AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

5 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Could you share your 1k list with us?:)

Sure, I had posted it a few pages ago so I didn't want to spam. The tournament has a restriction of "no units of more than 299 pts" so I had to split the libs into two units of 15:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Astral Templars (Stormkeep)
Lord-Veritant (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Dauntless Hunters
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate
- Prayer: Divine Light
15 x Liberators (270)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 3x Grandhammers
15 x Liberators (270)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 3x Grandhammers
6 x Gryph-Hounds (120)
9 x Khainite Shadowstalkers (100)
- Allies
Stormkeep Patrol (130)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 100 / 400
Wounds: 93

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, baiardo said:

I like the list, personally I would find a way to play raptors longstrike, even one unit could snipe out some hero after the magic phase or remove screenings.

Out:sequitors and geminids 

In: 1x5liberators, 1x3raptors + extra command point. Tot.2k

4 hours ago, PJetski said:

Keep the geminids, remove the comet. Kroaks cant cast the comet.

Swap one Incantor for an Azyros.

Longstrikes are underwhelming without double tap from Anvils - consider running some Ballistae to clear screens out of the way of your Dracolines

Some interesting ideas, I do quite like the idea of adding in some shooting in to clear out the screens, and keep them hitting the stuff I want them to. Hopefully can get some proper games soon to try it out.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:30 AM, PJetski said:

I would pick Astral Templars to snipe the mawkrusha with ballista drop or Celestial Vindicators to push more melee damage with the Dracolines.

Consider removing the Comet and swapping Sequitors for Liberators to gain 190 points. You could use that on using judicators as battleline, or more useful spells such as cogs to reroll saves with evocators, or adding another unit to your army like a Knight-Incantor for a dispel scroll to guarantee stopping his teleport or Hurricane Raptors with a unit of Aetherwings to block charges.

I prefer raptors more, even with xbow, but 7wounds per ballista is always helpful.

4 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Sure, I had posted it a few pages ago so I didn't want to spam. The tournament has a restriction of "no units of more than 299 pts" so I had to split the libs into two units of 15:

- Stormhost: Astral Templars (Stormkeep)
Lord-Veritant (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Dauntless Hunters
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate
- Prayer: Divine Light
15 x Liberators (270)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 3x Grandhammers
15 x Liberators (270)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 3x Grandhammers
6 x Gryph-Hounds (120)
- Allies
Stormkeep Patrol (130)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Allies: 100 / 400
Wounds: 93

Do you think 2*10 libs and have one Incantor with Dais Arcanum. Spells like azyrite halo or any damage spells could be usefull , plus you can have one extra hero for any objectives that need to be captured by one. Or an exorcist if you want to drop only 1*5 libs.

Edited by Thanos-se
correction

1 hour ago, Thanos-se said:

Do you think 2*10 libs and have one Incantor with Dais Arcanum. Spells like azyrite halo or any damage spells could be usefull , plus you can have one extra hero for any objectives that need to be captured by one. Or an exorcist if you want to drop only 1*5 libs.

My intention was to build a skewed list so I went all-in with the liberators. I don't think that adding a hero would be worth losing the 20 wounds on 3+ rr1 (or even 10) and adding a few mortal wounds here and there will not add much to the (very low) output of this list, but I would have to try it to see how that would work.

Edited by Marcvs

I am more considerate about the unbinds a Wizzard offers. You can have one unbind with veritant ofc, but against Luminth for example (which I confronted yesterady) it was usefull to have one unbind against their power of hysh (5+ on hit mortal wounds). Again it's totally different at the paper rather than the actual game. So I don't have any arguements till I test it. 

Edited by Thanos-se

If I use stormkeep patrol and set-up my units 9" away from enemy and then using command trait of Astral Templars move them 6" more, can I end-up 3" away from enemy???? Which comes first? Command trait or the batallion?

