5kaven5lave

On 9/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, Congratz said:

However what are yall thought on Plague Monks and Plague Monk Censer Bearers. Are Pestilence any good?

In a nutshell, yes. I've had some good games fielding a unit of 20 monks and 10 PCB. I'm not sure i'd field a full Pestilens army (even if i had the models) though.

I've been skitterleaping Lord Skreech near something that i want killed and then popping 10 PCB out with a grinder team. Using Always 3 Clawsteps Ahead you get essentially 3 attempts at the 9" charge and then use Lord Skreech's ability for +1 Hit/Wound :)

On the charge that's 40 attacks 2/2/-1/2 (or +1 damage if the target is GV and i'm Bounty Hunters)

Edited by Cosmicsheep
  • Like 1

So I just had a blast yesterday

with my 13rattling gun list (ps: I was playing against a friend of mine who is as much tournament play oriented as I am, he was informed before about the exploit a week before we played, and agreed to play me with this exploit ,since it is a part of the game and that of the rules as written ideology of which the tournaments often (mostly) orientate towards)

So My opponent with his fewer drops then me (I had like 13+) went first and tried to go up to the objective to gain control of.
(We played the realmstone veins battleplan)
Him playing drowned men allowed him to move his flies up to my right flank, hoping to gain control and kill some stuff in my next turn.
He ended with 4 victory points.
Sonce without any gnawholes it wasn’t easy for me to get to his territory, so I instead opted to try and kill hi#s only monster hero with all the fire powere I got, with the skryre secondary.
I teleported my grey seer in range of the enemy, casting purple sun, getting a 13, which basically allowed me to set it up, yet Me loosing the grey seer to keep the spell bound wasn’t a possibility anymore, since he died of an overdoses of warpstone.
The spell did sadly no damage (since I rolled 0 ones)
But combined with it’s armour save reduction my rattling gun weapon teams would go to work.
I started removing almost his entire battleline in the first turn with all 13 rattling guns, yet I wasn’t able to kill his general even with all 4bbardier shooting at him with 6attacks each (yes my rolls were absurdly good)
Yet his weren’t bad either.
From about 50damage he was able to make 40 5up ward saves, keeping his general just barely alive at 4wounds.
We rolled of and I won the initiative.
This is where I basically begin to loose. Afraid of loosing control of the endless spell, I give him the turn, hoping He wouldn’t be able to kill much. He charge with basically everything, killed all of my screen including my stormvermins, yet was only able to slay a single rattling gun weapon team. Which left me with 0 battleline units, which also meant that I couldn’t get my grand strategy nor most of the secondary, yet I still tried my best. In kept shooting killing some flies yet was only able to wound his general although having shot like a 150shots into him.
(My opponent can literally not stop rolling 5up wards).

With no victory points gained I knew I have already lost, yet here comes the fun part

I’ve killed a ton of stuff on his side living him with about 3 units left. He always charged and tried to kill as many rattling gun weapin teams as possible get was always only able to kill a single one per unit he still had left per cphase, and this went so on.

In the end he won yet, He told me the following thing.
If he wasn’t rolling so many 5up saves or a nurgle army this rattling gun army can actually be extremely scary, especially the fact that the loss of one is like having lost nothing

26A50549-B002-4977-94F2-B29AAF95BC1D.jpeg

7C0DD1A7-9663-4714-8A92-1693C5006C8C.jpeg

3A4A58DD-8BF3-420F-8801-F65D93B362C6.jpeg

I'd like to add a neat list building package that I think you fine folks should try out: Horrorghast + Plagueclaw(s) + Thanquol

I've had consistent success with pushing out the endless spell, the plagueclaw guarantees the debuff and any reason to play Thanquol is fun. I was gonna do a few battle reports with this but I've found that regardless of outcome in the game, this combo gets serious mileage, and thus each list I've built has been fun. For the most part, additional shooting is great in a list with this. Even having your own hordes is fine because you can push the Horrorghast out super far (24" the turn its summoned). 

