Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

I assume the castellant is there to buff the paladins once the cavalary get a good distance ahead, the relictor depends on the prayers taken as to usefulness (though I rarely run without two relictors) and the Lord celestant is your battleshock staying power so it's hard to pick out a hero to drop in order to fit in the heraldor. At a push I might rate the heraldor over castellant as your fulminators will be 2+ rerolling ones in proximity to Lord celestant from his command trait. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Melcavuk said:

Have you considered a heraldor to boost those fulminators, that way in running them in a single large unit you could benefit from retreat and charge

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere as a viable tactic, but does the extra damage gained on the Glaive charge really outweigh the damage lost from shooting? The Heraldor ability does not grant the power to shoot while retreating, and the math works out in the favor of Lightning Surge. Shooting will give you 2.67 mortal wounds per Fulminator, while the Glaive going from 1 to 3 damage gains 2.67 damage at rend -1 per Fulminator. Not a beneficial trade, unless the enemy models 1) have a higher save against mortal wounds than they do against normals (which I'm not aware of any natural instances in the game), or 2) if they have some form of debuff/extra save that kicks in specifically in non-combat phases. 

Or am I missing something that allows a unit to retain it's full benefits as if it did not charge?

On 2017-07-22 at 3:30 PM, Freejack02 said:

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere as a viable tactic, but does the extra damage gained on the Glaive charge really outweigh the damage lost from shooting? The Heraldor ability does not grant the power to shoot while retreating, and the math works out in the favor of Lightning Surge. Shooting will give you 2.67 mortal wounds per Fulminator, while the Glaive going from 1 to 3 damage gains 2.67 damage at rend -1 per Fulminator. Not a beneficial trade, unless the enemy models 1) have a higher save against mortal wounds than they do against normals (which I'm not aware of any natural instances in the game), or 2) if they have some form of debuff/extra save that kicks in specifically in non-combat phases. 

Or am I missing something that allows a unit to retain it's full benefits as if it did not charge?

i think its more for when you are blocked by horde and want to get away from them to kill something useful like i remember that game when i was block by 30 plague bearer and didnt get through them in 5 rounds cause i didnt have a heraldor

Prayers. I've been taking Lightening Chariot pretty religiously (geddit!) for a while now but I can count the times I've used it on one hand in @ 20 games. Both the range and the diameter needed to set up are restrictive. I know it's situational and that's why it's lingered but I'm starting to think that God-Kings Aspect might not be the better choice. I'm normally playing defensive and shooty with multiple enemy units crashing into me. I think this prayer will be useful and applicable every turn - which in turn might be the best way to extract mileage from a prayer.

I've played with Bless Weapons also but am now thinking God-Kings Aspect is better.

Hey guys,

Looking for some ideas on this list I am putting together, not a tornament player, but wouldn't mind knowing what you think I will struggle against:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Heroes
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Venator (120)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows

Units
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 1x Starsoul Maces
- 1x Starsoul Maces
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
- 1x Grandhammers

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Hammers of Sigmar Warrior Chamber (120)
Thunderhead Brotherhood (80)

Total: 2000/2000

NOTE: I Currently don't have the Knight Venator, a Unit of the Liberators and the 10 Judicators. So they are the easiest to swap out (which also removes the HoSWC and Thunderhead Battatlons).

9 hours ago, Nubgan said:

Hey guys,

Looking for some ideas on this list I am putting together, not a tornament player, but wouldn't mind knowing what you think I will struggle against:

Heroes
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Venator (120)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows

Units
- 1x Starsoul Maces
- 1x Starsoul Maces
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
- 1x Grandhammers

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Hammers of Sigmar Warrior Chamber (120)
Thunderhead Brotherhood (80)

NOTE: I Currently don't have the Knight Venator, a Unit of the Liberators and the 10 Judicators. So they are the easiest to swap out (which also removes the HoSWC and Thunderhead Battatlons).

just so you know the ability of the hswc to get back liberator on a 6 need summoning points so i dont think its worth taking

Heroes
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Mirrorshield 
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Knight-Azyros (80)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
2 x Fulminators (240)
2 x Fulminators (240)

Battalions
Celestial Warbringers Harbinger Chamber (60)
Lords of the Storm (100)

Total: 2000/2000

I'm thinking of running the above list at an upcoming tournament. The basic idea is the the heroes play support while the the heraldors hide away and blow terrain up from 25" out. The Liberators are used to screen or grab objectives, this been scenario dependent. Longstrike focus on priority targets, and Fulminators clean/hold units up as needed or i can just horn buff them and run them out if i want.  My main issue is it lacks some staying power (glass cannon). for example 3 places of power will be an issues with low wound heroes.  The body count is also rather low at 36. 

I'm thinking of swapping out the Fulminators with Palladors for more bodies, wounds and better reach. It will also give me 40 points which means i can drop the Azyros for one of the 120 heroes. Although i play in a chaos heavy meta so the D6 mortal wound bomb will be great, assuming i can get it off.  

Feedback appreciated.

