AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

At first I was excited, but then a lot of things I wanted were not coming and then it also dawned on me that with what they have shown there will probably be big changes all around, so now I'm trying not to think about it too much till I see what we have. My hope is that I won't start fantasising about stuff that wont be in or cant work. That way I can come to the art with fresh eyes.

Thorne for example is not total trash, but the playstyle had changed dramatically, and I prefered the old style, even though the new style is stronger Imo. (which led to massive sadness)

Edited by kahadin

The masque got kinda nasty and tanky

ABILITIES
Staff of Masks: 
At the start of your hero phase, you can either add D3 to the Attacks characteristic of this model’s melee weapons until your next hero phase, or you can heal up to D3 wounds allocated to this model.

The Endless Dance: 
This model is eligible to fight in the combat phase if it is within 6" of an enemy unit instead of 3", and can fly and move an extra 3" when it piles in. In addition, you can re-roll hit rolls for attacks made by this model that target an enemy unit with a Move characteristic of 10" or less, and you can re-roll wound rolls for attacks made by this model that target an enemy unit with a Move characteristic of 5" or less.

Lithe and Swift:
This model can run and still charge later in the same turn.

Inhuman Reflexes: 
Roll a dice each time you allocate a wound or mortal wound to this model. On a 4+, that wound or mortal wound is negated

• Like 1

So soul hunters seems to be a shared thing for seekers and hellstriders. If they kill a model, +1A on the next combat phase. 

Seekers went to 3/4/-1/1, our banner allows us to reroll charges, but lost the locus to add 1 to run and charge. 

Honestly, hellstriders are just weaker seekers at this point, they have a standard 3/4/-1/1 but lost any bonus to charge. They are functionally cheaper seekers of slaanesh on discount, though they did go to a 4+ save. They also lost their MW save. 

Edited by carnith

The Squeaker of Keeprets looks pretty good. Interestingly, the Forge World Exalted's warscroll appears to have been updated (pointing to a "2019 soulfeaster keeper of secrets") but the pdf has not yet been added/uploaded.

No nerfs in what I can see - just buffs and more options, really. Probably going to go with the Sinoustrous Hand or whatever given what most of my Keepers are already armed with.

Shalaxi Helbane isn't *that* exciting, really. Or am I the only one who thinks so?

4 hours ago, Overread said:

I sort of hope hellstriders lose their whole "+1 attack" feature each time they don't kill much - it sort of sounds neat until you realise you have to engineer them to under-perform early so that they perform as they should mid to late game. Though in theory as they take losses it means they might keep a similar number of attacks going out. 

And yeah typically at Midnight GMT is when New Zealand gets its update and that's when everyone leaps onto the NZ GW site for a look (then has a minor heart attack at the prices)

It won't matter now if it's been changed but you have the Hellstriders rule totally backwards. They stood more chance to gain +1 attack the more they killed (you had to roll under the number of kills) not less.

Seeker chariot got buffed and based on stats it is looking like daemonettes got buffed to 3 to hit and 4 to wound4 to wound

Seeker chariot new 

Impossibly Swift:
This unit can retreat and still charge later in the same turn.

Mutilating Blades:
Roll a dice for each enemy unit that is 
within 1" of a model from this unit after the model from this unit finishes a charge move. On a 2+ that enemy unit suffers D3 mortal wounds. If this unit has more than 1 model, roll to determine if mortal wounds 
are inflicted after each model completes its charge move, but do not allocate the mortal wounds until after all of the models in the 
unit have moved.

seekers  chariots do their mw on the charge and auto do d3

Hellflayers do it at the start of combat, and for each unit they are near that they grinded, get +1 attack. 

Exalted Chariot gets both of these rules, but cannot retreat and charge. The normal exalted had 4 whips (now with rend), 9 normal nette attacks (these were normally 6, so did daemonettes get an attack increase?) and still 8 mounts, but they went to 3/4 as well. Exciting. 

Consroted Epitome isn't awful in combat either. While a great caster, and their unique spell being select d3 units 24" and get reroll hits of 1 against those targets, this will be a bit of staple spell. It also has 9 attacks from the heralds, 3/4/-1/1 but the two tentacles get 2 attacks 3/4/-2/2. 7 wounds with a 5+ save, It's not bad at all.

Just now, firebat said:

The Masque has been nerfed massively I feel. Her greatest ability was the  reduction in movement bubble. While she was interesting support before, now she's just another fighty character.

It's was move characteristic and if they were within 12" of her beforehand, chances are they were coming for her and would likely make the charge. I'll take her for what she is now. 

Keeper looks to be a powerhouse! The dagger and claw are both neat options, one dishes out damage and the other heals the keeper if its killed (so ideal against mobs). The Shield gives it basically a 6+ save against wounds and mortal wounds; which is nice, but at the same time as its only a 6+ save its not going to happen all that often. Perhaps good against armies that spam a lot of attacks or mortal wounds, but otherwise I'd say the dagger or claw are going to be the favoured weapons.

The whip is also situational as its ability only triggers on monstrous units, meanwhile its damage is decent and ranged. Good to take against someone you know is going to bring big monsters. Interestingly if I look at the sprue right its got two whips on the kit.

I figure the whip will be more popular with the hero variation which can only take shield or whip. 

Edited by Overread

Dissapointed with the Hellstrider nerf (awful models I dont have to play now) and the kinda pitiful amount of attacks Shalaxi gets, but the rest is nice. The Chariot is a crazy blender with that "+1 attack to melee weapons" bit, isn't that 25 attacks + impacts?

Edited by Benkei

4 minutes ago, carnith said:

It's was move characteristic and if they were within 12" of her beforehand, chances are they were coming for her and would likely make the charge. I'll take her for what she is now. 

Well that's a very one dimensional way of looking at it. Yes, they could come for her but it slowed everything in range down. It also wasn't impossible to protect her or position her where it wasn't ideal for her to end up in combat.

Edited by firebat

11 minutes ago, firebat said:

The Masque has been nerfed massively I feel. Her greatest ability was the  reduction in movement bubble. While she was interesting support before, now she's just another fighty character.

I wouldn't call that a Nerf, but a change, but I agree. I don't like it when we lose unique stuff like the dance bubble.

That said, I've got her and if the points are right I'll use her. However she might have nighthauntitis. Where they have a bunch of fighty stuff with no utility that never gets used. Like the reaper guy on flying horse or the throne guy.

Just now, kahadin said:

I wouldn't call that a Nerf, but a change, but I agree. I don't like it when we lose unique stuff like the dance bubble.

That said, I've got her and if the points are right I'll use her. However she might have nighthauntitis. Where they have a bunch of fighty stuff with no utility that never gets used. Like the reaper guy on flying horse or the throne guy.

Probably comes down to points shes fast, Really durable, can self heal, gain d3 attacks, run and charge and now has 6in activation.