Edited by Thanos-se

15 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

If I use stormkeep patrol and set-up my units 9" away from enemy and then using command trait of Astral Templars move them 6" more, can I end-up 3" away from enemy???? Which comes first? Command trait or the batallion?

yep. that's the one trick of my 1k list :D

the patrol and the astral templar CT happen at the same time, so you choose the order

Edited by Marcvs
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure about this? It gives you an opporunity to charge at 3" in 1st round. Also what weapons do you use at Libs. Playing the Astral Templars and setting - up 3" away I would also played as many Libs as I could on contrary to what I have mentioned above. Maybe I would use also the paired warhammers.

1 hour ago, Thanos-se said:

Are you sure about this? It gives you an opporunity to charge at 3" in 1st round. Also what weapons do you use at Libs. Playing the Astral Templars and setting - up 3" away I would also played as many Libs as I could on contrary to what I have mentioned above. Maybe I would use also the paired warhammers.

Pretty sure, yes. It has been ruled so in the two tournaments where I've played this list-idea (I've explicitly asked the TOs beforehand) and I haven't seen anyone aruing for the contrary online either. Of course, if you plan to bring this to a tournament it's always worth asking.

As for double weapons, I don't think it's a good idea. Damage output of normal-weapons liberators remains lackluster and having many of them in combat is always very hard. I consider all my damage to come from the three big hammers in general. I wouldn't trade more survivability (which is the key of the list) for a bit of added damage.

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

yep. that's the one trick of my 1k list :D

the patrol and the astral templar CT happen at the same time, so you choose the order

So you want to charge 1 turn with the Liberators? Isn't this benefitial for your opponent because you come to him to get slaughtered? Your output wont kill anything important, so he can mop you up in 2 turns? 
My main opponent is an ironjaws player who fields 1 Mawcrusher, 2 Warchanter and 2 pig units at 1k, so i am maybe a bit influenced by my bad experience. 

2 minutes ago, Archibald said:

So you want to charge 1 turn with the Liberators? Isn't this benefitial for your opponent because you come to him to get slaughtered? Your output wont kill anything important, so he can mop you up in 2 turns? 
My main opponent is an ironjaws player who fields 1 Mawcrusher, 2 Warchanter and 2 pig units at 1k, so i am maybe a bit influenced by my bad experience. 

It depends of course, my charge is rarely meant to go and offer my whole front for the enemy to attack. Generally I am using it as added movement to capture objectives and occupy space beyond the initial redeployment +6"

Sometimes it might be worth it for the offense too (killing a lot of chaff at 1k is often my best chioice to make it easier to keep objectives) but it's absolutely clear that this list will crumble to high-output enemies. I also took it in a setting with an important limitation: no units of more than 299 (so no maw crusha). In your example, charging the pigs would make sense to deny their bonus on the charge and you might even kill one with the 2+/3+/-1/2 big hammers. Also they don't have super high rend.

Anyway: it's by no means a powerful list, so of course it has plenty of counters

• Like 1

If you don't charge how you work the list. If you move towards opponent he ll slaughter you anyway in his/her turn. At least at first turn he doesn't have his buffs.  Charge maybe to a hero or a key unit. Not engage your whole army into combat. In 1k lists one or two leaders less would be beneficial for us. Otherwise if you can capture an objective in the enemy territory and get  more points it is an option too. Even then you shouldn't be wiped so you can preserve your early earned points.

42 minutes ago, Archibald said:

400+points single miniature in a 1k game is lamer haha, especially if you don't play one.
My second game was against a tzeench player with Lord of Change - Greater Daemon of Tzeentch, flamers horrors..2nd turn I had only 2heroes my opponents still had 850points.

Now I play 1k only with the rule: units 300 points max

Edited by baiardo

Too add something more. I might charge with gryph hounds first and retreat to the objective. Then pile in with Libs. I will totally test it in one-two weeks. I play casual usually against fyreslayers lumineth slaves to darkness and nighthaunt (my friends' armies).

