AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

1 hour ago, Lurynsar said:

Did you know the Lord of Pains ability is not limited to melee attacks?

Unfortunately it is. The command ability is used in the combat phase, and the buff only lasts for the remainder of that phase.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Enoby said:

I imaging this was a poor BoC list, but it certainly didn't inspire much confidence in their faction. I hope they get a new book soon - they need it! 

Really great write up glad your army worked out.

What was weird about the beast player no sacrifice unit so didn't play with the summoning they have, it doesn't matter if it's smashed of not as it's not part of the warscroll. But definitely something I would target to smash every time.

It's also weird seeing beasts of chaos without board control it's really the only thing we do that's half decent as that should have screened sigvald out easily with a normal list. 

I'm currently practicing for a tournament in July where I'm running beasts. 

It's a shame we can't being negative armour saves or rend buffs to the table as synergy with the twinsouls would be amazing! 

You'll have to let me know when you get the mirror off and to see how it works with the new edition. 

Dex and sigvald really do seem like the best things we have now!

11 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Unfortunately it is. The command ability is used in the combat phase, and the buff only lasts for the remainder of that phase.

See. I knew I was missing something. I literally played it as melee only all of Second. And for some reason my eyes glazed over that yesterday. Oh well. It’s a shame, but not the end of the world. Blissbarbs continue to confuse me, but I’m starting to get more use out of them. 

Thanks for pointing that out! Don’t know how I didn’t click it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lurynsar said:

See. I knew I was missing something. I literally played it as melee only all of Second. And for some reason my eyes glazed over that yesterday. Oh well. It’s a shame, but not the end of the world. Blissbarbs continue to confuse me, but I’m starting to get more use out of them. 

Thanks for pointing that out! Don’t know how I didn’t click it. 

No problem, we're all still adjusting to the new edition. Your list made me realize that I had also read one of the new rules wrong with core battalions, as I thought a commander needed to have 10 or more wounds, but it turns out only sub commanders are limited in their wounds.

The new edition has really thrown off my list-making process. I like hellstriders with the new points, but it's a difficult decision between them or myrmadesh. I know I want to bring at least 10 twinsouls, so it makes sense to bring a lord of pain, but if I'm running two units of hellstriders and some blissbarbs then I could just drop him and take the twinsouls as non-battleline. However, myrmadesh are incredibly tanky in combat, and with the increased focus on MSU this edition they seem like they'd have a solid place in my lists.

It's agonizing to cover my necessary bases while still fitting in what I want with these new points. I may just end up writing an all-mounted list and an all-foot list and mix and match depending on how they independently perform.

Hey all, y'all inspired me to join TGA just to get in on this discussion. I'm looking to start Hedonites going into 3.0 (absolutely insane, I know, but the models and lore are too good.) I've been theorizing about a Lurid Host list with Dexcessa and Sigvald, supported by the Mortal Infantry Squad (TM) and Blissbarb Seekers for free DP, extra wounds, and speed. One list I came up with was:

Warlord:

Lord of Pain (155)
*General - Feverish Anticipation
*Artefact - Oil of Exultation
Shardspeaker (150)
*Artefact - Rod of Misrule
*Spell - Dark Delusions
Sigvald (265)
*General
5x Blissbarb Seekers (220)

Battle Regiment:

Dexcessa (280)
*General
10x Twinsouls (370)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline

Total: 1980/2000

The game plan would be to drop Sigvald/Dexcessa as distractions/blenders and move up the field with the mortal infantry and have the Seekers peppering backline units for DP and running where needed for objective control. The goal would be to drop a Seeker and a blob of Daemonettes ASAP to fill any gaps.

I realize that I'm missing out on things like Glutos and Endless spells, and I'm also unsure about the regiments- I feel like the extra CP/Artefact are worth it, but giving up first turn seems like a bad thing for us. I'm looking for feedback because I love these models, but want to be able to play them against some of the more serious lists before I fully commit to a build.

Any feedback/thoughts would be really appreciated, and I love seeing these big writeups!!

Edited by mcnuggs
Grammar
  • Like 2

The game plan would be to drop Sigvald/Dexcessa as distractions/blenders and move up the field with the mortal infantry and have the Seekers peppering backline units for DP and running where needed for objective control. The goal would be to drop a Seeker and a blob of Daemonettes ASAP to fill any gaps.

