The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I would like to add that all these beloved models getting cut but the bloody Krondspine Incarnate still being around shows that if nothing else, GW has a sense of humor. 

I like it! I would love for both the Endless Spells and Incarnate ranges to get expanded. With a proper balance, they are an interesting addition to the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Ejecutor

If you mean the commemorative killaboss and the stomcast wizard they're only available for a month and I got mine less than a week after they went on sale. 

yeah I also got my killaboss pretty fast, I'm guessing they already had a selection of stock and any orders exceeding that will go to be printed and shipped later

27 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

if they're doing this for a LARGE chunk of squatted models, why wouldn't they include more of existing Legends during their rewrites..?

Once again: the squatted models are not going to legends. They're getting matched play rules. Those rules cease being matched play legal next year.

• Thanks 4

They all get Index rules though Indexes are just placeholders in the end for battletomes. You would just hope that the parity between Index and battletome isn’t that vast for the remaining life of those AoS armies.

TBF I think only like 1/3 of the armies will be updated by summer 2025. 

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Once again: the squatted models are not going to legends. They're getting matched play rules. Those rules cease being matched play legal next year.

Nobody wondering why all these things are getting squatted? Do we expect something to happen that causes this change/removal of armies? Some kind of mid season narrative campaign?

Just give me a renewed BoC and reimagined/ integrated BS please.

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Nobody wondering why all these things are getting squatted? Do we expect something to happen that causes this change/removal of armies? Some kind of mid season narrative campaign?

Would be nice if there's some lore explanation, but GW also could go radio silence. Like what happened with Wanderers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

He'll get a 3rd edition warscroll, as he'll be released next month. GW has no history of updating legends warscrolls.

Because of changes to bravery and other mechanics, all 3rd edition legends warscrolls will automatically become invalid at the turn of the edition. Therefore Grombrindal will automatically become invalid at 4th edition.

That's not quite true. While legends warscrolls haven't been updated for 3rd edition, they were still usable in the 3rd edition ruleset and technically didn't need an update even if they were horrible. And, they did update legends datasheets for 10th edition 40k, at least quite a lot of them.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

GW has no history of updating legends warscrolls.

On the contrary, they have done this before. Greenskinz, Order Draconis, Swifthawk Agents, and others that were already Legends by the end of 2nd edition were updated at the start of 3e to make them consistent with edition changes, particularly the way that command abilities work. 

They weren’t comprehensive; earlier Legends weren’t updated, such as Bretonnians and Tomb Kings.  They also didn’t put a whole lot of work into these updates, but they did update them, which is the key point. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Bonesplittaz are killed when their tattoos turn out to be no match for Skaven bullets, and the BoC are grabbed by a giant hand and dragged back to the Old World.

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Would be nice if there's some lore explanation, but GW also could go radio silence. Like what happened with Wanderers.

Yes thats is true, but they did get replaced by one of the biggest army refreshes GW has done so far. So im wondering what BoC and BS get replaced by or made room for. Silent people? Frazzlegitz? Something weird?

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Yes thats is true, but they did get replaced by one of the biggest army refreshes GW has done so far. So im wondering what BoC and BS get replaced by or made room for. Silent people? Frazzlegitz? Something weird?

Chorfs, if we speak about releases around the same time that they disappear. If not, probably BoC with Kragnos destro army and BS with what we already got for IJ.

16 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Well going by history

Greenskinz/wanderers/swifthawk agents: exist in the background but rarely mentioned again if at all

Gitmob: exists in the background but did came back with one mini

Lion rangers/order Draconis/ Eldritch council : umm we forgot about these guys

Phonecium: your city get blown up

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

probably Chorfs, Kruleboyz seperate, or maybe kragnos army

13 minutes ago, elescapo said:

On the contrary, they have done this before. Greenskinz, Order Draconis, Swifthawk Agents, and others that were already Legends by the end of 2nd edition were updated at the start of 3e to make them consistent with edition changes, particularly the way that command abilities work. 

They weren’t comprehensive; earlier Legends weren’t updated, such as Bretonnians and Tomb Kings.  They also didn’t put a whole lot of work into these updates, but they did update them, which is the key point. 

There were mistakes in these 3e legends scrolls that were never fixed. I.e this. As someone else said. Legends = Graveyard.image.png.6c62144870cc60c9a6cdc25e03acf28f.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

There were mistakes in these 3e legends scrolls that were never fixed. I.e this. As someone else said. Legends = Graveyard.

I'm not arguing that they are continually updated with FAQ's and errata, just that they survived the edition rollover, which is the central point of the debate about Grombrindal.

That's a 3e warscroll for Swifthawk Chariots.  If Legends are written once and never touched again, it shouldn't exist.

In 40k, Legends got new datasheets for 10e when they completely rewrote the rules.  Will they do the same for AoS?  I would think so.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

But there's still hope for Grombi in 4h ed.

100%. Why wouldn't they. Otherwise he was only useable for a month or so. I think he will get a proper 4th edition warscroll and than placed in legends. It can't be much work for GW to transform his 3rd edition warscroll to a 4th edition warscroll.

15 minutes ago, elescapo said:

I'm not arguing that they are continually updated with FAQ's and errata, just that they survived the edition rollover, which is the central point of the debate about Grombrindal.

That's a 3e warscroll for Swifthawk Chariots.  If Legends are written once and never touched again, it shouldn't exist.

In 40k, Legends got new datasheets for 10e when they completely rewrote the rules.  Will they do the same for AoS?  I would think so.

Thanks for setting me right! That's slightly more hopeful. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

and once again, what happens when they stop getting matched play rules? They get Legends support until 5e

edit: thank you @elescapo for remembering what happened from 2e -> 3e for Legends

so we even have proof there's no reason to assume existing Legends WON'T be rewritten once for 4e.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The wanderers are around as of Gotrek short story The One Road so it mostly just going to be a more Swifthawk case of them canon but background with a refrence  here or there until GW want to do something 

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well going by history

Greenskinz/wanderers/swifthawk agents: exist in the background but rarely mentioned again if at all

Gitmob: exists in the background but did came back with one mini

Lion rangers/order Draconis/ Eldritch council : umm we forgot about these guys

Phonecium: your city get blown up

gitmob are definitely being built back up again after being squatted. I'm fully expecting another gitz wave in the first year of aos4 to release new grots and spiders so ToW can have the current ones, I could see gitmob making it in if the release is big enough.