@PJetski

I will be facing DoT with my vanguard. This time he is coming with flamers: 

Allegiance: Tzeentch
- Change Coven: Eternal Conflaguration
Lord of Change (380)
- General
- Command Trait: Coruscating Flames
- Artefact: Shroud of Warpflame
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Changecaster, Herald of Tzeentch (110)
- Artefact: Aura of Mutability
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (220)
6 x Flamers of Tzeentch (280)
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (140)
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (140)
10 x Blue Horrors of Tzeentch (100)
10 x Blue Horrors of Tzeentch (100)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)
Changehost (180)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 82
Drops: 1-10

- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (170)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Knight-Venator (110)
- Artefact: Luckstone
Knight-Venator (110)
- Artefact: Spellshield
Knight-Venator (110)
- Artefact: Soulthief

Battleline
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (100)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres

Units
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (170)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Starstrike Javelins
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (170)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Battalions
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (150)
Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (130)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 103
Drops: 1-14

So he has his 1 drop as me, he can teleport a unit of pinks to make 9" charge. LoC spell portal and the ranged theat that has like -1 hit vs shooting.

To me the LoC feels like bait, it's good to kill but I need to get the flamers. 

I assume we both roll 50/50 who gets to deploy first.

If I win I probably want to give it, to avoid a double turn.

But I wonder how to do if I need to go first, been considering playing passive and deploy longstikes t2 and try aim for a double?

Stay outside LoCs 18" but remember portal.

Watch out for 27" flamer treat. 

Thoughts, tips?

22 minutes ago, FattBooM666 said:

@PJetski

So he has his 1 drop as me, he can teleport a unit of pinks to make 9" charge. LoC spell portal and the ranged theat that has like -1 hit vs shooting.

To me the LoC feels like bait, it's good to kill but I need to get the flamers. 

I assume we both roll 50/50 who gets to deploy first.

If I win I probably want to give it, to avoid a double turn.

But I wonder how to do if I need to go first, been considering playing passive and deploy longstikes t2 and try aim for a double?

Stay outside LoCs 18" but remember portal.

Watch out for 27" flamer treat. 

Thoughts, tips?

All fire from raptors to flamers, destroy that units.

Venators on Lord of Chage with d6+3 dmg.

Basically move and/or protect raptors as much and at best as you can.

Edited by baiardo
  • Like 1

In general you want to nullify threats to your shooting early in the game to give you map control over objectives. Stormcast have one of the best ways to win ranged vs ranged fights because you can deploy units in reserve and teleport with super long range shooting.

If you had a Knight-Incantor you could guarantee stopping the spell portal every time. This is why I prefer Anvilstrike over the vanguard battalion list; much better at stopping other ranged damage lists without being totally reliant on raptor shooting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baiardo said:

All fire from raptors to flamers, destroy that units.

Venators on Lord of Chage with d6+3 dmg.

Basically move and/or protect raptors as much and at best as you can.

Yes i think i can get 6/12 killed in a turn atleast, rest is bonus.
Yes the starfated arrows can be really good. :)

Qustion is about the t1 if its better to try give t1, have all units outside 27" from flamers. Keep like 3x longstrikes, 1x venator, 1 aetheriwings and last maybe a unit of hunters.
When my turn i can try drop longstrikes, fly/drop a venator so they can double tap turn after. The palladors could if needed run 9d6 towards the longstrikes to become a chaff since aetherwings can stop charges but they dont always cover everywhere. (Though i like running 9d6 at a soft corner and then coming in with 5 hunters aswell when people are not expecting it)

I think in the best worlds is to give t1 and go for the double, if it take/gets t1 even if i kill 6-7 flamers its still 50% power left, plus the exalted as shooting power.
And if LoC is not dead he can move up t1 within spell range, gets the double and they will be enough to kill longstrikes (thats what i belive anyway)

And if i hide units and keep stuff in the air, i can then see where he moves t1, look for weaknesses where i can drop down. Take out as many flamers as possible, fingers crossed for a double and then more stuff is dead.

6 hours ago, PJetski said:

In general you want to nullify threats to your shooting early in the game to give you map control over objectives. Stormcast have one of the best ways to win ranged vs ranged fights because you can deploy units in reserve and teleport with super long range shooting.