I realize that I'm missing out on things like Glutos and Endless spells, and I'm also unsure about the regiments- I feel like the extra CP/Artefact are worth it, but giving up first turn seems like a bad thing for us. I'm looking for feedback because I love these models, but want to be able to play them against some of the more serious lists before I fully commit to a build.

Any feedback/thoughts would be really appreciated, and I love seeing these big writeups!!

ähm....

sigvald drop, jes Dexcessa no (9inch charge is too heavy) let her run and charge. saver

i think u Need more Firepower 4 DP, and for Drops: go 1 (or max 2) and start or go as many as u want and take the second turn.

So my first 2 List:

ArchiList (okay he is way too cheap):

Allegiance: Slaanesh (2er Drop)
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)

Leaders
Archaon the Everchosen (830)
-
Host Option: General
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)
-
Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (115)
-
General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture

Battleline
10 x ChaosWarrior

Shield and Halbereds (200)
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
The Burning Head (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 85

Okay its simple, Archi and Glutos rage extrem and then.... the rest.

Or (my next List i try):

Allegiance: Slaanesh 1 Drop….

Leaders
-
Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture
The Contorted Epitome (255)
-
General
Sigvald  (265)
-

Battleline
22 x Blissbarb Archers (360)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135)
Units
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)

Dreadfull Visage (90)

Total: 1990/ 2000
Wounds: 94

The Idea:

Sigvald in the Luzard drop (and Maybe 10 Archer)

DreadVisage in the Front of the Line, killing 1-2 Modells in 4-5 Units with the archer and maybe on ONE big scary realy dmg, first turn charge with sigvald and the seeker..... and the end of turn 1 1-2 Modells in every unit run because of bravery. with selfdistrukion maybe 8-9 DP and littlel fire everywere.

If we face many MSU Armys maybe this could be a way we can go ?!

Honestly for hedonites I think it can be fine to not be 1 drop, with our speed and lurid haze we can deploy hyper defensively turn 1 behind heavy cover (our army is small enough lol) and keep valuable assets in lurid haze outflank. use CP to keep armour saves up on mymidesh and try stay far enough back to avoid most t1 charges. Then our turn 1 pick the "advance 3 units" for objective and just run archers + shardpeaker + dexcessa (all can run for free basically) 

Our plan barely changes depending on turn, just if you know you wont get a chance at getting first turn just deploy units more safely

-Push for heavy alpha strike with sigvald, have him be in a vanguarg detatch for the re roll charge

-dexcessa might be able to make a t1 charge aswell

-rest of army just spreads out to get objectives and sprinkle damage, maybe some of your cav either makes a t1 charge, steals an objective or sets up as t2 threat

I think the key units for hedonites to master will be

-sigvald- Knowing how to atleast trade him for 120% of his points in value if not more, either sacking him into a big threat for him to cripple, or into a tanky expensive unit of mortek, fyreslayers or huge block of wardens/sentinels. Also how to use him later into the game, t2 he should either heal if hes stuck in combat to tank longer, or if he kills his target pop finest hour for a 2nd high value turn.

-dexcessa- A little more easy to use than sigvald, mostly knowing if you want to use her to turn pressure up with 2 turn 1 charges, or have her chill to be a t2 threat once they deal with sigvald

-shardspeaker-  The spells you take on her kit her out very differently, she can either be a great if unreliable debuffer, or just chucking some endless spells. Knowing where to throw reflection eternal and twisted mirror will be important. Interesting 2nd spells on her are battle rapture if going wide on blissbarbs,  dark delusions for more debuffs, or the mist spell if you are in heavier shooting meta might have alot of value. I could even see using metamorphisis on sigvald. Her main issue is she is very short range.

-Masque- 135 points to shut off shooting units, with 4+ ward she is more tanky vs sentinels and other mw spam than expected, can double heal if needed. If you can get her to tag any shooting unit or other MSU unit she will earn her points back

-endless spells- you can do some jank stuff if you plan to hide army for t1, like fire an endless spell through whole force for like 8dp t1

Most lists are going to revolve around 3 styles for their core with some hybrids.

