AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

Looks pretty solid (minus my own concerns with Daemonettes but I won't rehash that). I also think in a Godseekers army the Thermal Rider Cloak on a speed-chaser is awesome. It opens a ton of options as far as retreating over units for better positioning, threatening characters earlier, etc. I played 2 games with that set up and really enjoyed it.  

Funnily enough. I just submitted my bobo list.

Keeper of Secrets (360)

- General- Trait: Speed-chaser - Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak - Spell: Slothful Stupor

Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (160)

- Artefact: Magmadroth Blood Vials - Lore of Slaanesh: Phantasmagoria

- Artefact: Onyx Blade - Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh(140)

The Contorted Epitome (200)

- Lore of Slaanesh: Lash of Slaanesh

30 x Daemonettes (300)

10 x Daemonettes (110)

10 x Daemonettes (110)

Epicurean Revellers (180)

Supreme Sybarites (120)

Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Umbral Spellportal (60)

11 minutes ago, GoddammitGary said:

Funnily enough. I just submitted my bobo list.

Keeper of Secrets (360)

- General- Trait: Speed-chaser - Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak - Spell: Slothful Stupor

- Artefact: Magmadroth Blood Vials - Lore of Slaanesh: Phantasmagoria

- Artefact: Onyx Blade - Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh(140)

The Contorted Epitome (200)

- Lore of Slaanesh: Lash of Slaanesh

30 x Daemonettes (300)

10 x Daemonettes (110)

10 x Daemonettes (110)

Epicurean Revellers (180)

Supreme Sybarites (120)

Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Umbral Spellportal (60)

If you don't mind my asking about a few choices (just curious as to your thought process):
-Are you confident in your ability to cast stupor without bonuses to cast? Does that factor into your decision at all?
-Why Magmadroth Vials - I'm sure I've missed something here

And unrelated to the list - do you think the damage caused by the exalted chariots ability (Excess of Blades and Pungent Soulscent) generate DP?

3 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

If you don't mind my asking about a few choices (just curious as to your thought process):
-Are you confident in your ability to cast stupor without bonuses to cast? Does that factor into your decision at all?

And unrelated to the list - do you think the damage caused by the exalted chariots ability (Excess of Blades and Pungent Soulscent) generate DP?

Stupor is a more to be there than cast. Keeps somthings honest and wary.  Can cause thr odd blow out .

Magmadroths you can drink then dump in the fane at the same time . Meaning all the buffs first turn to charge and do some damage.  But I'm not married to the idea. Basically thermal rider is too good not to take and then i need to take 2 other items...

And no I don't think they generate dp.  They are neither attacks or spells.

12 minutes ago, GoddammitGary said:

Basically thermal rider is too good not to take and then i need to take 2 other items...

That makes sense, I really enjoy playing that particular set up. It makes me consider going invaders pretty consistently to get access to it, especially with the amount of Sylvaneth I play locally. 

20 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

That makes sense, I really enjoy playing that particular set up. It makes me consider going invaders pretty consistently to get access to it, especially with the amount of Sylvaneth I play locally. 

Saying that I totally just chickened out and put Soulslice in the list instead 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

Haha woah, I had this list with different endless spells/artifact/ct as my tourney one initially.  I really want to squeeze in lord of chaos with into the Fray, though so I might drop revellers and go to 4 drops.

P.S. I have been playing that it does not count for DP.   I'd classify it as an ability rather than attack.  Their FAQ will hit before my next tournament, though.

Hello Everyone, 

I was hoping for some advice on a list I was looking at. I already play skaven so I am trying to keep the model count as low as possible but still want the army to be some what viable. I do not usually play in tournaments but would not be against it. So would this even be decent?

Shalaxi 340

Keeper 360

Keeper 360

Syll'Esske 200

Epitome 200

Seeker Chariot 120

Seeker Chariot 120

Seeker Chariot  120

Cogs 60

Supreme Sybarites 120

2000 pts total.

I figure I would pick up some chaff to summon in with depravity points some deamonettes or something of that nature. I was gifted a Keeper so now the temptation is too great lol. 

Edited by J3088
Mistyped points on sybarites

Who else is looking at a (mostly) mortal Slaanesh list? Should get the book any day now. 

What should I be on the look out for? 

Looking to use Syll’Esske, lord on daemonic mount, chaos sorcerer and Shalaxi, daemon Prince as heroes. 

(2x)15 warriors of chaos, 20 or 30 daemonettes, and some Chosen as food troops. With either 10 knights or 3 chariots to support the lord on mount. 

This I have painted or will do anyway because I like the models. Are there any cool bits and bobs I should add to or look for? 

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Who else is looking at a (mostly) mortal Slaanesh list? Should get the book any day now. 

What should I be on the look out for? 

Looking to use Syll’Esske, lord on daemonic mount, chaos sorcerer and Shalaxi, daemon Prince as heroes. 

(2x)15 warriors of chaos, 20 or 30 daemonettes, and some Chosen as food troops. With either 10 knights or 3 chariots to support the lord on mount. 

This I have painted or will do anyway because I like the models. Are there any cool bits and bobs I should add to or look for? 

I feel the best thing you can do for mortals is try maximise the number of attacks you make to trigger our allegiance ability. Syll'Esske is also a really good shout for his command ability. 

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I feel the best thing you can do for mortals is try maximise the number of attacks you make to trigger our allegiance ability. Syll'Esske is also a really good shout for his command ability. 

Yeah agreed. Love the model mostly for its bridging mortal and daemonic aesthetic but that command ability is ace. 

Curious to what the actual results will be but now i’m pretty happy with arming my chaos warriors with spears. More attacks, means more sixes hopefully. 😁

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Firstly, apologises about the delay with setting up an Hedonites topic but real life gets in the way. To keep things really simple, I think we should move any new conversations for the Battletome to the new topic and I shall lock this one here (it will get a bit confusing and messy merging topics).

Thanks