Realms at War - Legends 18th-20th November PLAYERS EMAILED CHECK YOUR INBOX

Mitzy

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

If you are planning on doing a background story for your aspirant, please send it in by midnight on Thursday (10 Nov). (I know my tweet said midnight on Wednesday but i meant Thursday).

Less than two weeks to go! I hope you're all as exited as we are!! On Saturday night, all of the tables were laid out and they looked awesome! I'm so jealous that you lot all get to play on them but at least I get to take the scenery home ?

Keep up with the #RAW16 and #RoadtoRAW tweets. It's great to see everyone's progress, or in some cases, fear as the realisation of how close the event is ;)

See you all in 11 (yes eleven!) days!

Jimbo

Urgh...so much to do, so little time!!

Even though my army isn't painted properly, I still want the presentation to be top notch with the choice of models, overall theme and display so am putting a lot of time, thought and money into all that...just hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew (Ghoul pun intended!). Finding my P3 Frostbite had dried up on Saturday was a killer as I was steaming through 50 Ghouls. Ah well.

I have an idea for a short fluff piece in mind, just hoping I can get it down in writing by the deadline!

I will also be recording an interview with the TO's this Thursday which I hope to get out before the event. I still have the FHGT & Warchiefs GT audio to edit and release before then though, on top of the army work and campaign games etc...I don't know what's wrong with me and why I seem to do this before every event!!!

If anyone has any questions about the event they would like me to ask the boys on Thursday, please send them via DM on here. Most appreciated.

So my fluff is done, I give you the story of Sir Boneslobber.

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the son of a  court called fangheart

In west banelands born and raised
In the crypt was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And shooting some gobbos outside of the school
When a couple of ghouls who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in fangheart'

I whistled for a terrorghiest and when it came near
The flesh was anything but fresh and it had blood on its horns
If anything I could say that this 'ghiest was rare
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, home to fangheart'

I pulled up to the court about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the 'ghiest  'Yo home smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Fangheart

Triple post!! 

Ill spell check this etc shortly and email to @Jimbo after work.

I'm really happy with the concept, however it is not written very well even by my own standards. Unfortunately time has been against me so it was a case of getting down my idea in the quickest way.

Hopefully people can enjoy it regardless and perhaps get the intention and flesh it out descriptively in their own minds!

Luca Godara had travelled across the realm of Shyish to the misty, desolate city known as Nu-Venice. His sole purpose was to meet Lazlo Peppiatt, the city's Regent, and unlock the mysterious magicks of the Mordants. As a practitioner of Death magic he was well versed, and indeed comfortable, with the morbid and perverse, however meeting the Venetian Ghoul King for the first time had turned his stomach. 

Instead of the glorious, regal monarch he had heard many tales of, stood before him was a hunched, filthy creature caked in dried blood and faeces. Upon it's head it wore a broken crown and a cracked mask adorned half of it's face, revealing one glazed, bloodshot eye and a snarling mouth full of needle-like teeth. The beast spoke harshly, amidst frequent coughing and spluttering. 

"Welcome...to glorious Nu-Venice...my dear Luca. Do you see?"

A sickening smile spread across the King's face as it spread it's arms. Luca noted to himself that not only was the monster being entirely genuine, but it seemed proud and almost boastful. He'd heard of the madness of the Ghoul Kings but had not expected this. He also could not make sense of the question posed to him, so chose to ignore this. 

Lazlo pulled a grimy looking gourd from his belt and took a swig before offering it up to Luca. The Warlock knew that to pass up on this would at best result in expulsion from the city, so without hesitation he accepted. As his tipped the flask towards his mouth he could smell the vile liquid but refrained from showing disgust. It was warm and sweet to the taste, surprisingly so. Luca's expression told Lazlo as much. 

"You like?"

He questioned whilst nodding enthusiastically, almost grinning as he coughed and hacked away. 

"Lovely, my King"

Luca licked his lips and took a second, longer swig to consolidate his approval. Passing the gourd back he felt a wave of euphoria pass over him. Strange he thought, and shook it off. 

As they walked through the deserted, distressed streets of Nu-Venice, the Ghoul King pointed to the various dilapidated buildings they passed, keen to inform his new protégée of their glory and importance within his kingdom. The canals that ran alongside the pathways were foetid, stinking waterways. 

"Do you see?"

The inescapable look of confusion on Luca's face was all the answer Lazlo needed, but it did not stop him asking the question repeatedly as they made their way through the plaza to what the King described as his palace. 

As they traversed the crumbling stairs a deafening screech filled the air, shattering what few windows remained. Luca recoiled in shock as three titanic winged creatures landed in front of them. 

"Ah...look Luca, my noble pride...the Lions of Nu-Venice have come bid you welcome to my home. 

Do you see?"

The glee in Lazlo's voice was almost as disturbing as the trio of diseased, rotten monstrosities in front of them. Who knows what manner of beast they had once been in life, but the way they bowed and stood aside at a mere gesture from the King suggested a regality and loyalty not befit these things. 

As they walked up to the massive, ornate doors of the ruined palace, Luca found himself sipping from Lazlo's drinking flask, his brow furrowed as he realised he'd been passed this multiple times on the journey and drunk without question or even conscious thought. The unease was compounded by the knowing nod from the Ghoul King. 

Two hulking attendants, festooned with knives and literally covered in gore, stepped from alcoves on either side of the door and bowed to their king as they opened the great doors. 