Personally, I've justifed 2x3 Jezzails with 1 catipult with many lists so that I can sit back and watch my opponent play conservatively with their foot heroes while actually wanting to target their troops. I've played around with a Moulder shell to not worry about bravery so much as well as an Eshin support list to add more chip damage while also precisely avoiding my own horrorghast.

Obviously its not great against some armies, but I would argue that multi-wound, multi-model units such as bounty hunter calvary is our bane right now and I think this is just the ticket. 

• LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Causalis said:

@Skreech Verminking I see 3 Poison Wind Mortar units in the pic. Did you proxy them for something or did you agree to play with legends units beforehand?

Well.. theoretically only 2 of them are true posioned wind mortars, and I’ve been ever since the demise lf the wind launcher been using them as warlock bombardiers.

The first time I’ve used them I actually went for a posioned wind themed skaven list, basically using 40 skryre acolytes and 3 warlock bombardiers as my main force.

if you look for the model in the middle you might see a converted stormvermins warlock holding a stick and some kind of a poisoned wind globe while pointing at his enemies.

back them I really liked the idea of him having like 2-3 apprentice warlocks that follow his every bitting, trying to learn the secret behind the posioned wind. And building with him the trio of poisoned death.

Usually I always ask my opponent beforehand when I play them, but I was playing against a long time mate, and he basically already knew of all of my proxies.

Tournament and event wise I would donthe same, asking the to beforehand if he allows me to use my conversions  or proxies beforehand, which I actually always have to do since I don’t quite follow the idea of having metal and failcast models, so basically most of my army is always some kind or some what converted.

at some point I even had an army only of converted models.

personally I never had anybody that didn’t allow me to use my wind mortars as well warlock bolbardiers, after all the concept was and theoretically still is the same.

although the new warscroll for the warlock bombardier depicts him as having some kind of a rattling gun with heavy warpstone fused ammunition.

so theoretically the official gw warlock bombardier model would be the proxy for a not existing warlock bombardier 

One of my gaming buddies was describing the Verminlord Deceiver's current awesomeness, and it got me thinking about getting buying a 4th home in Blight City....again.

Has anyone used say, 3 of the Verminlords, and perhaps Krondspine?  Then just clanrats and a couple endless spells?  Vermintide and Soulsnare Shackles come to mind.  Seems like as a team they could deal with almost anything, clearing out a good chunk of table per turn.  Thoughts? 

56 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

One of my gaming buddies was describing the Verminlord Deceiver's current awesomeness, and it got me thinking about getting buying a 4th home in Blight City....again.

Has anyone used say, 3 of the Verminlords, and perhaps Krondspine?  Then just clanrats and a couple endless spells?  Vermintide and Soulsnare Shackles come to mind.  Seems like as a team they could deal with almost anything, clearing out a good chunk of table per turn.  Thoughts? 

Well….

most of the verminlords just got well let’s say more consistent with damage dealing.

most of their profiles went from d3 damage to a flat 2 damage.

they aren’t really that much better and you always have to ask yourself, will my verminlord be able to deal with other big things like a mawcrushers.

if your answer is probably or probably not we should maybe reconsider our choices

still they are pretty good and the shroud to darkness trait changing to ignore shooting in total, really makes him a great pick.

and then there is his spell.

amazong to get some nifty tricks up.

for example a plague priest casting curse on something.

teleporting a double dreaded deathfrenzied calwlord, because he does the job a deathmaster couldn’t and costs less.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Seems like as a team they could deal with almost anything, clearing out a good chunk of table per turn.  Thoughts? 

The Krondspine perhaps, Verminlord Warbringer perhaps. I'm never against having a meme list, I run many doomwheels at a time after all. I will say that a moderately strong Skaven list has 2 factors: 1) You don't want to be in more than 1 combat at a time and 2) the list can play in every phase of the game. This is the skaven weakness and strength. If you don't have enough chaff, you end up in many unfavorable combats at once, and I'll tell ya, a 4+ save on verminlords don't mean much. 

