The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Also, the idea that studios are "at war" is just inflamed clickbait nonsense. 

I think this is the case. The fact GW doesnt do anything about all this means they actually like all the attention all of their games are getting because of this, all free publicity. People are going to check out what all the fuzz is about.

10 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I think this is the case. The fact GW doesnt do anything about all this means they actually like all the attention all of their games are getting because of this, all free publicity. People are going to check out what all the fuzz is about.

But is it good publicity? I know the phrase about all publicity being positive, but I think this damages their image pretty hard.

35 minutes ago, Hollow said:

But it isn't. You seem to be insisting that "Asian" = 1 type of Chinese aesthetic and that's it. Who would have thought there would be more than a dozen different esoteric Chaos mortal factions explored through WarCry when AoS first released?

Also, the idea that studios are "at war" is just inflamed clickbait nonsense. 

Is not about Asians, it was just an example. The Warcry warbands are a fair point, but I think they shifted from that approach (hence the removal). I see potential on CoS from something like what you are asking for. I think they could become "the new S2D" via the different AoS universe games, as we've seen with The Brethren of the Bolt.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If Cathay gets released for TOW (which seems very likely IMO), this would make this Chinese-like aesthetic impossible for AoS. If we have this in mind there's not that much room for human variations in AoS.

not necessarily

like we have Cities of sigmar and The Empire share 15th century west europen knights, Slaves to darkness are near 1:1 with even the Darkoath being more Cimmerian there still various nordic and hun aesthetic to them parallel the Kurgan (espicalling in the Tarmakhan book) and Norscan, Soulblight gravelords has various slavic aesthetic added on to them despite Kislev coming around & Lumineth and High elves are sharing the Grecian aesthetic

and while were on the Lumienth they also have various blend of chinese influence from their Windmage who just lifting Wukong cloud riding, the Bladeguard are just samurai with Corinthian helms, various mages having various chinese alchemist clothing 

We are also assuming assuming Cathay is just "chinese-like aesthetic" as one androgynous aesthetic when they very distinctly from timeline to timeline as Cathay is more Han dynasty (pic one) aesthetic but widely different from say Ming dynasty (pic two)

Suits of armour supposedly from the Eastern Han dynasty : r/ArmsandArmor

Evolution of Chinese armor from the Warring states all the way to the Qing  : r/Kingdom

They can come same historical influence but will simply have to be distinct from one another to 

Edited by Dragon-knight77
didn't finish writing
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

If we're getting a new army this edition I just hope it's something new, not an offshoot of an existing idea that is already in AoS.

I mean the current rumor is Chaos dwarfs so shrug

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I think GW clickbait and rage is rather small and inconsequential to matter. Nothing happen that moves the needle of events.

it definitely not the same tier of drama to Hasbros/ WoTC which may have more ramifications which actual get proper media coverage sometimes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Destruction wishlist idea of the day.

I would love for Destruction to get a faerie faction along the lines of the mtg ones and make them hate creation like the rest of the grand alliance. I think it fits AoS really well. Could also include an Avalon/ Atlantis kind of theme to it. Would prefer this to even more greenskins. They could still follow Gorkamorka but havent figured out how yet.

image.png.946fb8ba37d15e253b95069c0ec43aa3.png

image.png.82cb6c6fb7d37f631c79ebda6538acf2.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Destruction wishlist idea of the day.

I would love for Destruction to get a faerie faction along the lines of the mtg ones and make them hate creation like the rest of the grand alliance. I think it fits AoS really well. Could also include an Avalon/ Atlantis kind of theme to it. Would prefer this to even more greenskins. They could still follow Gorkamorka but havent figured out how yet.

Honestly Sylvaneth already have the fairie themes, even the evil fairy themes what with Drycha. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly Sylvaneth already have the fairie themes, even the evil fairy themes what with Drycha. 

I can see what u mean but i do think its different enough. To me Sylvaneth feel more like angry woods that dont want any visitors.

