AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

3 hours ago, LeonBox said:

I completely missed the amendment to Invaders and have been playing the +2 because of the core rule errata. Why on earth would they make the multiple general thing explicit in the core rules and then specifically exempt us in a different document also released in the same day? How many armies even have multiple generals? 

They just hate Slaanesh

4 minutes ago, azdimy said:

They just hate Slaanesh

Or - and this is just a theory - they didn't want to allow for a sub-faction to get access to an extra CP on a 2+ quite that trivially.  So while they're fine with the general concept of the loss of a second general (which generally comes with a SIGNIFICANT point cost) allowing for a 2+ Heroic action CP, the idea of Invaders being able to sacrifice an expendable redundant general for that bit was a bit too much?

My experience thus far says the opposite about how GW feels about Slaanesh - the faction has some issues (some units are so expensive they'll generally only be summoned rather than purchased with points - but they're still probably worth summoning) but its not the unplayable mess I originally heard it being sold as at the start of 3E.  2/1/1 against players more experienced than I am feels like a solid record.  The design feels "good", and like it just needs tweaks, not massive fundamental fixes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selpharia said:

I don’t know if that tracks. They’ve given us an awful lot of new models. I wonder if we won’t see a significant overhaul, because it does seem like they don’t know what they want from the faction

The new range is beautiful and we got a lot of new kits. Assembling slickblades riders and bllisbarb archers was a horrible experience however

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else has built one of the Twins yet, but their fingers are the most insanely fiddly things I've ever had to glue. They're tiny. Does anyone have any recommendations for handling them? I cannot get them into position properly to save my life. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

I don't know if anyone else has built one of the Twins yet, but their fingers are the most insanely fiddly things I've ever had to glue. They're tiny. Does anyone have any recommendations for handling them? I cannot get them into position properly to save my life. 

Pray. Yeah, I built both twins. It was tough. Those fingers were ridiculously fiddly. I’d say use a good pair of tweezers and try to assemble fingers onto arms while they’re still off the body. 

Nobody told me that “excess” when it came to models meant excessively frustrating small parts! 

• Like 2

Yes, god, they’re awful. Funnily enough each one of my twins has missing fingers on opposite hands because the fingers fell into the great void of the floor and I couldn’t find them. I tried looking for many hours but then called it, deciding that they must each be in the middle of forming that hand into a Keeper-like claw

• Like 2

As for recs, I had some success with dry fit -> plastic glue which you let dry  partially, then wiggling them into place. Use super glue only if absolutely necessary, they’re small enough that I ended up with my fingers being like 80% covered in super glue before most of them finally adhered 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LeonBox said:

I don t look forward to it then. I have not touched my two boxes of them. I can t imagine it will be as bad as the bliisbarb archers where you have to juggle trough 4 sprues where bits are randomly placed for each model and the number given in the instructions are consecutive on the instructions rather than on the sprue for probably the worst customer experience 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Are the archers that bad? I haven’t gotten any yet, I’m putting up a Skaven sale/trade thread for Blissbarbs

They're tricky, but not too bad - I found Slickblades harder. The archers feel more like 'clever' modeling where things just end up fitting together but not really in a logical way.

I've only had issue with like two of the models. The leader on my first attempt didn't stay together well, i must've not cleaned a piece right. A friend fixed her pretty well. Also the model that sits on the daemon head. I don't know what happens but every time there was a big gap on his thigh that I have to fill. I don't think I'm cutting something off, but it's weird. 

Slicks are much more fiddly. You can try to do just the seekers in a sub assembly, but with how the riders sit, you can't fully build the rider with bending the rider into place. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carnith said:

I've only had issue with like two of the models. The leader on my first attempt didn't stay together well, i must've not cleaned a piece right. A friend fixed her pretty well. Also the model that sits on the daemon head. I don't know what happens but every time there was a big gap on his thigh that I have to fill. I don't think I'm cutting something off, but it's weird. 

I had similar issues -- the leader head came out weird, and I had like two with missing thigh portions that I was completely unable to fix. 

The worse thing about the archers by a country mile, though, was painting them. They're detailed models, which is great. But they're detailed models, each with their own little trinkets and baubles, and it took me forever to fully finish them. There was always one last vial or severed head or hook hidden somewhere. 