If you wanna go ham, you can try out a mercenary giant first and see how that feels. Or just add it to the mix. who knows. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/1/2022 at 10:07 AM, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

The Krondspine perhaps, Verminlord Warbringer perhaps. I'm never against having a meme list, I run many doomwheels at a time after all. I will say that a moderately strong Skaven list has 2 factors: 1) You don't want to be in more than 1 combat at a time and 2) the list can play in every phase of the game. This is the skaven weakness and strength. If you don't have enough chaff, you end up in many unfavorable combats at once, and I'll tell ya, a 4+ save on verminlords don't mean much. 

If you wanna go ham, you can try out a mercenary giant first and see how that feels. Or just add it to the mix. who knows. 

I think there is something else about the skaven.

where as many armies have a single model where the army is built around it, the skaven lists are usually builded differently.

most of our charracters are added after having taken everything you meed a skaven army to function and are more there to help your list function then anything else.

they are not really necessary, and often you have options between many of the different kind of heroes 

@Skreech Verminking Intriguing. I've always had the opposite approach. I've always got the feeling we are a power-pair style book, linking heroes to units with buff abilities. Thus, I usually am picking heroes first always. I'm pretty sure the importance of our heroes was doubled-down in this new book, being so closely linked to our battleline. I'm curious about your list building patterns.

15 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking Intriguing. I've always had the opposite approach. I've always got the feeling we are a power-pair style book, linking heroes to units with buff abilities. Thus, I usually am picking heroes first always. I'm pretty sure the importance of our heroes was doubled-down in this new book, being so closely linked to our battleline. I'm curious about your list building patterns.

Well… I usually start with the stuff that I really want in my list so, bascially for example let’s say I’ve added in 13 rattling gun weapon teams.

my next thought would be the endless spells.

most of the times I wouldn’t take one into my list, but when you’ve got 13 rattling gun weapon shooting at a thing, you might want something that increases their damage potential.

and thus a purple sun is added.

so now I need somebody to cast the purple sun reliable.

might be worth taking a grey seer to cast it with his warpstone.

oh he is a two cast and can know the spell skitterleap, perfect, yes-yes😈.

Do I want somebody to buff my rattling gun weapon teams?

yes that might not be such a bad idea let’s see we have the warlock engineer great with warplightning cannon and the cheapest option.

not bad, but is their some warlock with some damage potential.

Oh I see the warlock bombardier can do some significant damage le’m me take him.

onto the battleline:

so I definitely want ro have at least a unit of 10stormvermin to keep my bombardier alive and well.

not that he dies of the cause of my own dice rolls.

Mmh maybe I shall increase their size to 20 just so I definitely have enough models in that unit, mot that they will die on me.

so I still need some bodies.

2units of 20clanrats seem like a fine idea.

and now I’ve got some points left.

what shall i take.

more rattling guns?

no that would just ruin the number.

oh I know, let’s add a few more warlock bombardier to my list, uahahaha!

So let’s see I can add one more… 3more to my list?!

perfect.

yes-yes.

Army Faction: Skaven
    - Grand Strategy: Show of Dominance
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER

1 x Warlock Bombardier (115)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Deranged Inventor
    - Artefacts: Esoteric Warp Resonator
    - Spells: Warp Lightning Shield

- Artefacts: The Brass Orb
    - Spells: More-more-more Warp Power!

