AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, NurgleBro said:

How good are Sequitors?

Absolutely amazing. Even tougher tan Liberators but with some actual killing power. I already have 10 and Will buy the multi part kit as son as it's out.

2 hours ago, aceytrixx said:

I'm now wondering if Vandus is now a good shout if you play hammers of sigmar. To me he seems to be as he's stronger than a regular LCoD but his 24inch don't take battleshock ability isn't a command ability so you don't need a CP for it. Also being able to add an attack to units around him for 1cp seems good.  For only 60points more. 

I've been thinking the same thing. The main concern is that without the shield he would be a bit squishy, but I guess it needs to be put to the test.

47 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Absolutely amazing. Even tougher tan Liberators but with some actual killing power. I already have 10 and Will buy the multi part kit as son as it's out.

I've been thinking the same thing. The main concern is that without the shield he would be a bit squishy, but I guess it needs to be put to the test.

I think it be worth trying him and a unit of concussors/Fulminators in the sky and time their drop with the turn you want to charge your Sequitors in. Then charge in all 3 units and buff.

Or Evocators on dracolines since they can reroll their charge rolls. 

Probably want to take the cogs in that list aswell 

Edited by aceytrixx

21 minutes ago, Reeve said:

So what seems to be the point of Castigators? Either I'm missing something or are they massively underwhelming?

Pretty good for MSU holding/harassing. For the price of 5 Judicators, you get 6 Castigators. They miss out on the Shockbolt Bow, but they get their buffs (Rend -2 is really good), and if they split up into 2 units of 3, get 2 Primes and can split up on the board with the new Scions.

Judicators get the boost of being Battleline and having the very swingy Shockbolt bow, but if you've got those 80-160 points at the end of list building, they are great harasser units that can chip down Heroes with Rend -2 and jump on Objectives for cheap.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hulksmash said:

Where did this come up? I'm going to be extremely sad if they can't bounce around between the prosecutors anymore :(

The new Facehammer podcast goes through every artifact, spell, unit, and battalion in the book. Pretty much all the Battalions lost some stuff but went down in price, probably to balance out the fact that Battalions give out an extra CP now.

7 minutes ago, Requizen said:

The new Facehammer podcast goes through every artifact, spell, unit, and battalion in the book. Pretty much all the Battalions lost some stuff but went down in price, probably to balance out the fact that Battalions give out an extra CP now.

Did they mention anything interesting that hasn't come up in the thread here yet? I don't have enough time to listen to podcasts lately unfortunately

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Well that's less than bueno.  I'd almost wished they left it and just left the points high. At this point to get anywhere near the same effect I'm going to have to invest in an extra "priest" and a magic user to summon cogs to get anywhere near it. Oh well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mystycalchemy said:

Did they mention anything interesting that hasn't come up in the thread here yet? I don't have enough time to listen to podcasts lately unfortunately

Some neat Battalion effects and what not, but nothing gamebreaking.

29 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Did the Liberators change or not? I have read something about better paired weapons bonus, but some youtube tome review just said no changes for them.

Still up in the air from what I've seen. I think they did change, but no one mentioned it because everyone just uses Shields and most people don't even look at Paired Weapons as an option. 

I saw that a full unit of Sequitors are only 400 points? Is it true?

if yes i think i will include a 20 man unit into my stardrake+Fulminators list. How much grand weapons can a unit of 20 have?

Edited by Erdemo86

3 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

I saw that a full unit of Sequitors are only 400 points? Is it true?

if yes i think i will include a 20 man unit into my stardrake+Fulminators list. How much grand weapons can a unit of 20 have?

Yep, that's in the GHB.

Sequitor grand weapons are 2 in every 5, plus the Prime can get one for free. So 20 can get 9 Grandhammers. It's pretty brutal.

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

Sequitor grand weapons are 2 in every 5, plus the Prime can get one for free. So 20 can get 9 Grandhammers. It's pretty brutal.

Yeah, I feel that's going to be a staple of Stormcast armies for a while. Big blob of sequitors, 1 unit of judicators and a single unit of liberators is a solid, if a bit expensive, battle line group to build on.

11 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Still up in the air from what I've seen. I think they did change, but no one mentioned it because everyone just uses Shields and most people don't even look at Paired Weapons as an option. 

