AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

3 hours ago, Ulfast said:

Is it still possibly to play a army with only trolls in all forms? I just saw Troll on Netflix and got inspired. Can really recommend that movie!

Yes it is still possible. U can even take the 2 Kruleboyz Troggoths as allies as they still work with our tome.

9 hours ago, Ulfast said:

Is it still possibly to play a army with only trolls in all forms? I just saw Troll on Netflix and got inspired. Can really recommend that movie!

The combo of troggboss and slogoth is dirty as sin. 2+ rerolling 1s to hit massively increases the armies reliability.

30 minutes ago, Ulfast said:

That sounds great! As a rookie to AoS can someone give put up a sample list? Also, has gloomspites got an new armybook or is it on the way?

Im no meta gamers, i will always tell someone to pick the models they like. Rules will always keep changing. 

Gloomspite Gitz is one of the next tomes revealed. It might be wise to wait for that one to start list building.

image.png.19617eefc701798e6b2ed9cbeb8530d9.png

2 hours ago, Ulfast said:

Puh, that make me happy to hear. Was worried that they where going away. 

I have not bought the kit but it looks good and the models are awsome.

Get the Start Collecting while it still exists, it will probably be changed for a Vanguard at some point.

With a little bit of greenstuffing, you can make six Troggoths from the set, including double headed ones.

Edited by zilberfrid

Excellent use of those extra bits!  I was considering buying some old Skull Pass 'Sourbreath' troggs for that purpose.

I'm really eager to get the Troggs onto the table!  Got some 50mm bases for my Fellwaters, and 3 more Rockguts to assemble.  Decorative crystals have arrived.  

Thinking some magical assistance will be needed though...so I got Skragrott to do Hand of Gork (pretty sure that will stay) and a Fungoid to launch Mork's Mushroom, but I also kinda think a Spider Shaman on foot to cast Scutteltide could be useful as well.

12 hours ago, Ulfast said:

Another intersting advice. I dont know if I have the skill but will check it out. 

Bte, can you still use the troll hag from FW?

The Troggoth Hag is still sold, and in the official app, appears in the monstrous Arcanum section, instead of the legends one. Furthermore, you can has her to your armies in the official builder, so I guess she's still perfectly legal. 

11 hours ago, Swamp Trogg said:

The Troggoth Hag is still sold, and in the official app, appears in the monstrous Arcanum section, instead of the legends one. Furthermore, you can has her to your armies in the official builder, so I guess she's still perfectly legal. 

I would caution that any FW stuff is on shaky ground. Most of what was available for AoS has been removed without even a community post.

• Like 2

Just now, Ulfast said:

Good to know. I just love the model really much. It´s gorgous :D I think GW should do more female monsters of trolls, orks and goblins. They ahve started with humans and elves which are good but we need more.

Yeah, they mostly have young, fit, Caucasian women while male models get a lot more diversity. But they at least include female models for humans and elves (and Tau) in kits now.

Gitz might be relatively safe, they haven't dumped any FW models for a while now as far as I know.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 1:57 AM, Ulfast said:

Another intersting advice. I dont know if I have the skill but will check it out. 

Bte, can you still use the troll hag from FW?

You can use the Troggoth Hag for now, but I would wait until the new Battletome comes out before you buy her. GW seems to discontinue FW stuff around their related battletome releases. You can get a pseudo-hag with the Dankhold Troggboss with the Arcane Tome generic artifact. It makes the Troggboss a caster, and then he can summon the cauldron endless spell to function similar to a weaker Hag. Cast Flaming Weapon on himself for a giggle.

For a 1000 point list. I would probably bring;

• Troggboss (General)

• Fellwater Troggs (x3)

• Rockgut Troggs (x6)

• Rockgut Troggs (x3)

That leaves you at 810 points. From there you could reinforce either squad of rockguts to make them hit harder or add another fellwater squad. If you aren't militant about being Troggs only, you could add in a Madcap or Fungoid for magical support and 5 spider riders to be a meat shield or screen for your troggs.

1 hour ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

• Rockgut Troggs (x3)

That leaves you at 810 points. From there you could reinforce either squad of rockguts to make them hit harder or add another fellwater squad.

Personal experience tells me that 6 rockguts is so much better than 3. Not only does the rock throw become automatic but attrition to the unit is no where near as crippling.

Also, seriously consider a marshcrawler sloggoth from the kruelboyz. A generic +1 to hit aura helps a ton.

• Like 2

I think the rule of thumb for Troggs is Fellwaters in 3s, and Rockguts at 6 or more. Fellwaters get little benefit from bigger squads, and by smaller squads of 3 you can stop damage spillover. The only reason I didn't have two squads of rockguts at 6 is because I wanted to leave space for flex pick in my list, in case they wanted an ally, some shamans, some spear grots, spiders, or something else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Also I just bought a Sloggoth, I hope we don't lose them as allies when this updates...

I dont think it is likely that we would lose Orruks as allies. It is more likely that synergies could change imho. I think it is great that we can use other Troggoths in our lists and i hope maybe even better rules.

I want to try and run this list next time. It got no casters but it does seem like a fun list imho.

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
LEADERS
Mollog (175)
     - General
Breaka-boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)
BATTLELINE
Fellwater Troggoths (155)
Fellwater Troggoths (155)
Rockgut Troggoths (145)
OTHER
Dankhold Troggoths (170)
TOTAL POINTS: 980/1000

Edited by Gitzdee

Wow, I´m so happy to found this thread. you guys gives really good advice and those two diffrent list looks like a nice start for a basic army. I love them. I didn´t know you could turn a troll character into mage, that´s nice to know. Perhaps also a try to make him more magical as a mintaure with some greenstuff :)