AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

19 hours ago, Fyrithil said:

Thanks for the reply, the green is not for me as I don't like the colour that much but a scheme like the one on the Battletome cover is not a bad idea at all.. How would you approach this? Corax White undercoat, Pallid Wych Flesh belly, Khorne Red on the topside and using watered down Caroburg Crimson on the transition. Afterwards adding the streaks shown on the cover and using Fenrisian Grey with a bit of Tallisar Blue in the center of the streaks so the red still is visible on the edges? 

Maybe a slightly warmer base? So it becomes a bit more ‘cream’ coloured instead of cold. 
so I would try ushabti bone as a base layer and then a few layers mixing pallid flesh and ushabti. So you get that nice build up. 
Id maybe try blootletter glaze for the transition. 
but otherwise your suggestions are the same as mine or better ideas. 

On 11/21/2020 at 8:45 PM, herohammer said:

It counts wounds per model

Its insane, ishlaen guards with leviadon seems very strong combo.  If i understood its:

Within 18" of leviadon: 

-2 + save  first turn thx to allegiance

- 3+ the rest of time no charge , but still in range from leviadon buff

- 2+ in range of leviadon , when charging

- 3+ out.of range of leviadon , but charging

It seems very good guys! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kramer said:

Maybe a slightly warmer base? So it becomes a bit more ‘cream’ coloured instead of cold. 
so I would try ushabti bone as a base layer and then a few layers mixing pallid flesh and ushabti. So you get that nice build up. 
Id maybe try blootletter glaze for the transition. 
but otherwise your suggestions are the same as mine or better ideas. 

So what I did was a light blue grey like Soace Wolves grey, then feathered with super thin lines of white all along the belly.  The white “spilled” over into the blue skin to help blend it together.  Just 2 paints.  

First coat of white I did really watered down so it appears darker/more dull.  second coat wasn’t directly on the first coat, so almost appears like 3 colors of paint but only 2.

7514058A-5EDF-413B-B476-065DF47A69C9.jpeg

• Like 1

I like the eels, but they are all kinda samey- has anyone tried cutting and molding them so they are in different poses? Pondering trying to make one wound up in a circle or something. 

I like what you did with the pedastles there. The bases / stands for them are also awful

Edited by Frowny

1 hour ago, Frowny said:

I like the eels, but they are all kinda samey- has anyone tried cutting and molding them so they are in different poses? Pondering trying to make one wound up in a circle or something. 

I like what you did with the pedastles there. The bases / stands for them are also awful

I thought about putting them in hot water so i could bend them, but ultimately didn’t want to risk it :) 

12 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Its insane, ishlaen guards with leviadon seems very strong combo.  If i understood its:

Within 18" of leviadon: 

It seems very good guys! 

dont forget the re-roll 1's for mystic shield or a command point if you want to. 

7 hours ago, Midjithero said:

So what I did was a light blue grey like Soace Wolves grey, then feathered with super thin lines of white all along the belly.  The white “spilled” over into the blue skin to help blend it together.  Just 2 paints.  

First coat of white I did really watered down so it appears darker/more dull.  second coat wasn’t directly on the first coat, so almost appears like 3 colors of paint but only 2.

7514058A-5EDF-413B-B476-065DF47A69C9.jpeg

Looks great! Looks great with the pillars as well, Great execution. 

Although, as to the original question, you're still blending two colours along the length of the eel. 

15 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Within 18" of leviadon: 

It seems very good guys! 

Leviadon’s aura is 12’ or 15’ with mount trait

still strong ;)

Edited by Kharl
Correction

16 hours ago, mrteige said:

that is right.

2 full boats

1 full boat and 1 half boat

2 half boats.

those are your options

Do you guys think, that this will be corrected in the future? I don’t really like it, and it does not seem very fair and actually intended. Sure as it came up, GW realized they can sell double the amount of boat sets, so they kept it. It is super exploitable and it does not make any sense, one boat is hardly acceptable popping out an the battlefield, but two? Come on!

