AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Now maybe the right threat...

sadly my deadwatch was not up to the task of killing a blightking spam list.

6D1866BA-8475-475B-98C1-6ED6B5DC58CF.jpeg

9FCB9102-B15B-4647-BA49-C3DFF3FFC3F9.jpeg

The point costs of the kings (5 for 160) triggered my Tourette. Got wiped early round 5, the scenario (?!hold&conquer?!) since I would have needed 5 models to sneak a win through summoning, tough luck.

1.5k is not enough for competitive DW, 2k with 9/6/3 flayers might be more like it. And sadly he pushed me into starting round, so no double turn. Flayers with unholy vitality and black hunger are pretty nice, though...

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Honk said:

Now maybe the right threat...

sadly my deadwatch was not up to the task of killing a blightking spam list.

6D1866BA-8475-475B-98C1-6ED6B5DC58CF.jpeg

9FCB9102-B15B-4647-BA49-C3DFF3FFC3F9.jpeg

The point costs of the kings (5 for 160) triggered my Tourette. Got wiped early round 5, the scenario (?!hold&conquer?!) since I would have needed 5 models to sneak a win through summoning, tough luck.

1.5k is not enough for competitive DW, 2k with 9/6/3 flayers might be more like it. And sadly he pushed me into starting round, so no double turn. Flayers with unholy vitality and black hunger are pretty nice, though...

Flayers feel dissapointing, their armor dealing potential do not compete with rerolls and damage 2(3) of horrors

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, XReN said:

Flayers feel dissapointing, their armor dealing potential do not compete with rerolls and damage 2(3) of horrors

They were important when the meta consisted of armies with 2+ rerollable armor saves, but since the inception of 2.0 flayers have dropped off in utility quite a bit.

17 hours ago, XReN said:

Flayers feel dissapointing

Yes I know, but I really don’t feel like ripping all the arms off again...

and I need to burn my dice. The GW Skull Dice roll like... well, a lot of skulls and that’s not what they should roll.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:28 PM, CanHammer-darren said:

Ghoul king on TG x2

one on a ZD

arkhan

min ghouls

Hey! You play Flesh-Eaters? Their lore is just wonderful. 

Anyway, I'm in Ottawa as well and I'd love to try playing against the FEC.

Edited by Hankster

Has anybody tried merging Monster Mash with ghoul patrol? 

This is the list I'm thinking:

GkoTG- general, majestic horror, Flayed pennant (400)

GkoTG- grim Garland (400)

GKoZD- (440)

Crypt ghast courtier- (80)

(Optional) GKoF- (140)

Battleline:

3x10 Ghouls (300)

Battalion

Ghoul patrol (180)

1940 points +2CP ( first turn maximum summoning) 

This will give your whole army the chance to outflank and if any of the ghouls from ghoul patrol survive you get d6 a turn and with two courtiers next to them with 12 dice needing 2+ to heal the ghouls isn't bad. And on top of that you add three units of horrors for free. 

This is the list I've got. Arkhan is too good to pass up. I don't like the 10x Ghouls to start out. That can be quickly erased imo.

LEADERS
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)

UNITS
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

BATTALIONS
Ghoul Patrol (180)

TOTAL: 1980/2000

Sooo, have anyone converted Vargulf courtiers? (couldn't find SCE-wannabe court here, but their Varghulf looks cool)
From GW minis or not, doesn't really matter, I'd like to do something with him because I dislike the model (or build completely new one one from whatever), so any suggestions will be appreciated 

56 minutes ago, XReN said:

Sooo, have anyone converted Vargulf courtiers? (couldn't find SCE-wannabe court here, but their Varghulf looks cool)
From GW minis or not, doesn't really matter, I'd like to do something with him because I dislike the model (or build completely new one one from whatever), so any suggestions will be appreciated 

My Varghulfs-  Ogroid Thaumaturge with Vargeist wings and staff turned into a bone, and a Khorgorath with Vargeist wings and head. Simple :) 

courtier.jpg

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Heroflegend21 said:

Looks like they needed ghoul patrol XD

LOL I don't see any armies using Ghoul Patrol doing any better. I honestly think it probably came down to player skill/meta match up. At the top levels in any competitive game it comes down to how well you play as long as you bring the proper tools for the job.

11 hours ago, XReN said:

I converted a GW giant. Looks like a bigger Crypt Horror and fits in pretty well.

C9D5C3F8-F028-4C1D-A5C8-FB1564AEAB9C.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrbedlam said:

LOL I don't see any armies using Ghoul Patrol doing any better. I honestly think it probably came down to player skill/meta match up. At the top levels in any competitive game it comes down to how well you play as long as you bring the proper tools for the job.

I'm not saying ghoul patrol and nothing else I'm saying monster mash in cahoots with ghoul patrol giving your opponent an imminent threat and a growing threat. And then with Arkhan providing all the spells needed to be cast! Not only that your army has deep strike and with the two courtiers you summon won't die off unless your opponent focuses them. 

14 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

You can’t run a decent ghoul patrol and still have space for 4 big guys

Well it goes with the philosophy of running min battleline while also running max monsters. And with this battalion it gives your ghouls some staying power and the chance to become a threat on their own. 

15 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

You can’t run a decent ghoul patrol and still have space for 4 big guys

You can, but it is tricky to pull off. If you deploy the patrol relatively defensively, maybe even with one unit starting on the board...

sacrifice one unit to buff up the other ones, all depends on the pressure and you „adding“ d6, but as usual, who rolls most sixes tends to win.

If you add only 1-2 per round nobody cares (well, except you) if you get 5-6...

Such lists are high risk high reward, if you pull it off, great, but if your opponent is able to wipe two units off the board and sits nice and tight on the objectives, you‘re in deep

21 hours ago, Honk said:

You can, but it is tricky to pull off. If you deploy the patrol relatively defensively, maybe even with one unit starting on the board...

sacrifice one unit to buff up the other ones, all depends on the pressure and you „adding“ d6, but as usual, who rolls most sixes tends to win.

If you add only 1-2 per round nobody cares (well, except you) if you get 5-6...

Such lists are high risk high reward, if you pull it off, great, but if your opponent is able to wipe two units off the board and sits nice and tight on the objectives, you‘re in deep

I half agree with this. I don't feel it's as risky as advertised. I feel it puts your opponent in a position to choose where they focus or split their focus. Either on the slow or fast growing ghoul force that is on their side of the table or the monsters on the other end summoning support and more bodies while being major threats themselves. And if the opponent is unable to completely kill off the ghouls between two courtiers they will regenerate pretty quickly. 

14 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

What I meant is I feel that ghoul patrol needs lots of ghouls to really be worth the cost of the battallion. And it’s hard to find the points for enough ghouls if you need 4 big monsters

And the strength from ghoul patrol isn't maxing out the ghouls it's the fact that you are getting more ghouls for the points you pay for them which is screaming value. And if your opponent wastes a damage  trying to wipe them from the table and fail they are popping back up real fast and growing on top of that. I feel the combination of monster mash and ghoul patrol is far better than one or the other!

• Like 1