3x5 hellstriders (fast and cheap, probably the most competetive and leans more into pushing the t1 alpha strike)

Myrmidesh+twinsouls (tanky but expensive, probably most consistant build output and durability wise)

Blissbarb spam (good range, solid vs slower armies, needs morale boosts. Very very good if dexcessa and sigvald do enough damage t1 to lock opponent on their side of board for 2 turns so you can summon daemonette screens)

• Like 2

Hi All,

I have been lurking on the forum for some time now, and really like your expertise and feedback on the hedonite of slaanesh. I have started an Hedonite of Slaanesh Collection (already painted 10 pain bringers, 5 twinsouls, 11 blissbarb archers, Sigvald, Keeper of Secret, 10 Slickblade seekers and 10 Blissbarb Seekers.) 

I will soon play against a friend Orruk army (once i have some more mini painted as we dont play with grey miniature).

My BIG issue is how to deal with his MAWcrusher ? Do you just lock him in place with chaff unit ? How do you kill him without taking too much loss ?  What is our best solution against a MAWcrusher ?

I was thinking about Synessa shooting him from afar (with a potential D6 mortal wound) and casting pavane of slaanesh  (as it is range free with 12 dice doing mortal wound on 5+  Turn 1) until soft enough for a one shot charge Turn 2/3.

What are your thoughts ?

1 hour ago, ibel said:

ArchiList (okay he is way too cheap):

Allegiance: Slaanesh (2er Drop)

Leaders
Archaon the Everchosen (830)
-
-
Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (115)
-
General
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture

Battleline
10 x ChaosWarrior

Shield and Halbereds (200)

The Burning Head (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 85

I like the list, but just to warn you that you can no longer take Chaos Warriors as battleline :)

Other than that, I have a feeling Archaon will destroy a lot of lists, and he'll be almost impossible to kill. Glutos is no slouch either. 

It will dominate a lot of lists by brute strength, though if Archaon dies then it's game over - unfortunately he's relatively weak to being slapped around by big, high rend, large damage weapons as he has no ward save.

Also, I'm not sure you gain more than you lose with Lurid Haze. I'd recommend dropping it as giving yourself the Rod of Misrule and Glory Hog on the sorcerer. The extra +1 save CA doesn't matter when there's really only two things you want to use it on (and all out defence/mystic shield has you covered there). 

2 hours ago, ibel said:

Allegiance: Slaanesh 1 Drop….

Leaders
-
Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture
The Contorted Epitome (255)
-
General
Sigvald  (265)
-

Battleline
22 x Blissbarb Archers (360)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135)
Units
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)

Dreadfull Visage (90)

Total: 1990/ 2000
Wounds: 94

This is pretty similar to my lists - only one commend is to replace the visage with the wheels for an extra 10 points as they're very strong with depravity.

2 hours ago, mcnuggs said:

Warlord:

Lord of Pain (155)
*General - Feverish Anticipation
*Artefact - Oil of Exultation
Shardspeaker (150)
*Artefact - Rod of Misrule
*Spell - Dark Delusions
Sigvald (265)
*General

Battle Regiment:

Dexcessa (280)
*General
10x Twinsouls (370)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline

Total: 1980/2000

I like this list - again, similar to the one I use though I tend not to use the blissbarb seekers.

I'd recommend playing about with them, but if I'm reading that right, you have two units - it may be worth swapping one to Slickblades for more pressure on the front :) 

I think Synessa got some added value now with all the point increases, as she is relatively cheap. Someone said that he is not sure about her because he prefer to have more bodies, but she is a monster that count as 5 bodies even when damaged, she can be as low as 1 wounds and still count as 5. That mean she can easily steal a point camped by a 5 bodies elite unit from a safe spot killing one with the ranged attack.

Also, she is probably the better support for Twinsouls. Our army dosn't have buffs to rend, but the monstrous rampage roar is effectively the same as -1 rend because it prevent the use of All Out Defense and stacks with the use of All Out Attack on the Twinsouls allowing a better combo.

She can self-heal with heroic actions and spells, and unleash hell more effectively than a unit of 11 Blissbarb (unafected by -1 to hit)

If you perform her full combo she is not a bad damage dealer either. We got better choices for damage, but she can win some duels on her own if needed later in the game (1d3 from spell + 1d3 from stomp +1d3/6 from shoot + 2.78 from claws agaisnt 4+ save)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyPippa said:

Hi All,

I have been lurking on the forum for some time now, and really like your expertise and feedback on the hedonite of slaanesh. I have started an Hedonite of Slaanesh Collection (already painted 10 pain bringers, 5 twinsouls, 11 blissbarb archers, Sigvald, Keeper of Secret, 10 Slickblade seekers and 10 Blissbarb Seekers.) 