1 x Grey Seer (125)*
    - Spells: Skitterleap

BATTLELINE

20 x Stormvermin (270)**
    - Stormvermin Standard Bearer
    - Stormvermin Drummer
    - Fangleader

20 x Clanrats (100)***
    - Clanrat Standard Bearer
    -  Clanrat Bell-ringer
    - Clawleader
    - Rusty Blade

20 x Clanrats (100)***
    -  Clanrat Bell-ringer
    - Clawleader
    - Clanrat Standard Bearer
    - Rusty Blade

ENDLESS SPELL

1 x Purple Sun of Shyish (90)

TERRAIN

1 x Gnawhole (0)

1 x Gnawhole (0)

1 x Gnawhole (0)

OTHER

1 x Ratling Gun (65)*

1 x Ratling Gun (65)**

1 x Ratling Gun (65)**

1 x Ratling Gun (65)****

1 x Ratling Gun (65)****

1 x Ratling Gun (65)****

1 x Ratling Gun (65)*****

1 x Ratling Gun (65)******

1 x Ratling Gun (65)******

1 x Ratling Gun (65)*******

1 x Ratling Gun (65)*******

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Warlord

**Bounty Hunters

***Expert Conquerors

****Bounty Hunters

*****Bounty Hunters

******Bounty Hunters

*******Bounty Hunters

TOTAL POINTS: (1990/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

2 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking You truly are mad (rat)man. Kinda amazing what you can fit in a list when you don't choose a 400 pt hero. 

I know.

no need for an overpriced screaming when one can have more rattling gun weapon teams instead.

and this list is amazing for tournament and beer and bretzel game.

where in one of the system you can basically use the exploit while denying it’s existence in more friendly games.

making rattling gun weapon teams the coolest unit

edit: and for nown I think I found a way to increase the damage potential of my rattling guns, sadly removing my brick of 20 stormvermins and that of my 3other warlock bombardiers E6DCACC7-90F5-4237-B4A8-1A0104AD9AB7.jpeg.3ae3dc1b35b53bed8837a4dacef42cd1.jpeg

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking I've might been limiting myself this whole time, but do you mean to tell me you can use more than one spark per shooting phase spread out amongst your heroes? Is that the extra damage you speak of?

Sadly that isn’t quite possible as we can’t spend more then 1spark per phase.

the extra damage I speak off, is probably more about the chances we have to penetrate the armour of our enemies more efficiently with the purple sun, allowing us to get more wounds through.

and curse will deal a hefty toll on whatever unit it is put on.

basically on acerage if every rattling gun in my army would be shooting at one unit they would do around 36 (rounded down) mortal wounds.

in addtion to whatver damage they could do (average against a 3+ save, 54)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

So looks like the FAQ revealed more fun was detected from our Masterclan trait and thus stomped out. In other news, doomwheels are cheaper now, so we got that going for us, which is nice. 

And the redmaw plague has still not been explained.

it seems like gw doesn’t care

on rhat point I actually have some news I would like to share with you guys later today

On 10/18/2022 at 9:07 PM, W1tchhunter said:

Is there any good moulder lists kicking about? Planning my next batch buy and definitely want something with at least 3 hell pit abominations  :P

I have a list on the app but I know its terrible.

I don't know about good, but this is the Moulder list I've made with the new book - fewer Hell Pit Abominations and Giant Rats than the last book allowed, but the Ogors are now so much better.

Master Moulder (General), Foulhide and Moulder Supreme

Master Moulder, Rabid Crown

Master Moulder

3 x 4 Rat Ogors (Bounty Hunters)

6 x 6 Giant Rats

Hell Pit Abomination, with Back-up Organs

Hell Pit Abomination, with Toughed Sinews

(Warlord Detachment)

Edited by Ahriman

27 minutes ago, Ahriman said:

I don't know about good, but this is the Moulder list I've made with the new book - fewer Hell Pit Abominations and Giant Rats than the last book allowed, but the Ogors are now so much better.

Master Moulder (General), Foulhide and Moulder Supreme

Master Moulder, Rabid Crown

Master Moulder

3 x 4 Rat Ogors (Bounty Hunters)

6 x 6 Giant Rats

Hell Pit Abomination, with Back-up Organs

Hell Pit Abomination, with Toughed Sinews

(Warlord Detachment)

This is the one I've made.

- Army Faction: Skaven

- Grand Strategy: Take What’s Theirs

LEADERS