I picture these faeries more like imps in a more active aggressive way, they could raid cities over night. Give them the magic to make people forget they have been seen. So everyone thinks they dont exist and are creatures of legend. 

(I need to find myself some 3d printed range of minis that i can use to proxy now, they scale would be weird though)

Edited by Gitzdee

Posted (edited)

If anything for destro I'd love Zoats! Those recent models are dope!

Edit: But honestly I think there's enough untapped potential among the existing orruks, grots, hobgrots, troggs, ogors, and gargants to keep things interesting. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

Oh and i love these new Jezzails. They are just like how i would picture them updated to todays standards. I also feel like we could conclude what the rest of the models will look like. They seem to closely follow the older classic sculpts and dont do anything too fancy with it. Also dont think we will be seeing any of the other clans anytime soon, at least not an AoS release.

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

not necessarily

like we have Cities of sigmar and The Empire share 15th century west europen knights, Slaves to darkness are near 1:1 with even the Darkoath being more Cimmerian there still various nordic and hun aesthetic to them parallel the Kurgan (espicalling in the Tarmakhan book) and Norscan, Soulblight gravelords has various slavic aesthetic added on to them despite Kislev coming around & Lumineth and High elves are sharing the Grecian aesthetic

and while were on the Lumienth they also have various blend of chinese influence from their Windmage who just lifting Wukong cloud riding, the Bladeguard are just samurai with Corinthian helms, various mages having various chinese alchemist clothing 

We are also assuming assuming Cathay is just "chinese-like aesthetic" as one androgynous aesthetic when they very distinctly from timeline to timeline as Cathay is more Han dynasty (pic one) aesthetic but widely different from say Ming dynasty (pic two)

Suits of armour supposedly from the Eastern Han dynasty : r/ArmsandArmor

Evolution of Chinese armor from the Warring states all the way to the Qing  : r/Kingdom

They can come same historical influence but will simply have to be distinct from one another to 

That's interesting and having a visual reference definitely helps.

I would say CoS falls in between the Empire and Bretonia, rather than sharing the field with the Empire. With the already-established factions would be harder to be too different.

I am not too used to the TWW Cathay roster, but it is more closed to the first pic, right? Cathay looks very "AoS" as a WHFB faction and wouldn't surprise me if they mix aesthetics from different time periods.

Where I see that we could definitely have Asian influence is for Malerion and his shadow daemons. I think that one will have a mix between the remanence of Dark Elves and a highly influenced Asian side for the shadow-themed side of the army.

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I can see what u mean but i do think its different enough. To me Sylvaneth feel more like angry woods that dont want any visitors.

I picture these faeries more like imps in a more active aggressive way, they could raid cities over night. Give them the magic to make people forget they have been seen. So everyone thinks they dont exist and are creatures of legend. 

(I need to find myself some 3d printed range of minis that i can use to proxy now, they scale would be weird though)

Remove the faeries bit and you have Skavens 😅

• Haha 1

Oh and i love these new Jezzails. They are just like how i would picture them updated to todays standards. I also feel like we could conclude what the rest of the models will look like. They seem to closely follow the older classic sculpts and dont do anything too fancy with it. Also dont think we will be seeing any of the other clans anytime soon, at least not an AoS release.

Even with them being pretty similar to the original idea, they all have the AoS touch. In this case the warpstone backpack. A bit like Seraphons which look the same but hold more futuristic weapons.

Idoneth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Imo, Idoneth would be better off in Death or Destruction, they'd have more room to expand than in the already bloated order/aelves Grand Alliance

I actually would have liked them in Destruction.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I actually would have liked them in Destruction.

Death would make sense, after all they are already all about those souls, but how would Destruction work for them?

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Goodness me. You go off doing real life stuff with the family for a weekend and the Rumour Thread goes off topic (shock-horror! :D )

Folks, back to rumours please. Anything else, start a new topic please.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

That sounds like a sub-theme for Sylvaneth

• Like 1