Thanks all for the input on painting the eels, I have no experience with feathering so not sure how to use that.. The Ushabti into Red seems like a nice color combination. Bloodletter glaze was no longer available, I have the red contrast that I can use as a 9:1 Lahmian Medium : Contrast Red mix.

Edited by Fyrithil

1 hour ago, Keilerei said:

Do you guys think, that this will be corrected in the future? I don’t really like it, and it does not seem very fair and actually intended. Sure as it came up, GW realized they can sell double the amount of boat sets, so they kept it. It is super exploitable and it does not make any sense, one boat is hardly acceptable popping out an the battlefield, but two? Come on!

I don't really think it will be altered. They have had opportunities to do so but haven't. Maybe that is just me but...

19 hours ago, Keilerei said:

I think the wording is pretty clear and always has been. The two halves are a chance for players to deploy to scenery-models without buying two ships not the other way around. 

And I don't know what would be unfair about it. The effects are pretty mild compared to other scenery and we have to watch our positioning very carefully to even have an effect at all. Some opponents avoid the like they are radioactive but that's on them. Like the high tide the expectation is often bigger than the event.

Edited by DocKeule

2 hours ago, DocKeule said:

I think the wording is pretty clear and always has been. The two halves are a chance for players to deploy to scenery-models without buying two ships not the other way around. 

And I don't know what would be unfair about it. The effects are pretty mild compared to other scenery and we have to watch our positioning very carefully to even have an effect at all. Some opponents avoid the like they are radioactive but that's on them. Like the high tide the expectation is often bigger than the event.

Thank you for your thoughts there. 
You are right the effects are kind lackluster and maybe not comparable to other scenery pieces. But I refer to the immensely footprint of two boats you are able to deploy into your opponents deployment zone, armies that don‘t fly or teleport might have a problem.

But maybe I am just not willing to paint and pay for a second boat, lol.

Time for another Batrep guys and gals.

This time its my IDK list vs. LRL

First off i want to apologize for the stand ins. My Turtle is in the mail and i am rebasing my army at the minute so there will be a lot of bases and not so many figures in this one. Hope you will still get a kick out of it though. ;)
(Lotann on a 120mm base is the turtle, 2 Gore Gruntas are net launching sharks, 6 empty bases are harpoon sharks, 10 Namarti Reavers are Sentinels)

The armies:
IDK
- Enclave: Fuethan

Leaders
Akhelian King (230)- General- Bladed Polearm- Command Trait: Lord of Storm and Sea - Artefact: Cloud of Midnight - Mount Trait: Voidchill Darkness
Isharann Soulscryer (130)

Battleline
3x3 Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140) (420)

Units
2x3 Akhelian Allopexes (330) (660)- Razorshell Harpoon
2 x Akhelian Allopexes (220)
- Retarius Net Launcher

Behemoths
Akhelian Leviadon (340)

Total: 2000 / 2000

LRL
- Great Nation: Zaitrec

Leaders
Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)
Scinari Cathallar (140)- General- Command Trait: Fast Learner - Artefact: Gift of Celennar - Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light

Battleline
3x10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
- Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing, Speed of Hysh, Lambent Light
3x10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)

Units
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Battleplan:
Shifting Objectives in Gyran

The Battle:

Turn 1 (far right objective is the primary)

1.jpg.c64f365db7f05129f19a562274c58274.jpg

LRL:
Lumineth gets all of their spells of, dealing a  bunch of chip damage to my units, buffs mortal wounds on sentinels, 5+DPR from Teclis, Speed on a unit of wardens and whatever else they can do.
They move up and takes middle and primary objective.
In the shooting phase I use cloud of midnight so only 1 unit can shoot and it kills 2 Ishlaen guards.

