AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

9 minutes ago, Blairtiny said:

Great to finally get some rules for our new models!

what do people think the base sizes will be of all the new models

we we know the guard are 25mm

what about the rest? I’m building my own version of all the hero’s and the knights so want to get base sizes right

The Knights look small so ordinary cavalry bases.

Varghulf on the base size between 75 oval and chariot oval

40mm for the Abhorrant 

I can't speak for anyone else's guess and am not great at estimating base size on my own, but I really hope am torn between wanting them on 75x42 so the models are bigger and easier to admire, and wanting them on 60x35 because a reinforced unit on anything bigger would be a pain to maneuver (better with fly, at least).

Random idea time but if anyone is looking to start FEC and not interested in the old ghouls you can just use swords for old and halberds for the guard as there's no difference in weapon profiles. 

I wonder If this was intentional for this exact reason?🤔 

Still very tempted by the delusion but not ready to jump in just yet as too much other stuff. 

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Random idea time but if anyone is looking to start FEC and not interested in the old ghouls you can just use swords for old and halberds for the guard as there's no difference in weapon profiles. 

Still very tempted by the delusion but not ready to jump in just yet as too much other stuff. 

Depends on how the arms are slotted i to the body.

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I have to admit I’m a little disappointed that the swords and halberds aren’t 2 separate profiles anyway 

kinda wouldn’t be surprised if when the normal book drops it gives them as separate profiles 

Keen to see what people think of my Gorewarden, decapitator and knight. Please offer cnc

had a spare archregent and ghoul king so thought its the best way to make use of them

also built a dozen mournfang riders on seraphon aggradon so have heaps of spare mounfang to use as mounts for knights

next will be pope, judge and herald 

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0864.jpeg

IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0862.jpeg

IMG_0861.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

That's my plan. Halberds are a traditional "guard" weapon so it even fits thematically.

After going over the leaks, this is my first draft of a list.

Sub Faction Blisterskin

Abhorrent Ghoul King 450
W/ Shadowy Obfuscation, Grim Garland, Flaming Weapons, charnel conviction, Horribly Resilient

Abhorrent Gorewarden 150
W/ Deranged Transformation, Curse

Abhorant Cardinal 120
W/ Bless this meal

Crypt Infernal Courtier 165

6 Crypt Flayers 320

6 Crypt Flayers 320

3 Crypt Flayers 160

3 Morbheg knights 150

Total: 2,000

The general has the potential to be extremely tanky with a potential 5+ ward healing 2d3, and can't be targeted outside of 12. The Garland helps amp up his shriek. The Gorewarden provides utility, as he can either deep strike a unit of flayers or Morbheg knights, or slingshot himself and another unit across the board. This could be my general as well. Since Blisterskin makes him a priest, curse helps up the mortal wound count. The 6 man flayers will be supported by the Courtiers. Morbheg knights are there because they fit the Flying theme, neutralize an unleash hell, and are new and coming in my pre-order box anyways. Lastly, I had 120 points left, so I threw in a Cardinal. He can start on the throne, generate Noble Deeds, and be airlifted out by the squad of 3 flayers.

I was running Blisterskin before, and had already been working on an anvil of Apotheosis priestess that I can proxy as a Cardinal. The rest I will get from the pre order box, so I will be up and running.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 8:04 AM, bonzai said:

After going over the leaks, this is my first draft of a list.

Sub Faction Blisterskin

Abhorrent Ghoul King 450
W/ Shadowy Obfuscation, Grim Garland, Flaming Weapons, charnel conviction, Horribly Resilient

Abhorrent Gorewarden 150
W/ Deranged Transformation, Curse

Abhorant Cardinal 120
W/ Bless this meal

6 Crypt Flayers 320

6 Crypt Flayers 320

3 Crypt Flayers 160

3 Morbheg knights 150

Total: 2,000

The general has the potential to be extremely tanky with a potential 5+ ward healing 2d3, and can't be targeted outside of 12. The Garland helps amp up his shriek. The Gorewarden provides utility, as he can either deep strike a unit of flayers or Morbheg knights, or slingshot himself and another unit across the board. This could be my general as well. Since Blisterskin makes him a priest, curse helps up the mortal wound count. The 6 man flayers will be supported by the Courtiers. Morbheg knights are there because they fit the Flying theme, neutralize an unleash hell, and are new and coming in my pre-order box anyways. Lastly, I had 120 points left, so I threw in a Cardinal. He can start on the throne, generate Noble Deeds, and be airlifted out by the squad of 3 flayers.

