AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Just want to share my excitement for the greater daemon of slaanesh  from creature castor  can't wait to paint him up  and share him with you guys. Trying to decide if it's better to bring him to the table straight out  or summon him in ( I'm mortal chaos so he is the only daemon I own to summon in) wrath and rapture is on the horizon my fellow seekers!?????

• Like 2

Yea either A. BT Hosts of Slaanesh will coincide with the Duel box or B. Some better placeholder temp rules will be implemented until the battletome.

I actually kind of think B. may be more likely since so far all the God BTs involve Mortal updates as well, and with a Khorne update too at the same time (assuming also Codex World Eaters) I think there may be too much on the plate for Slaanesh Mortals update. Unless one month is Codex World Eaters and next month is Battletome Hosts of Slaanesh.

Kind of like Blight War was released before Maggotkin of Nurgle (or did they come out at the same time? I can't remember.)

Edited by kenshin620

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think Blightwar was August and Nurgle was January. 

To add to this, afaik Blightwar was to be released a lot earlier than it did.

There was talk about some production hiccups or the like at GW, which resulted in an awkwardly delayed release (giggity).

Edited by Xasz
  • Like 1

The recent addition of Lokhir Fellheart to TWW2 got me thinking about Morathi and the old Druchii pleasure cults... I almost started Dark Elves before AoS came on the scene, and much prefer the Druchii style over the standard SoD.

So, while I wait for Wrath and Rapture to arrive, the task of founding a pleasure cult can now occupy my time. The most elegant and graceful of hosts will soon rise to glorious excess. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gothicwaltz said:

The recent addition of Lokhir Fellheart to TWW2 got me thinking about Morathi and the old Druchii pleasure cults... I almost started Dark Elves before AoS came on the scene, and much prefer the Druchii style over the standard SoD.

So, while I wait for Wrath and Rapture to arrive, the task of founding a pleasure cult can now occupy my time. The most elegant and graceful of hosts will soon rise to glorious excess. 

Sounds like a good idea! It makes me hope that, if and when we do get mortals, we have some aelven ones in there too (assuming that being inside a Chaos God can corrupt a soul, some aelven souls may be taibted). It's weird how all Chaos followers seem to be humans or beastmen.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poryague said:

This kinda looks like a mock claw. Like what is mentioned in the story. So possible mortal slaanesh unit.

45514655_2462940330399876_2854627872729989120_o.jpg

Nov6-RumourEngine53hvr.jpg

I hope so! I'd love to see fast mortal troops - we'd just need a way to differentiate them from daemonettes rules-wise, so they're still worth using. Some sort of dance would be awesome, so they change their rules depending on the stage of the dance. 

17 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I hope so! I'd love to see fast mortal troops - we'd just need a way to differentiate them from daemonettes rules-wise, so they're still worth using. Some sort of dance would be awesome, so they change their rules depending on the stage of the dance. 

They may be between daemonetts and witch aelf. The differnce will be the support from heroes and spells and prayers. We will or already had sneak peak at the mortal slaanesh chariots and possibly new mounted troops. So the army may have access to multiple units with 12in or more base movement and possibly run and charges. Those run and charges on the fast units they will have it base or way to give it to them. Imagine Exalted chariots with run and charge 12in+3d6 a possible 30in max threat range. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Poryague said:

They may be between daemonetts and witch aelf. The differnce will be the support from heroes and spells and prayers. We will or already had sneak peak at the mortal slaanesh chariots and possibly new mounted troops. So the army may have access to multiple units with 12in or more base movement and possibly run and charges. Those run and charges on the fast units they will have it base or way to give it to them. Imagine Exalted chariots with run and charge 12in+3d6 a possible 30in max threat range. 

We definitely need run and charge on chariots - even if it was an endless spell, we would greatly benefit from being the actual fastest army in the game. It's weird how Tzeentch has more 16" moves than us.  

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

We definitely need run and charge on chariots - even if it was an endless spell, we would greatly benefit from being the actual fastest army in the game. It's weird how Tzeentch has more 16" moves than us.  

Want really weird beastclaw raiders can be as fast or faster then us deepending on how they build. If slaanesh is about speed then it should be the fastest ground army.  Glass cannon combat and fast army. Kinda like speedsters in comics fast lots of attacks and squishy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Poryague said:

Want really weird beastclaw raiders can be as fast or faster then us deepending on how they build. If slaanesh is about speed then it should be the fastest ground army.  Glass cannon combat and fast army. Kinda like speedsters in comics fast lots of attacks and squishy.