If you had a Knight-Incantor you could guarantee stopping the spell portal every time. This is why I prefer Anvilstrike over the vanguard battalion list; much better at stopping other ranged damage lists without being totally reliant on raptor shooting.

Yep i totally get that, im just comparing when only having one unit of 9x longstrikes with no batallion. The damage output compared to 9x with the vanguard, its 100% more shots.

Say in the best worlds you have including t1 24" you have a total of 90 shots during 5 turns if alive. And in vanguard you have 180 shots.
If he gives t1 and i choose to be passive not dropping down, and i aim for the double t2-t3 i have lost 36 shots so i am down to 144 shots but they are alive, and i have another shot at the double. Instead of risking getting double t1-t2. (Im only comparing what they do in shooting damange and not adding in evocators or whatever in the non vanguard but you  get the idea)

That is where my headspace is right now, aim for a double either t1 to t2 or t2 to t3. (probably needs to move up some units just to grab early points ofc but try minimize dmg)

Pinks might be troublesome with 50 wounds but as long as the flamers die first, LoC after that, then picking out the other characters.

I can totally understand why the incantor is in there for the dispell, but hey i do have a spellshield right? ;)

I have played the following list on the weekend against the new Slaanesh with a Gluttos, Sigvald and a bunch of the mortal units. We played Starstrike. I think I was favoured with the scenario thanks to Scions of the storm and the unit of Shadowstalkers but I really enjoyed the list and got the win in the end. 10 Evocators coming down from Azyr can still do a lot of work even in 2021. Just thought I'd put this here for some positive vibes. :D Still hoping for a new battletome soon, pls.

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

LEADERS

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)

- General
- Command Trait: We Cannot Fail - Artefact: God-forged Blade
- Spell: Celestial Blades

Lord-Castellant (120)

Knight-Heraldor (100)

Gavriel Sureheart (120)

UNITS

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Tempest Blades and Soulshields - 3 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields - 3 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

10 x Evocators (420)

- 5 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)

- 4 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades

- Allies

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Extra Command Point (50)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, martinwolf said:

I have played the following list on the weekend against the new Slaanesh with a Gluttos, Sigvald and a bunch of the mortal units. We played Starstrike. I think I was favoured with the scenario thanks to Scions of the storm and the unit of Shadowstalkers but I really enjoyed the list and got the win in the end. 10 Evocators coming down from Azyr can still do a lot of work even in 2021. Just thought I'd put this here for some positive vibes. :D Still hoping for a new battletome soon, pls.

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

LEADERS

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)

- General
- Command Trait: We Cannot Fail - Artefact: God-forged Blade
- Spell: Celestial Blades

Lord-Castellant (120)

Knight-Heraldor (100)

Gavriel Sureheart (120)

UNITS

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Tempest Blades and Soulshields - 3 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

5 x Sequitors (120)

10 x Evocators (420)

- 5 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)

- 4 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades

- Allies

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Extra Command Point (50)

Gav bombs actually got better because of slaanesh and petrifex nerfs. Now we only have to worry about IDK.

And the insane nonsense that is Seraphon

51 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Gav bombs actually got better because of slaanesh and petrifex nerfs. Now we only have to worry about IDK.

And the insane nonsense that is Seraphon

I tried gav bomb with pally against seraphon, skinks spam and chamaleon, not ended well for me!XD Magic and shooting phase are really insane.

Edited by baiardo

46 minutes ago, baiardo said:

I tried gav bomb with pally against seraphon, skinks spam and chamaleon, not ended well for me!XD Magic and shooting phase are really insane.

It doesnt take a lot of data or a genius to know that a 60 point unit that be battle-line, screen and a MW spammer with free teleports is the most broken nonsense ever. Coupled with a 320 MW nuke monster with a 4 up FNP.  But hey Ben Johnson and his design team apparently think there isnt enough data to nerf seraphon yet. 

• Like 1