Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

Hey Guys, I Need your help. Have an upcoming Tournament in 2 weeks. My List so Far:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Dracoth Trait: Thunder Caller
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
- Handaxes & Slingshields
4 x Fulminators (480)
2 x Tempestors (220)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1870 / 2000

Have 130 Points and dont know what to include. Any advices what to addto this list or maybe Change to make it stronger? maybe a Venator?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey Guys, I Need your help. Have an upcoming Tournament in 2 weeks. My List so Far:

Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Dracoth Trait: Thunder Caller
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
- Handaxes & Slingshields
4 x Fulminators (480)
2 x Tempestors (220)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1870 / 2000

Have 130 Points and dont know what to include. Any advices what to addto this list or maybe Change to make it stronger? maybe a Venator?

Don't you need a 3rd battleline? I am guessing that Bezerkers aren't generic so you would need 5 liberators.

1 hour ago, Nubgan said:

Don't you need a 3rd battleline? I am guessing that Bezerkers aren't generic so you would need 5 liberators.

Generic or not, allies won't count towards Battleline requirements. So as great as a Venator would be for this, he will just need to field 5 Liberators.

Solid list, otherwise.

There's a 1000 point tournament near me this weekend. Dunno if I'm gonna go, but if I do I want to bring something stupid and straightforward.

Lord Celestant on Stardrake - Staunch Defenders, Mirrorshield
Knight-Venator

Judicators
Judicators

1000/1000

I don't know if this can actually win games, but I wanted to put down a Stardrake in 1000 points and see what happened. Probably would be better with Lib battlelines and a different Hero, though. Think it'll do ok?

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

There's a 1000 point tournament near me this weekend. Dunno if I'm gonna go, but if I do I want to bring something stupid and straightforward.

Lord Celestant on Stardrake - Staunch Defenders, Mirrorshield
Knight-Venator

Judicators
Judicators

1000/1000

I don't know if this can actually win games, but I wanted to put down a Stardrake in 1000 points and see what happened. Probably would be better with Lib battlelines and a different Hero, though. Think it'll do ok?

you could have a damage problem. Furthermore the enemy will likely ignore the drake and go for your juicy Judis.

Hey guys!  I'm just getting into SCE and I'm also thinking about my initial 1k.  The plan is to build up to the Les Martin TM list (I'm terrible at list writing and I just like big stompy monster lists)

So here's what I've got for my 1k

Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Mirrorshield 
- Dracoth Trait: Pack Hunter
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Venator (120)
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
2 x Fulminators (240)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200

What do you guys think?  At first I had a Relictor instead of the Venator for extra support, not sure which way to go yet.

had a game last night and i tried a vanguard wing + lcosd it went well but i lost cause i was surprise by the list i was agaisnt

flesh eater elite list was hard to break since the guy got 5 model back on the first turn and 6 model on the second and he looped the third round so i pretty much ended up stuck in combat while he capped objectives with hero

1 hour ago, bolderiz101 said:

had a game last night and i tried a vanguard wing + lcosd it went well but i lost cause i was surprise by the list i was agaisnt

flesh eater elite list was hard to break since the guy got 5 model back on the first turn and 6 model on the second and he looped the third round so i pretty much ended up stuck in combat while he capped objectives with hero

FEC fall apart after heros are dead ive found :-)

I recently played a game against the Drakesworn Templar... 3 Stardrakes... Combined, the list ate 7 of 12 Dracothian Guard and demolished 35 liberators (many of which were also eaten). It was a great match. If I had the cash right now.... Daaaaaaamn.

12 hours ago, Waizer said:

I've always wondered how effective a drakesworn temple would be in an actual game. Sounds like it was pretty killy

It was murder. Thanks god they are so expensive because the tournament scene would be nuts with those all over the place.

48 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

At 1700 points, I'm pretty sure the tournament scene isn't going to mind dealing with them..

Mathematically I thought I would be ok as I easily doubled my opponent in  total wounds for an army. I was honestly shocked and impressed with the damage they did. I would run 3 of those bad boys any day of the week. If not for a win, then for the fun! lol

Until they drop wounds they are easily eating anything with 1 or 2  wounds three times each per combat phase. Selected too, any greatweapon, any banner, any champion or hornblower.

With a good dose of luck you're eating 5 wound models. With a dash of luck you're eating any very sturdy 3 wound elites.

I've just got one LCoSD and I've even eaten a smattering of 5 wound super elites like  dracothian guard and varanguard.