IDK:

I fly my Ishlaen guards up to sit on all 3 objectives, My sharks in position to shoot, my Turtle up to buff and stupidly my King up to charge. (he should have been held back inside the boat if I had a redo) Lastly I bring my 2 sharks and the scryer in because m opponent gave me 2 units of Sentinels to charge.
In the shooting phase i shoot down 5 Sentinels and 6 Wardens.
I charge my unit of 2 sharks, 3 ishlaen guards and 3 sharks into wardens and Sentinels. I kill the last 4 Wardens and, with the 2 sharks, I kill an entire unit of Sentinels and trap the other unit due to netting.

7-4 IDK

Round 2 (far left objective is primary)2.jpg.c84c5b947ba77d7a588a65a37e207ac3.jpg

LRL
They keep blasting me with magic. Kills off the King and chips of wounds on all other units exept 3 eels and the scryer. They get the rest of their nonsence off including making my turtle and my net Sharks stupid
10 Wardens and the dawnriders move to the middle, 10 Wardens move to the right objective and the 10 Sentinels move back.
All the shooting kills 1 Net shark and charges from the 20 Wardens kills another 2 sharks and 2 eels. Sharks kills 15 wardens in total. 1 of the units of sharks runs away but the other 2 units makes their battleshock rolls of a 1 or a 2 to stay one the board.

IDK
Ok. Now I need to kill things and do it fast.
my 1 eel in the middle switches positions with the 3 on the left and the rest of my army stay put.
Shooting thins out the wardens bringing them down to 1 pr. unit. The combat phase finishes them off.

12-6 IDK

Turn 3 (primary objective is in the middle)

3.jpg.224e0a121ea5f90b4fec2bc661aac152.jpg

IDK
My Turn is pretty straight forward. I move my sharks and 3 eels in to the middle of the board, moves the scryer close to the 3 eels and let the 2 units of 1 eel stand on objectives.
My turtle and my net Shark are still stupid so they just hang around doing nothing.
In the shooting phase i shoot everything im allowed to shoot with at the Dawnriders and afterwards charges them.
They die and I collect max points.

LRL
My opponent calls it here because he cant come back on points.

19-6 IDK

Super fun game and this was without a doubt my biggest test with this list. The MWs can really do a number on these guys, but its nice to see that the speed , shooting and CC dam output + the cloud of midnight can still cause armies to many problems to handle.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, mrteige said:

Time for another Batrep guys and gals.

This time its my IDK list vs. LRL

First off i want to apologize for the stand ins. My Turtle is in the mail and i am rebasing my army at the minute so there will be a lot of bases and not so many figures in this one. Hope you will still get a kick out of it though. ;)
(Lotann on a 120mm base is the turtle, 2 Gore Gruntas are net launching sharks, 6 empty bases are harpoon sharks, 10 Namarti Reavers are Sentinels)

The armies:
IDK
- Enclave: Fuethan

Leaders
Akhelian King (230)- General- Bladed Polearm- Command Trait: Lord of Storm and Sea - Artefact: Cloud of Midnight - Mount Trait: Voidchill Darkness
Isharann Soulscryer (130)

Battleline
3x3 Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140) (420)

Units
2x3 Akhelian Allopexes (330) (660)- Razorshell Harpoon
2 x Akhelian Allopexes (220)
- Retarius Net Launcher

Behemoths
Akhelian Leviadon (340)

Total: 2000 / 2000

LRL
- Great Nation: Zaitrec

Leaders
Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)
Scinari Cathallar (140)- General- Command Trait: Fast Learner - Artefact: Gift of Celennar - Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light

Battleline
3x10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
3x10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)

Units
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Battleplan:
Shifting Objectives in Gyran

The Battle:

Turn 1 (far right objective is the primary)

1.jpg.c64f365db7f05129f19a562274c58274.jpg

LRL:
Lumineth gets all of their spells of, dealing a  bunch of chip damage to my units, buffs mortal wounds on sentinels, 5+DPR from Teclis, Speed on a unit of wardens and whatever else they can do.
They move up and takes middle and primary objective.
In the shooting phase I use cloud of midnight so only 1 unit can shoot and it kills 2 Ishlaen guards.