If what he has witnessed in Nu-Venice so far was bizarre, Luca did not have the words to describe what he saw before him now. A vast ballroom, no doubt once great, with chandeliers smashed into the ground amidst broken tiles and rubble. 

The dance floor was full of ghoulish creatures moving slowly in what appeared to be choreographed manoeuvres, more sickening than this was that each of the Mordants held a corpse in their arms and were parading them around like aristocratic dance partners. 

Luca turned to the Abhorrent Ghoul King and reached out his arm. Under the cracked mask, he could see the wry smile on Lazlo's face as he passed him the gourd one last time. 

Tipping his head right back, Luca emptied the contents into his mouth, the tepid fluid almost burning as it slipped down his throat. In what seemed like seconds the Warlock felt overcome with ecstasy, his vision was swimming and he couldn't feel his extremities. His pupils dilated and he was sweating all over as he felt his head spinning. 

When he regained his composure, the scene before Luca was vastly different. The ballroom was glorious, with the candlelight from the glass chandelier casting a wonderful glow over the party, which was clearly in full swing. Noble gentlemen danced gracefully with beautiful women in elegant dresses. Luca realised he could not see a band or source of music, yet the grandiose tune played out loud in his head. 

Turning and walking outside the palace, Luca was in awe at the sight of three majestic Manticores, as regal as they were powerful. He looked out across Nu-Venice, the water in the canals was crystal clear and the buildings everything Lazlo had said. He marvelled at the architecture and beauty he beheld.

To his side stood Lazlo Peppiatt, Venetian Ghoul King. He stood tall and clad in the finest of silks, a gleaming crown atop his head. Looking down at Luca, the monarch removed his ornate mask and smiled handsomely.

"Now...do you see?"

Last minute as usual but here goes: 

From the shadows he watched, the Beastclaw tribe had swept into the mountains bring with them the winter, and it would be a matter of days before they broke through the mountainous ring into the shadowy vales they protected, his homelands. As he watched and composed the message of warning and doom he saw a salvation of sorts. 

A darking gloom descended on the pass and dark shapes coalesced into heaving blocks that surged forward and engulfed the thundering beasts. Moonclan. A bounding ball of orange fury burst from a small ravine tearing apart a pack of mournfang and their riders before disappearing into a large cavern. As he watched he saw the grots swarming over the large beasts, using their nets to entangle and snare the bulky bodies of the riders and their mounts. He then understood the plan unfolding before him. The Moonclan weapons could not inflict killing blows to such large behemoths but the trapped Alfrosuns began to panic and the reason soon became apparent as down the pass swept the icy Everwinter. The Moonclan faded before it back into their caves and holes leaving the ensnared raiders to their icy prisons. 

The cunning of the grot attack impressed the watcher, but as he watched he saw their viciousness too.  The Moonclan reappeared and set about hauling the frozen monsters up the steep sides of the pass, then propping them in place with huge, evil looking spikes many of which were lodged into suitably eye watering orifices ?.  The watcher grimaced as he understood their intent. He turned and dispatched his shadowy companion with a message for those in the shaded vales, and watched as the shadowy figure flew off.  Turning he saw the cruel greenskins had begun to defrost their huge foes, soon the walls of the pass echoed with the cackles of hordes of Moonclan and the bellows of the bulky monsters and large ogors whose own bulk was proving to be their demise, as they slowly and inexorably skewered themselves. 

Gnatstikka had seen the shadow thing flit away down the pass and as the roars of pain and grot mirth crescendoed around him he melting into the darkness to investigate. As he neared the spot from a downwind position he caught the funny smell of the watcher and grinned, these poncy valley dwellers didn't smell right but there was a great deal of satisfaction to be had in stikking one wiv' da stikka. 

The watcher watched the last throes of the raiders and turned to make his way back to the boarder post. The dark patch of rock in front of him cackled and blind panic rose in him, ******!! These Moonclan were also masters of the dark and shadows stabbing pain and a swirling darkness enwrapped him. 

Gnatstikka hawked up some flem and spat it on the plaid skin of the watcher before dragging the limp body back down into the caves, Gnozzard the Shaman, and his benefactor, would love to poke around in this one he grinned. Around him the grots fed on the beast law and soon infused by the surfeit of meat and blubber the power of the waaaaagh became a howling force and the tribe was on the move, their first target was the mountain peak real gate and from there - well where ever it took them, time for some stabbin' boyz ???

Evening chaps, just to let you all know that the exquisite Destruction Gork & Mork dice will be on sale over the course of the weekend. If any of you lovely greenskin players want any please let me know and I'll have them ready for you to collect at the event.

If you haven't seen them then check them out here:  

Dice.jpg

ATTENTION PLAYERS!

An email has been sent (please check your spam folders if you haven't received it) which contains some useful info for the weekend.

In addition, time to finalise those Grudges! In true Narrative fashion, we're also letting you choose the table you'd start on for the event, and here's the current list. So drop me a message and get it in quick-quick!

20161113_231805.jpg

@Thornshield

Me and @Nathan (presuming that's the right tag!) have agreed on Shadow, just need to select a board. Think my army will look really cool on the bloody streets of Mitzmanheim...but man do those floating islands and rents in the earth look awesome and possibly more fun to play on. Dunno, can't decide. It's all super cool.

Up to N-Dogg though!

Archived