I'll plonk my general on gryphon on a bigger base. That's also fine. Without change the game will stagnate and die.

And we'd have nothing to get excited about. 

• Like 4

I just woke up and checked the reveals. MANTICORE. Big Scorpion KITTY! If I hadn't committed to Sons of Behemat, I'd be a Cities of Sigmar convert. So excited for them to have such a cool centerpiece model and more than just drip-fed reveals at long last!

The underworlds pack doesn't interest me, but hoo boy, Skaven pestilens fans are going to have fun- new censer bearers? \o/

And the Kruleboyz warband has me interested in getting into the game, whole-heartedly. I just love me some Monster Hunter and monster hunters. Drum Orruk feels very 2am drunk karaoke, like he's belting out some Whitney Houston and I am here for it.

image.png.04c61d8789dee31640bd218fc6d06050.pngAND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS

• Haha 9