The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Captaniser said:

But the Salamander and astrolith bearer are still for sale on both sites, and we know that they are getting a makeover.

They can be quite random about when/what they yank from the webstore.

The Cerberus was announced a while ago for 30k, but it's still up on the FW store even though most other stuff going plastic typically vanishes even before it gets confirmed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They can be quite random about when/what they yank from the webstore.

The Cerberus was announced a while ago for 30k, but it's still up on the FW store even though most other stuff going plastic typically vanishes even before it gets confirmed. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure they keep things up on the store until they run out of stock or hit a threshold of stock or time to release. 

Maybe people really went crazy for the Cold One Knights and Kroxigor before they went out.

10 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure they keep things up on the store until they run out of stock or hit a threshold of stock or time to release. 

Maybe people really went crazy for the Cold One Knights and Kroxigor before they went out.

krox maybe.. but why would anyone want the current cold one knights? 

SF

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Either way… it takes a man of very particular taste to appreciate these models.

Even Slaanesh shakes its head when you tell it that your biggest kink is collecting Morley and Morrison minis*. And it has heard A LOT.

*note: they all also made some really nice minis but a couple were quite unforunate (if iconic now for their wonkiness).

2 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

My favourite cold one variants are the aaancient Citadel sculpts, the ones loping on all fours. If GW followed its recent design cues of looking back to oldhammer models and using them as influences for its new cold ones, I’d be in heaven 😍 

when we heard new cold ones were coming with Lustria, i remember us liz players at the local store were happy. then we saw the models...

i liked the ones that came with the 2002 lizardmen armybox. (thats how i started my lizardmen back then).  at first i hated them, but then i saw the updated ones...

when you look at the current heads: 99120208018_SaurusKnights01.jpg

and compare to that ogre hunter:

sac0w8pi85l91.png

and the rumor that that head may be the new cold one designs going forward. 

there are some similarities. like i can see the above one being a proper design upgrade using the old one as a VERY rough starting point.  Even the art in the 7e/8e liz armybooks were bad cause when you see an art depiction of it as if its real, its even worse.

SF

Beyond the growing likelihood of getting new Kroxs and Cold Ones, I'm also holding out hope for some big centerpiece model. Almost every model release of this size has had one or more named characters, right? I know Kroak would have fit that bill perfectly, but he's already out in the wild. I would love a big thunderlizard plastered with skinks, lead by some Tehenhauin (Tehenhau-two?) Could be we get another reveal Monday after this one and maybe the rest shown off at Adepticon, including army box.

• LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Beyond the growing likelihood of getting new Kroxs and Cold Ones, I'm also holding out hope for some big centerpiece model. Almost every model release of this size has had one or more named characters, right? I know Kroak would have fit that bill perfectly, but he's already out in the wild. I would love a big thunderlizard plastered with skinks, lead by some Tehenhauin (Tehenhau-two?) Could be we get another reveal Monday after this one and maybe the rest shown off at Adepticon, including army box.

I would love a new monster but from what rumors we've gotten it doesn't look likely unless Cold Ones are just getting discontinued. Weeks ago I posted a list of 5 items

1. Astrolith Bearer

2. Salamander resculpt

3. Kroxigors

4. Cold one Knights

5. New monster 

Whitefang replied with "now pick 4" e

• Like 1

Though, we did get the updated Starseer, so there may be more that we have yet to see. A new Eternity Warden would be super slick as a bodyguard, especially if Temple Guard are going the way of the dodo. 

Or maybe Temple Guard will become more like the Praetors from Stormcast, a smaller group of bodyguard units that are bigger and more well armed? 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I would love a new monster but from what rumors we've gotten it doesn't look likely unless Cold Ones are just getting discontinued. Weeks ago I posted a list of 5 items

1. Astrolith Bearer

2. Salamander resculpt

3. Kroxigors

4. Cold one Knights

5. New monster 

Whitefang replied with "now pick 4" e

I'd honestly say it's more likely the new monster isn't happening. Cold One Knights seem much more realistic with us already having so many giant dinosaurs that don't look bad. 

• Like 8

I'll agree all of our monsters look good but none of them are truly "giant" under today's standards. I really want a dino that's the same size as a Maw-Krusha, Leviadon, Stardrake or Krondys. 

I've made peace that we're probably not getting a new monster and I al gladly looking forward to the rest of the new sculpts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I'll agree all of our monsters look good but none of them are truly "giant" under today's standards. I really want a dino that's the same size as a Maw-Krusha, Leviadon, Stardrake or Krondys. 

I've made peace that we're probably not getting a new monster and I al gladly looking forward to the rest of the new sculpts. 

Ya that my thing too. I remember when the first steg pics leaked in October 2008 (for the Feb 2009 7e release) and it looked so cool . It was just the head. After we got that though, skaven got the new screaming bell and then later the hellpit abomination.  Orcs got that dragon thing I think in 8e, etc. Stuff that back then was  on that newer larger base. Above the monster base.  Now there's the gargant army or whatever it's called etc. And the army of dinosaurs,   while it looks nice model wise, doesn't really fit what it should imho.  That art in the 7e army book should be the template 😛

but that's me.

Sf

7 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Id love nothing more than a massive AOSfied Sauropod Thunder Lizard crawling with Skinks!!

9 hours ago, StarFyreXXX said:

Ya that my thing too. I remember when the first steg pics leaked in October 2008 (for the Feb 2009 7e release) and it looked so cool . It was just the head. After we got that though, skaven got the new screaming bell and then later the hellpit abomination.  Orcs got that dragon thing I think in 8e, etc. Stuff that back then was  on that newer larger base. Above the monster base.  Now there's the gargant army or whatever it's called etc. And the army of dinosaurs,   while it looks nice model wise, doesn't really fit what it should imho.  That art in the 7e army book should be the template 😛

but that's me.

To offer a different perspective on this... I'm personally against the influx of big centrepiece models and I find the following ideas ludicrous: army of dinosaurs, army of gargants, army of giant sea turtles & whales, steam tanks, mammoths, dragons, magma-lizards etc.

Big models were supposed to spice up the armies, but bigger is not always better (and beyond certain threshold it is almost always worse), and too much spice can leave some bad taste. Current Kroak is spot-on - big, but acceptable; now I would be very happy if GW can focus on infantry & cavalry (aka the actual army) and not another monstrosity to match Nagash (fail), Archaon (fail), Kragnos (epic fail) or Teclis (fail).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, StarFyreXXX said:

i was actually not impressed that they made the king as a mod kit for the regular  gigant.  i thought he was supposed to be much bigger :(

Sorry Brodd :P

SF

I agree on this statement mate. I was all hype at announcement of the mini but the longer I looked at it the less excited I became. Brodd deserved his own mini and its a shame that he didnt recieve one. Its a beautiful mini though!!

8 minutes ago, Flippy said:

To offer a different perspective on this... I'm personally against the influx of big centrepiece models and I find the following ideas ludicrous: army of dinosaurs, army of gargants, army of giant sea turtles & whales, steam tanks, mammoths, dragons, magma-lizards etc.

Big models were supposed to spice up the armies, but bigger is not always better (and beyond certain threshold it is almost always worse), and too much spice can leave some bad taste. Current Kroak is spot-on - big, but acceptable; now I would be very happy if GW can focus on infantry & cavalry (aka the actual army) and not another monstrosity to match Nagash (fail), Archaon (fail), Kragnos (epic fail) or Teclis (fail).

giphy (1).gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1