Mitzy's Destruction Army The Meatmen of Mitzmanheim

Mitzy

Just now, Chris Tomlin said:

How much of that list do you have to paint? Should look great all together.

Glad to see this thread revived. I'm sure we can inspire each other to stay motivated and we absolutely have to get Da Black Sunz facing off against the Meatmen of Mitzmanheim in 2017!! Perhaps we could do a full feature battle report for this forum, with pics etc. Could be cool.

x

Cheers Brother, I loved the destruction tables and can't wait to get on them myself for a game or 20!

Re the painting, I have 20 Brutes to put finishing touches on, they hopefully will get done this weekend. the newest additions are the Grots/Skulkers/Orruk Boyz but I hope to blitz through them quite quickly.

I used the Idol a couple of times recently and IT MUST feature in my next army! Boy does it put out some serious threat...

I'd love to have a destruction off against Da Black Sunz, we should totally work that out. I can feel a full on day of WAAAAAAAGGHHH coming on!

Also finally I'm 100% stoked that we are both back on the Destruction band wagon, lets keep these Plogs rollin'

Cheers Mitzy x

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the new units are underway, turns out that the standard plastic Orruk boys that you get in the Get started box-set are pretty un-inspirational to paint! Anyway I made good progress last night after building and undercoating them on Saturday so the base coats are down except the leather and weapons which I'll do tonight. 20 Boyz will (should) be knocked out by the end of the week if all goes to plan!

2016-11-27 20.45.07.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@Mitzy - What's made you go regular Orruks out of interest? It's such a shame they only have 1 wound. I have previously considered the bow armed option myself, but it's hard to look past Savages (or better still, Moonclan, they just don't fit my theme).

Looking forward to seeing what ****** polishing you can do with these dated (but still kinda cool) sculpts.

@Mitzy - What's made you go regular Orruks out of interest? It's such a shame they only have 1 wound. I have previously considered the bow armed option myself, but it's hard to look past Savages (or better still, Moonclan, they just don't fit my theme).
Looking forward to seeing what ****** polishing you can do with these dated (but still kinda cool) sculpts.

For me mate it's all about the aesthetics of the army... I know from a gaming point of view the savages would be better. Multi wound minis have a massive advantage over single wound ones.

But whilst I love the bonesplitterz minis I don't think they fit the Ironjaws aesthetic. Whereas the regular Orruk Boyz fit quite nicely.

Also you'll notice that I have 2 units of 10 and the third battleline unit is a Unit of 20 grots. I needed to add the grots otherwise the 6 in the howdah on the idol would be the only ones in the army. That to me would not sit right and I felt I had to add some. Like you I couldn't think about moonclan as they really wouldn't sit right in the army.

Being a gamer who usually resides in the bottom 10 tables at an event it's all about the pretty NOT the gaming competitiveness. And a common all garden Orruk or Grot can spam up any opponent long enough to let the brutes get there and kick butt ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:34 PM, Mitzy said:

For me mate it's all about the aesthetics of the army... I know from a gaming point of view the savages would be better. Multi wound minis have a massive advantage over single wound ones.

But whilst I love the bonesplitterz minis I don't think they fit the Ironjaws aesthetic. Whereas the regular Orruk Boyz fit quite nicely.

Also you'll notice that I have 2 units of 10 and the third battleline unit is a Unit of 20 grots. I needed to add the grots otherwise the 6 in the howdah on the idol would be the only ones in the army. That to me would not sit right and I felt I had to add some. Like you I couldn't think about moonclan as they really wouldn't sit right in the army.

Yeh fair, I'm definitely the same. For me and my theme, the Savages actually are a better fit...though do require a lot of conversion and plasticard work...also painting them will be a chore. I genuinely am considering rebasing 10 of my 40K Orks, cutting off their guns and using them as some Orruks so I only have to do 2x10 Savages. They should fit my theme nicely and also provide a bit more variety.

Hhhmm...kinda talked myself into that.

It's shields I'm really struggling with. May have to plasticard some perhaps.

Anyway, I think you've made the right choices for your army and I look forward to seeing more progress here...it will definitely help with my own motivation.

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

It's shields I'm really struggling with. May have to plasticard some perhaps.

Have you ever made your own shields? I'm thinking about doing the same but I have no idea where to start as I would prefer the shields to be rond with the centre slightly raised. 

Any and all tips are greatly appriciated

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Have you ever made your own shields? I'm thinking about doing the same but I have no idea where to start as I would prefer the shields to be rond with the centre slightly raised. 

Any and all tips are greatly appriciated

No, but if I did I would use plasticard in a variety of different thicknesses. They would be intentionally quite crude, so not sure if that's the kinda thing you were thinking?

8 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

No, but if I did I would use plasticard in a variety of different thicknesses. They would be intentionally quite crude, so not sure if that's the kinda thing you were thinking?

I always loved the slaanesh hero models, they just ooze arrogance. So i'm looking to add similar shields and helmets (very spartan/greek looking) to match those heroes. I have a couple of conversion ideas but those big round shields are problematic to find as bits.

Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount.jpg

99800201010_SigvaldtheMagnificentNEW01.jpg

Just now, Kramer said:

I always loved the slaanesh hero models, they just ooze arrogance. So i'm looking to add similar shields and helmets (very spartan/greek looking) to match those heroes. I have a couple of conversion ideas but those big round shields are problematic to find as bits.

Yeh same man, they are great. I'm pretty sure someone like Kromlech or Scibor does parts like that? What about the Stormcast conversion kit you can buy?

Sorry @Mitzy!!

1 minute ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Yeh same man, they are great. I'm pretty sure someone like Kromlech or Scibor does parts like that? What about the Stormcast conversion kit you can buy?

Sorry @Mitzy!!

I'll go check them out. Currently i'm thinking these but they are not exactly what i'm looking for. But very grateful for the tip!

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 15.22.26.png

5 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Kromlech sadly no fitting shields. Scibor however very good tip, ran into them earlier but in comparison with the others they have the symbol for Sparta. Which means a lot of work to smooth it down and point the Slaanesh  logo. (or turn them into mirrors in some way for Sigvald to look at)

Probably going to order the helmets there. They are perfect. 

1 hour ago, Mitzy said:

What's this I've been hijacked by @Kramer and @Chris Tomlin as they discuss the merits of shields..... Time to send the Meatmen round to "Smash themz eadz in!" ;)  

Well if I ever find the right shields i'd easily handle them ;) But aside from the wise ass comments. Great stuff, and especially to see some terrain as well. So important for an immersive game and I don't spend nearly enough time on it. Well done. 

• 3 weeks later...

So it is 2017..... Did anyone notice December pass by? I think I may have been in a food related haze as I think I missed it!

Well what a couple of months I have in store. In two weeks I will be playing at Warhammer World in Heat 1 of the Grand Tournament, then in February the EATBATS crew are hitting Cardiff for @Mo Ashraf 's Firestorm 4's and then in March I'm making the long drive to Weymouth to @Chris Tomlin 's Tomorrow Burns. Three great events so what do I take???

Well this weekend I managed to put together a unit of 20 Grots and slap some paint on them, they are now all base coated and washed:

2017-01-04 00.10.02 HDR.jpg

Next up you will recall that I had started to add paint to two units of 10 Orruk Boyz, these along with the Grot unit give me my three units of battleline should I want to run a pure Destruction list. I also managed to get these base coated and washed:

2017-01-04 00.07.05-1.jpg

Having said all of this, for the Warhammer GT I am thinking of taking a pure IronJaws list. So the to do list looks like this:

• Add finishing touches to 15 Brutes (these have all been base coated and washed but were never finished as RAW16 devoured my hobby time)
  • Convert and paint up one additional Warchanta (I have two but am thinking of running 3)

List submission is Midnight Friday (6th January) so I think I'm settled on the following:

2017-01-05 10.19.52.png

• 4 weeks later...

Afternoon all, well the Meatmen are about to rise to the call of war again. This weekend they are heading to Cardiff to wage war in the Firestorm Four's event run by @Mo Ashraf I'm really looking forward to running them out again and have been plotting and scheming how to make the list look a little different on their display board...

The plan was made a little simpler when I re-read the pack and realised that there was a no battleline requirement! Also as we are using Mo's scenarios he has continued to allow players to bring 2.5k armies with 0.5k being a side pool allowing you choice over what to deploy!

The no battle line ruling means I'm a little bit scared of what filth I'll be facing, but in the persuit of painting trophies I'm going all out with the pretty over the function!

That Said I still think I can compete but will find myself slightly hamstrung if my hard hitting units get taken out quickly.

So the list as submitted is as follows:

LEADERS
Orruk Megaboss - Battlebrew (140) 
Orruk Megaboss - Battlebrew (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
UNITS
Orruk Brutes x 15 (540)
Orruk Ardboys x 10 (180)
Orruk Gore Gruntas x 3 (180)
Orruk Boarboys x 5 (100)
Gitmob Grots x 20 (100)
Sourbreath Troggoths x 6 (400)
MONSTERS
Rogue Idol (480)
BATTALIONS
Ironfist (60)

So I have a few options of what to drop for each 2k game.

But the best bit is that the Rogue Idol gets to come out and play at his first event... However I needed a way to tie him in to the rest of the army and decided that since he has a howdah full of Grots I had to take a unit of at least 20. I hope that they will from an aesthetics point of view help blend him seamlessly in to the army.

This said here are the finished "little dudes" or as I like to call them the "Micro Waaagh".

Enjoy!

grots.jpg

On 1/5/2017 at 6:20 PM, Mitzy said:

One thing that I have never done on this thread is post up an army shot of the entire Meatmen collection. This is something that I will do once I have the odd bits above done. Stay tuned. 

make sure you take a photo this weekend of the army in all its Mitzy-glory

Archived