I will soon play against a friend Orruk army (once i have some more mini painted as we dont play with grey miniature).

My BIG issue is how to deal with his MAWcrusher ? Do you just lock him in place with chaff unit ? How do you kill him without taking too much loss ?  What is our best solution against a MAWcrusher ?

I was thinking about Synessa shooting him from afar (with a potential D6 mortal wound) and casting pavane of slaanesh  (as it is range free with 12 dice doing mortal wound on 5+  Turn 1) until soft enough for a one shot charge Turn 2/3.

What are your thoughts ?

I think best tactic is to shoot him down a little, fire full round of blissbarbs into him, hit him with what debuffs synessa or a shardspeaker can hit it with then use sigvald to snipe out the last of the wounds. As much as we want to use blissbarbs for extra DP, they are very nice for knocking wounds off a target to ensure sigvald claims the kill. Do what you can to get target to around 8-10 wounds and sigvald should do enough to remove it. If set up right you can one turn him in lurid if you really value the alpha (will likely cost you sigvald in the trade)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Feorag said:

Really great write up glad your army worked out.

What was weird about the beast player no sacrifice unit so didn't play with the summoning they have, it doesn't matter if it's smashed of not as it's not part of the warscroll. But definitely something I would target to smash every time.

It's also weird seeing beasts of chaos without board control it's really the only thing we do that's half decent as that should have screened sigvald out easily with a normal list. 

I'm currently practicing for a tournament in July where I'm running beasts. 

It's a shame we can't being negative armour saves or rend buffs to the table as synergy with the twinsouls would be amazing! 

You'll have to let me know when you get the mirror off and to see how it works with the new edition. 

Dex and sigvald really do seem like the best things we have now!

To be fair to the BoC player, they had forgotton their models so they were working off what they had available to proxy - had they had their own army, they'd have used Tzeentch :P

But yeah, the BoC player had an especially poor list.

If we had some sort of way to hand out rend then I think twinsouls would be some of the best damage dealers in the game. In a way, I quite like that they have no rend - it is worse for them, but I like them to have the niche of horde blender to let other units shine - we don't want an Idoneth Eel problem. 

I will make sure to do so - I want to test Glutos next. Kind of want to try a spell heavy ranged list, though I have a feeling it will be abysmal :P

Sigvald and Dex are really nice as scalpels - they're also a lot of fun to use as they're not just stomps.

1 hour ago, HolyPippa said:

Hi All,

What are your thoughts ?

I recently fought Orks and at the time, there were two things that stood out against a Mawkrusha - a KoS to roar and prevent +1 save, and some decent MW generation with some luck. The other thing that stood out was more of an accident, but Painbringers can, with +1 to save, tank a round of combat with it. Glutos probably could too, but I'd rather not chance him if I could help it. 

My advice would probably be to kill it ASAP with a KoS (5+ ward save artifact almost a must) and Sigvald.

9 minutes ago, Enoby said:

To be fair to the BoC player, they had forgotton their models so they were working off what they had available to proxy - had they had their own army, they'd have used Tzeentch :P

But yeah, the BoC player had an especially poor list.

If we had some sort of way to hand out rend then I think twinsouls would be some of the best damage dealers in the game. In a way, I quite like that they have no rend - it is worse for them, but I like them to have the niche of horde blender to let other units shine - we don't want an Idoneth Eel problem. 

I will make sure to do so - I want to test Glutos next. Kind of want to try a spell heavy ranged list, though I have a feeling it will be abysmal :P

Sigvald and Dex are really nice as scalpels - they're also a lot of fun to use as they're not just stomps.

I'm kind of leading towards the pretenders host being caster heavy with a keeper, syn, contorted epitome.

It may not work but looks like it could be fun! 

Screenshot_20210622-121738~2.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lurynsar said:

Slickblades... I did say I didn't want to dwell or rehash the negatives so let's just be clear. Sadly I do not believe these have a place in my list after 10 games. Each game continues to reaffirm that they aren't worth it. They have great speed, solid output, and are a ton of fun to use. But in a competitive sense (which I always gear towards regardless of the game) they are at least 30 points too much. They just don't feel good to play, and while the speed is important; I believe I can access that from either Blissbarb Seekers, or most likely Hellstriders. I love the models, and plan to paint up a full 20 still for my collection, but feel they will be pushed aside for the coming months at the very least unless I am VERY wrong about the meta and the new edition. Time will either prove me a fool, or vindicate these feelings. I do hope I am the fool.