I was running Blisterskin before, and had already been working on an anvil of Apotheosis priestess that I can proxy as a Cardinal. The rest I will get from the pre order box, so I will be up and running.

What do you guys think?

Looks interesting 

im a flayer fan. I’d be interested to see if 10 ghoul guard can space out to get a terror g within 3”, a 4+ ward early on could be juicy 

1 hour ago, Blairtiny said:

im a flayer fan. I’d be interested to see if 10 ghoul guard can space out to get a terror g within 3”, a 4+ ward early on could be juicy 

I think it is important to again state that Crypt Guard cannot buff wards of our big monsters + Ushoran the Handsome. Reference for this is again 1.5.1 in the core rules on measuring distances. You always only measure from the closest model. :)

5 hours ago, Craze said:

I think it is important to again state that Crypt Guard cannot buff wards of our big monsters + Ushoran the Handsome. Reference for this is again 1.5.1 in the core rules on measuring distances. You always only measure from the closest model. :)

I read that rule. If you measure between the closest model then the closest model to the left side of the big monster is different to the closest model to the right side of the big monster. I think it's waiting on an FAQ which unfortunately won't be out for ages.

5 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I read that rule. If you measure between the closest model then the closest model to the left side of the big monster is different to the closest model to the right side of the big monster. I think it's waiting on an FAQ which unfortunately won't be out for ages.

Edit: the rule is clear.

Edited by JackStreicher

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

It's a case for rai not raw

I don't know which way you are arguing RAI to be, I could see it going either way. I personally  think the intent is that it improves the ward for them, but is hard to maintain.

If their intent was to specifically disallow units with bigger bases a much better way would be to say "Wounds characteristic of 7 or less", which achieves the same result. Notably the vargulf base (90 by 52) is also too big to benefit. It would be easy enough to extend that to include Vargulfs in a few ways either by having it be 8 or less wounds or just excluding monsters. 

2 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I don't know which way you are arguing RAI to be, I could see it going either way. I personally  think the intent is that it improves the ward for them, but is hard to maintain.

If their intent was to specifically disallow units with bigger bases a much better way would be to say "Wounds characteristic of 7 or less", which achieves the same result. Notably the vargulf base (90 by 52) is also too big to benefit. It would be easy enough to extend that to include Vargulfs in a few ways either by having it be 8 or less wounds or just excluding monsters. 

Edit: I re-read the rule: It’s intentional, that’s the only reason the range is that short :)

Varghulf works though (don‘t place him perpendicular to the unit)

Edited by JackStreicher

2 hours ago, Blairtiny said:

Important question for my wallet…. 6,9 or 12 knights

I guess it depends on what kind of list you want to play...If you want to go down the Hollowmourne route, you can not have enough Horrors/Flayers, if you lean into more of a Morgaunt/Serf style list less so. ;)

22 hours ago, Craze said:

I guess it depends on what kind of list you want to play...If you want to go down the Hollowmourne route, you can not have enough Horrors/Flayers, if you lean into more of a Morgaunt/Serf style list less so. ;)

By knights I meant new bat knights not key word knights

I have 12 horrors, (will probably go to 18), 18 flayers and 100 ghouls

im thinking 

120 ghouls, 40 beast flayers, 40 guard, 18 horrors, 18 flayers and 6-18 (probably 18) bat knights should allow just about any build

ive kit bashed 6 bat knights and all the new heroes so far

i love the variety of builds this book will allow, means I could play same army a different way multiple weeks at game nights whilst saving a min/max list for tournaments 

25 minutes ago, Blairtiny said:

im thinking 

120 ghouls, 40 beast flayers, 40 guard, 18 horrors, 18 flayers and 6-18 (probably 18) bat knights should allow just about any build

tbh, even though Bat Knights seem to be good, I wonder if you will ever play more than 6 of them. The Gorewarden is not a good General, so you will almost never have them as Battleline, at least in (semi) competitive lists.

• Thanks 1