Slicks are much more fiddly. You can try to do just the seekers in a sub assembly, but with how the riders sit, you can't fully build the rider with bending the rider into place. 

I haven't touched either box of my exalted seekers yet, and I'm not looking forward to doing so after all I've heard about them. 

Edited by LeonBox
  • Like 1

The archers are a bit like a Warcry kit, with some very particular part combinations, make sure you're doing thorough dry-fitting before you use any glue.  But, yeah, they're very fiddly to paint, every one of those 6+ battleline chumps thinks they're a hero and has the detail to match.

For the Seekers the actual mounts are no trouble at all, but a couple of the riders are pretty tricky and, again, you want to make sure to figure out exactly what angle a part is supposed to sit at before gluing.

• Like 1

On social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) I've noticed a lot more people winning with Slaanesh now - especially new players who are having their first game.

It could just be confirmation bias, but if not, it's nice to see that 3e has made us a bit easier to use and I'm assuming based of experience and what I've seen, considerably stronger.

Interestingly, many of these new players have said Myrmidesh have been their MVP.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Enoby said:

On social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) I've noticed a lot more people winning with Slaanesh now - especially new players who are having their first game.

It could just be confirmation bias, but if not, it's nice to see that 3e has made us a bit easier to use and I'm assuming based of experience and what I've seen, considerably stronger.

Interestingly, many of these new players have said Myrmidesh have been their MVP.

On Mymidesh - I stand by my point I made pages ago - Painbringers traded rerolls for a static bonus which is statistically only significantly worse against Rend 0, and becomes significantly better against ANY rend the moment you add any of the available additional save bonuses.   Saves are very strong in 3e, and are kindof the developing meta.   

Meaning the fact that they also bring Mortal Wounds, to bypass saves, is also extremely relevant.  Especially since these are the good "in addition" mortal wounds and stack with our extra hits.  

I don't think they're any more overcosted (+30%) than any of the rest of the faction, and their abilities feel like they fit pretty well into the paradigms of 3e. 

Edited by KrispyXIV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KrispyXIV said:

On Mymidesh - I stand by my point I made pages ago - Painbringers traded rerolls for a static bonus which is statistically only significantly worse against Rend 0, and becomes significantly better against ANY rend the moment you add any of the available additional save bonuses.   Saves are very strong in 3e, and are kindof the developing meta.   

Meaning the fact that they also bring Mortal Wounds, to bypass saves, is also extremely relevant.  Especially since these are the good "in addition" mortal wounds and stack with our extra hits.  

I don't think they're any more overcosted (+30%) than any of the rest of the faction, and their abilities feel like they fit pretty well into the paradigms of 3e. 

I think the prevalence of 3+ save ignoring -1 rend (this is achievable literally with any 4+ save unit in the game) means that going forward this will be the standard defensive profile of the game, and most competitive lists will be built to bypass this.

6 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Score. Just sold stuff to fund some blissbarbs. 3 boxes sound appropriate?

My plan is to end up with 3 units of Blissbarbs, with two as a normal battleline setup and the option for a meme/gimmick super-blob in a pinch.

Hah, having recently painted one box of Blissbarbs I'm not sure I could suffer the grind of working through another unit, nevermind two more!  (But I don't generally like painting more than one of anything in any case.)

That said I do think two units of Blissbarbs would make for a pretty solid battleline selection, I've only used them in one game so far but I was fairly impressed by their ranged output, though I do wish they could trigger Euphoric Killers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Hah, having recently painted one box of Blissbarbs I'm not sure I could suffer the grind of working through another unit, nevermind two more!  (But I don't generally like painting more than one of anything in any case.)

100% this. I got two boxes of blissbarbs, but the thought of opening that second box fills me with mortal dread. I may commission someone to paint them but I don't think I'll be able to do it myself. 

25 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

I’m going through painting my first 11 now and they are shaping up to take almost as long to get through as a twin

Much, much longer I'd say. I find big models so much easier to paint and get through one in perhaps 13-14 hours of solid painting. I don't know how many hours I spent on the blissbarbs, but I was painting them exclusively for over two weeks.