Yeah, definitely. Maybe that harp herald will be equivalent of a blood secrator - a huge bubble that lets us run and charge. Something like "every run roll counts as a 6" would be really appreciated too, if it belonged to a specific host (e.g. Seekers). 

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, definitely. Maybe that harp herald will be equivalent of a blood secrator - a huge bubble that lets us run and charge. Something like "every run roll counts as a 6" would be really appreciated too, if it belonged to a specific host (e.g. Seekers). 

Thatd what I was thinking of the harp a bloodsecrator type model. Though the harp will be a named character. Maybe a caster and/or you pick a song to play to buff or debuff units. In the images its in the middle of the horde so it being capable of buffing is a possibility.

1 minute ago, Poryague said:

Thatd what I was thinking of the harp a bloodsecrator type model. Though the harp will be a named character. Maybe a caster and/or you pick a song to play to buff or debuff units. In the images its in the middle of the horde so it being capable of buffing is a possibility.

Yeah, I'm assuming she doesn't swing the harp around like some sort of philistine so buffing/debuffing/casting is the most likely. As the Masque dances to debuff our opponents, maybe she will play to buff us; not saying she should double movement, but I would love for some sort of movement enhancement. +1 to hit would also be nice, but probably too strong when combined with daemonettes.    

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, I'm assuming she doesn't swing the harp around like some sort of philistine so buffing/debuffing/casting is the most likely. As the Masque dances to debuff our opponents, maybe she will play to buff us; not saying she should double movement, but I would love for some sort of movement enhancement. +1 to hit would also be nice, but probably too strong when combined with daemonettes.    

Maybe a buff that lets you kinda of fly jump over a unit to hit the back one. Completely ignore the chaff for the juicy targets in back.

10 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Maybe a buff that lets you kinda of fly jump over a unit to hit the back one. Completely ignore the chaff for the juicy targets in back.

Yeah, that would be excellent. The general lack of fly really hampers our movement; having a spell that gave us fly and maybe something else (a bit like Neferata's spell) would really help - there's only one thing scarier than an exalted keeper of secrets piling in and attacking twice, and that's an exalted keeper of secrets that piles in and attacks twice that ignores the line of skeletons between it and Arkhan the Black. 

I really wonder what other spells we'll get.  

The Chaos Lord marked Slaanesh already lets your mortal units run and charge... and that harp player looks like a daemon.  Perhaps the harp creates a charge bonus? Or perhaps battleshock bonus/ debuff.  Daemonettes can already run and charge... perhaps it lets some other daemon unit run and charge that normally cant.  We shall see!

2 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

Daemonettes can already run and charge... perhaps it lets some other daemon unit run and charge that normally cant

I'm mostly hoping that chariots will gain the run and charge ability some way or another. They seem to be the unit that needs it the most (as they need to get the charge off to reach their potential) - that said, this could be solved by a warscroll change, or even a battalion. The Keeper of Secrets/exalted Keeper of Secrets would also be scary with run and charge.

1 hour ago, firebat said:

I could see them perhaps giving the Seeker chariots run and charge to make them more of a choice compared to the exalted chariot but can't see the exalted on getting it. It's good as it is. 

Retreat and charge would be nice as well.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

The Chaos Lord marked Slaanesh already lets your mortal units run and charge... and that harp player looks like a daemon.  Perhaps the harp creates a charge bonus? Or perhaps battleshock bonus/ debuff.  Daemonettes can already run and charge... perhaps it lets some other daemon unit run and charge that normally cant.  We shall see!

Maybe automatic 6 run or better yet triggering the abilities on a 5 or 6 (as I’m convinced it will eventually become on a natural 6 instead of 6+)

Edited by Kramer

Do any of you guys use the AoS app? I finally broke down and purchased the general's handbook via the app so I could access the slaanesh rules. When I read the slaanesh allegiance rules on the "My Battle" page I'm not given the depravity summoning rules. Was I duped or am I just not looking at it right? 

On 11/7/2018 at 2:31 PM, PensivePanther said:

Do any of you guys use the AoS app? I finally broke down and purchased the general's handbook via the app so I could access the slaanesh rules. When I read the slaanesh allegiance rules on the "My Battle" page I'm not given the depravity summoning rules. Was I duped or am I just not looking at it right? 

I use the app, but yeah the allegiance abilities that get added seem to be the 2017 pages despite selecting the 2018 option. Not the biggest deal since they didn't change as a whole but is a bit annoying. I'd either just note down the costs of what you're likely to want to summon or keep a screenshot of the page open so you can flip to it easily.