It's kind of fun on the table, these Stardrakes must get fuuulllll.

7 hours ago, Major said:

Mathematically I thought I would be ok as I easily doubled my opponent in  total wounds for an army. I was honestly shocked and impressed with the damage they did. I would run 3 of those bad boys any day of the week. If not for a win, then for the fun! lol

Can you tell us more about your game please? Would be interesting.

Speaking of Stardrakes, what is your favorite Mount trait? I always prefer Keen clawed ut i see a lot of love for Starbranded and Stormwinged.

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

Speaking of Stardrakes, what is your favorite Mount trait? I always prefer Keen clawed ut i see a lot of love for Starbranded and Stormwinged.

I really love lithe-limbed, extra move is all time so good.

Speaking of Stardrakes, what do people think of taking Shielded by Faith instead of Staunch Defenders?

If you have a Castellant and/or Wizard for that +1/+2 save bonus, I somehow feel that a bit of protection against MWs could be super useful. Thundertusks, Lords of Change, and Celestial Hurricanums can all deal easy ranged MWs on the big Drakes before they get anywhere close, in ways we can't defend against. Cutting those down by 1/3 while still maintaining a 2+/rr seems pretty good imo, but it's also far less reliable. 

There's a number of 2 Thundertusk players around here, so I'm just a bit worried about getting my Dragon blasted off before he gets to do his thing.

So I've cooked up a list for upcoming 2k big tournament in my area. Any suggestions what to change and what traits/artficats shall I choose? Will be playing against some Serpahons, DoT's and Fyreslayers (most competetive lists in my area).

Allegiance: Order

Lord-Celestant On Stardrake (560)
- Celestine Hammer
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Venator (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers
2 x Fulminators (240)
2 x Fulminators (240)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

15 hours ago, kozokus said:

hahah Well I dont have a batrep or anything but basically I was handed first turn by opponent. I drops unit of 30 libs on an objective and push the other smaller unit up a little to keep close to my judicators. Sent Dracothian Guard to far flank to dry swipe in next turn and hit his judicators.

Long story short, I got double turned by opponent who surrounded 30 libs with 3 drakes while he sniped my general with staunch defender off using judicators. I then failed a charge with my dracothian guard so by the time they got in I was winning in points but had lost majority of my libs. It was a bit of a meatgrinder with his drakes and judicators hitting my remaining libs, guard and in the end the dice just werent rolling in my favour and I lost the battle of grind. Losing so many dracothian guard to the nom-noms of the drakes is both funny and sad at the same time hahaha.

Can report that my new tournament list is something I can really see working in the future.

30 vulkites are very strong and they feel like a flexible tool in most SCE lists. If they FAQ Relictor prayers I may find them most useful for objectives very near and an initial setup screen.

As it stands now though, LC makes them very mobile and flexible.

Ended up coming first in a 4 round 1000 point tournament over the weekend.

Stardrake - Mirrorshield, Staunch Defenders
Relictor - Lightning Chariot

Liberators
Liberators
Judicators

Turns out that at the 1000 level there's not a whole lot that can stop the Stardrake, especially since there were no Tzeentch players and no Beastclaw Thundertusks to bop him with MWs. 

I did run up against a dude running double 30 man Bloodletter units that scared me quite a bit, buffed up to get 3 attacks each and a +1 to hit for a potentially scary amount of MWs, but I managed to thin them out a bit and hit from an angle that only a couple got to attack (plus the Stardrake eating nearby models makes his pile ins less scary).

The final round was pretty insane. Played against a Phoenix Temple player with two Frost Phoenixes and a bunch of the Infantry. On Duality of Death, where he went first and parked his two 4+ Ward Save Behemoths on the objectives. Ooof. 

He held both for three turns, and got both my Heroes down to a single wound, and then I killed both of his Heroes on bottom of 3 with my Heroes, taking them, and scoring 3 rounds in a row, bringing us to a tie game, and since he failed to kill the Stardrake (2+ rerolling dealing MWs on successful rerolls is pretty good, turns out), I won on Kill Points.

Maybe taking a Stardrake to a 1000 point event makes me a bad person, but it sure was fun.

played a big tournaments this week end and i won 4 out of 5 games and the one i lost was a dumb mistake on my part since i could hav just move judicators in range of my objective and i forgot so he took it for 4 points then he looped for another 4 points  so i came up 4th place hahaa

Archived