AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

7 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Yeah I don't have access to the Boss on Spider, the Arachnarok+Shaman or the Loonboss on Squig.

Feels like someone messed up and released it early...

Check out the US site - they are all listed under the Arachnarok & the Spider Boss.

looking at the Loonshrine, the battleshock immunity wholly within 12'' seems strong.

the reinforcement ability seems ok, bringing back units at half strength on a 4 +, it seems pretty balance and can be useful bring 30 grot back when your unit of 60 just got destroyed.

1 minute ago, amysrevenge said:

Might be an exaggeration...  It's one model.  And the photo on the warscroll doesn't match the photo in the store.

and literally every other Gitmob unit is gone.

A pure spiderfang force is looking pretty terrifying right now. Scuttletide is great space control and has fantastic Mortal Wound output, Arachnacauldron is nice for the expanded utility, The Skitterstand Arachnarok gives you a deep striking monster! while the flinger lets you ****** with your opponents combat activations.

Here's something which people might not have spotted but is very important about the Arachnacauldron. It just says pick a unit within 1" so if you were to have it on, I don't know, a shaman on an Arachnarok, then you could throw it into combat and get a free old skool arcane bolt every hero phase. Not to mention it has some nifty uses with regards to letting you make attacks originating from the cauldron rather than the spider, this has horrifying implications against someone who isn't expecting it.

Just now, novakai said:

looking at the Loonshrine, the battleshock immunity wholly within 12'' seems strong.

the reinforcement ability seems ok, bringing back units at half strength on a 4 +, it seems pretty balance and can be useful bring 30 grot back when your unit of 60 just got destroyed.

Then add the bonus of the battalions where it brings the whole unit back... mother of gork

1 minute ago, Malakree said:

A pure spiderfang force is looking pretty terrifying right now. Scuttletide is great space control and has fantastic Mortal Wound output, Arachnacauldron is nice for the expanded utility, The Skitterstand Arachnarok gives you a deep striking monster! while the flinger lets you ****** with your opponents combat activations.

Here's something which people might not have spotted but is very important about the Arachnacauldron. It just says pick a unit within 1" so if you were to have it on, I don't know, a shaman on an Arachnarok, then you could throw it into combat and get a free old skool arcane bolt every hero phase. Not to mention it has some nifty uses with regards to letting you make attacks originating from the cauldron rather than the spider, this has horrifying implications against someone who isn't expecting it.

Man... I am seriously stoked this morning.

Looks like the damage table for Arachnaroks is more favourable.  +1 to hit for most categories with the Maw, and Move and Leg attacks diminish slower with damage.

I feel like it was just 10 pages ago that I was saying we are living in the best of times, but it's true.

Edited by amysrevenge

4 minutes ago, Malakree said:

The cauldron is definitely my favourite one so far. It helps us get our 10+ to cast benefits off with the webspinner shaman and the loonking. With this endless spell they become Arkhan/Nagash level of casting potential and unbinding.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/AoS_Gloomspite_Gitz_WSCards_Loonboss_on_giant_cave_squig.pdf

+3 movement now instead of +1 to movement and run and reroll distance moved for squig hoppers

Also seems like his shield does nothing now like with the spiderfang

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/AoS_Gloomspite_Gitz_WSCards_Loonboss_on_giant_cave_squig.pdf

+3 movement now instead of +1 to movement and run and reroll distance moved for squig hoppers

That's solid with all squig units, goes especially nice with the Forgeworld Squigboss and Colossal Squig I got as part of the job lot I picked up a while ago!

you can see the Warscroll for  Mollog and the Rockgut on the battletome store page.

Rockguts have a 5+ invulnerable save and a range boulder ability that does d3 mortal wounds if you roll equal or less then the amount of models in a unit

Mollog has special ability for his minions and is similar to a dankhold troggoth, though I can't quite read his warscroll on the page

Just now, Malakree said:

That's solid with all squig units, goes especially nice with the Forgeworld Squigboss and Colossal Squig I got as part of the job lot I picked up a while ago!

Yeah makes them quite speedy! With the bad moon covering them, a colossal squig will move 5d6 + 3 then charge, hoppers 4d6 + 3 then charge, boingrots and loonboss on giant cave squig 3d6 + 3 then chanrge and the manglers 4d6 + 3 then charge.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/AoS_Gloomspite_Gitz_WSCards_Loonboss_with_Giant_Squig.pdf

This guy has changed quite a bit. The giant cave squig no longer deals d6 damage on a 6 to wound and he doesnt turn 6's to 1's its now just a -1 to hit. But stacking that with look out sir, he is native -2 to hit vs shooting, not bad.

16 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

10 pages and 3 hours ago....

I know right? The Gloomspite hype is crazy. Super pumped for anyone looking to pick up the faction. Who would have ever guessed that Goblins would have one of the largest, most impressive releases of any AoS Army? Haha

• Like 1