Points Changes

So..where are all these points drops? So far all im seeing is increases across the board. Some units get dropped only to have battalions increase. Only a few changes in all of Death and the new Nighthaunt look suspiciously cheap. Poor Destruction...I feel sorry for them 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

So..where are all these points drops? So far all im seeing is increases across the board. Some units get dropped only to have battalions increase. Only a few changes in all of Death and the new Nighthaunt look suspiciously cheap. Poor Destruction...I feel sorry for them 

Not sure myself but there's a couple of youtube videos with enough pixels that people are sniping some info here there. 

5 minutes ago, Qaz said:

Not sure myself but there's a couple of youtube videos with enough pixels that people are sniping some info here there. 

lol yeah...people are misinterpreting left and right. Earlier I saw Ardboyz at 160/450...they are currently at 180/450 lol wut 

The stormcast episode said that they were really afraid of beastclaw being good again, and so just gave the lightest touch to the 'zero representation, bottom 10% for the last year' -army. I suppose I'm a tad miffed tbh. Why can't destruction have tier 1 armies too?

Edit: standard caveat, we don't know everything yet etc, etc,

4 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

lol yeah...people are misinterpreting left and right. Earlier I saw Ardboyz at 160/450...they are currently at 180/450 lol wut 

We are all excited. I'm excited. Who can blame them when everyone eagerly (impatiently) waits how ghb2018 will impact their armies. 

7 minutes ago, heywoah_twitch said:

The stormcast episode said that they were really afraid of beastclaw being good again, and so just gave the lightest touch to the 'zero representation, bottom 10% for the last year' -army. I suppose I'm a tad miffed tbh. Why can't destruction have tier 1 armies too?

Yeah from what I heard alllllll Beastclaw monsters, no matter the variant, dropped by 40pts...so AoS has come full circle with the Age of Thundertusks possibly returning lol

9 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah from what I heard alllllll Beastclaw monsters, no matter the variant, dropped by 40pts...so AoS has come full circle with the Age of Thundertusks possibly returning lol

?

yeah that was it! masterful tweak and we go from worst to first baby ? with those extra hundred points, I can get 4 cats!

joking aside, at least ironjawz is looking to come out of this with some good stuff

5 minutes ago, heywoah_twitch said:

?

yeah that was it! masterful tweak and we go from worst to first baby ?

joking aside, at least ironjawz is looking to come out of this with some good stuff

Not really...a 20pts drop to Ardboyz and a small drop to the MK's but battalions went up so it evens out. Weirdfist went down..which could be a thing now with endless spells and the new balewind

4 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

I don't even play destruction and I feel bad for them. Seems like they are destined to be bottom dwellers again.

10 minutes ago, Tip4Tap said:

Good because it gives a chance for more variety.

weird because they weren't dominating the scene.

One thing to bear in mind is that the they started work on the new generals handbook not long after the last one came out (new rules were a 12 month project), a year ago Tzeentch felt much more prominent within the tournament scene.

I mean lets be fair, skyfires at +20, with the shooting changes in 2.0, are STILL amazing.

Gaunt Summoner's spell is STILL ridiculous and very far out of whack with other similar spells in the game.

Pinks now creating "free" summoming points or mortal wounds when they die likely still makes their points very good.

Brims are STILL a lot of bodies for a reasonable price.

Kairos is still Kairos.

When the answer to these points changes is "yes, I will still use all of these units at these new points values" then the changes are correct and you realise just how brokenly cheap they were before :)

9 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

One thing to bear in mind is that the they started work on the new generals handbook not long after the last one came out (new rules were a 12 month project), a year ago Tzeentch felt much more prominent within the tournament scene.

Good point. Didn't think about it in that way. 

Any news on DoK? Found stuff about deepkin but nothing on the daughters.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Order Serpentis drops. Currently I run about 9 units, which clocks in around 1900 points, including a Battalion. That's no allies. 

The ally rule change (1 ally for every 4 isn't it?) also has interesting implications here. Before, I was intending on adding a Medusa or Sorceress (or 2) and some Blood Sisters or Warlocks or Khinerai - anything to make up the numbers. Now, I could potentially fit someone like Morathi in which could be incredibly useful. My list also revolves around 2 dragons and 2 hydras, so allied heroes and associated Command Abilities might be really useful. The points might also go towards the Endless Spells, or I save them for Command Points. 

Feels a bit like a new army, especially with realm rules and so on. However, I still feel like (even without playing much anyway of AoS1) that I'll get rolled by 'modern' armies! ?

Battalion price increases apparently.

/EDIT: can a mod merge this into my last post. Didn't mean to double post!

/EDIT: Done :) - RB

21 minutes ago, ianob said:

I mean lets be fair, skyfires at +20, with the shooting changes in 2.0, are STILL amazing.

Gaunt Summoner's spell is STILL ridiculous and very far out of whack with other similar spells in the game.

Pinks now creating "free" summoming points or mortal wounds when they die likely still makes their points very good.

Brims are STILL a lot of bodies for a reasonable price.

Kairos is still Kairos.

When the answer to these points changes is "yes, I will still use all of these units at these new points values" then the changes are correct and you realise just how brokenly cheap they were before :)

Seems you never played against LoN First Cohort with Nagash and wards everywhere.)))

Skyfires can now be blocked with single endless wall and Look out sir is a huge nerf to their Hero sniping powers.

Split was reworked completely making the best screen chaff units in game mediocre. RIP Changehost.

17 minutes ago, Tip4Tap said:

only DoK battalions went up in points, no changes to units. 

@ssharkus and that's fine, you need to find different way to play, Brims and Blue were stupid good chaff along with Pink for their point cost, As @ianob mentioned those units are still very strong, also umbrall portal will be amazing with them

4 minutes ago, ssharkus said:

Seems you never played against LoN First Cohort with Nagash and wards everywhere.)))

Skyfires can now be blocked with single endless wall and Look out sir is a huge nerf to their Hero sniping powers.

Split was reworked completely making the best screen chaff units in game mediocre. RIP Changehost.

Yes, there is now a counterplay to shooting and you can't just focus fire what you like, when you like. Great for the game.

Yes, you may now have to build armies that include other styles units. Hint: Enlightened are really good.

Yes, split no longer automatically makes the best chaff in the game. When it is definitively "best in the game" then it needs to be reworked, right? Should be obvious.

Yes, Changehost works very differently now - as well it should, because "I put down more models than is reasonable" is not a style of play that is conducive to good games competitively or otherwise. Just because it is different does not mean it is bad.

No, these changes do not mean that Tzeentch is bad. It means they are fixed. They're still a top tier army with top tier units.

5 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Not really...a 20pts drop to Ardboyz and a small drop to the MK's but battalions went up so it evens out. Weirdfist went down..which could be a thing now with endless spells and the new balewind

They also said they fixed the destruction and Ironjawz allegiance abilities from being super iffy.

7 minutes ago, syph0n said:

The ally rule change (1 ally for every 4 isn't it?) also has interesting implications here.

If you're looking at doing matched play there's currently a thought/rumour that the Generals Handbook will use a points based allies allocation.

Archived