I have to ask why do you feel blissbarb seekers will be ok if you feel slickblades are too many points?  At 220 they are just hugely over-costed, even back at 160 they didn't feel good for their cost and now it just feels kind of sad.  Even when you combine the damage of them in both at ranged and in melee it is some of the worst we have.

Also if you have access to the models I would recommend trying the pageant.  Their biggest issue before now was how slow they felt in a slickblade based list, but if we are going to be using painbringers more now I really think everyone should test them out.

Edited by Apinecone

1 minute ago, Apinecone said:

I have to ask why do you feel blissbarb seekers will be ok if you feel slickblades are too many points?  At 220 they are just hugely over-costed, even back at 160 they didn't feel good for their cost and now it just feels kind of sad.  Even when you combine the damage of them in both at ranged and in melee it is some of the worst we have.

Also if you have access to the models I would recommend trying the pageant.  Their biggest issue before now was how slow they felt in a slickblade based list, but if we are going to be using painbringers more now I really think everyone should test them out.

The reason I am (or was) considering Blissbarb Seekers is because I do believe some ranged generation of DPs is important to combine with Wheels. Their mortals aren’t awful, and they shocking durable when I played them in second edition. They do seem like a lot of points, however I am committed to trying things before writing them off (except Slaangors), and as such I will slot them in for 10 games to see if those points are justified. I’ve found myself not as upset at many of the points changes; so I do need actual table time to get the answer of overcosted or not. That said they seem okay, even on paper for how I build and play my lists. However as I get more practice with Blissbarb Archers in general, I feel they’d likely remain the shooting element of my force and as such Blissbarb Seekers move down the list of things to try for now. 

As to the Dread Pagent, I have access to the whole line thankfully, but this unit is not one I have planned to use any time soon. They just don’t have a place in the way I play or make lists. They’re not tough enough to replace Painbringers, not killy enough to replace Twinsouls, not quick enough to replace the flanking units I have in Slickblades (or likely soon Hellstriders), and don’t offer the ranged options I like from Blissbarbs. They do seem playable on paper for sure, but until I find a place for them in my army they’ll likely remain on the back burner. Hopefully others who have a place for them start using them as we can see if they’re solid additional options to our roster. 

• Like 3

Okay, here's a new list idea that's probably terrible but I want to give it a go because I've never played Slaanesh like this before:

Spell/range Spam Slaanesh:

Godseekers (really just for the summon boost - but tbh, could use any of the hosts, rod of misrule may be the better option)

Synessa (260)

Glutos (475), Dark Delusions

Contorted Epitome (255), Master of Magic (for the reroll on an unbind) OR Skilled Leader (though tbh I don't think we'll need loads of command points), and unsure on artefact yet - possible another spell with the arcane tome, though tbh we'll have 8 casts a turn without it (if the cogs go off). Spells will be hysterical frenzy, and if they can take an extra spell with an enhancement then give them the healing spell

22 Blissbarb archers (180)

11 Blissbarb archers (180)

Wheels of Excruciation (100)

Cogs (45)

Mesmerising Mirror (80)

Soulsnare Shackles (65)

Warlord battalion (thankfully Synessa is 9 wounds)

---

So what's the point of this list?

Well, erm, it's not the best list in the world to say the least :P It's more of a gimmick list that will almost certainly die before it does anything useful, but at the same time, I want to try it just to see how poorly it goes - maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

General idea is to use the epitome out of unbinding range to cast the cogs. After that, spam pavane of Slaanesh from Synessa from unlimited range and also try give the blissbarbs a free +1 to hit with the other spell OR (depending on the situation) use the shackles/mirror (for Glutos to use the shackles). If I'm correct and the epitome can choose to take another spell known from the spell lore, then have Glutos take a wound from the fane and heal it up. Have Glutos cast the Mirror first turn right where they'll want to be moving. As the cogs aren't predatory, the contorted epitome will cast the wheels the turn after to run over the maximum number of units. 

If you can be charged first turn, then priorities Glutos casting the shackles and Synessa can try for the mirror. 

For objectives, Glutos and the small archers will have to move up. Make sure he has mystic shield on him. Then the smaller units of blissbarbs will have to be scarified (though the shackles are still an option). 

The rest of the tactic will just be spamming our okay spell list to generate loads of DP a turn. 

