What's your favorite Death sub-faction?

Darth Alec

Explain your reason. Got a fluff preference? Enjoy the performance of one faction in particular? Love the look of the Deathlords?

I'm going to go for something pretty cheap and say Deathrattle. It's the ranks of undead skeletons that really holds the appeal to me. None of this fleshy business. Helps that it has a lot of my favorite units, like the humble skeleton, or the Chariots.

*looks at painted models*

I'm gonna have to say Deathlords, own and painted every single scroll in that subsection.

For me the interesting part of death has always been the special characters.  

I adore Nagash, he's just so much the evil mastermind.  

Arkhan is a fantastic lieutenant for Nagash, cool back story as well.

Neferata is probably my favorite, the archetypal hidden manipulator.

And when it comes back stabbing, only cares about themselves and universally distrusted, you can't beat Manfred.

My only problem is no Vlad and Isabella.

If I'm being honest morghast are mainly liked for rules, they are so good!

Deathrattle! Great models, synergistic rules, cool background. Combine with a few malignant and deathlord units for good measure.

Problem is, photos I take of my army go out of date pretty quickly with all the progress I'm making. One day they will be ready to unleash in full.

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1307.jpg

Ben: holy moly. That is a lot of skeletons! Have you ever fielded them properly? You really should do a "Nagash in all his might" battle, no holds barred.

Deathlords are cool but they sorta get a pass for having 3 new great kits. Nagash is absolute top tier, and the Mortarchs are really, really good as well. I was sceptical to the Morghasts until I built some.

Love the movement trays.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving the Flesheater Courts. Gave me solid reason to field my Crypt Ghouls  (they weren't that great at the end of Fantasy) Now I'm deep into rebasing.

I'll also use the Deadwalkers a bit as I'm tickled to field my Corpse Cart!

Hmm, not sure on one. I love a mix really! Deathrattle due to the large numbers of skellies advancing on your foe, deathmages because I love summoning, perhaps the most fun I've had. :D I enjoy the monsters, nothing like a swarm of terrorgheists. And then the flesheater courts are almost adorable (what did I say!?) in their belief that they're nobles and royals :P

Another vote for Deathrattle here. Started playing with toys again a couple of years into eighth and somehow ended up with about 4000 points of Tomb Kings and about two wins under my belt by the end of it. Sad to see them go but am currently working on a TK/Death fusion based on a "blasted lands" Deathrattle faction by cannibalising all my old models and kitbashing with the VC range. Led by Nagash and his main man, Arkhan, of course...

Nag ash and his lore was the reason I follow death. Deathrattle and soulblight are currently the 2 that drawing my attention and soon I believe there will be more... I like fresh eater court, but the model need to update... The ghouls are fine... The zombies... They need to be given abit more attention to...

I would like to say Deathlords, but I'll go with Soulblight - I'm in love with the Vampire lore since I took my first RPG book, the Masquerade! Indeed my first and only Death model as of now is the Winged Vampire lord, which is on my painting table right now ;) 

That said, I just ordered a box of Morghast because I really like that models, and I'm going to build an army around them :D 

I just like the zombies. I love the idea of a massive horde of zombies walking across the battlefield. I just wish they had different mechanics, like for each model they slay gain a model of zombies (rather than rolling a D6 for them) and corpse cart did something more for zombies like gave them a mortal wound save or something. I'd like to just have an army of a single super powerful necromancer (not nagash/arkhan they are more spirits) and a horde of zombies and zombie dogs with corpse carts. 

I really wish the ghouls were more menacing. 

Can we like them all for favourites :P?

In all seriousness, I do like a mix but, if we're choosing, Flesh-eater Courts would be it. The little background that spread from the GA: Death book got the Death Alliance hook in the water and, with the release of the Ghoulish Host box, I grabbed the hook and got yanked into the boat. They're another tragic faction that Fate laughed at heartily and said "Nope!" All the people turned to the services of mad vampires...

So, as in all things, background rules the day and I am ever its loyal follower.

Archived