Thanks. It would be just a small buff, but it adds at least some offensive power if you go max grand, few shields, rest paired.

19 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Thanks. It would be just a small buff, but it adds at least some offensive power if you go max grand, few shields, rest paired.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like you mean in one unit of Liberators, you want to mix shields and paired weapons? 

2 minutes ago, Draviticus said:

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like you mean in one unit of Liberators, you want to mix shields and paired weapons? 

Yes, I am stupid. I have known this for ages but somehow forgot about it and got excited. That's probably because I am looking for an excuse to still field them in 2.0 and not build and paint new Sequitors.

23 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Yes, I am stupid. I have known this for ages but somehow forgot about it and got excited. That's probably because I am looking for an excuse to still field them in 2.0 and not build and paint new Sequitors.

Are you planning to build and paint a Lord Arcanum, and make him your general? If not, then Liberators are still your cheapest battleline unit, and unless you are running 3 Judicators, the only way to get 3 battleline units. Liberators definitely still have a place, it's just that place is a little smaller then it use to be.

Edited by Draviticus

11 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Does anyone has informations about the Lord Arkanum on foot? Which spell does he have?

same command ability?

Nah. His spell is: 6+, pick an enemy unit within 18" and it has -1 to hit rolls. Pretty strong.

Command Ability: When an Endless Spell within 12" of him moves, he can add d6" to the movement. Not great at all. 

Have a feeling that 20 Sequitors will be an auto pick.

also 3x 20 sequitors with hammers of Sigmar Stormhost could be the new stormcast meta. Imagine a unit of 20 comin back. And that 6+ ward save will do his work too. Even better than old Vulkite Berzerker Lists.

i will try adding 20 and a lord arkanum on foot + coggs into my Stardrake list. 

Edited by Erdemo86

14 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Have a feeling that 20 Sequitors will be an auto pick.

also 3x 20 sequitors with hammers of Sigmar Stormhost could be the new stormcast meta. Imagine a unit of 20 comin back. And that 6+ ward save will do his work too. Even better than old Vulkite Berzerker Lists.

i will try adding 20 and a lord arkanum on foot + coggs into my Stardrake list. 

Sequitors don't have the Redeemer key word in the app, doesn't the hammers of sigmar ability only work on redeemers?  

Even if it doesn't I had already been considering the potential of a 60 sequitor list.  I agree that 20 may well be a staple.  Although they could be hard to fit in a stardrake list since you'd probably want it as your general (unless you're going with Drakesworn Templar).

7 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Sequitors don't have the Redeemer key word in the app, doesn't the hammers of sigmar ability only work on redeemers?  

Even if it doesn't I had already been considering the potential of a 60 sequitor list.  I agree that 20 may well be a staple.  Although they could be hard to fit in a stardrake list since you'd probably want it as your general (unless you're going with Drakesworn Templar).

You have to look inside the easy to build Sequitors. They have the Redeemer Keyword.

I will do it like this i think,

Arkanum on foot

Drakesworn Templar

Castellant

2x5 Judicators

1x20 Sequitors

2x2 Fulminators

chronomatic Coggs

and go for a Stormhost, im not sure which one but Vindicators look very good for this list.

Edited by Erdemo86

52 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

You have to look inside the easy to build Sequitors. They have the Redeemer Keyword.

I will do it like this i think,

Arkanum on foot

Drakesworn Templar

Castellant

2x5 Judicators

1x20 Sequitors

2x2 Fulminators

chronomatic Coggs

and go for a Stormhost, im not sure which one but Vindicators look very good for this list.

Tested the drakesworn templar as a cestial vindicator general, he is very very squishy. He Needs more protection then the lantern.  

37 minutes ago, Thor said:

Tested the drakesworn templar as a cestial vindicator general, he is very very squishy. He Needs more protection then the lantern.  

Yeah i was thinking about it too. Think he is still too expensive for what he does, but i will try. 

I will buy 20 Sequitors+Arkanum and paint them to build up my list. Does anyone know when Sequitors come Seperate? I

If Drakesworn is not good enough i will exchange him for

an incantor+ Evocators on Dracoline+Balista.

Or incantor+Frostheart Phoenix.

or incantor+ 3 Balistas

Edited by Erdemo86