8 hours ago, bolderiz101 said:

just so you know the ability of the hswc to get back liberator on a 6 need summoning points so i dont think its worth taking

Ah okay, thats not worth taking then, Might drop that and 5 liberators (which I took as a tax for that) and take my Longstrike crossbows then

20 hours ago, armisael said:

Who should be ally with stormcast? I wanna try loremaster.

I'm pretty excited to be able to take wizards along side my armies. Or drop a hurricanum in my Aetherstrike list for fun (and 5+ 2 mortal wounds from longstrikes).

On 28/07/2017 at 8:16 AM, Primez said:

Heroes
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Knight-Azyros (80)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
2 x Fulminators (240)
2 x Fulminators (240)

Battalions
Celestial Warbringers Harbinger Chamber (60)
Lords of the Storm (100)

Total: 2000/2000

I'm thinking of running the above list at an upcoming tournament. The basic idea is the the heroes play support while the the heraldors hide away and blow terrain up from 25" out. The Liberators are used to screen or grab objectives, this been scenario dependent. Longstrike focus on priority targets, and Fulminators clean/hold units up as needed or i can just horn buff them and run them out if i want.  My main issue is it lacks some staying power (glass cannon). for example 3 places of power will be an issues with low wound heroes.  The body count is also rather low at 36. 

I'm thinking of swapping out the Fulminators with Palladors for more bodies, wounds and better reach. It will also give me 40 points which means i can drop the Azyros for one of the 120 heroes. Although i play in a chaos heavy meta so the D6 mortal wound bomb will be great, assuming i can get it off.  

Feedback appreciated.

Is there any reason you're taking 4 battleline? Doesn't 2k only require 3?

By dropping one and they azyros you have 180 points which could get you a Venator and a squad of birds or a dog depending on if you think you want screening or deep-strike insurance.

Alternatively, with the lightning chariot and Castellant combining 2 squads of Liberators into a 10 man block can throw a difficult to move unit onto objectives.

With the new GH not far away, I feel it's likely that stormcast may well be able to ally with most order armies. As part of a local build up to Christmas campaign (Sigmas [emoji4]), I have chosen fyreslayers with the aim to expand and fully ally with my stormcast well beyond the campaign. I'm hoping the 'horde' battlelines will work nicely with quite a few of the vanguard units and even a stardrake (maybe not with the restrictions on pts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/29/2017 at 3:42 PM, Kakoshka said:

Is there any reason you're taking 4 battleline? Doesn't 2k only require 3?

By dropping one and they azyros you have 180 points which could get you a Venator and a squad of birds or a dog depending on if you think you want screening or deep-strike insurance.

Alternatively, with the lightning chariot and Castellant combining 2 squads of Liberators into a 10 man block can throw a difficult to move unit onto objectives.

Taking the 4 battleline as a lot of the objectives require bodies. Plus Liberators are really underrated.

I can't drop the Azyros as the Lords of the storm require 6 heroes and the reason he made it in is he's the cheapest hero I can take.  

I have never run a unit of 10 Liberators. I have always done smaller so I can touch more areas of the board. 

Quick question if anyone can help me, I've just started building up the Vanguard Pallador kit, am I correct in thinking you cannot build three regular Palladors with the bits in the box, you have to build a prime? There only appears to be six shoulder pads, including the Prime's one, am I missing something?

On 12/06/2017 at 8:51 PM, Requizen said:

Got some games in over this weekend. Tried out my Lord-Aquillor for the first time. Dude is killy in combat and his Trait is insane, I may end up using him in an Aetherstrike if I can squeeze it. Flying a bunch of Hurricanes into range on T1 is pretty devastating, or yanking certain units out of combat.

You my friend are a genius (or I'm dumb). I'm a Sylvaneth player who's diving back into SC, and hated the lack of movement my aetherstrike has... but aquillor brings that... I still want a drakesworn to slipbe into my aetherstrikeaether, but the aquillor is another great option!

if you want to laugh a lot, aquilor+consummate commander+another aquilor mean 2 teleportation per turn, which demultiplicate your possibilities a lot, and will turn the opponent crazy because he'll always have to take in account the 9836546879 teleport you can do. 

You my friend are a genius (or I'm dumb). I'm a Sylvaneth player who's diving back into SC, and hated the lack of movement my aetherstrike has... but aquillor brings that... I still want a drakesworn to slipbe into my aetherstrikeaether, but the aquillor is another great option!

I use aquillor in my aetherstrike to cart my longstrikes around the table :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys! i wanna know what you think about this list cause im going into a big tournament this week end and i wonder if i should switch the fulmi and the heraldor for a celestian prime

Heroes
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
20 x Liberators (400)
- Warhammers
- 4x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows

Units
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
2 x Fulminators (240)

Battalions
Tempest Lords Harbinger Chamber (140)
Vanguard Wing (100)

What is the verdict on Prosecutor equipment?  I recall before that Hammers were considered much better than javelins, has that changed?  IMHO Javelins look so much cooler but effectiveness is always a concern.  I'm thinking of revisiting Stormcast as an army soon and want mainly foot guys and Prosecutors, no cavalry (my vision of stormcast is infantry with lots of heroes, not so much mounted guys).

Archived