Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does everyone think the possibility of a new Start Collecting box for SCE is?

I think the current one is really lacking to be honest. Coming with just 2 of the easy build Retributors really puts me off, especially with how matched play works with you always paying for a full unit.

I want to start pre-ordering SCE but unsure what to go for just in case they come out with some better deals or even a limited Battleforce box for the Vanguard Chamber. Do we think there will be any new releases like this or would we have heard about it by now?

3 minutes ago, ZaelART said:

What does everyone think the possibility of a new Start Collecting box for SCE is?

I think the current one is really lacking to be honest. Coming with just 2 of the easy build Retributors really puts me off, especially with how matched play works with you always paying for a full unit.

I want to start pre-ordering SCE but unsure what to go for just in case they come out with some better deals or even a limited Battleforce box for the Vanguard Chamber. Do we think there will be any new releases like this or would we have heard about it by now?

Well we haven't seen them revise and SC! box yet so I'm not holding my breath.

It is really designed to compliment the AoS starter box with the SC and the Bloodbound since you get 3 Retributors with that. You could also buy those 3 on eBay for pretty cheap if you don't have those models.

Does anyone in the USA know what time the new models will be up for preorder? I'm refreshing the page like a fiend, trying to make sure I get the battletome set with the warscroll cards before it sells out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Dabra said:

Does anyone in the USA know what time the new models will be up for preorder? I'm refreshing the page like a fiend, trying to make sure I get the battletome set with the warscroll cards before it sells out.

10am west coast. So 47 minutes from now. 

Yeah didn't even get a chance at the limited edition [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22]

1 minute ago, ZaelART said:

Does anyone know if the Warscroll cards also come with the new and repackaged miniatures? Or can only be bought with the Battletome?

Pretty sure they won't come with the new miniatures. Keep in mind you can buy them separate from the battletome.

I'm trying to decide if they would be worth it, I mean they are basically just pieces of paper and a few cardboard tokens :/

I'm 100% getting the cards. I love having a book but quick reference for numbers is much better with cards. And the tokens are nice as well (though I wish it said +1 to whatever instead of the name of the ability).

I'm not sure on the Vanguard-Hunters. They just kinda look like Liberators but more, so I expect them to be priced more like Judicators. I like them, but also I prefer to focus more on elite stuff that has rend and multiwounds than the more line infantry. Depends on the points and what Battalions look like.

I agree about their ability to make backline units terrified though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Azure Guardian said:

They sold out in under and hour, I was thinking of getting one basically for the crack but I didn't expect them to go that quickly.

Now I feel lucky I that I just happened to be on there at the right time and managed to get one.

15 minutes in the US

I think that the warscrolls are A4 size printed , so they are too big to use. Plus i already have printed warscrolls which are MTG size cards.

I am not excited for Vanguard Hunters but i will wait for the battletome and decide after i see their battalions (i suppose they will get 4 just like extremis) I also suppose their cost will be like 160 because of their ability plus their boltstorm pistols.They would have been best with a -1 rend with their melee weapons. I hope they are battleline at least.On the other hand i will have a box of them just to complete the collection.

I expect that the Gryph hounds will have the same ability with rend.

So I just bought into stormcasts yesterday :D My GW still had one of the holiday battleforces (with the prime) so I bought that, a lord celestant on foot, a lord castellant on foot, and pre-ordered the new tome (LE was sold out), warscroll cards and a box of Judicators.  Not really sure how I want to build things at the moment, but I'm definitely excited.

Are the dracoth riders (e.g. Concussors/Desolators/Fulminators/Tempestors) any good?  the battleforce came with two, but I'm thinking of assembling them both as lord celestants on dracoths with different weapons options.  I did not buy the starter set due to the lack of weapons options and only 3 retributors (but will likely try to find a Lord Relictor for sale on ebay as I want to add him).  I also have an extra unassembled Knight Azyros/Venator kit (from silver tower heroes box) as well.

Archived