It isn't a good list, but it is a list I want to try :P

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Okay, here's a new list idea that's probably terrible but I want to give it a go because I've never played Slaanesh like this before:

Spell/range Spam Slaanesh:

Godseekers (really just for the summon boost - but tbh, could use any of the hosts, rod of misrule may be the better option)

Synessa (260)

Glutos (475), Dark Delusions

Contorted Epitome (255), Master of Magic (for the reroll on an unbind) OR Skilled Leader (though tbh I don't think we'll need loads of command points), and unsure on artefact yet - possible another spell with the arcane tome, though tbh we'll have 8 casts a turn without it (if the cogs go off). Spells will be hysterical frenzy, and if they can take an extra spell with an enhancement then give them the healing spell

22 Blissbarb archers (180)

Wheels of Excruciation (100)

Cogs (45)

Mesmerising Mirror (80)

Soulsnare Shackles (65)

Warlord battalion (thankfully Synessa is 9 wounds)

---

So what's the point of this list?

Well, erm, it's not the best list in the world to say the least :P It's more of a gimmick list that will almost certainly die before it does anything useful, but at the same time, I want to try it just to see how poorly it goes - maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

General idea is to use the epitome out of unbinding range to cast the cogs. After that, spam pavane of Slaanesh from Synessa from unlimited range and also try give the blissbarbs a free +1 to hit with the other spell OR (depending on the situation) use the shackles/mirror (for Glutos to use the shackles). If I'm correct and the epitome can choose to take another spell known from the spell lore, then have Glutos take a wound from the fane and heal it up. Have Glutos cast the Mirror first turn right where they'll want to be moving. As the cogs aren't predatory, the contorted epitome will cast the wheels the turn after to run over the maximum number of units. 

If you can be charged first turn, then priorities Glutos casting the shackles and Synessa can try for the mirror. 

For objectives, Glutos and the small archers will have to move up. Make sure he has mystic shield on him. Then the smaller units of blissbarbs will have to be scarified (though the shackles are still an option). 

The rest of the tactic will just be spamming our okay spell list to generate loads of DP a turn. 

It isn't a good list, but it is a list I want to try :P

Your arrows will blot out the sun!

• Haha 1

Thinking about Syn and her unlimited range, she could be used as a counter to a player who likes to castle up say a teclis with pretty decent movement. She stays well outside unbind range while sending pavanes teclis way granted it’s a high cast spell but could be enough to force the player to move teclis outside his safe zone to unbind her or they choose to sit back and potentially get blown up over a few turns….. thoughts?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nagashfan said:

Thinking about Syn and her unlimited range, she could be used as a counter to a player who likes to castle up say a teclis with pretty decent movement. She stays well outside unbind range while sending pavanes teclis way granted it’s a high cast spell but could be enough to force the player to move teclis outside his safe zone to unbind her or they choose to sit back and potentially get blown up over a few turns….. thoughts?

Lobbing magic at Teclis will never be a good idea, even less so now that he can heal in both hero phases. You have a 50% chance to cast Pavane, then Teclis has a 50% to flat out ignore it, and after that you'll average 4 MWs with him healing 2d3 a round if he feels like it.

Edited by Benkei
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Benkei said:

Lobbing magic at Teclis will never be a good idea, even less so now that he can heal in both hero phases. You have a 50% chance to cast Pavane, then Teclis has a 50% to flat out ignore it, and after that you'll average 4 MWs with him healing 2d3 a round if he feels like it.

Ah ur right I forgot about that

11 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

Pavane is better directed at Severith/Wind spirits anyway, since they’re much more likely to be outside the Little T bubble

Still might pull teclis ur way, for ur opponent to unbind u 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, Nagashfan said:

The problem with using Synessa this way is Pavane and her unique spell aren't actually that good and she has no cssting bonuses, meaning there's a good chance she fails and then sits there twiddling her thumbs, and even if she gets them off it's not like they are even that impactful. She needs to be treated like a support monster that follows a bigger and tougher unit, using her ranged attack to generate some DP and fighting weaker targets with her monstrous rampage and melee. She's unfortunately just not good in any other role.

Edited by Jaskier

1 hour ago, Lurynsar said:

Did you know the Lord of Pains ability is not limited to melee attacks? I didn't. But when I learnt that these guys got a whole new lease on life.

I also didn't know this and it's amazing. Re-rolls on Blissbarbs makes them so much deadlier; trying this out in my next game for sure.