IDK:

I fly my Ishlaen guards up to sit on all 3 objectives, My sharks in position to shoot, my Turtle up to buff and stupidly my King up to charge. (he should have been held back inside the boat if I had a redo) Lastly I bring my 2 sharks and the scryer in because m opponent gave me 2 units of Sentinels to charge.
In the shooting phase i shoot down 5 Sentinels and 6 Wardens.
I charge my unit of 2 sharks, 3 ishlaen guards and 3 sharks into wardens and Sentinels. I kill the last 4 Wardens and, with the 2 sharks, I kill an entire unit of Sentinels and trap the other unit due to netting.

7-4 IDK

Round 2 (far left objective is primary)2.jpg.c84c5b947ba77d7a588a65a37e207ac3.jpg

LRL
They keep blasting me with magic. Kills off the King and chips of wounds on all other units exept 3 eels and the scryer. They get the rest of their nonsence off including making my turtle and my net Sharks stupid
10 Wardens and the dawnriders move to the middle, 10 Wardens move to the right objective and the 10 Sentinels move back.
All the shooting kills 1 Net shark and charges from the 20 Wardens kills another 2 sharks and 2 eels. Sharks kills 15 wardens in total. 1 of the units of sharks runs away but the other 2 units makes their battleshock rolls of a 1 or a 2 to stay one the board.

IDK
Ok. Now I need to kill things and do it fast.
my 1 eel in the middle switches positions with the 3 on the left and the rest of my army stay put.
Shooting thins out the wardens bringing them down to 1 pr. unit. The combat phase finishes them off.

12-6 IDK

Turn 3 (primary objective is in the middle)

3.jpg.224e0a121ea5f90b4fec2bc661aac152.jpg

IDK
My Turn is pretty straight forward. I move my sharks and 3 eels in to the middle of the board, moves the scryer close to the 3 eels and let the 2 units of 1 eel stand on objectives.
My turtle and my net Shark are still stupid so they just hang around doing nothing.
In the shooting phase i shoot everything im allowed to shoot with at the Dawnriders and afterwards charges them.
They die and I collect max points.

LRL
My opponent calls it here because he cant come back on points.

19-6 IDK

Super fun game and this was without a doubt my biggest test with this list. The MWs can really do a number on these guys, but its nice to see that the speed , shooting and CC dam output + the cloud of midnight can still cause armies to many problems to handle.

1 great to see how those sentinels have learned the little mermaid lesson and now want to live underwater. 

2. great to read the use you got out of the sharks. So thanks for that. 

3. The midnight cloud thing is basically: cloud says can’t  shoot me. Allegiance says you have to shoot me. Opponents army 404’s if both are true? 
have I understood that right? 

56 minutes ago, Kramer said:

1 great to see how those sentinels have learned the little mermaid lesson and now want to live underwater. 

2. great to read the use you got out of the sharks. So thanks for that. 

3. The midnight cloud thing is basically: cloud says can’t  shoot me. Allegiance says you have to shoot me. Opponents army 404’s if both are true? 
have I understood that right? 

Yeah. The whole idea with the cloud of midnight in this list is to negate a round of shooting and get up and personal with the opponent.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mrteige said:

Yeah. The whole idea with the cloud of midnight in this list is to negate a round of shooting and get up and personal with the opponent.

So that's a winter errata then? 😂
Seems pretty janky if i'm honest. But those little unintentional interactions are very cool. Or maybe it'll stick as you can still counter play it a little bit.

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Seems pretty janky if i'm honest. But those little unintentional interactions are very cool. Or maybe it'll stick as you can still counter play it a little bit.

I dont think so. That gimmick has always been there and they havent done anything about it yet but we will see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

GW have clarified that this effect was intentional in the designer's comments two  years ago. 

• Like 1