Points Changes

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ianob said:

Yes, there is now a counterplay to shooting and you can't just focus fire what you like, when you like. Great for the game.

Yes, you may now have to build armies that include other styles units. Hint: Enlightened are really good.

Yes, Changehost works very differently now - as well it should, because "I put down more models than is reasonable" is not a style of play that is conducive to good games competitively or otherwise. Just because it is different does not mean it is bad.

No, these changes do not mean that Tzeentch is bad. It means they are fixed. They're still a top tier army with top tier units.

Enlightened got hit too, I believe. They actually got too many changes to say definitively one way or another if they're any good anymore. Remember, before the last GHB beastclawgrots was a top tier army in an era of pre-nerf skyfires.

10 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

If you're looking at doing matched play there's currently a thought/rumour that the Generals Handbook will use a points based allies allocation.

I can well imagine they might impose that. The reading around the allies rule as well (the suggestion that allies can come out of Grand Alliance) is very much 'Open / Narrative' rather than matched. I guess we'll see! 

18 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

If you're looking at doing matched play there's currently a thought/rumour that the Generals Handbook will use a points based allies allocation.

Seems to be correct.  There's an image floating around that shows allies at <=200 point for Vanguard, <=400 points for Battlehost, and <=500 points for Warhost.  On the same page it talks about Endless Spells so it must be from the new book.

28 minutes ago, ssharkus said:

Seems you never played against LoN First Cohort with Nagash and wards everywhere.)))

Skyfires can now be blocked with single endless wall and Look out sir is a huge nerf to their Hero sniping powers.

Split was reworked completely making the best screen chaff units in game mediocre. RIP Changehost.

Yep Tzeentch is super gutted now. No one will take skyfires if they are smart or competitive. There job was to take out heroes. Thats impossible now. And no insta-splitting, combined with the wonky points build up means effectively every daemon list is done. Coincidentally they dropped the price of Acolytes..hmm...  

I was surprised to see that except Skinks losing their horde bonus my Seraphon received (small) point drops it seems.

Guard and Knights -10
Stega and Troggy -20
Oldblood on Carno -20

And some bataillons dropped a bit. All sensible changes on first glance since those all were overcosted units.

Unfortunately one of the units that would have needed them most (Kroxigor) didn't get cheaper.
Compared to the similarly skilled Core Gruntas they are still quite expensive.

Speaking of those... I seriously hope Ironjawz and Destruction in general receive something very nice very soon. My friend plays them (IJ and Bonesplitterz ) and they never win against my Seraphon or Skellies. Not even agajnst the weaker lists.

So he never plays those beautiful and cool models and instead plays only boring and annoying SCE. :(

Several units that kept Khorne afloat got an increase, on top of the vast majority of their battalions increasing by 20-100 points.

I've posted all the changes in:

Not looking too good tbh.

We knew GW would throw some generic nerfs down the Chaos hallway but Khorne has by far the worst summoning ability. Which will ultimately not see a whole lot of action down the line. I would have understood some of them, if Khorne was on the same level as Tzeentch or Nurgle but it looks rather soulcrushing.

I expect a shift away from daemons and back to mortals, positioning Khorne into lower tier 2 or upper tier 3. StD points are still unknown and might give them a boost.

1 hour ago, syph0n said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Order Serpentis drops. Currently I run about 9 units, which clocks in around 1900 points, including a Battalion. That's no allies. 

To quote myself, and for anyone who might like allying in Order Serpentis units (no one? OK)

I think I've analysed the pixels enough of a video:

• Hydra -20
  • Knights -20
  • Chariot -20
  • Battalion -30 (really hard to make out)
  • Dragon no change 

It's very hard to tell though. The video was apparently 1080p but I don't think it was rendering close to it. 

56 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

any word on how blightkings faired. Hope they went up

Wasn't it so that the only thing that changed concerning Nurgle was that the Plaguetouched warband became bit more expensive?

I have to say that I'm amazed that there are no points increases on Seraphon, besides batallions. I might have to finally rebase my models and paint up some of those old metal models that I have hoarded. They look really fun to play, but not really fun to face unfortunately, so I might have to reserve using them only against my friends Undead and in tournaments and play against others with older armies with my much more soft forces :) 

1 hour ago, Jamopower said:

Wasn't it so that the only thing that changed concerning Nurgle was that the Plaguetouched warband became bit more expensive?

I have to say that I'm amazed that there are no points increases on Seraphon, besides batallions. I might have to finally rebase my models and paint up some of those old metal models that I have hoarded. They look really fun to play, but not really fun to face unfortunately, so I might have to reserve using them only against my friends Undead and in tournaments and play against others with older armies with my much more soft forces :) 

Just play one of the less brutal lists (Firelance or so) against the weaker armies and you won't be too OP I guess.

4 hours ago, Bellfree said:

Enlightened got hit too, I believe. They actually got too many changes to say definitively one way or another if they're any good anymore. Remember, before the last GHB beastclawgrots was a top tier army in an era of pre-nerf skyfires.

Nope; still 160 for 3.

4 hours ago, Xasz said:

StD points are still unknown and might give them a boost.

StD took a slight hit too, weirdly; some heroes went up, the warshrine went down, marauders are now minimum 20. Battalions all went up, including the everchosen ones.

11 minutes ago, Waiyuren said:

StD took a slight hit too, weirdly; some heroes went up, the warshrine went down, marauders are now minimum 20. Battalions all went up, including the everchosen ones.

Do we know anything about Knights, Chariots, Chosen or the Shrine?

Meaning exact numbers.

I'd guess the majority of StD and Chaos Warriors stayed they same.

6 hours ago, Tip4Tap said:

I don't even play destruction and I feel bad for them. Seems like they are destined to be bottom dwellers again.

I remember stonehorns that halved all damage with battle brew and the snowball from the thundertusk and who can forget the Kunnin Rukk

All of those things were broken and terrible for the game and frankly I don't miss them or want them back!

Id like to see them push ironjawz more as they're the coolest models in destruction IMO and nothing about them feels as cheap as any of the above mentioned. Thundertusks do not need to resurface!

3 minutes ago, Zhorphorus said:

Any news on daughters changes? I know people have mentioned the battalions but do we know what to?

Nothing changed apparently 

which if that’s the case is bad because DoK are currently the strongest army in the game IMO. Hag queens and witch aelves are waaaaaay too cheap haha 

From what I can see stormcast have had the biggest change for the better with all of their formations generally coming down and their new stuff being severely unfercosted for how good they are 

Archived